no tennis til sunday [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

no tennis til sunday

croat123
09-01-2006, 11:39 PM
forcast has a 90-100% chance of rain tomorrow until about 6pm and after that it's still around 60%
sunday will see some play, but there is a chance of rain again throughout the day
:sad:

get ready to watch a bald guy and the worst crowd in tennis all weekend :o

ShimSham
09-01-2006, 11:41 PM
Well the tennis has already stoped because of the rain, so I wouldn't be surprised if the forcast prediction comes true. :(

ASP0315
09-01-2006, 11:48 PM
Stupid rains always come on weekends. :mad: . I hope to see the night sessions atleast. And CBS will show Agassi's matches tommorow :rolleyes: . I already watched 1st match 3 times. I'm hoping CBS shows some classic matches from the past rather than current matches.

scoobs
09-01-2006, 11:51 PM
Play is starting to resume right now on some courts so I assume there's a drying up operation going on on the rest - I hope we can get through tonight's programme.

Sharad1982
09-01-2006, 11:53 PM
scoobs, i really hope so, i'd love to see some live action
or it's back to the simpsons season 17th

NicoFan
09-01-2006, 11:54 PM
I was just out (live in NYC) - and it was just a couple sprinkles. Hopefully they will get play going.

But tomorrow will be a complete washout.

All day today it was very cloudy, windy, and cold. :sad:

case
09-01-2006, 11:58 PM
forcast has a 90-100% chance of rain tomorrow until about 6pm and after that it's still around 60%
sunday will see some play, but there is a chance of rain again throughout the day
:sad:

get ready to watch a bald guy and the worst crowd in tennis all weekend :o

:haha: NO!!NO!!! I'm doomed!
(i was hoping for safin-he might have cut his hair but he still isn't the baldy yet)

willrock
09-01-2006, 11:58 PM
Great I'm at a wedding tomorrow and therefore if it rains, I won't miss any tennis action :yippee:
(i know i might be the only one tomorrow who'll be glad that the weather sucks... :lol: )

Yappa
09-02-2006, 12:33 AM
Great I'm at a wedding tomorrow and therefore if it rains, I won't miss any tennis action :yippee:
(i know i might be the only one tomorrow who'll be glad that the weather sucks... :lol: )

:lol: You know your priorities! :yeah:

scoobs
09-02-2006, 12:37 AM
rain seems to have set in again...

who knows if there'll be play, or when.

ASP0315
09-02-2006, 12:39 AM
No play today. I'm glad that Safin-Nalby's match is postponed because this match would have gone upto 1am or 2am at midnight

LaTenista
09-02-2006, 12:40 AM
I was just out (live in NYC) - and it was just a couple sprinkles. Hopefully they will get play going.

But tomorrow will be a complete washout.

All day today it was very cloudy, windy, and cold. :sad:

Same weather here in Ohio :( It's like autumn has already arrived. *sigh*

avocadoe
09-02-2006, 12:43 AM
boohoo, sob...no tennis for a while, i guess

onewoman74
09-02-2006, 12:47 AM
I went to the day session today and it was quite chilly. By the time I got back into Manhattan it had begun to drizzle.

neenah
09-02-2006, 12:59 AM
I live in the area and it's supposed to pour tomorrow. Starting tonight. Seems the day I went to the Open (yesterday) was one of the few nice days, it was actually a little cold :eek: The past years I've gone it's been so hot!

tripb19
09-02-2006, 01:34 AM
Wimbledon > US Open weather wise. It didn't use to be, but US Open has become terrible. I have to get up at 1am to watch in my timezone, and when I do, it's raining. And when I can finally watch a dream matchup at a good time (Safin Nalby) it rains.!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jaffas85
09-02-2006, 02:46 AM
Wimbledon > US Open weather wise. It didn't use to be, but US Open has become terrible. I have to get up at 1am to watch in my timezone, and when I do, it's raining. And when I can finally watch a dream matchup at a good time (Safin Nalby) it rains.!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly!

I also live in Australia so I got up at 9:30am to watch Davenport's match and more importantly the Safin-Nalbandian match but of course it was raining and a Vaidisova replay was being shown instead.

So I went for a walk and while outside couldn't get over how dry and humid it is here and has been for quite a while throughout winter here, in Melbourne, yet New York is getting ridiculously bad weather.

I really hope that tomorrow is a full day and all the matches can be played cause I just checked the new scheduale and the Serena-Ivanovic and Nadal matches are being shown as the night sessions *so 9:30am tomorrow morning for me* so hopefully the weather clears up somewhat.

What are the most accurate and recent projections for how the weather is meant to be in New York over the next couple of days?

Thanks.

Deboogle!.
09-02-2006, 02:48 AM
What are the most accurate and recent projections for how the weather is meant to be in New York over the next couple of days?

Thanks.Tropical Storm (or maybe it's just a depression by now, but regardless, lots of wind and heavy rain) Ernesto is over the area, so tomorrow will most likely be a washout.

Regenbogen
09-02-2006, 03:49 AM
Dang I'm probably going to be gone Sunday...I'll miss EVERYTHING :mad:

ys
09-02-2006, 03:55 AM
there will be a lot of tennis tomorrow. You'll see. The night session will be a super-bargain.

neenah
09-02-2006, 04:17 AM
There have been unusual amounts of rain lately, bad timing :sad:

Look at this:

http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atlstorm5/northeastradar2100mile_large.html?from=wxcenter_ma ps

neenah
09-02-2006, 04:18 AM
And this:

http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/USNY0996?from=hrly_topnav_undeclared

_pyromatic
09-02-2006, 04:26 AM
Ernesto lasted over a day here and even though it must've weakened some it'll still probably be there all day tomorrow. It's still really windy now so conditions will really suck too. Ugh. I hate hurricane season :(

Whistleway
09-02-2006, 04:33 AM
Yup, it's gonna bewashed out.
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=10004&hourly=1&yday=244&weekday=Saturday

Leonandy
09-02-2006, 04:40 AM
i'll go back to school soon,and no more matches during daytime then...and tomorrow will be ruined by the damned rain... :mad: :mad: :mad:

scoobs
09-02-2006, 09:51 AM
Oh terrific.

Well keep us updated guys through out the day if you're in the NYC area if things look like they might improve.

GugaRocksMySocks
09-02-2006, 09:56 AM
i'll go back to school soon,and no more matches during daytime then...and tomorrow will be ruined by the damned rain... :mad: :mad: :mad:

same as - i'm not happy!!! stay up watching spadea-bjorkman only for safin-nalby to be rained off. GRR

njorker
09-02-2006, 10:37 AM
Well, I'm feeling quite the opposite of what you're feeling right now guys! I'm actually quite happy that Safin-Nalby match was postponed bcoz I was in the office today and I was expecting not to see it at all. But now, I have the chance to see it, yipee! :bounce: Although, I know I'm rejoicing for selfish reasons....so, forgive me guys! :)

Jaffas85
09-02-2006, 11:50 AM
According to a world weather website it says that the current weather in New York is just "windy and cloudy" so hopefully there will be little to no rain.

Source: http://www.weather.com/weather/local/USNY0996?lswe=new+york&lswa=WeatherLocalUndeclared

~EMiLiTA~
09-02-2006, 11:51 AM
i saw forecasts for this weekend on yahoo yesterday and i was hoping they were wrong, but looks like they were right :(

it's so annoying for everyone - fans, players, organisers..

hope they can catch all the matches up quickly when they do eventually start playing again

what's the forecast for next week?

ezekiel
09-02-2006, 12:10 PM
I think it's a matter of timing. This time of year , end of summer is a time of caribbean hurricanes and many of them stray far north to the NY area. Let's remember last year hurricane Katrina was on while the play was on

IDJ49
09-02-2006, 12:48 PM
Last year there was only 1 delay due to rain and it was only about an hour for the Day 3 night session. They have changed their forecast for today somewhat. Not as much rain is being expected for today so they may be able to fit in some matches. It's really, really windy outside though and pretty cool for early September.

NicoFan
09-02-2006, 12:51 PM
The problem is that it keeps raining off and on - not a heavy rain but just enough that they wouldn't be able to play. Who knows. When (if) I see that they start playing on AA, I'll go there. Because it is really really windy and cold. And I'm not sitting in the wind and cold if its just going to be delayed for hour after hour. There's not much shelter there.