Round 2 : Murray def Di Mauro 6-0 6-1 6-1!!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Round 2 : Murray def Di Mauro 6-0 6-1 6-1!!!

adee-gee
09-01-2006, 08:18 PM
:haha:

That was probably one of the worst displays I've ever witnessed. Murray didn't even play that well, he looked totally bored in the 2nd set. Probably should've been a triple bagel :lol:

The question has to be asked, how on earth did Melzer lose to this guy? :scratch:

Now down to the serious business against Gonzo :rocker2:

vincayou
09-01-2006, 08:26 PM
One of the most one sided match I have witnessed at this level.

Di Mauro was BAD.
Murray will be dangerous.

Trivial
That match was pathetically easy for Andy.. Di Mauro never put any pressure on Murray, a lack of penetrating groundstrokes and a claycourter mindset both contributed to this awful display.

LLeytonRules
10 winners in 3 sets for Di Mauro :haha: :haha: :o

Regenbogen
09-01-2006, 08:27 PM
Wtf at that match...I didn't see all of it but what I saw was pretty bad

Byrd
09-01-2006, 08:27 PM
Gonzo Vs Murray, gonna be a cracking match.

scoobs
09-01-2006, 08:31 PM
If you didn't know what Murray's strategy was, you'd think that was a poor match from Murray.

The strategy, though, was NOT to give Di Mauro pace. Di Mauro is not a pace generator, but he can feed off the pace he is given by the opponent. So Murray deliberately kept the pace off and it had Alessio in ALL sorts of problems.

Murray had a few wobbly moments, but very few, considering he looked as bored as I was with the match. He just wanted to get it done and he did - it wasn't a match that the spectators will walk away from shaking their head in amazement. It was a dull match to watch, but he got the job done in very quick time for the loss of just two games.

NYCtennisfan
09-01-2006, 08:35 PM
Gonzo vs. Murray....nice.

MurrayFan1
09-01-2006, 08:38 PM
Di Muaro probably looked at the draw and thought..."bollocks." Haha.

GO MURRAY!

God, this guy is really coming into his own right.

Halba
09-01-2006, 09:45 PM
murray did awesome here. conserved his energy for the later rounds. Unfortunately blake and fed are in his side

ufokart
09-01-2006, 09:48 PM
Di Mauro, what the hell was that?:o

BaselineSmash
09-01-2006, 09:56 PM
This match-up looked terrible on paper, and so it proved. And it was surely one of the quickest best-of-five matches ever?

The upside is that Gonzalez v. Murray should prove entertaining, especially given that they've saved their energy well and will be able to do their utomost in an effort to reach the fourth round.

marcelwks
09-01-2006, 10:15 PM
Melzer :haha: :haha: :haha:
But in Austria betting is popular ;)

Murray vs Gonzo :eek:
hope Feńa will win like in Basel :)

Chris Seahorse
09-01-2006, 10:29 PM
The question has to be asked, how on earth did Melzer lose to this guy? :scratch:

That's what I was thinking. Jurgen Melzer certainly must take the prize for most embarrassing loss at this year's US Open. I can't help thinking it's all related to his rumoured relationship with Myskina. If this is the case it is rather hard to feel sorry for Jurgen.

As for the Murray match, Andy could probably have done with a slightly tougher opponent. I doubt playing Di Mauro would have helped prepare him for his next match against Gonzalez anymore that if he had a hit with one of the over 45s. Actually alot of them would probably have played somewhat better.

Chris Seahorse
09-01-2006, 10:34 PM
Di Muaro probably looked at the draw and thought..."bollocks." Haha.

Considering Di Mauro's hardcourt skills whatever name he saw come up he would probably have thought "bollocks". He might have won a few more games against Vicente. But really no player in the top 100 should lose to this guy on a hardcourt.

stebs
09-01-2006, 10:36 PM
Maybe the worst slam performance of the year?

adee-gee
09-02-2006, 12:06 AM
If you didn't know what Murray's strategy was, you'd think that was a poor match from Murray.

The strategy, though, was NOT to give Di Mauro pace. Di Mauro is not a pace generator, but he can feed off the pace he is given by the opponent. So Murray deliberately kept the pace off and it had Alessio in ALL sorts of problems.

Murray had a few wobbly moments, but very few, considering he looked as bored as I was with the match. He just wanted to get it done and he did - it wasn't a match that the spectators will walk away from shaking their head in amazement. It was a dull match to watch, but he got the job done in very quick time for the loss of just two games.
Fair point, Di Mauro had absolutely nothing to hurt him and Murray knocking balls to a decent length was more than good enough. He still made a few too many silly errors and he lost total concentration at points in the 2nd and 3rd sets. Truly amazing that he won 0, 1 and 1, just shows how dreadful the display from Di Mauro. What was even more amazing was that he didn't seem to get frustrated at any point :lol: if I was playing like that my racquet would've lasted about 3 points :o

adee-gee
09-02-2006, 12:06 AM
Maybe the worst slam performance of the year?
Ever? :haha:

musefanatic
09-02-2006, 12:10 AM
Well done Andy! Didn't need to try to hard, i felt so embarrassed for the guy! It was painful to watch, although i did fall asleep in the middle of the third set!

scoobs
09-02-2006, 12:11 AM
It was a dreadful match from Di Mauro.

I can only assume in the first round that Melzer played with both arms tied behind his back and the racquet jammed in between his teeth.

adee-gee
09-02-2006, 12:21 AM
It was a dreadful match from Di Mauro.

I can only assume in the first round that Melzer played with both arms tied behind his back and the racquet jammed in between his teeth.
I would've still expected him to win :p

NATAS81
09-02-2006, 04:10 AM
This was Murray speaking during the rain delayed Day 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoQsSALwXh8

I liked what he had to say. He's soft spoken so you don't realize just how smart this kid is, but listen closely and you will see he has a great understanding of the game and knows his way around court. That attitude blending together with Gilbert's focus is sparking some serious results for Britain's No. 1.

ChinoRios4Ever
09-02-2006, 04:37 AM
go gonzo beat this kid again