King Henman .vs. King Fedex; Henners 4 Gold !! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

King Henman .vs. King Fedex; Henners 4 Gold !!

Hank777
09-01-2006, 11:54 AM
This from the Official Tim Henman Website:

Tim Henman takes on Roger Federer in the first match of the day at Flushing Meadows on Friday for a place in the third round.

The British No.2 and the world No.1 and defending champion open day five’s play on the main show court in New York, the Arthur Ashe stadium.

Henman is still one of the few players on the tour with a winning record against the Swiss – he has won six of their 11 meetings over the last seven years.

But Federer has taken the last four of their contests and beat Henman 6-4 6-0 6-2 in the second round at Wimbledon in June.

Henman says he will go into the match trying to play his own game and hoping for things to go his way.

“It's as tough a test as you can have. But it depends which way you want to look at it. Do you want to look at it as a tough draw or a great opportunity?” Henman said.

“I was watching the golf the other day. One of the golfers said, ‘Tiger Woods is the best in the world, but he's beatable.’ I think that's the same with Roger.

“He is the best in the world, but you need things to go your way. You hope he has a bit of an off-day. You play well and take your chances and whatnot.

“I'll go out there, play my game. I certainly don't feel any pressure. I'll enjoy it.

“I know with my style of play that I can have some impact, or try and have an impact in the match.

“Compared to when we played at Wimbledon, the conditions are actually a lot better here. It's a much quicker court, quicker balls. That's in my favour. Whether it has any bearing on the outcome, we'll just have to wait and see.”

Tim can do it, 4get Wimbie, 4get who's #1, Fedex is cool, but Henners has to show that "Serve & Volley" is still alive !! :cool: :worship:

Come on there must be fellow believers out here ... :)