Rafa wants to play doubles with Fed at Madrid [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Rafa wants to play doubles with Fed at Madrid

Neverstopfightin
09-01-2006, 07:35 PM
I know guys you're sick of Fed-Nadal's threads , even me . But I've found this new very insteresting.

That's what Rafa has said at US Open :" I would love to play a doubles tournament with him ( Roger ) . I'm gonna ask kim to play together at Madrid ".

I would love to see that match

That's the new in spanish http://elmundodeporte.elmundo.es/elmundodeporte/2006/09/01/tenis/1157125381.html

Thoughts ??

Neely
09-01-2006, 07:38 PM
Interesting thought that Nadal and Federer play together in a doubles match. It would promote doubles for sure. I think no other doubles match should attract such attention ;)

Black Adam
09-01-2006, 07:39 PM
Roger alreafy refused to Roddick who was the number 2 at that time, I guess Roger doesn't want Rafa to know more about his game.

Adler
09-01-2006, 07:41 PM
I awlays wanted to show them in a doubles team. Who knows, maybe they'll even show it on TV

Neverstopfightin
09-01-2006, 07:43 PM
Roger alreafy refused to Roddick who was the number 2 at that time, I guess Roger doesn't want Rafa to know more about his game.

Do you really think that only for playing a pair of doubles matches together Rafa is gonna learn some secrets of Roger's game ?? . :confused: :shrug:

Björki
09-01-2006, 07:48 PM
I would like it :)

atheneglaukopis
09-01-2006, 07:48 PM
I have this image of them reaching the final together, and individually in singles, and having to play with each other and against each other on the same day. I know it's highly unlikely, but the image amused me.

mallorn
09-01-2006, 07:50 PM
Here's the translation of the beginning of the article, by nou.amic of www.vamosbrigade.com.
(...) The Spaniard Rafael Nadal wants to play doubles with the Swiss Roger Federer and is prepared to use all his gifts of persuasion during the US Open to convince the world number one.

"I would love to play a doubles tournament with him. I'm going to ask him if we can play together in Madrid," the world number two told Dpa in New York. (...)
I'd love to be there when Rafa asks him. :lol:

cmurray
09-01-2006, 07:53 PM
The idea is very strange to me. Not that I wouldn't watch every second, mind you. But Princess Roger doesn't seem like a very good team player.

The real question is whether the 2 best players in the world would make the best doubles team... I dunno.

The real question is WHY does Rafa want to play doubles with the Princess. Is he sick of the "rivalry" question and thinks this will put a stop to them?

MurrayFan1
09-01-2006, 07:54 PM
Personally, I couldn't give a toss about doubles, I'll watch it if it's on but I don't really follow it. But yeah, this would be awesome. I'd love to see doubles partners faces when they find out about this though haha.

Neverstopfightin
09-01-2006, 07:54 PM
I'd love to be there when Rafa asks him. :lol:

" Rogelio , me to want playing doubles with yourselves on Madrid , do we can
to do it to gether ?? . We sharing the pression. "

twahumboldt06
09-01-2006, 07:57 PM
to do it to gether ?? " . We sharing the pression.

:worship: sounds like yoda or something haha

Fergie
09-01-2006, 08:02 PM
Good one :lol:

mallorn
09-01-2006, 08:03 PM
I meant, I'd love to see Roger's reaction. :p

ChinoRios4Ever
09-01-2006, 08:03 PM
i want to see this

Alvarillo
09-01-2006, 08:06 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:
i can see it, the match in the night session, the court with no seats available!!
oh yes pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeee :bounce:

Neverstopfightin
09-01-2006, 08:09 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:
i can see it, the match in the night session, the court with no seats available!!
oh yes pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeee :bounce:

Are your gonna be volunteer ( aka ver tenis por la cara dura sin pagar ) again this year ??

Saumon
09-01-2006, 08:13 PM
it'd be cool :p

rofe
09-01-2006, 08:19 PM
Why not? As long as Fed gets to play doubles in a clay event with Nadal. ;)

mallorn
09-01-2006, 08:20 PM
The real question is WHY does Rafa want to play doubles with the Princess. Is he sick of the "rivalry" question and thinks this will put a stop to them?
You're on to something. ;)

More Rafa quotes translated by nou.amic:
"For everything, for people to see that there's no rivalry and all that stuff they always ask me. For them to see that we have a good relationship, that there was just one small incident in Rome and that was it."

(...)

"I suggested it to him once before, but in the end it came to nothing. I think now is a good moment ¿no?"
Si. :)

ae wowww
09-01-2006, 08:23 PM
They could do really well :D And would of course be #2 seeds, behind the Bryans..

Neverstopfightin
09-01-2006, 08:28 PM
They could do really well :D And would of course be #2 seeds, behind the Bryans..

You can use the singles entry ranking to enter in a doubles draw as direct acceptance but the seed spots are only assigned depending on doubles entry ranking.

Jim Courier
09-01-2006, 08:29 PM
That would be an intimidating pair of forehands, that's for sure. Especially evil with a lefty and a righty..

Regenbogen
09-01-2006, 08:29 PM
That would be awesome, I'd love to see how they'd do. It would be kind of funny as well :lol:

scoobs
09-01-2006, 08:32 PM
I would LOVE to see this.

mallorn
09-01-2006, 08:35 PM
I tried to imagine them low-fiving etc. after every good point. Nope, I can't. :rolls:

NYCtennisfan
09-01-2006, 08:37 PM

:haha:

I think Federer will do it. If nothing else, it will please Nike. :)

Alvarillo
09-01-2006, 08:38 PM
Are your gonna be volunteer ( aka ver tenis por la cara dura sin pagar ) again this year ??

yesss i'm going to stay in the airport welcoming the players :eek: :bounce:

MurrayFan1
09-01-2006, 08:43 PM
. It would be kind of funny as well :lol:

Haha exactly.

Kalliopeia
09-01-2006, 08:45 PM
This would be utterly brilliant. Come on, Fed. Do it!!

trequartista
09-01-2006, 08:46 PM
if anything, it'd let Roger into Rafa's clay court game.

but geez. This'd be so AWESOME. Roger does seem so individual though....but then again he DID win a doubles title with Safin. There's hope. ;)

atheneglaukopis
09-01-2006, 08:48 PM
if anything, it'd let Roger into Rafa's clay court game.

but geez. This'd be so AWESOME. Roger does seem so individual though....but then again he DID win a doubles title with Safin. There's hope. ;)
Roger in fact has seven doubles titles, so it's not as though he's completely incompetent at doubles.

Clara Bow
09-01-2006, 09:00 PM
What do I have to sacrifice at the alter of the tennis gods to make this happen? Although if I could actually see a match of them playing together, I don't know if my heart could take my inner squee. :hearts:

supersexynadal
09-01-2006, 09:02 PM
Thats would be the best thing that happened to doubles and the most embarassing thing to singles if they lost in the first round

supersexynadal
09-01-2006, 09:03 PM
Thats would be the best thing that happened to doubles and the most embarassing thing to singles if they lost in the first round!! Did sampras/agassi or any topduos ever play doubles together?

oschemi
09-01-2006, 09:04 PM
Rogelio will probably refuse. However, this will be one of the best things that has happened in tennis. GRRR

Neverstopfightin
09-01-2006, 09:11 PM
Thats would be the best thing that happened to doubles and the most embarassing thing to singles if they lost in the first round

Don't worry in that case I would rig the draw to ensure a Fed-Nadal vs F.Lopez-Moya in first round .

Unless they faced a top seed pair they would win his first match.

Rafa and Roger are among the 5 players with best % of wins in doubles matches among the top 100 in singles . Actually I made a stat last year during China open week and only Mirnyi and Bjorkman had better % than Rafa , though for sure Rafa has disminished that % in the last months.

supersexynadal
09-01-2006, 09:25 PM
Don't worry in that case I would rig the draw to ensure a Fed-Nadal vs F.Lopez-Moya in first round .

Unless they faced a top seed pair they would win his first match.

Rafa and Roger are among the 5 players with best % of wins in doubles matches among the top 100 in singles . Actually I made a stat last year during China open week and only Mirnyi and Bjorkman had better % than Rafa , though for sure Rafa has disminished that % in the last months.
Make that Spadea-coria ;) Poor coria :sad:

Castafiore
09-01-2006, 09:28 PM
Roger, please say YES! :bounce:

Regenbogen
09-01-2006, 09:29 PM
Oh god yes PLEASE...I really think he won't :sad:

Neverstopfightin
09-01-2006, 09:29 PM

The same thing Mirka thinks everytime she asks him to marry :lol:

Halba
09-01-2006, 09:48 PM
awww these boys just want to be buddies!

atheneglaukopis
09-01-2006, 09:50 PM
I tried to imagine them low-fiving etc. after every good point. Nope, I can't. :rolls:But their low-five is so cute! I want more!

partygirl
09-01-2006, 10:06 PM
Roger should be all like...
"Bitch pleasehttp://www.freesmileys.org/emo/taunt011.gif:rolleyes: "

..And run to andy:hearts:
Roger already refused Roddick who was the number 2 at that time. :sad: i will hold out hope, one day.
I think its a much more interesting pairing.

Johnny Groove
09-01-2006, 10:13 PM
I think the real question is: If they lost in both singles and doubles in Madrid, and got into a fist-fight in the locker room, who would win? :boxing:

ChloeLove
09-01-2006, 10:37 PM
I would LOVE for this to happen!

I hope Roger says yes, if he doesn't I'll be mad :( What an event this would be, #1 and #2 playing doubles together, he has to agree to it!!!

Samuel
09-01-2006, 10:38 PM
I think the real question is: If they lost in both singles and doubles in Madrid, and got into a fist-fight in the locker room, who would win? :boxing:

:D I think Nadal's definitely got some advantage there.

stebs
09-01-2006, 10:45 PM
It would be like some kind of a monster. Two forehands. No weak side.

atheneglaukopis
09-01-2006, 10:47 PM
I would LOVE for this to happen!

I hope Roger says yes, if he doesn't I'll be mad :( What an event this would be, #1 and #2 playing doubles together, he has to agree to it!!!Forget RR formatting--we have more important matters to devote our MTF-petitioning efforts to!

Saumon
09-01-2006, 11:05 PM
Please Roger, say yes!!! Don't break the poor kid's lil heart! :awww: :angel:

Skyward
09-01-2006, 11:07 PM
Say big fat No and pair up with Gasquet instead. :devil:

scarecrows
09-01-2006, 11:13 PM
that would rock

I hope Rogi accepts

landoud
09-01-2006, 11:15 PM
that will be really nice ... very interesting to watch
but what if they lost in an early round, that would be :tape:

lucashg
09-01-2006, 11:31 PM
Say big fat No and pair up with Gasquet instead. :devil:

Yes! :worship:

RogiFan88
09-01-2006, 11:34 PM
The idea is very strange to me. Not that I wouldn't watch every second, mind you. But Princess Roger doesn't seem like a very good team player.
The real question is whether the 2 best players in the world would make the best doubles team... I dunno.

What do you base your "Princess Roger doesn't seem like a very good team player." on?? Rogi has won about 6 dbles titles w various players and he gives his all for DC and SUI.

Yes, indeed, the real Q is why Rafa wants to play dbles w Rogi... ;)

zaboomafoo
09-01-2006, 11:45 PM
they would beat everyone, the best righty and the best lefty in thhe world playing together in doubles...total ownage

adee-gee
09-01-2006, 11:58 PM
Rafa already knows Roger's game, hence he's his bitch ;)

scoobs
09-01-2006, 11:59 PM
Can you imagine it?

Fedtards and Rafatards FORCED TO CHEER FOR THE SAME RESULT, FORCED TO CHEER FOR THE OTHER?

Fabulous!

This MUST happen :D

atheneglaukopis
09-02-2006, 12:04 AM
Can you imagine it?

Fedtards and Rafatards FORCED TO CHEER FOR THE SAME RESULT, FORCED TO CHEER FOR THE OTHER?

Fabulous!

This MUST happen :DIf we present it to Roger this way, as a humanitarian effort to bring people together, he will feel obliged to say yes! :D

Neverstopfightin
09-02-2006, 12:07 AM
Can you imagine it?

Fabulous!

I disagree.

The main part of Rafatards would love to see this pair playing doubles on the other hand I have the feeling the great part of Fedtards aren't delighted with that idea at all and would wish an early defeat.

adee-gee
09-02-2006, 12:07 AM
Can you imagine it?

Fabulous!

:scared:

I would never combine with the Fedtards. I'd rather see them lose 0 and 0.

scoobs
09-02-2006, 12:10 AM
Look, we all know that Rafa fans secretly love and admire Federer, and that Federer fans secretly adore Rafa and wish Rogi had a bum like that.

This would be the perfect opportunity to get this out in the open and for Fedtards and Rafatards to drop their tard tags once and for all and embrace their true feelings of love and respect for both players - and their fans :)

adee-gee
09-02-2006, 12:22 AM
Respect? For the likes of mirkaland? :spit:

atheneglaukopis
09-02-2006, 12:25 AM
Respect? For the likes of mirkaland? :spit:I notice you didn't question "love". ;) In grade school, you'd have pulled her pigtails.

scoobs
09-02-2006, 12:27 AM
:devil:

adee-gee
09-02-2006, 12:28 AM
I notice you didn't question "love". ;) In grade school, you'd have pulled her pigtails.
I love mangoes :p :inlove:

I also have a soft spot for RonE, Sjengster, JMPower and prima donna (they amuse me).

Metis
09-02-2006, 12:43 AM
Yes, indeed, the real Q is why Rafa wants to play dbles w Rogi... ;)
Well I can think of 3 reasons:

(1) He really wants to show the world they are on friendly terms and wants to enhance their friendship.
(2) the organizers of the Madrid tournament had the idea and suggested it to Rafa in order to promote the event.
(3) It's a trap! It is Uncle Toni's evil idea. While Rafa and Roger will be playing together on the court, Rafa will make Roger trip "by accident" and sprain his ankle again. As a consequence he will withdraw from the rest of the tournaments and Nadal will manage to take the No1 ranking. :devil: :p

In any case, Roger will wait until the end of the US Open to respond. If he wins, he will say yes, if he loses to Rafa then it's probably no (unless he decides to outsmart Uncle Toni and make Rafa trip and injure his foot) :devil:

atheneglaukopis
09-02-2006, 12:45 AM
Well I can think of 3 reasons:

(1) He really wants to show the world they are on friendly terms and wants to enhance their friendship.
(2) the organizers of the Madrid tournament had the idea and suggested it to Rafa in order to promote the event.
(3) It's a trap! It is Uncle Toni's evil idea. While Rafa and Roger will be playing together on the court, Rafa will make Roger trip "by accident" and sprain his ankle again. As a consequence he will withdraw from the rest of the tournaments and Nadal will manage to take the No1 ranking. :devil: :p

In any case, Roger will wait until the end of the US Open to respond. If he wins, he will say yes, if he loses to Rafa then it's probably no (unless he decides to outsmart Uncle Toni and make Rafa trip and injure his foot) :devil:
1. He wants more excuses to cuddle.
2. The organizers of the Madrid tournament want to give them more excuses to cuddle.
3. He wants an excuse to play doctor.

scoobs
09-02-2006, 01:16 AM
Rafa: "Ah, Doctor Federer, I having a butt ache, what you suggestions?" :angel:
Rogi: :scratch: "Ah, um... I dunno... Cortisone injection?" :shrug:
Rafa: :mad: "You no play right! You must recommending butt massage, then I asking you to give to me." :angel:
Rogi: "... Give you what?" :confused:
Rafa: :o "I wanna play with Carlos. He always doing it right." :mad:
Rogi: :awww:
Oh don't get me started.

Roger Federer walked into the locker room and leaned nonchalantly against the wall. The sound of running water from the shower, steam blowing out from the cubicle area, and the sound of someone singing "My Heart Will Go On" in mangled English made it all quite clear to Roger that his target was close at hand.

The water stopped and the cubicle door opened. Rafa stepped out, dripping water over the tile floor as he looked around for a towel. Realising he'd not brought one with him, he spotted Federer, raised one eyebrow and said "Rogi, hand me towel, por favor?"

Roger smiled, reached for a towel and handed it to Rafa, who began nonchalantly drying himself off.

Roger sent a lingering look up and down the length of Rafa's body, then smiled slowly.

"I was hoping to bump into you..."

scoobs
09-02-2006, 01:19 AM
I'm the Barbara Taylor-Bradford of the tennis world.

scoobs
09-02-2006, 01:23 AM
As long as you're not its Barbara Cartland. ;)
I went to a party as her once.

It was a Halloween party.

scoobs
09-02-2006, 01:31 AM
:eek:

... "This thread is nothing without pictures." ;)
They will NEVER be seen :)

Trying to get this back on topic, I really hope Rafa makes the offer and Roger accepts - it would be such a fun thing to do - if Federer plays Madrid, as I hope he does, he won't be worried about his ranking or whatever, he'll be gaining points, he'll have secured the #1 spot and it could be a lot of fun and very interesting for the fans

Corey Feldman
09-02-2006, 01:42 AM
I doubt it... will fed even play Madrid? his beloved Basel in the following week so that would be like...........2 weeks in a row Roger :eek:
:o :o

Pfloyd
09-02-2006, 01:46 AM
Yeah, them two playing together seems to good to be true. I really hope it happens though, it would definetley help doubles tv rating go up.

Corey Feldman
09-02-2006, 01:49 AM
I disagree.

The main part of Rafatards would love to see this pair playing doubles on the other hand I have the feeling the great part of Fedtards aren't delighted with that idea at all and would wish an early defeat.And, as a Rafatard yourself, what makes you say that?

unreal.

Corey Feldman
09-02-2006, 01:56 AM
Rafa already knows Roger's game, hence he's his bitch ;) Then Rafa should be asking Blakey, Hewitt or Berdy to be a partner.

LOL

Doris Loeffel
09-02-2006, 03:19 AM
" Rogelio , me to want playing doubles with yourselves on Madrid no, do we can
to do it to gether, no ?? . We sharing the pression. No"

Now that sounds more like Rafa ;) ;) (Sorry just couldn't help)

Sure would be a great doubles and fill the stands (I can tell you Rafa/Feli do that easily too!! ) but I don't think it'll ever happen. At least not right now. Even though it would be great.

Scotso
09-02-2006, 03:28 AM
I doubt Federer would do it.

Action Jackson
09-02-2006, 07:10 AM
It would be good, but I am not sure if the Big Cheese will agree, though if it was RR then he would.

World Beater
09-02-2006, 07:20 AM
it wont happen cos fed is playing back to back weeks singles. But the obvious response from mtf will be that federer is an arrogant and classless idiot.

ugotlobbed
09-02-2006, 07:33 AM
this would ddo so much for the game

s.m.
09-02-2006, 07:56 AM
I know guys you're sick of Fed-Nadal's threads , even me . But I've found this new very insteresting.

That's what Rafa has said at US Open :" I would love to play a doubles tournament with him ( Roger ) . I'm gonna ask kim to play together at Madrid ".

I would love to see that match

That's the new in spanish http://elmundodeporte.elmundo.es/elmundodeporte/2006/09/01/tenis/1157125381.html

Thoughts ??

of course he would
he is sick of playing with that loser lopez

Allez
09-02-2006, 08:31 AM
It would be great as long as Nadal didn't force Rogi to wear the same outfit as him a la the Lopez & Rafa partnership a while back.

Jade Fox
09-02-2006, 08:43 AM
If that really did happen, I will die of squee :hearts: .

Say yes Roger! Don't break Rafa's heart the same way you did Andy's. :bigcry:

Sunset of Age
09-02-2006, 10:50 AM
Sounds like an ultimate wet tennis dream to me. :angel:

"Say YES, Rogelio!! Por favor, no?" :devil:

Rex
09-02-2006, 01:07 PM
it would be good to watch, but the value of playing it for them would not be so good. Htey are naturally single players, on a doubles court id ont see them talking in the sidelines about where serves are gonna go. BUT WHO KNOWS....

controlfreak
09-02-2006, 02:04 PM
I'd like to see a compulsory doubles tournament where the pairings are selected at random. And if they held it four times a year, then sooner or later R&R would be bound to end up together! You would also end up with silly teams like Rochus-Karlovic, Ferrer-Ferrero, and Hewitt-Blake :)

Pea
09-02-2006, 02:45 PM

That's cos rodduck sux.

federated
09-02-2006, 03:04 PM
I'd love to see this, but I think we'll have to wait for them to hit the senior's tour.

amierin
09-02-2006, 03:56 PM
I'd love to see this, but I think we'll have to wait for them to hit the senior's tour.

Agreed.

Corey Feldman
09-02-2006, 04:50 PM
Roger alreafy refused to Roddick who was the number 2 at that time, I guess Roger doesn't want Rafa to know more about his game.Yes because the only reason players play doubles is to figure out the partner's game :silly:
and i take it this is why we are hearing all these paranoid comments that Fed wouldnt wanna team with Nadal...
here's one, maybe he just doesnt wanna play doubles because he will have enough tennis to play in the space of 3 weeks in singles alone.

Saumon
09-02-2006, 09:43 PM
Yes because the only reason players play doubles is to figure out the partner's game :silly:
and i take it this is why we are hearing all these paranoid comments that Fed wouldnt wanna team with Nadal...
here's one, maybe he just doesnt wanna play doubles because he will have enough tennis to play in the space of 3 weeks in singles alone.
we (Safin fans) wont force him to play in Bercy :angel:

Corey Feldman
09-03-2006, 12:55 AM
You shouldnt have no worries Saumon, Marat owns Bercy (when playing well) and Fed sucks there anyway ;)

maltose
09-03-2006, 02:20 AM
I wonder if they'd do the Bryan's chest bump...That would be quite a sight to see!

Saumon
09-03-2006, 10:30 AM
I wonder if they'd do the Bryan's chest bump...That would be quite a sight to see!
:haha: :haha: :haha:

dmit424
09-03-2006, 10:53 AM
Roger should be more open minded and accept. It's not that hard.

blessed
09-04-2006, 10:13 AM
Singles players [who predominantly play on the singles tour] playing together don't usually make a good team, whereas doubles players can and usually do play singles.
I don't think this is a good idea - Roger and Rafa are too very different personalities. Roger comes across as very contained, and Rafa with people he doesn't know is pretty reserved.
He plays well with Feli because he knows him so well - he doesn't know Roger, apart from tournaments.
Perhaps this is about debunking the mystery of Federer - you know, the more you know, the less it fazes you.
However, in a doubles partnership, there is always one dominant player - with Feli and Rafa it is Rafa [Rafael always likes to lead it seems], and the only interesting thing about this potential pairing is who is becomes the dominant player.
I hope however that wiser heads will prevail on the kid, and he won't pursue it.

bokehlicious
09-04-2006, 10:34 AM
Don't bother with that Roger and say no.

landoud
09-04-2006, 11:26 AM
:lol:

Junes
09-04-2006, 11:29 AM
Come on .I really don't want to see that

irene921
09-04-2006, 01:39 PM
that'd be interesting but i don't think rogi will say yes~~~~

Sunset of Age
09-04-2006, 08:08 PM
that'd be interesting but i don't think rogi will say yes~~~~

I don't think so either... but maybe, if Fed wins the USO, he'll acknowledge his soft spot for Rafa! ;)

mallorn
09-04-2006, 08:27 PM
The answer is no.

Federer declines Nadal's doubles offer

Deutsche Presse Agentur
Published: Monday September 4, 2006

New York- Cautious Roger Federer has politely declined an offer from top rival and friend Rafael Nadal to team up in doubles next month at the Madrid Masters. The top seed at the US Open, while charmed by the idea voiced by number 2 Nadal last week, said that he would have to keep his Davis Cup duties and his own fitness in mind as both players head into November's season-ending Masters Cup in Shanghai.

If any doubles were on the table for Federer, they would be with Davis Cup compatriot Yves Allegro, with whom he occasionally pairs for Switzerland.

Federer said he received a text message on his cell phone from Nadal after reaching the fourth round in the US Open as he bids for his third consecutive title at Flushing Meadows.

"It was a nice idea of Rafael and it would be a great promotion for tennis," Federer said. "But I just never play doubles at the end of the season, and if I did, it would be with Yves."

Federer and Nadal have dominated tennis for the past two seasons, contesting five finals in 2006, with Federer winning the last one at Wimbledon.

Pairings of the world number 1 and 2 are unknown in tennis, where most rivalries feed on dislike or at least aversion between competitors.

The competitors like Jimmy Connors and John McEnroe or Pete Sampras and Andre Agassi, while cordial, never stretched to teaming up outside of possibly the Davis Cup.
http://rawstory.com/news/2006/Federer_declines_Nadal_s_doubles_of_09042006.html