King Carlos def PHM ( 7:6 ,7:6 ,6:4 ) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

King Carlos def PHM ( 7:6 ,7:6 ,6:4 )

Neverstopfightin
09-01-2006, 05:48 PM
Good job mate :yeah:

Now I smell an upset against Blake ;)

PS: I guess Moya has sent regards to PHM from Rafa at the handshake :lol: , bye bye Mathieu :wavey:

Naranoc
09-01-2006, 05:49 PM
:D Excellent.

Warrior
09-01-2006, 05:50 PM
Well done Carlos!

Adler
09-01-2006, 05:50 PM
When I saw Carlos playing today, I thought it's Rafa. The same outfit, the same way of yelling while hitting the ball... but the guy was playing right-handed and that's why I realize it's Moya

Carlita
09-01-2006, 05:52 PM
:worship: :worship: :worship: Wow!! Great match Charly! Some blistering forehands there!!:bounce:

Deathless Mortal
09-01-2006, 05:52 PM
When I saw Carlos playing today, I thought it's Rafa. The same outfit, the same way of yelling while hitting the ball... but the guy was playing right-handed and that's why I realize it's Moya

LOL... p.s. Congratulations to Moya!!!

silverwhite
09-01-2006, 05:54 PM
Moya's FH was on fire today :yeah:

Björki
09-01-2006, 05:57 PM
Carlos :yeah:

NaDALiTa
09-01-2006, 06:10 PM
http://smileys.touslessmileys.com/r15/0906/5137.gif

http://smileys.touslessmileys.com/r15/0906/5130.gifhttp://smileys.touslessmileys.com/r15/0906/5133.gif
http://smileys.touslessmileys.com/r15/0906/5145.gifhttp://smileys.touslessmileys.com/r15/0906/5146.gifhttp://smileys.touslessmileys.com/r15/0906/5145.gif

http://smileys.touslessmileys.com/r15/0906/5131.gif

ARRIBA CHARLY !!!!!!!!!

connectolove
09-01-2006, 06:10 PM
Well done Carlos Moya!

He really needs to advance a little or his career could go down the drain!

Clara Bow
09-01-2006, 06:11 PM
I just listened the the last few games via US Open radio while at work (yeah...I'm a dork) and it sounds like Moya had a phenomenal get that caused the crowd to give him a standing ovation. I hope that I can see the point somehow. Did anyone see that point and was it awesome as it sounded?

Glad that Moya is playing well. :)

connectolove
09-01-2006, 06:11 PM
http://smileys.touslessmileys.com/r15/0906/5137.gif

http://smileys.touslessmileys.com/r15/0906/5130.gifhttp://smileys.touslessmileys.com/r15/0906/5133.gif
http://smileys.touslessmileys.com/r15/0906/5145.gifhttp://smileys.touslessmileys.com/r15/0906/5146.gifhttp://smileys.touslessmileys.com/r15/0906/5145.gif

http://smileys.touslessmileys.com/r15/0906/5131.gif

ARRIBA CHARLY !!!!!!!!!

Nadalita, what a work of art! beautiful and colorful.

connectolove
09-01-2006, 06:12 PM
I just listened the the last few games via US Open radio while at work (yeah...I'm a dork) and it sounds like Moya had a phenomenal get that caused the crowd to give him a standing ovation. I hope that I can see the point somehow. Did anyone see that point and was it awesome as it sounded?

Glad that Moya is playing well. :)

I wish I could have seen it. He probably cried afterwards!

Fumus
09-01-2006, 06:13 PM
Wooott woot Carlos!

PHM :rolleyes:

Carlita
09-01-2006, 06:20 PM

Glad that Moya is playing well. :)I saw that one! Paulo thought he had won the point because Carlos was nowhere to be found:haha: BUT, he ran and ran and wacked the bal around the netpost and it landed inside the court and Carlos "landed" against the boarding :lol: and he couldnt believe he hit that shot! :lol: smiles all round! ;)

Neely
09-01-2006, 06:22 PM
:banana: Very good effort, Carlos! :D

too bad I didn't see anything of the match so far :yeah:

mallorn
09-01-2006, 06:24 PM
Well done Carlos! :worship: Didn't see any of it but the score suggests it was a good, close match. Hopefully he can build on this and advance further. :yippee:

NaDALiTa
09-01-2006, 06:27 PM
Nadalita, what a work of art! beautiful and colorful.

gracias :hug: it's my new celebration for Uso 06 :lol: everytime one of my fav win, i celebrate this way ;)

Alvarillo
09-01-2006, 07:40 PM
Charlie ;)
keep it on!

Fergie
09-01-2006, 07:45 PM
Paulo :sad:

Well done Carlos! :yeah:

cedez
09-01-2006, 08:05 PM
Way to go Carlos! Nice win!

ufokart
09-01-2006, 08:50 PM
Carlos rules!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

But i feel sorry for Mathieu :sobbing:

MajorcanBoy89
09-01-2006, 10:04 PM
Yes a good win Carlos for shut up the people who said that you could be retired since months ago ;)

Another good sign is that in 2 matches they can't break you :)

nando
09-02-2006, 08:52 AM
congratulations carlos!!! I hope this form continues! Man i wish i could've seen this match...waaaa!

enqvistfan
09-02-2006, 09:06 AM
What a solid match from Carlos, he served very well !! Good luck in the next round, it will be tough but not impossible. Vamooooooooos king Carlos :bounce: :bounce:

delsa
09-02-2006, 10:00 AM
Very well done Carlos! :worship: On fire on the FH.

PS: I guess Moya has sent regards to PHM from Rafa at the handshake :lol:

What bullsh*t are you saying... :rolleyes:

1°) PHM didn't do anything to Rafa.

2°) King Carlos and PHM both have a lot of respect for each other as they showed in the post-match handshake.

TheBoiledEgg
09-02-2006, 10:05 AM

Rafa would have been 20m behind the baseline :angel: :lol:
and he cant hit forehands like Carlos.

Neverstopfightin
09-02-2006, 10:08 AM
Very well done Carlos! :worship: On fire on the FH.

What bullsh*t are you saying... :rolleyes:

1°) PHM didn't do anything to Rafa.

2°) King Carlos and PHM both have a lot of respect for each other as they showed in the post-match handshake.

1º) I see you don't get a joke

2º) It's a pity PHM doesn't have for Rafa the same respect he has for Carlos telling bullsh*ts in french press about Rafa's little jumps and his antics of intimidation :retard: . PHM just a sore loser :wavey: .

silverwhite
09-02-2006, 10:11 AM
1º) I see you don't get a joke

2º) It's a pity PHM doesn't have for Rafa the same respect he has for Carlos telling bullsh*ts in french press about Rafa's little jumps and his antics of intimidation :retard: . PHM just a sore loser :wavey: .

Nadal's intimidation tactics in the lockerroom before a match have been related by other players besides PHM. :wavey:

Neverstopfightin
09-02-2006, 10:33 AM
Nadal's intimidation tactics in the lockerroom before a match have been related by other players besides PHM. :wavey:

Intimidation tactics ?? :retard: You don't have a clue of Rafa's personality or Rafa's career.

He jumps in ALL cases even when he's alone in the locker room.

There a lot of TV images that he jumps and there isn't no player close to him . If it was just a antic to intimidate why also to jump when he's alone ?? :retard:

EVEN when he plays against his BEST friend in an exhibition match ( a friend who has slept in his house thousand of times when they were kids ) he keep making those jumps .

Do you think he has the necessity of doing those antics even playing against his best friend like a brother for him in a exhibition match ?? :retard:

I can understand the opponent is disturbed with Rafa's movements before the matches , but what it's a GREAT bullsh*t is that those movements are a premeditated tactic to intimidate his opponents :retard: . The only reason why he made those movements is because he likes and need to begin the match very activated and energetic , he needs to begin the match with the 6th geer .

Rafa is a shy guy out of courts he doesn't like the controversies he never bashers his opponents in press conferences he doesn't mess with anybody.
Just because he's an efusive player on courts then he's a bad person , he's a bully , he's a dirty player plenty of antics ?? :retard:.

Well If I follow your theories then I would have to think Monfils is a real prick , bully and his performance at Roland Garros was plenty of antics when he jumped like a crazy . But as I understand that tennis is a sport of passions and emotions I like to think Monfils was just showing his happiness and that's all .

You keep showing an utter ignorance on Rafa's personality and antics :rolleyes: .

Chocobo
09-02-2006, 11:46 AM
Intimidation tactics ?? :retard: You don't have a clue of Rafa's personality or Rafa's career.

There a lot of TV images that he jumps and there isn't no player close to him . If it was just a antic to intimidate why also to jump when he's alone ?? :retard:

EVEN when he plays against his BEST friend in an exhibition match ( a friend who has slept in his house thousand of times when they were kids ) he keep making those jumps .

Do you think he has the necessity of doing those antics even playing against his best friend like a brother for him in a exhibition match ?? :retard:

I can understand the opponent is disturbed with Rafa's movements before the matches , but what it's a GREAT bullsh*t is that those movements are a premeditated tactic to intimidate his opponents :retard: . The only reason why he made those movements is because he likes and need to begin the match very activated and energetic , he needs to begin the match with the 6th geer .

Rafa is a shy guy out of courts he doesn't like the controversies he never bashers his opponents in press conferences he doesn't mess with anybody.
Just because he's an efusive player on courts then he's a bad person , he's a bully , he's a dirty player plenty of antics ?? :retard:.

Well If I follow your theories then I would have to think Monfils is a real prick , bully and his performance at Roland Garros was plenty of antics when he jumped like a crazy . But as I understand that tennis is a sport of passions and emotions I like to think Monfils was just showing his happiness and that's all .

You keep showing an utter ignorance on Rafa's personality and antics :rolleyes: .

You like the :retard: emoticon, no?

silverwhite
09-02-2006, 11:46 AM
What is this? Most :retard:s wins?

I never said that someone who uses intimidation tactics is a bad person or a bully. If you read the whole article, you would know that PHM said that he wasn't bothered by all the jumping and fist-pumping. :wavey:

Neverstopfightin
09-02-2006, 12:00 PM
You like the :retard: emoticon, no?

I started to be a fan of that emoticon after being in France and found a bunch of morons that their inner proud , chauvinism and arrogance don't let them to answer in english to the tourists .

Luckily I hasn't had that problem in another country :D

NicoFan
09-02-2006, 12:49 PM

I was there - excellent point!

What I liked the best though was the Lord Carlos acknowledged the fans ovation. That was very cool. :cool:

Carlos... :hug:

Carlita
09-02-2006, 12:50 PM

What I liked the best though was the Lord Carlos acknowledged the fans ovation. That was very cool. :cool:

Carlos... :hug:where did you sit? I thought I saw you :D :lol:

NicoFan
09-02-2006, 12:53 PM
where did you sit? I thought I saw you :D :lol:

Probably not me because I was in the peasant seating. :lol: Fortunately they aren't really high though because the grandstand is small. My favorite place to watch a tennis match.

What a great match. Carlos seemed to do everything right. I felt bad for PHM though because he really played well too.

Chocobo
09-02-2006, 12:58 PM
I started to be a fan of that emoticon after being in France and found a bunch of morons that their inner proud , chauvinism and arrogance don't let them to answer in english to the tourists .

Glad you liked it, honey :kiss:

Lucky you. That may be the shot of the tournament.

JBdV
09-02-2006, 12:59 PM

:lol: I'd love to hear your excuse for Rafa taking a time-out at 5-4 in that 3rd set...

silverwhite
09-02-2006, 01:00 PM
I felt bad for PHM though because he really played well too.

PHM was a :silly: on the big points. DF on SP in the 1st set and 3 unnecessary BH return errors on second serves towards the end of the 2nd set TB. :o

silverwhite
09-02-2006, 01:02 PM

I see. Psychological baggage is always difficult to let go of. :awww:

Chocobo
09-02-2006, 01:09 PM
PHM was a :silly: on the big points.

Really? That's so surprising from him... ;)

Chocobo
09-02-2006, 01:25 PM
:lol: I'd love to hear your excuse for Rafa taking a time-out at 5-4 in that 3rd set...

His excuse is:

:retard: You bunch of morons frenchies that their inner proud, chauvinism and arrogance don't let them to answer in english to the tourists :retard: are just like this moron :retard: PHM who dares to talk about King Rafa in interviews :retard: and don't have a clue about Rafa's personnality or Rafa's career :retard:

:retard: He chokes on bananas in ALL cases even when he's alone in the locker room :retard:

:retard: There a lot of TV images that he takes time-outs and there isn't no player close to him. He even takes time-outs when practicing with uncle Toni :retard: If it was just a antic to intimidate why also to take time-outs when he's alone ?? :retard:

:retard: Do you think he has the necessity of choking on :retard: bananas even playing against his best friend like a brother for him in a exhibition match ?? :retard:

:retard:

Naranoc
09-02-2006, 01:27 PM
^ That post is now too confusing to read ;)

Neverstopfightin
09-02-2006, 01:48 PM
Glad you liked it, honey :kiss:

Sure . France is a great and pretty country no doubt about it .

But I think it would be good for some of your countrymen/women stop looking down their nose at the rest of the World :) . Sorry but nor France have the better players in the world nor French is the biggest and most important language of the World . :shrug:

I already knew that for a frenchie like you it's impossible to make self-criticism and to admit that the aversion of some frenchies to answer in english to the tourists is a great lack of manners .

LOL another frenchie :lol: . I'm starting to wonder if in France there is a strange virus in the air called " Rafa-basherism " . I feel sorry for you :hug:

Well I think you will think the rest of your life he was faking when he said he choked on a banana :shrug: so I'm not gonna waste my time since you will keep thinking what you want.

But let me tell you that when a player is 5-4 up and serving for the set It isn't the logical moment for asking for a faked medical timeout . The logical moment is when you are down in the set or you want to break the rhythm of the match not when you are serving for the set . :silly:

If you think that he faked that medical timeout you prove you don't have a f*cking idea about tennis .

I see. Psychological baggage is always difficult to let go of. :awww:

I see you are that kind of fans that when you are a fan of a player then because of fanatic reasons you also becomes a fanatic of that country and you defend it as it was your own country.

I can't but laugh at those fanatics fan and their lack of personality.

I just hoped and I'm sure about it that if one day I visit Singapure if the person knows english language he's gonna answer me in that language and not in chinese , malay or tamil.

Neverstopfightin
09-02-2006, 01:52 PM
His excuse is:

:retard: You bunch of morons frenchies that their inner proud, chauvinism and arrogance don't let them to answer in english to the tourists :retard: are just like this moron :retard: PHM who dares to talk about King Rafa in interviews :retard: and don't have a clue about Rafa's personnality or Rafa's career :retard:

:retard: He chokes on bananas in ALL cases even when he's alone in the locker room :retard:

:retard: There a lot of TV images that he takes time-outs and there isn't no player close to him. He even takes time-outs when practicing with uncle Toni :retard: If it was just a antic to intimidate why also to take time-outs when he's alone ?? :retard:

:retard: Do you think he has the necessity of choking on :retard: bananas even playing against his best friend like a brother for him in a exhibition match ?? :retard:

:retard:

That post is supposed to be a proof of your dyslexia or of your retardism ?? :scratch:

silverwhite
09-02-2006, 02:25 PM
I see you are that kind of fans that when you are a fan of a player then because of fanatic reasons you also becomes a fanatic of that country and you defend it as it was your own country.

I just hoped and I'm sure about it that if one day I visit Singapure if the person knows english language he's gonna answer me in that language and not in chinese , malay or tamil.

LOL. I love how you attack others for making assumptions and then proceed to make one yourself. For the record, although the two are not as related as you think, I started learning French before I became a tennis fan, dear. :kiss:

Yes, he would and so? :shrug:

Carlita
09-02-2006, 02:28 PM
Probably not me because I was in the peasant seating. :lol: Fortunately they aren't really high though because the grandstand is small. My favorite place to watch a tennis match.

What a great match. Carlos seemed to do everything right. I felt bad for PHM though because he really played well too.ah okay :lol: I wish I could have been there! I love to watch Charly play :)

btw....what's going on here? Where did all the :retard: and Rafa stuff come from?! :confused:

edit....forget I asked...........:p

NaDALiTa
09-02-2006, 03:35 PM
Sure . France is a great and pretty country no doubt about it .

But I think it would be good for some of your countrymen/women stop looking down their nose at the rest of the World :) . Sorry but nor France have the better players in the world nor French is the biggest and most important language of the World . :shrug:

I already knew that for a frenchie like you it's impossible to make self-criticism and to admit that the aversion of some frenchies to answer in english to thetourists is a great lack of manners .

LOL another frenchie :lol: . I'm starting to wonder if in France there is a
strange virus in the air called " Rafa-basherism " . I feel sorry for you :hug:

Well I think you will think the rest of your life he was faking when he said he choked on a banana :shrug: so I'm not gonna waste my time since you will keep thinking what you want.

But let me tell you that when a player is 5-4 up and serving for the set It isn't the logical moment for asking for a faked medical timeout . The logical moment is when you are down in the set or you want to break the rhythm of the match not when you are serving for the set . :silly:

If you think that he faked that medical timeout you prove you don't have a f*cking idea about tennis .

Neverstopfightin :wavey:
I completely share your opinion about french, and guess what i'm french,(the banner is for Rafa :D )!!!(i precise that not all of them are like that tho ) When i say french i talk about the french tennis fan only, at least a part of them (thanx Chocobo)

Maybe they don't like Rafa because he "kills" everytime our ( :confused: ) french players, take all the french on the tour, and see the head2head it's sooo funny Rafa dominates the french tennis!!! :angel:
They might hate Rafa because he has managed better in tennis for the moment than Gasquet. It's not wicked, but at first Gasquet was considerate as more bound to have a huge career and win grand slam, and now they are frustrated because Rafa had two grand slam, moreover THEIR grandslam !!

Last time reading the spanish press about the Rafa's doping case, spanish journalists told that everytime Roland Garros is close, the french press find something agaisnt Rafa, and it's so true:

*RG 05, during a TV Show, they made a documentary on Puerta, and the last images of the film were a poster with a lot of pills agaisnt doping and an image of Rafa jumping after winning RG .A lot of Rafa fan reacted to this :(

*RG 06 l'equipe said that Rafa was on the doctor Fuentes list, and he was taking illegal products etc..... oops it's not l'Equipe but le journal du dimanche

Thanx God there are some french tennis professional that know that Rafa is fair!! Thierry Champion, Gael Monfils coach said that he observed the way Rafa was training, and conclued that he was sure he wasn't doped!!

The most important problem in France remains CHAUVINISM, they can't accept that some french can support other players, tennis is a single sport, not a matter of country .Earlier this year i went to see a tennis tournament, Rafa was playing agaisnt Clément, and as a proud Rafa fan i supported Rafa, and a guy told why don't you support french guys? i found this question really stupid!!! I support the player i feel the closest and it's Rafa there is nothing to wonder about!!!!

Dunno what was PHM problem's in RG, you don'tblame your opponent when you loose it's the most stupid attitude a player can have !!!!!When you lose in tennis the only giulty is you !!!!!!!! After the match i listenned the radio and PHM said ''this kind of attitude doesn't impressed me because i lived in US " (so what? American are stronger and more impressive than everyone ?? :haha: ) one of the funniest quote i've heard!!!!

edit

JBdV
09-02-2006, 03:48 PM
LOL another frenchie :lol: . I'm starting to wonder if in France there is a strange virus in the air called " Rafa-basherism " . I feel sorry for you :hug:

:haha: You're hilarious...You're the one who brought up the Nadal match in this thread, I have no bitterness about that match because I never in a million years thought PHM would win, so I was more than happy to see his performance :)
You're clearly the one carrying some bitterness about something you think PHM may have said after...:haha: Dude, your player WON, so just take a chill pill, and let it go :wavey:

Merton
09-02-2006, 04:25 PM
Good win for Charly, but PHM :silly: When the draw came, i thought he had a great opportunity to do well here but it did not happen. Now I hope Moya playes well against Blake, that would make an interesting match.

Merton
09-02-2006, 04:26 PM
How did Rafa enter this thread about a match between Charly and PHM? :scratch:

Corey Feldman
09-02-2006, 04:29 PM
PS: I guess Moya has sent regards to PHM from Rafa at the handshake :lol:I guess he can send regards to Blake from Rafa as well next.....
Oh wait.

NYCtennisfan
09-02-2006, 04:44 PM
I guess he can send regards to Blake from Rafa as well next.....
Oh wait.

:lol:

Neverstopfightin
09-02-2006, 04:46 PM
:haha: You're hilarious...You're the one who brought up the Nadal match in this thread,

What I find hilarious is your incapacity of reading :D . Before you have mentioned the Roland Garros match , have you seen me mentioning one specific match of the 5 meetings they have played ;)

The only one who has brought up a concrete match has been yourself . You clever :silly:

And after you mentioned the banana incident I simply responsed you , that's all . You get it ?? ;) ( It isn't so difficult to understand , try it :D )

: I have no bitterness about that match because I never in a million years thought PHM would win, so I was more than happy to see his performance :)
You're clearly the one carrying some bitterness about something you think PHM may have said after...:haha: Dude, your player WON, so just take a chill pill, and let it go :wavey:

Me bitterness ?? :rolls: My horse wins PHM evertime they face and I have to have bitterness ? :lol: My player wins a lot of tournaments unlike PHM and I have to have bitterness ?? :haha:

Bitterness isn't an usual word inside of Rafa's fans unluckily I can't not say the same for PHM's fans :sad: :hug:

I was just happy of PHM's defeat since I don't like those players that don't show respect for their workmates at mass media instead of focussing in his own issues as for example not to lose to that player again when they face in the future.

It was a pleasure to talk to all of you but this thread is no longer interesting. :wavey:

Neverstopfightin
09-02-2006, 04:51 PM
I guess he can send regards to Blake from Rafa as well next.....
Oh wait.

Well Rafa and James practised at New Haven so it isn't enough time to miss each other .

Are your so bored this afternoon that you need go searching threads where to find carrion like a Fedtard-vulture ?? :sad: :hug:

World Beater
09-02-2006, 05:08 PM

just because he jumps ALL the time doesn't make it any less acceptable. He may not have bad intentions, but it certainly comes across like that and for this you cannot blame other players. They can only judge what they see. Paulo has lost many big matches in his career, and if he were really the sore loser you claim him to be, you would be hearing a lot more from him. But this happens only after nadal's match, maybe it has something to do with nadal?

Nadal expresses emotion on almost every other point, and this seems a little aritificial. If he were to celebrate a great/ or important point that is different. Many players like baghdatis are emotional as well, but they dont display the histrionics so frequently. Oh btw, i think monfils does act like a prick sometimes.

Also, i hardly see you as being qualified to judge nadal better than the rest of mtf, unless you are toni or rafa himself, for which your responses would still not be surprising.

JBdV
09-02-2006, 05:09 PM
What I find hilarious is your incapacity of reading :D . Before you have mentioned the Roland Garros match , have you seen me mentioning one specific match of the 5 meetings they have played ;)

The only one who has brought up a concrete match has been yourself . You clever :silly:

And after you mentioned the banana incident I simply responsed you , that's all . You get it ?? ;) ( It isn't so difficult to understand , try it :D )

Me bitterness ?? :rolls: My horse wins PHM evertime they face and I have to have bitterness ? :lol: My player wins a lot of tournaments unlike PHM and I have to have bitterness ?? :haha:

Bitterness isn't an usual word inside of Rafa's fans unluckily I can't not say the same for PHM's fans :sad: :hug:

I was just happy of PHM's defeat since I don't like those players that don't show respect for their workmates at mass media instead of focussing in his own issues as for example not to lose to that player again when they face in the future.

It was a pleasure to talk to all of you but this thread is no longer interesting. :wavey:
:yawn: It was thoughtful of you to go to all that trouble replying to me, but I didn't bother reading any of it....but good luck in the future anyway :wavey:

Kalliopeia
09-02-2006, 06:44 PM
just because he jumps ALL the time doesn't make it any less acceptable. He may not have bad intentions, but it certainly comes across like that and for this you cannot blame other players. They can only judge what they see. Paulo has lost many big matches in his career, and if he were really the sore loser you claim him to be, you would be hearing a lot more from him. But this happens only after nadal's match, maybe it has something to do with nadal?

Why is it unacceptable? Because some players find it intimidating? Rafa pumps himself up by doing all that stuff. He does it every match, and every player on the tour has seen it. If he were purposely directing it at his opponent that would be one thing but he obviously is not. If it bothers them at this point, it is their problem, not his.

As for Moya...I'd love to see him beat James Blake. I don't expect it but it would make my day.

Corey Feldman
09-02-2006, 06:51 PM
Are your so bored this afternoon that you need go searching threads where to find carrion like a Fedtard-vulture ?? :sad:Fedtard vulture.... i like that title :D