Don't Watch The USO at a Sports Bar [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Don't Watch The USO at a Sports Bar

MisterQ
09-01-2006, 05:37 PM
These five-setters are bad for your liver. :sad: :drink:

Neely
09-01-2006, 05:39 PM
You have to explain that more in details ;)

So what are you saying? That Agassi is animating you to order a drink every changeover? And because the match went so long, it puts your liver on a tough test?

MisterQ
09-01-2006, 05:49 PM
You have to explain that more in details ;)

So what are you saying? That Agassi is animating you to order a drink every changeover? And because the match went so long, it puts your liver on a tough test?

This is what happens when you are too cheap to pay for cable but not too cheap to pay for beer. ;)

The excitement increases the drinking rate. :lol: And when it looks like your favorite might close it out in 3 or at most 4 sets, you don't pace yourself.

The cool thing was that the match totally upstaged the football and baseball on the other TVs. By the fifth set everyone there was really into it, gathered around watching it, tennis fans and casual viewers alike. :yeah:

adee-gee
09-01-2006, 05:51 PM
The cool thing was that the match totally upstaged the football and baseball on the other TVs. By the fifth set everyone there was really into it, gathered around watching it, tennis fans and casual viewers alike. :yeah:
Davenport vs Kostanic would upstage lame sports like baseball :p

Clara Bow
09-01-2006, 07:16 PM
The cool thing was that the match totally upstaged the football and baseball on the other TVs. By the fifth set everyone there was really into it, gathered around watching it, tennis fans and casual viewers alike.

Yeah tennis! :) They also had extensive coverage of the match on Sports Center last night, they showed more points then you ever really see for a tennis match.

I have to say that even though I was watching at home, the match was bad for my liver as well. I tend to drink Pimms or gin and tonics when watching big tennis matches, and during this match- I did knock back a few. ;)

Neely
09-01-2006, 07:29 PM
Yes, who would miss one of the last matches of a legend because of a regular season game in baseball or football, even more so as dramatic as the match was :lol:

I hope your liver holds up for the next round! :p

jayjay
09-01-2006, 07:46 PM

Maybe someone should have told the AA crowd last night that they were infact not at a sports bar.

RickDaStick
09-01-2006, 08:16 PM
Yes, who would miss one of the last matches of a legend because of a regular season game in baseball or football, even more so as dramatic as the match was :lol:

I hope your liver holds up for the next round! :p

Americans

El Legenda
09-01-2006, 09:37 PM
Davenport vs Kostanic would upstage lame sports like baseball :p

hitting a baseball is the hardest thing to do in sports...you should try hitting a ball coming at you 95mph from 60ft away...good luck.