Grounds passes for tomorrow sold out? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Grounds passes for tomorrow sold out?

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 01:07 AM
I never expected even grounds passes to be sold out, but it seems they are for tomorrow at the USO.

It's my only day off that isn't rained out and I really need to be there... anyone have any clever ways for me to get a ticket? Or anyone have any spares? Ticketmaster online and phone both say no grounds passes are available.... does anyone who's been to the USO before know if they keep some at the box office? Because I'll go as early as necessary to get in tomorrow.

NicoFan
09-03-2006, 01:16 AM
I wonder if its sold out because of people exchanged their tickets. :confused: Because usually there are always grounds passes available the first week. Maybe you have to go to the box office to get them though. Not sure.

Or you can try to scalp one on the boardwalk.

Pigpen Stinks
09-03-2006, 01:18 AM
Sometimes they will release them the day of. In fact, I think that's usually the way it happens. Tomorrow, they may not since there have been so many delays, Agassi is playing, and a full schedule of stars in addition. Then again, they like to suck up as much money as possible. If they play, tomorrow would be a wonderful day to have a grounds pass.

If you don't mind the possibility of wasting a few hours, give it a shot. But get there REALLY early.

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 01:21 AM
Sometimes they will release them the day of. In fact, I think that's usually the way it happens. Tomorrow, they may not since there have been so many delays, Agassi is playing, and a full schedule of stars in addition. Then again, they like to suck up as much money as possible. If they play, tomorrow would be a wonderful day to have a grounds pass.

If you don't mind the possibility of wasting a few hours, give it a shot. But get there REALLY early.

I'll get on the earliest train NJ transit has if necessary. It's my only day off. I'm so incredibly depressed. I really wish Agassi had lost to Baghdatis, I'd have no trouble.

ALL I WANT IS TO SEE NOVAK DJOKOVIC! :mad: Like last night online I could still get one but I wasn't sure of the weather, now it seems fairly certain that at least SOME play will occur and I want the ticket and Ticketmaster gives me nothing. And it's ridiculous to pay scalpers over $100 for a grounds pass that costs $46.

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 01:25 AM
If anyone on MTF really loves me and wants to sell Djokovic's biggest fan a grounds pass, let me know. :p

Tennis Fool
09-03-2006, 01:34 AM
Yeah, I hope there are some passes available. Federer, Safin and Nadal on Armstrong (for live matches that's better than Ashe Stadium) :eek:

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 01:34 AM
Djokovic/Hewitt on grandstand is more what I'm going for :p

Deboogle!.
09-03-2006, 01:36 AM
What about tickets to like Armstrong? Are they still on sale? Wouldn't that then get you everywhere else you'd want to go?

(I don't know, i'm just thinking of a way around the problem)

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 01:37 AM
What about tickets to like Armstrong? Are they still on sale? Wouldn't that then get you everywhere else you'd want to go?

Ashe and Armstrong are also all sold out.

I even just harassed a juniors player I talk to who plays tomorrow and he already gave his away. :bigcry:

Deboogle!.
09-03-2006, 01:39 AM
oh, bummer :(

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 01:40 AM
oh, bummer :(

Yah.

Clara Bow
09-03-2006, 01:46 AM
And it's ridiculous to pay scalpers over $100 for a grounds pass that costs $46.

Granted, I have never been to the USO but I have gotten tics for numerous sporting events/concerts that have been sold out and maybe some could be applicable.

If the scalpers are having trouble selling, they may lower the price if the USO is anything like other sporting events that I have attended. (And for various sporting events, I have bought 3X the price of tickets down to below face value from scalpers.) But sometimes, if it is something you really want to see, it can be worth paying much over marketprice and then scrimping a little later. ;)

You may also be able to try a ticket broker. Granted, you will have to pay over market value, but sometimes they can be not as outrageous as some scalpers.

Do they sell grounds passes on Ebay? (I know they have AA and LA tics for the USO and I got all of my tickets for the 2003 and 2004 TMC finals off of ebay.) Also- does the New York area have craigslist? You could check there.

Good luck. :)

kapranos
09-03-2006, 01:46 AM
If you're so desperate to go, just pay a scalper. ;) It's better than getting there at 5am and waste 6 hours in lines.

Yeu Tzuoo Wang
09-03-2006, 01:48 AM
Which junior?

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 01:49 AM
Granted, I have never been to the USO but I have gotten tics for numerous sporting events/concerts that have been sold out and maybe some could be applicable.

If the scalpers are having trouble selling, they may lower the price if the USO is anything like other sporting events that I have attended. (And for various sporting events, I have bought 3X the price of tickets down to below face value from scalpers.)

You may also be able to try a ticket broker. Granted, you will have to pay over market value, but sometimes they can be not as outrageous as some scalpers.

Do they sell grounds passes on Ebay? (I know they have AA and LA tics.) Also- does the New York area have craigslist? You could check there.

Good luck. :)
I checked ebay but nothing for tomorrow at a price I'm willing to pay. But thanks. :)

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 01:49 AM
If you're so desperate to go, just pay a scalper. ;) It's better than getting there at 5am and waste 6 hours in lines.

For Ashe or Armstrong that might be worth it. I just can't stomach paying hundreds of dollars for a grounds pass. :tape:

kapranos
09-03-2006, 01:52 AM
Well I'm guessing the price will be very high for AA (because of Agassi), but otherwise I don't think groundpasses will be THAT expensive. Well 100$ is expensive, but consider the kind of day you'll get (Hewitt vs Djokovic, Nadal, Federer, Mauresmo, Davenport, etc).

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 01:53 AM
Well I'm guessing the price will be very high for AA (because of Agassi), but otherwise I don't think groundpasses will be THAT expensive. Well 100$ is expensive, but consider the kind of day you'll get (Hewitt vs Djokovic, Nadal, Federer, Mauresmo, Davenport, etc).

It's the Nadal/Federer combination that is going to drive up the prices.

kapranos
09-03-2006, 01:55 AM
Anyway good luck. Just pretend your Lindsay Davenport and take the player entrance.

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 01:56 AM
How early do they open the gates for main draw? I've only ever gone to the qualifying and I'm trying to time the trains... :lol:

NicoFan
I think you'll be able to get grounds passes if you go early enough.

They list tomorrow as one of the day's we can exchange today's tickets for - so there has to be some grounds passes available in order to do that.

savesthedizzle
Anyway good luck. Just pretend your Lindsay Davenport and take the player entrance.

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 01:57 AM
I think you'll be able to get grounds passes if you go early enough.

They list tomorrow as one of the day's we can exchange today's tickets for - so there has to be some grounds passes available in order to do that.

That's the real problem I think. Everyone is exchanging their tickets for tomorrow... :tape:

How early would you recommend?

NicoFan
09-03-2006, 01:57 AM
The lines have been really really long for the box office.

They open the regular gates at 10, but I know the box office is open well before that. And there are always lots of people there when I get there around 9:30.

Pigpen Stinks
09-03-2006, 01:58 AM

Deb, they only sell tickets for Ashe and grounds passes. Armstrong and all other courts are first come, first see. Was great the year Andy won, cause I was able to get a great seat in Armstrong for Hewitt-Ferrero and Younnes-Nalby quarters on the final Friday.

savesthedizzle
The lines have been really really long for the box office.

They open the regular gates at 10, but I know the box office is open well before that. And there are always lots of people there when I get there around 9:30.

I was timing getting there around 8:30, should I go earlier do you think?

savesthedizzle
Deb, they only sell tickets for Ashe and grounds passes. Armstrong and all other courts are first come, first see. Was great the year Andy won, cause I was able to get a great seat in Armstrong for Hewitt-Ferrero and Younnes-Nalby quarters on the final Friday.

They sell tickets for Armstrong too, they're just crazy expensive because most of it is GA :p I mean the cheapest tickets for Armstrong are $95 and the others are $130... but from what I hear that is a very very small number of seats.

NicoFan
09-03-2006, 01:59 AM
I was timing getting there around 8:30, should I go earlier do you think?

I think that's good. :yeah: Even if the box office doesn't open until 9:00, you'll be at the front of the line.

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 02:00 AM
I think that's good. :yeah: Even if the box office doesn't open until 9:00, you'll be at the front of the line.

Yay, that means leaving my house at 6:30 am. :rolls: If I don't get in there is going to be one very tired and pissed off Jersey girl riding the trains back home. :lol:

Deboogle!.
09-03-2006, 02:18 AM
They sell tickets for Armstrong too, they're just crazy expensive because most of it is GA :p I mean the cheapest tickets for Armstrong are $95 and the others are $130... but from what I hear that is a very very small number of seats.I was gonna say, if they don't sell them, Ticketmaster is running a good scam :lol:

x Chu x
09-03-2006, 02:21 AM
I would recommend being there at 6AM if you want to try the box office. On wednesday at 2:15PM i had to wait over 90 minutes to exchange my tickets. I imagine a cancelled sold out saturday session will be much worse.

MY TIP FOR ENTERING:Most people enter at the East Gate off the broadwalk LIRR Subway entrance. You will see lines to enter are very long, 45+ minutes. However when I went I knew the place well enough to know that if you walk around to the main entrance the one infront of the big Globe, there is no wait at all.

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 02:28 AM
6 am is impossible. NJ Transit doesn't run trains into NYC that early. The earliest one leaves my station at 5:36... maybe I'll get on that one, then I still need to get on the subway.

x Chu x
09-03-2006, 02:29 AM
well good luck. your best bet would be scalpers. i wish i could go, well i guess i could but i don't like my chances of obtaining tickets :(

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 02:31 AM
How much do you think a scalper would charge for a grounds pass? I don't even want freaking Ashe. I couldn't care less about the Agassi match. :lol:

x Chu x
09-03-2006, 02:44 AM
no clue maybe $75 on the high side. More likely you will find people who are regular fans who just couldn't make that sesssion who will sell it to u at the regular price.

Wednesday while waiting on line to exchange my tickets, a lady comes and asks, "does anyone want these tickets" to a guy 4 people in front of me.

so with that said depending how late it is, some people leaving the grounds will give away their tickets which you can use to enter the grounds

JNY555
09-03-2006, 02:45 AM
Go onto craigslist.com and look for tickets there.

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 02:46 AM
no clue maybe $75 on the high side. More likely you will find people who are regular fans who just couldn't make that sesssion who will sell it to u at the regular price.

Wednesday while waiting on line to exchange my tickets, a lady comes and asks, "does anyone want these tickets" to a guy 4 people in front of me.

so with that said depending how late it is, some people leaving the grounds will give away their tickets which you can use to enter the grounds

If I'm getting there at around 7 am, I don't think I'm going to still be there long enough to wait for people leaving. :lol:

I'm hoping for some miracle to happen tomorrow of some nice normal person selling at a nice normal price.. but I'm not hoping for that too much :p

x Chu x
09-03-2006, 02:50 AM
o yeah i forgot thanks JNY555 criagslist http://newyork.craigslist.org/

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 02:52 AM
I looked on craigslist just now and there aren't many for tomorrow that aren't night session. Is getting tickets through there last minute reliable?

Clara Bow
09-03-2006, 02:54 AM
Since I am bored and antsy because my husband has stomach problems and we had to cancel tonight's plans I did a search on craigslist for you:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/cgi-bin/search?areaID=3&subAreaID=&query=us+open&catAbbreviation=sss

It looks like you can get two day grounds passes for Sunday for 180 (90 a pop) and two Saturday AA passes which it seems that you can trade in for $120 (60 a pop). If you get two and only need one, you could sell the remainder yourself.

There are some decent prices for the AA night session btw.

ETA - sorry, it looks like you already looked.

Personally, I tend to buy tickets for above market value if it isn't too crazy if I think I will enjoy the event enough. Last year for example, I paid 120 bucks for two Arcade Fire tickets that had a mv of $40 - and after the show, I did not mind a bit that I paid so much. And in 2004, I ended up paying quite a bit above mv for the TMC semis- and the Safin/Feds match was worth it. :)

x Chu x
09-03-2006, 02:56 AM
I still believe your best bet would to buy tickets from a scalper

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 02:58 AM
Since I am bored and antsy because my husband has stomach problems and we had to cancel tonight's plans I did a search on craigslist for you:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/cgi-bin/search?areaID=3&subAreaID=&query=us+open&catAbbreviation=sss

It looks like you can get two day grounds passes for Sunday for 180 (90 a pop) and two Saturday AA passes which it seems that you can trade in for $120 (60 a pop). If you get two and only need one, you could sell the remainder yourself.

There are some decent prices for the AA night session btw.

ETA - sorry, it looks like you already looked.

Personally, I tend to buy tickets for above market value if it isn't too crazy if I think I will enjoy the event enough. Last year for example, I paid 120 bucks for two Arcade Fire tickets that had a mv of $40 - and after the show, I did not mind a bit that I paid so much. :)

I do only need one. It's not so much that I'm not WILLING to pay above face value.. it's that I can't really afford to go too much higher.

savesthedizzle
I still believe your best bet would to buy tickets from a scalper

I'm starting to think so too.

x Chu x
http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/tix/202335259.html

guy selling 2 tix $50 face value even if you only needed one ticket
it wont be hard to find someone willing to buy one at the US Open grounds

JNY555
09-03-2006, 02:59 AM
Keep checking Craigslist, even first thing in the AM. Usually, it's just a matter of meeting the person to get the tickets

Clara Bow
09-03-2006, 03:02 AM
do only need one. It's not so much that I'm not WILLING to pay above face value.. it's that I can't really afford to go too much higher.

Maybe you can contact the person who is selling them on craigslist and see if you can work a deal where either you pay a lower price for two or just get one. When my husband and I were in a bind once a few years ago because we had to have emergency surgery for our dog- we were even able to negotiate paying half intitially and half one month later for Radiohead tickets.

Luckily, I don't think anyone would cuss you out our anything...so maybe give the bargining a try?

ETA- Good find on the $50 tickets Chu! It's a fun treasure hunt. :)

x Chu x
man i really want to see the Tati V. Petrova match tomorrow...i know it's not going to be on tv :( okay b.becker destroy agassi

Tennis Fool
I was thinking of going tomorrow (what a great schedule!), but even though it pains me a bit...trying to get there early and hassling to get tickets when the weather forecast says rain until noon...it just doesn't appeal to me.

I decided to get a grounds pass for Monday while they are still available as the others are not.

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 03:03 AM
http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/tix/202335259.html

guy selling 2 tix $50 face value even if you only needed one ticket
it wont be hard to find someone willing to buy one at the US Open grounds

I wish I had seen that earlier.. I'm too polite to call people at this hour. I'll just take my chances with scalpers I guess.

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 03:05 AM
I was thinking of going tomorrow (what a great schedule!), but even though it pains me a bit...trying to get there early and hassling to get tickets when the weather forecast says rain until noon...it just doesn't appeal to me.

I decided to get a grounds pass for Monday while they are still available as the others are not.

While it would suck waiting in the rain from 7 am until noon... the tennis that should follow *should* be worth it :D

(Yeah it's not that appealing to me either, but with tomorrow being my day off, what else can I do?)

I'm surprised there are still tickets for Labor Day. Of course I have to work on Labor Day. :rolleyes:

x Chu x
09-03-2006, 03:05 AM
I wish I had seen that earlier.. I'm too polite to call people at this hour. I'll just take my chances with scalpers I guess.

its not, these guys are desperate to get rid of these tickets. He posted them at 9:52PM anyway

Clara Bow
09-03-2006, 03:06 AM
its not, these guys are desperate to get rid of these tickets. He posted them at 9:52PM anyway

Exactly- just a few minutes ago. Call him, call him!

As someone who has posted stuff for sale on craigslist myself- it takes minutes for it to post up.

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 03:11 AM
I've never done this craigslist stuff before? I mean, I'm just worried that I agree to meet this dude and then something goes wrong with the hand off. That'd be a perk to just dealing with a scalper in person.

People don't get screwed over?

x Chu x
09-03-2006, 03:13 AM
I've never done this craigslist stuff before? I mean, I'm just worried that I agree to meet this dude and then something goes wrong with the hand off. That'd be a perk to just dealing with a scalper in person.

lol i see that you are nervous. I think the person wants to meet in midtown. I think that the worst thing that could happen is that you keep procrastining until someone else snatches these tickets. just be strong VAMOS! ~ Masha

Clara Bow
09-03-2006, 03:14 AM

I never have...but if you are worried about meeting someone, etc. - make sure you do it in a safe place. Also- I would hate it if you said yes and got screwed over on my testimony. I fyou are worried about getting screwed over, ask them if you can contact them if you are not allowed in with them.

I think most folks on craigslist are pretty honest.

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 03:14 AM
lol i see that you are nervous. I think the person wants to meet in midtown. I think that the worst thing that could happen is that you keep procrastining until someone else snatches these tickets. just be strong VAMOS! ~ Masha

I would just hate to say "Okay I'll meet you at 9:30 in midtown" and then have something go wrong and be pissed that I wasn't at the box office at 7.... you know what I mean?

I think I'd feel most comfortable attempting the official route to tickets first, and then seeing my other less appealing options later.

x Chu x
09-03-2006, 03:18 AM
I would just hate to say "Okay I'll meet you at 9:30 in midtown" and then have something go wrong and be pissed that I wasn't at the box office at 7.... you know what I mean?

I think I'd feel most comfortable attempting the official route to tickets first, and then seeing my other less appealing options later.

well you might as well call the guy and ask him questoins how he wants to arrange it. If you don't think you can make it, well then you know you at least tried, instead of kicking yourself tomorrow or later for having not tried at all

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 03:20 AM
I think no matter what route I go, I am going to be kicking myself.

Right now I am for not getting the grounds pass yesterday when they were still on ticketmaster. Stupid Ernesto scared me and I didn't get them.

Tennis Fool
09-03-2006, 03:24 AM
Hey, Saves, I completely understand your dilemma with working and the money situation. I wasn't able to afford to go for two years in a row.

This year is different. Hell, since I'm assured of Monday (the nicest day of the weekend), I might even show up tomorrow to see what's being scalped...

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 03:32 AM
Hey, Saves, I completely understand your dilemma with working and the money situation. I wasn't able to afford to go for two years in a row.

This year is different. Hell, since I'm assured of Monday (the nicest day of the weekend), I might even show up tomorrow to see what's being scalped...

If I had known Monday wasn't sold out I would have switched my schedule around!

Don't steal the good scalping deals, or else. :armed:

x Chu x
09-03-2006, 03:34 AM
hey save i have a surprise coming for you soon its not tickets but it will make you happy hopefully

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 03:35 AM
hey save i have a surprise coming for you soon its not tickets but it will make you happy hopefully

:rolls:

Erm.... :scratch: :scared: :unsure:

x Chu x
09-03-2006, 03:37 AM
Here's your man Novak Djokovic

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/8492/mg7667hqaj5.th.jpg (http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mg7667hqaj5.jpg) http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1216/mg7668hqgr5.th.jpg (http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mg7668hqgr5.jpg) http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/851/mg7671hqkd6.th.jpg (http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mg7671hqkd6.jpg) http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1810/mg7662hqml0.th.jpg (http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mg7662hqml0.jpg)

*I took them on thursday while waiting for my lovely Masha match. These are from the upper level above the Grandstand. Didn't even knew i had these. Lucky you :)

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 03:39 AM
You must have a FANTASTIC camera. What do you use? I'm shopping around for a better one and if those are from an upper level... they're awesome. :worship:

slyde2
09-03-2006, 03:43 AM
I think no matter what route I go, I am going to be kicking myself.

Right now I am for not getting the grounds pass yesterday when they were still on ticketmaster. Stupid Ernesto scared me and I didn't get them.

You're in the same boat I was in on Wednesday. I had no problem getting tickets in line on Monday, and after Tuesday's rain out, I knew Wednesday's schedule would be great. The threat of early rain made me just afraid enough to wait it out, and when I tried early Wed morning, I was dumb enough to forget that Ticketmaster would take those tickets offline a few hours before the event started.

I still said the hell with it, got on NJ Transit and spent the 90 minutes to get up to Shea, only to find a line that stretched from the box office to about five feet from the Mets dugout. A few people said that the line from the main entrance to the Open to the ticket gates then reached 2 1/2 hours, and the line was much much MUCH longer now. I gave up (having already gotten a good day in on Monday) and went into the city for a day in town instead.

The line was that long because of the Tuesday exchange, where all of those people and all of the Wednesday walk up crowd had to mix into one line. If all ticket lines are open, there are 17 tellers working. That includes will call.

I admire your thoughts of getting there early, but be forewarned. Since they have no better way of getting the exchanges taken care of, it could be another messy scene.

BTW, has anyone ever gone over on the 2nd Tuesday? They don't sell grounds tickets, but the cheapest Ashe ticket is only $46 which I bought, and I love doubles, which I should find plenty of on Armstrong and Grandstand (weather providing, of course). I know there will be a bunch of juniors action as well. Do they get at least some crowds to the outside courts for the juniors, or will I end up being the only person sitting next to someone's family?

I'd love any feedback/info anyone has from past experiences there on that day, and I do wish you luck, savestheday, on your adventure tomorrow.

x Chu x
09-03-2006, 03:45 AM
You must have a FANTASTIC camera. What do you use? I'm shopping around for a better one and if those are from an upper level... they're awesome. :worship:

it's not an upper level so much as the over hang, so basically you are right above the players almost.

http://www.bridgeandtunnelclub.com/bigmap/queens/fmcp/usopen/30grandstand.jpg
i was where those ppl are on the upper left, looking over the railing. theres a walkway that connects louis armstrong and grandstand together

as for my camera, i use a Canon 20D with a 70-200L lense

you can take pictures like this with it
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/6516/mg6672blf1.jpg
:worship: MASHA <3

slyde2
09-03-2006, 03:48 AM

Not a bad idea, Chu... I can get into the giving spirit as well.

Here's one from his first round match on Monday against Donald Young that I took. Enjoy.

http://img43.imagevenue.com/loc320/th_51633_djokovic_122_320lo.jpg (http://img43.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=51633_djokovic_122_320lo.jpg)

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 03:49 AM
You're in the same boat I was in on Wednesday. I had no problem getting tickets in line on Monday, and after Tuesday's rain out, I knew Wednesday's schedule would be great. The threat of early rain made me just afraid enough to wait it out, and when I tried early Wed morning, I was dumb enough to forget that Ticketmaster would take those tickets offline a few hours before the event started.

I still said the hell with it, got on NJ Transit and spent the 90 minutes to get up to Shea, only to find a line that stretched from the box office to about five feet from the Mets dugout. A few people said that the line from the main entrance to the Open to the ticket gates then reached 2 1/2 hours, and the line was much much MUCH longer now. I gave up (having already gotten a good day in on Monday) and went into the city for a day in town instead.

The line was that long because of the Tuesday exchange, where all of those people and all of the Wednesday walk up crowd had to mix into one line. If all ticket lines are open, there are 17 tellers working. That includes will call.

I admire your thoughts of getting there early, but be forewarned. Since they have no better way of getting the exchanges taken care of, it could be another messy scene.

BTW, has anyone ever gone over on the 2nd Tuesday? They don't sell grounds tickets, but the cheapest Ashe ticket is only $46 which I bought, and I love doubles, which I should find plenty of on Armstrong and Grandstand (weather providing, of course). I know there will be a bunch of juniors action as well. Do they get at least some crowds to the outside courts for the juniors, or will I end up being the only person sitting next to someone's family?

I'd love any feedback/info anyone has from past experiences there on that day, and I do wish you luck, savestheday, on your adventure tomorrow.

Thanks. It's about 90 minutes for me from here to Shea too when I combine my NJ transit and NYC subway rides. It's certainly going to be a pain, but all I can do is just hope for the best :D If I get in I'd probably watch a juniors match before Novak's but I don't know how big of a draw they are for normal people :p

I mean, I'm getting on the first train out of New Jersey at 5:36 tomorrow, so all I can do is just hope I'm one of the earlier people there and see what happens.

x Chu x
09-03-2006, 03:49 AM

No i'm sure there will be a lot of people. I was in the same situation as you were with tuesday cancelled session. I wanted on line starting at 2:25PM for over 90 minutes. When i finally get to the box office window there were no friday tickets (ashe or ground) and no ashe monday i believe or tuesday. I then stuck so settle my tues ashe tickets for thursday ground. But man did i luck out i got the best schedule of matches possible. I first say Kirilenko, then masha, then golovin, ivanovic, and a couple of other matches. O yeah i also so Donald Young in the grandstand watching. No one seemed to noticed him so i smiled at him and he smiled back lol.

what would you like to know more about the open?

*o yeah, i've never seen more people at the open than thursday!

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 03:50 AM
Anyone else have pictures of Novak at the Open since I probably won't get in? :rolls: Thanks guys :D

x Chu x
09-03-2006, 03:50 AM
save did you call the guy?

slyde2
09-03-2006, 03:53 AM
No i'm sure there will be a lot of people. I was in the same situation as you were with tuesday cancelled session. I wanted on line starting at 2:25PM for over 90 minutes. When i finally get to the box office window there were no friday tickets (ashe or ground) and no ashe monday i believe or tuesday. I then stuck so settle my tues ashe tickets for thursday ground. But man did i luck out i got the best schedule of matches possible. I first say Kirilenko, then masha, then golovin, ivanovic, and a couple of other matches. O yeah i also so Donald Young in the grandstand watching. No one seemed to noticed him so i smiled at him and he smiled back lol.

what would you like to know more about the open?

*o yeah, i've never seen more people at the open than thursday!

actually, I'm just trying to find out what sort of crowds to expect on the outer reaches of Tuesday this coming week. I picked up an Ashe ticket but don't really plan on spending any time there. I'm an outer court rat (always was, always will be). I've got no problem checking out a day's worth of juniors matches, but don't want to be alone out there with the player's families and friends looking sorta, um, outta place. Also wondering what kind of draw the doubles matches get on Grandstand with bigger matches happening in Ashe. If you've been there for the 2nd Tuesday, I'd love to hear anything you've got to add. First time for me on the 2nd week.

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 03:53 AM
save did you call the guy?

No... craigslist scares me. :lol:

x Chu x
09-03-2006, 03:54 AM
No... craigslist scares me. :lol:

:eek: but you seem so gregarious especially with your 39k+ posts here

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 03:56 AM
:eek: but you seem so gregarious especially with your 39k+ posts here

:lol:

I may be a tad talkative online, but I'm also paranoid sometimes....

x Chu x
09-03-2006, 03:59 AM
lol call that person, are you going alone to the us open or with another person?

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 04:00 AM
lol call that person, are you going alone to the us open or with another person?

Alone, thank goodness. I've been at tennis with other people this summer already and I just need to be alone for a day so I can enjoy it without having to explain who all the random players I want to watch are.

x Chu x
09-03-2006, 04:01 AM
another craiglisting
$50 meet up at USTA center 10:30AM

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/tix/202352119.html

x Chu x
09-03-2006, 04:02 AM
Alone, thank goodness. I've been at tennis with other people this summer already and I just need to be alone for a day so I can enjoy it without having to explain who all the random players I want to watch are.

lol i went alone, none of my friends shares the same passion i do for tennis, let alone women's tennis since i'm a guy. it's more fun when you are with ppl espeically when u cheer on a player or taunt them:)

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 04:02 AM
How do I reply to that one?

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 04:03 AM
lol i went alone, none of my friends shares the same passion i do for tennis, let alone women's tennis since i'm a guy. it's more fun when you are with ppl espeically when u cheer on a player or taunt them:)

Aww see I hate going with people because no one likes the same people I do. I mean, it is hard to find someone as excited as I am about Viktor Troicki. :p

x Chu x
09-03-2006, 04:03 AM
:haha: Reminds me of when I sold concert tickets to a woman on Craigslist and when she came to meet me at my place she'd brought her big, tall, muscular brother with her. She was a bit relieved/surprised to find out that I was a gay man living in a quiet suburban neighborhood. :tape:

But yeah, anyway, I'm thinking you may indeed have to pretend you're Lindsay Davenport. :o Just slouch a lot, they'll think it's her. ;)

hahah made me laugh

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 04:04 AM
:haha: Reminds me of when I sold concert tickets to a woman on Craigslist and when she came to meet me at my place she'd brought her big, tall, muscular brother with her. She was a bit relieved/surprised to find out that I was a gay man living in a quiet suburban neighborhood. :tape:

But yeah, anyway, I'm thinking you may indeed have to pretend you're Lindsay Davenport. :o Just slouch a lot, they'll think it's her. ;)

:rolls:

Nooo you were supposed to say something along the lines of, "Don't worry! I'm sure you'll get in!"

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 04:04 AM
That last craigslist one is so late... 10:30... it makes me uneasy.

x Chu x
09-03-2006, 04:06 AM
why does it make you uneasy the gates open at 10AM? lol just contact that person

x Chu x
09-03-2006, 04:08 AM
How do I reply to that one?

just click the link on that page

mailto:sale-202352119@craigslist.org?subject=US%20Open%20Sunda y%208/3%20Grounds%20Admission%20-%20$50%20(Midtown%20West)

savesthedizzle
why does it make you uneasy the gates open at 10AM? lol just contact that person

Because what if the person doesn't show up or I can't find them and I don't get my ticket and then I am screwed?! I'd rather meet them early enough to have other options.

savesthedizzle
:lol: Are there any big strong guys (e.g. :armed: ) you can rope into working out this Craigslist thing for you? :awww:

No :awww: Just wee little me.

x Chu x
09-03-2006, 04:09 AM
Because what if the person doesn't show up or I can't find them and I don't get my ticket and then I am screwed?! I'd rather meet them early enough to have other options.

okay go with the other person

*edited* nvm the guy deleted must have sold it :eek:

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 04:12 AM
Okay I am contacting that person... I'm scared. It's not like they can really attack me on the grounds at 10:30 right? Like.. there will be a lot of people there.

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 04:13 AM
okay go with the other person

*edited* nvm the guy deleted must have sold it :eek:

I contacted Mr. 10:30. Or Ms. 10:30.... *meep* :scared:

x Chu x
09-03-2006, 04:14 AM
great job im so proud of my little 'save'

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 04:16 AM
great job im so proud of my little 'save'

Awww :p

My name is Jessica, btw :p

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 04:16 AM
Good luck, hope he/she/it gets back to you. :awww:

I hope he/she/it doesn't screw me over! :awww:

x Chu x
09-03-2006, 04:18 AM
Awww :p

My name is Jessica, btw :p

Nick here...i wish i could go, i probably can since im only 10 miles east of the grounds but it sure does seem like a lot of hassel to get tickets and i would be able to see that matches on tv better hmmmm

x Chu x
09-03-2006, 04:19 AM
I hope he/she/it doesn't screw me over! :awww:

hahha 'IT' you know its probably one of the monsters that roam the city during the the early morning seeking young women. lol

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 04:19 AM
I just realized something.

Or rather, Mani did.

Um, the box office is closed on Sundays. So... is everyone who wants to exchange tickets also screwed like me?

alelysafina
09-03-2006, 04:23 AM

Or rather, Mani did.

Um, the box office is closed on Sundays. So... is everyone who wants to exchange tickets also screwed like me?

Well, lets just hope IT doesn't realize that and raise IT's price.

I've been lurking...

x Chu x
09-03-2006, 04:23 AM

Or rather, Mani did.

exchange tickets? you had tickets for what saturday? Im pretty sure it will be open. If you plan on exchanging your tickets i would recommend going during the late afternoon to do so.

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 04:24 AM
exchange tickets? you had tickets for what saturday? Im pretty sure it will be open. If you plan on exchanging your tickets i would recommend going during the late afternoon to do so.

Nooo I'm not exchanging. But I'm thinking since so many people want to do that, aren't they screwed too if the box office is closed on Sunday? It can't REALLY be closed, can it?

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 04:25 AM
hahha 'IT' you know its probably one of the monsters that roam the city during the the early morning seeking young women. lol

DON'T TELL ME THAT! :rolls:

Deboogle!.
09-03-2006, 04:26 AM
My guess is that is their regular hours for the rest of the year and that the BO is open DURING the tournament.

I've never heard of any kind of event that closes the box office during said event.

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 04:26 AM
My guess is that is their regular hours for the rest of the year and that the BO is open DURING the tournament.

I've never heard of any kind of event that closes the box office during said event.

That's what I figured, Mani just freaked me out :D

We're both freaking out... :lol:

x Chu x
09-03-2006, 04:29 AM
lol im joking
but he probably looks like this

http://www.theboxset.com/images/reviewcaptures/784capture_monstersinc04.jpg
http://www.animated-news.com/archives/0489LW.jpg

Deboogle!.
09-03-2006, 04:31 AM
I'm trying to calm Mani down too :rolls:

x Chu x
09-03-2006, 04:33 AM

whose mani

Deboogle!.
09-03-2006, 04:36 AM
whose maniAnother MTF poster who is trying to go tomorrow. :)

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 04:39 AM
Hey Nick,

:singer: Did you ever know that you're my heroooooooooooooooooo?

MISS 10:30 just called me :p The ticket is MINE for $50 :D :D :D :D a) I am glad it is a woman, b) We are meeting at Penn Station so, that is nice for me :D

If this goes smoothly I am going to be the happiest person ever tomorrow :D

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 04:41 AM
Thank you all, for all your help :D

x Chu x
09-03-2006, 04:44 AM
Hey Nick,

:singer: Did you ever know that you're my heroooooooooooooooooo?

MISS 10:30 just called me :p The ticket is MINE for $50 :D :D :D :D a) I am glad it is a woman, b) We are meeting at Penn Station so, that is nice for me :D

If this goes smoothly I am going to be the happiest person ever tomorrow :D

hahah glad i could help. i hope you have fun tomorrow...if you by any chance snap a picture of tatiana golovin for me thanks.

don't forget my tip...enter at the south plaza gate (the big globe entrance) there is no wait at all. When you come off the LIRR, you can just walk down the path and all around the people taking a right following the outside around the grounds until you get to that entrance. it's about a about a 1/4 mile walk maybe more.

maps here just follow the path around the grounds here
http://www.usopen.org/images/misc/uo_largevenuemap.jpg

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 04:44 AM
hahah glad i could help. i hope you have fun tomorrow...if you by any chance snap a picture of tatiana golovin for me thanks.

don't forget my tip...enter at the south plaza gate (the big globe entrance) there is no wait at all. When you come off the LIRR, you can just walk down the path and all around the people taking a right following the outside around the grounds until you get to that entrance. it's about a about a 1/4 mile walk maybe more.

maps here just follow the path around the grounds here
http://www.usopen.org/images/misc/uo_largevenuemap.jpg

I've never taken the LIRR, I usually take the subway, but perhaps tomorrow I'll try something new, lol.

x Chu x
09-03-2006, 04:46 AM
I've never taken the LIRR, I usually take the subway, but perhaps tomorrow I'll try something new, lol.

o i just assumed you were since you were meeting at Penn station

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 04:47 AM
o i just assumed you were since you were meeting at Penn station

I usually only go in for qualifying and I believe the LIRR doesn't usually go out there except for during the main draw.

This will be my first time at main draw USO :D

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 04:51 AM
Good to hear it's worked out! :D Have fun tomorrow.

well it hasn't worked out yet, this woman could kill me, give me a fake ticket or many other awful scenarios... although she sounded honest on the phone.

x Chu x
09-03-2006, 04:52 AM
I usually only go in for qualifying and I believe the LIRR doesn't usually go out there except for during the main draw.

This will be my first time at main draw USO :D

yeah you're right it doesn't go there, only for the main draw or a Mets game

lol i made this map for you to follow (just follow the red line. the black line is how long the line will be if not longer to get in)
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/4590/uolargevenuemapsj6.jpg

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 04:53 AM
Sounds like a plan, and then I'd have to walk past the coffee booth on my way to the grandstand, so that is perfect :p

x Chu x
09-03-2006, 05:02 AM
Your Welcome. I hope everything goes well for tomorrow. Good Luck & have fun.

Udachi Machi!
Bonne Chance Tati!

:D

dkw
09-03-2006, 07:35 AM
I'm going out to watch the Safin Nalbandian match which I've been trying to see since Friday but screw getting up early... if the ground passes are all sold I'll just have to shell out the cash for the courtside seats in Louis. But whatever... at least I'll get to see my two faves up close.

andyroxmysox12191
09-03-2006, 11:58 AM
That's what I figured, Mani just freaked me out :D

We're both freaking out... :lol:

I'm still freaking out! Blah I'd rather leave right now than an hour from now. There better not be traffic going there :fiery:

Thanks Deb :sobbing:

whose mani
Hola :wavey:

savesthedizzle
09-03-2006, 12:02 PM
I'm still freaking out! Blah I'd rather leave right now than an hour from now. There better not be traffic going there :fiery:

Thanks Deb :sobbing:

Hola :wavey:

I'm leaving in about 15 minutes so I can quickly stop at the bank and get Starbucks before heading to New Brunswick. :lol:

Shall I drive through the streets yelling MANIS BROTHER! WAKE UP AND LEAVE NOW! :lol:

andyroxmysox12191
09-03-2006, 01:14 PM
YES! Please do :lol:

edit: aw man you already left :lol: Why haven't I left already...oh wait right my parents don't know that I'd like to leave on time for once :rolleyes:

onewoman74
09-03-2006, 03:21 PM
anyone knows who'll be on schedule for tomorrow? I want to buy tickets for labor day

ezekiel
09-03-2006, 03:29 PM
anyone knows who'll be on schedule for tomorrow? I want to buy tickets for labor day

tomorrow will be all 4th round matches but nalbandian or safin will only play a 3rd round

onewoman74
09-03-2006, 03:34 PM
tomorrow will be all 4th round matches but nalbandian or safin will only play a 3rd round

Thanks!!

savesthedizzle
09-04-2006, 03:27 AM
Thanks to everyone who helped in this thread, it went smoothly, the ticket was legit and I had a lovely day of tennis.

Except for the outcomes.

NicoFan
09-04-2006, 03:33 AM
So happy for you that you got in. :yeah:

I thought of you when I got there and saw that the day was truly sold out. I felt really bad.

And then I thought of you again when your man played.

Sorry he lost. :hug:

scoobs
09-04-2006, 03:35 AM

I thought of you when I got there and saw that the day was truly sold out. I felt really bad.

It was totally sold out?

Wow - that's impressive.

savesthedizzle
09-04-2006, 03:35 AM

Were you in there at all during his match?

I was unfortunate to be seated RIGHT NEXT to the stupid Aussies singing for Hewitt. Every time after they were done I let a "C'mon NOVAK!" rip but... *sigh*

After that match I got a supersized beer and came back for Murray. :rolls:

savesthedizzle
09-04-2006, 03:36 AM
It was totally sold out?

Wow - that's impressive.

I think it had to do with them honoring yesterday's tickets, but yeah, even grounds passes are all gone, there was nothing.

Tennis Fool
09-04-2006, 03:38 AM
I think it had to do with them honoring yesterday's tickets, but yeah, even grounds passes are all gone, there was nothing.
You got the ticket from the Craisglist guy? Also were there any scalpers/people trying to sell their tix?

savesthedizzle
09-04-2006, 03:42 AM
You got the ticket from the Craisglist guy? Also were there any scalpers/people trying to sell their tix?

Yeah the Craigslist person met me by the LIRR tracks in Penn Station, we did the exchange and all was good.

She told me I got the ticket for being the only normal person to contact her. :lol: Other people were like "I'll give you 40 and I'll drive you out there." and she was like "Erm... why would I knock 10 dollars off to get in a car with a complete stranger?" My message to her on the other hand was sincere and basically "I NEED TO GET INTO THE GRANDSTAND" so she decided I won :p

Now I kinda wish I wasn't in the grandstand to have seen that massacre, but oh well.

I didn't see any scalpers, but I mean, I didn't have time to take note, I got off the LIRR and was practically in line right there, but then I walked around to the other entrance to get in faster.

x Chu x
09-04-2006, 03:42 AM
blah i need tickets for tomorrow

NicoFan
09-04-2006, 03:43 AM
Were you in there at all during his match?

I was unfortunate to be seated RIGHT NEXT to the stupid Aussies singing for Hewitt. Every time after they were done I let a "C'mon NOVAK!" rip but... *sigh*

After that match I got a supersized beer and came back for Murray. :rolls:

Oh no for sitting next to the Aussies. :sad: I've been stuck near them before - its annoying as hell.

I wasn't in there - I was afraid to leave Armstrong because I had a hard time getting in there for the Nalby/Safin match. I had to watch Fernando's match over the railing in Armstrong looking down onto the Grandstand because I wanted to see both his match and Rafa's match.

x Chu x
09-04-2006, 03:43 AM
Yeah the Craigslist person met me by the LIRR tracks in Penn Station, we did the exchange and all was good.

She told me I got the ticket for being the only normal person to contact her. :lol: Other people were like "I'll give you 40 and I'll drive you out there." and she was like "Erm... why would I knock 10 dollars off to get in a car with a complete stranger?" My message to her on the other hand was sincere and basically "I NEED TO GET INTO THE GRANDSTAND" so she decided I won :p

Now I kinda wish I wasn't in the grandstand to have seen that massacre, but oh well.

I didn't see any scalpers, but I mean, I didn't have time to take note, I got off the LIRR and was practically in line right there, but then I walked around to the other entrance to get in faster.

hahah awesome it was faster wasn't it

savesthedizzle
09-04-2006, 03:44 AM
blah i need tickets for tomorrow

Take your own advice and search Craigslist :p

x Chu x
09-04-2006, 03:45 AM
Take your own advice and search Craigslist :p

lol im trying right now...I need to see Masha and Tati and Kirilenko

Tennis Fool
09-04-2006, 03:45 AM
Oh no for sitting next to the Aussies. :sad: I've been stuck near them before - its annoying as hell.

I wasn't in there - I was afraid to leave Armstrong because I had a hard time getting in there for the Nalby/Safin match. I had to watch Fernando's match over the railing in Armstrong looking down onto the Grandstand because I wanted to see both his match and Rafa's match.
Hey, just curious. Did you buy your tickets in advance for today?

savesthedizzle
09-04-2006, 03:46 AM

Yeah, well, I wanted to get a pina colada when I got my supersized beer but that was in the Armstrong part of the food places in there and since Armstrong was full they wouldn't let me over there for my drink. :lol:

I just wished I had a group of 20 people to sing songs for Nole with me. I was alone. After the first set no one really stayed in there so I was sitting in a fairly low row waving my flag with absolutely NO ONE sitting near me. And every time they sang I was like "GRRRRR" :lol:

savesthedizzle
09-04-2006, 03:48 AM

I took some pics of Golovin for you but I'm too lazy to dl them tonight :p

x Chu x
09-04-2006, 03:49 AM
I took some pics of Golovin for you but I'm too lazy to dl them tonight :p

all right thanks take your time...I know that you wish you looked like her lol :p

savesthedizzle
09-04-2006, 03:50 AM
all right thanks take your time...I know that you wish you looked like her lol :p

Are you stalking me in other threads? :eek: :lol:

savesthedizzle
09-04-2006, 03:51 AM
:lol: Glad you got in okay, sorry Nole lost. :hug:

It's alright. I'll live. At least I got to see him play crap live and didn't have to worry it was some other issue. It was just him being crap today. :lol:

NicoFan
09-04-2006, 03:52 AM
Tennis Fool - I always buy my tickets for the first week when they go on sale for USTA members. So I've had them since April.

Jess - Oh I'm so sorry you were alone. I would have sat with you and cheered Nole on for a few games if I could have left Armstrong! :lol: I thought I was going to be running from AA, Armstrong and the Grandstand to see all the matches - but because it was so full, I had to miss most of the AA matches, watch the Grandstand matches over the railing which is a pain to stand all that time, and watch the Armstrong matches in between.

Did you see the line for the night matches when you left? I think I left around 6:30 maybe 7:00 - and the line was all the way across the boardwalk and into the subway station. :eek: I have never seen it that long. I'm not sure what I would have done if I got off the subway and saw that. Johnny Mac mentioned it on TV. Really bad of the USTA to make the people wait like that. Totally ridiculous.

Tennis Fool
09-04-2006, 03:52 AM
Why didn't you buy yesterday when we were discussing this topic? I bought mine easily on Ticketmaster :shrug:

x Chu x
09-04-2006, 03:53 AM
Are you stalking me in other threads? :eek: :lol:

ahh you caught me, nah im just kidding i was looking for golovin.

ahhh I'm trying to find a good deal for tickets tomorrow while also giving away my autograph andy roddick tennis ball

x Chu x
09-04-2006, 03:53 AM
Why didn't you buy yesterday when we were discussing this topic? I bought mine easily on Ticketmaster :shrug:

:( haha i didn't know that they would be playing...

Tennis Fool
09-04-2006, 03:54 AM
Tennis Fool - I always buy my tickets for the first week when they go on sale for USTA members. So I've had them since April.

Question then, did you buy for the rained out days also? If so, what happens with those tickets?

savesthedizzle
09-04-2006, 03:54 AM

That's what I would have done if I could go tomorrow :D

x Chu x
09-04-2006, 03:56 AM
That's what I would have done if I could go tomorrow :D

how much did you pay for today's tickets if you don't mind me asking?

savesthedizzle

Jess - Oh I'm so sorry you were alone. I would have sat with you and cheered Nole on for a few games if I could have left Armstrong! :lol: I thought I was going to be running from AA, Armstrong and the Grandstand to see all the matches - but because it was so full, I had to miss most of the AA matches, watch the Grandstand matches over the railing which is a pain to stand all that time, and watch the Armstrong matches in between.

Did you see the line for the night matches when you left? I think I left around 6:30 maybe 7:00 - and the line was all the way across the boardwalk and into the subway station. :eek: I have never seen it that long. I'm not sure what I would have done if I got off the subway and saw that. Johnny Mac mentioned it on TV. Really bad of the USTA to make the people wait like that. Totally ridiculous.

Yeah it was NUTS. The line for the night matches is actually WHY I left. It was too crowded. I was trying to stick around for Ana's doubles but during her singles it just got to be too much for me to handle and I had to shove my way through crowds all the way up to the LIRR. It was insanity.

NicoFan
Question then, did you buy for the rained out days also? If so, what happens with those tickets?

I did have tickets for the 2 rained out days.

I'm going to send them into the USTA and have them exchange them for next year - they said we have I think 30 days from the end of the tournament to send them in.

I can't go next week so I can't exchange them for this year. Need to go back to work. :sad:

savesthedizzle
how much did you pay for today's tickets if you don't mind me asking?

I paid her $50.

I would have paid more if I had gotten them on ticketmaster :p

NicoFan
09-04-2006, 03:58 AM
Yeah it was NUTS. The line for the night matches is actually WHY I left. It was too crowded. I was trying to stick around for Ana's doubles but during her singles it just got to be too much for me to handle and I had to shove my way through crowds all the way up to the LIRR. It was insanity.

That's why I left too! I was going to stick around for Fernando's doubles match but I was tooo tired of fighting my way through the crowd on the grounds. And just like you, I had to fight my way through the crowds on the boardwalk just to get to the subway. Totally not cool of the USTA.

x Chu x
09-04-2006, 03:58 AM
I paid her $50.

ahh lucky, im trying to get someone to sell it to me for $50 plus Andy Roddick autographed tennis ball

savesthedizzle
09-04-2006, 04:02 AM
That's why I left too! I was going to stick around for Fernando's doubles match but I was tooo tired of fighting my way through the crowd on the grounds. And just like you, I had to fight my way through the crowds on the boardwalk just to get to the subway. Totally not cool of the USTA.

I knew it was trouble when I was attempting to sit by the fountain just to watch Ana on the screen and security people were telling me where I could and could not walk. :tape:

Tennis Fool
09-04-2006, 04:03 AM
I paid her $50.

I'm surprised you didn't stick around for Feds match...although you did have a full day there...I think I would have camped out.

Great schedule for tomorrow, although disappointed that Hewitt/Gasquet is in AA...maybe I can sneak in :D

x Chu x
09-04-2006, 04:04 AM
Ahhhh yes I got a grounds ticket for tomorrow! $50 plus a roddick tennis ball

savesthedizzle
09-04-2006, 04:07 AM
I'm surprised you didn't stick around for Feds match...although you did have a full day there...I think I would have camped out.

Great schedule for tomorrow, although disappointed that Hewitt/Gasquet is in AA...maybe I can sneak in :D

The Armstrong session was only for people who got rained out yesterday in Ashe, I believe. So there was no general admission for that match.

I wouldn't have stayed for the smackdown anyway :p

It takes me too long to get home from all this nonsense to stay late. Luckily I somehow timed the trains perfectly and got on an express train on NJ Transit (score!)

savesthedizzle
09-04-2006, 04:09 AM
Ahhhh yes I got a grounds ticket for tomorrow! $50 plus a roddick tennis ball

Awesome :D

x Chu x
09-04-2006, 04:11 AM
Awesome :D

you want pictures of any particular player, or does anyone else?

savesthedizzle
09-04-2006, 04:13 AM
you want pictures of any particular player, or does anyone else?

Ummm is anyone I like still playing? I don't think so.... nope... I'm good. :lol:

Tennis Fool
09-04-2006, 04:17 AM
Ummm is anyone I like still playing? I don't think so.... nope... I'm good. :lol:
:hug: Hope you enjoyed the day anyway. No rain as was expected.

savesthedizzle
09-04-2006, 04:18 AM
:hug: Hope you enjoyed the day anyway. No rain as was expected.

Yeah it was a lovely day :p

I exaggerated a bit in my previous post, there are plenty of players I like still playing, they're just not exactly eye candy that I need pictures of :)

x Chu x
09-04-2006, 04:18 AM

well ill get you Tati pictures for you ;)

savesthedizzle
09-04-2006, 04:22 AM
well ill get you Tati pictures for you ;)

Oh yes, my new girl crush of the day. Thanks ;)

As if you wouldn't be getting them for yourself anyway.

I really wish I could have stayed for the doubles because Ivanovic/Kirilenko is really enough to make me start doubting my sexuality. :lol: :hearts:

x Chu x
09-04-2006, 04:25 AM
Oh yes, my new girl crush of the day. Thanks ;)

As if you wouldn't be getting them for yourself anyway.

I really wish I could have stayed for the doubles because Ivanovic/Kirilenko is really enough to make me start doubting my sexuality. :lol: :hearts:

:bounce: :clap2: :bounce:
Hahahah that's 'hot' well that's one match i won't miss tomorrow, unless masha is playing of course