Anyone knows what happened to Soderling yesterday ? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Anyone knows what happened to Soderling yesterday ?

Tennisfan-Mtl
09-01-2006, 12:37 PM
He was up 7-6, 6-2, 5-4...and had a couple of MATCH points against Wawrinka......and then ...what happened ??? He finally lost 7-6, 6-2, 6-7, 0-6, 1-6....Was that a major CHOKE ? Did Stan started playing better ? Did Robin get injured ???

Too bad for Robin :( But I'm kinda relieved that he lost to Stanislas....Another favorite of mine ;)

FSRteam
09-01-2006, 12:40 PM
He choked and stan was steady as most of the time!!!

Credit to stan for hanging there and for turning around the match the way he did! It's great to see all the hard work with pierre paying off!!! :)

Action Jackson
09-01-2006, 12:42 PM
Nothing, he had MPs, couldn't convert and he was pissed off with losing that set, then he decided to conserve energy and then when he tried to wake up Stani was too good.

oz_boz
09-01-2006, 12:42 PM
:sad:

Söderling is not a favourite of mine, but I cheer for him as a Swede. That was awful, it seems like he lost his mind completely.

Action Jackson
09-01-2006, 12:43 PM
I am just reading a Swedish paper and that was pretty much what happened. The Toad got squashed.

Tennisfan-Mtl
09-01-2006, 12:44 PM
Thanks guys ;) It's kinda sad...'cos it's not the first time I've witnessed Robin not being able to close out matches.....or just needing 117 MP's to do so....He seems to have a problem when he feels he can do it...

On the other hand, this must be a GREAT confidence booster for Stan....:)

Action Jackson
09-01-2006, 12:45 PM
Söderling is a prick, and with him it's not necessarily about a lack of ability.

FSRteam
09-01-2006, 12:47 PM
What I read in the swiss newspapers was that soderling was mentally out after losing the 3th set tie-break! Apparently stan played great and never let the swede take back the control of the game after the 3th set.

Congratulations stan and good luck against robredo!!!

Action Jackson
09-01-2006, 12:53 PM
– I bland vaknar man och känner att man har en jävla energi. Idag var det tungt. Det var segt redan i första set som jag ändå lyckades att vinna, sedan tycker jag i och för sig att jag spelar bra i andra och tredje men på matchbollarna är det väldigt små marginaler, sade han efter förlusten i andra omgången.
– När jag sedan inte lyckas ta mina breakbollar i fjärde set, då tar energin slut, kanske mer mentalt än fysiskt. I fjärde försökte jag spara energi till ett femte set men det är svårt att tända om.

Basically it says. "Some days you wake up with a lot of energy, but today it was hard. I played well in the 2nd and 3rd sets and on my MPs missed by really small margins.

"I wasn't able to take my break chances in the 4th, the energy went and perhaps it was more mental than physical. I tried to conserve energy in the 4th, but in the 5th it was difficult to turn it around."

FSRteam
09-01-2006, 01:03 PM
Basically it says. "Some days you wake up with a lot of energy, but today it was hard. I played well in the 2nd and 3rd sets and on my MPs missed by really small margins.

"I wasn't able to take my break chances in the 4th, the energy went and perhaps it was more mental than physical. I tried to conserve energy in the 4th, but in the 5th it was difficult to turn it around."

Or another possible translation:

"Some days you wake up with a lot of energy, but today it was a choking day. I didn't choke in the 2nd and 3rd sets and on my MPs only choked by really small margins.

"I wasn't able not to choke my break chances away in the 4th, the energy went and perhaps it was more mental than physical. I tried to conserve energy in the 4th, but in the 5th it was difficult not to choke it around." ;)

Action Jackson
09-01-2006, 01:04 PM
Basic point of that was that he didn't acknowledge Stani's performance, but that is the Toad all over.

oz_boz
09-01-2006, 02:44 PM
Tack för artikeln George. Robin :rolleyes:

Action Jackson
09-01-2006, 02:46 PM
Tack för artikeln George. Robin :rolleyes:

Lese den hele artikel her http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/story/0,2789,880331,00.html

Kristen
09-01-2006, 02:50 PM
You seem to like replying to posts.
Here's another one.

Kom igen Robin. Pull your finger out, get a reality check and chin up :retard:

Deathless Mortal
09-01-2006, 03:00 PM
Wawrinka was too good... After third set, where he almost won the match, he could'nt do anything... it was like when Ivan on Wimbledon had against Tursunov 2-0 lead, and Tursunov won third set, and in 4th Ivan was serving for match, and he failed, Tursunov than won the tiebreak, and Ivan lost 5th 6:2...

Blue Heart24
09-01-2006, 04:05 PM
Domi,kak znaš da je wawrinka bio predobar??? Nisi gledao...inače upravo me je taj par sjebao!!!!!!!

GlennMirnyi
09-01-2006, 04:28 PM
Ridiculous choke by Soderling.

Aphex
09-01-2006, 04:52 PM
:lol: Tiiiiiiiiiiibrooooooooooo!

CooCooCachoo
09-01-2006, 04:54 PM
Söderling is a prick, and with him it's not necessarily about a lack of ability.

He's not that bad a prick.

Gaudío is worse. Much worse.

Action Jackson
09-01-2006, 04:54 PM
Vi sees neste år Padde.

Action Jackson
09-01-2006, 04:57 PM
He's not that bad a prick.

Gaudío is worse. Much worse.

Why mention Gaudio? What does he have to do with this thread? The answer is nothing and I have seen Söderling more than enough with my own eyes to form a judgement. There is a reason he isn't the most popular amongst his countrymen.