I am new to Tennis and I want to know more about the U.S. Open [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

I am new to Tennis and I want to know more about the U.S. Open

tennisfan92
09-01-2006, 08:30 AM
Hey everyone,

I can't believe what I've been missing all my life!

I was flipping through the channels a few days ago and a tennis game with Andre Agassi was on. I didn't know who he was but I've seen his face before in commercials.

So I decided to leave it on for a few minutes. Next thing I know I'm watching it for 3 hours straight!! And now I can't get enough of it!

I'm watching tennis ALL DAY now for the past few days and I LOVE IT :D

I can't believe I have never been into Tennis until now.

Well there is a first time for everything I guess. :)

Now I want to know if there is a website that is updated everyday with the schedule of each match. (Like who plays who and at what time)

Because I don't want to miss an Andre Agassi game and I don't know when his next game is going to be. :(

All the sites I checked say somethign like "U.S Open Tennis 7:00pm - 11:00pm". But they don't tell me who is playing at that time :(

Thanks a lot for anyone who can help me :)

I'm so happy that I found out about TENNIS! :D :D

Koptamizo
09-01-2006, 08:41 AM
www.usopen.org has schedules... lemme see..

Here you go, has the order of play of all the courts.

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/schedule/index.html

Hope this helps!

~EMiLiTA~
09-01-2006, 11:49 AM
welcome to the sport and glad you like it

you might want to find yourself another fave though, because agassi is retiring after this tournament...but there are plenty of other guys or gals to choose from hehe

someone's already given the us open site...but if you want to more about tennis in general, you can also visit www.atptennis.com which is all about men's tennis

tennisphan
09-01-2006, 03:08 PM
WELCOME!!!

next thing you know, you will be coming here to NYC and going for days at a time for hours and hours on end (every year)

tennisfan92
09-02-2006, 12:10 AM
Cool! Thanks for the links guys!

Yeah, too bad Agassi is going to retire :( But I hope he wins this last tournament :)

But I am also starting to like some other players now that I am watching more and more.

And my favorite in womens tennis is Maria Sharapova :) She looks like she is really good.

btw tennisphan, I am already in NEW YORK :D :D This is where I live :)

And also, I just finished studying the scoring rules of tennis because that was something that was confusing me. But now I understand everything. Even the tiebreaker :)

Its the coolest sport! Its awesome! :D

victory
09-02-2006, 04:34 AM
In my country, there aren't so much people like tennis because TV doesn't live the tennis matches. I have just known about tennis for 1 year, I loved it after seeing only 1 match, like you.

Have fun.

MisterQ
09-02-2006, 05:14 AM
Welcome to tennis fandom. :cool: :wavey:

J. Corwin
09-02-2006, 09:12 AM
Welcome to tennis :D You will now be hooked for life. :smoke: It's a stimulant, and aphrodisiac...:cool:

MurrayFan1
09-02-2006, 08:43 PM
Welcome to the good side. I have only really just started following it closely as it's kind of hard for me as I can't get access to a lot of tennis. I'm always hooked on Wimbledon and try to go every year, being english of course. :)

sanpo
09-03-2006, 11:06 AM
Welcome to the tennis world. :hugs:

oberon
09-03-2006, 01:30 PM
I have three addictions: opera, NYC Ballet and tennis!

Welcome to the world's most exciting and BEAUTIFUL sport!

Sharapova is not just lovely, she's a heck of a player. After you get accustomed to the top echelon players, I might suggest exploring those a little further down the rankings; you will develop your own favorites - even if they don't always win!

It might be too late for you to get out to the Open this year, or too expensive. Next August, in the week before the Open starts they have the qualifying matches. It's free; you just go out there and wander from court to court and see some of the hopefuls or some people who have slipped down the rankings and are trying to work their way back up. It's a great way to see a lot of live tennis up close without a big expenditure; you can really saturate yourself!

It's a very rich sport, endlessly fascinating. And constantly renewing itself with young players coming along.

Andi-M
09-03-2006, 04:03 PM
:wavey: Awww welcome to the sport French open 99 was my first time and have been hooked ever since :D you'll be the same tennis is addictive!

tennisfan92
09-10-2006, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the comments guys!

OMG I just watched the womens championship and all I can say is YEESSSS! My girl Maria WON :D w0000t w000t

HAHA. I know this is a mens tennis forum but damn! I don't care I am so happy about this. And when she won I jumped up from my seat and I had to hold in my happiness because everyone in my house was sleeping and I didn't want to wake anyone up and it felt like my heart was gonna EXPLODE! :D

That was so cool. And then I saw one of my favorite actors Jim Carrey was there and so was Ben Stiller and Donald Trump and I was surprised because I never knew tennis was such a huge sport like it really is. WOW! WOW! WOW! :worship: And all the actors go there! :D

And I am so happy for Maria because she is AWESOME! :D THANK YOU!

And now I can't wait to see the Mens championship tomorrow! I don't know what to say about who will win. Roddick or Federer. But I like them both! Roddick is cool and I like how he serves and Federer.. i mean come on.. you can't hate the guy. I didn't like him at first because he beat James Blake and I liked James Blake but then I was like.. hey this Federer guys is pretty good and that's not a cool reason for me to hate him. So now after I saw his game today against some other guy I started to like him a lot more.

So either way if Roddick or Federer wins I will be happy. But I just want to see a NICE GAME! Like a 5th set tie breaker and I will be able to die happy :D :D :worship:

HAHA! This sport is the best sport and I don't care what anyone says! :D ;) :) :worship:

P.S.: Congratulations MARIAAAAAA!!!!!!! :D :D :) :D

njnetswill
09-11-2006, 03:45 AM
Your ethusiasm is great.

I got into tennis during the French Open 2003. By the end of the year I knew most of the players in the top 100. :o :p

tennisfan92
09-11-2006, 10:20 PM
Your ethusiasm is great.

I got into tennis during the French Open 2003. By the end of the year I knew most of the players in the top 100. :o :p

That's awesome! I still can't believe what I've been missing all my life.

Roger Federer is awesome! They showed his stats and he has more championships than some of the best players around and he is only 25 years old so he has like at least another 10 years or more to shatter the records completely! He's amazing.

But now I've got a problem. Tennis is over and there is no more Tennis on TV :(

I feel like there is a big empty hole inside me that can only be filled by the rush and excitement of Tennis. I'm sad now that it's all over. What do you guys do at times like these?

When will I be able to watch Tennis again ? :confused:

RickDaStick
09-12-2006, 12:25 AM
You can watch USA-RUSSIA davis cup thats coming up soon on Outdoor Life Network and after you will have to wait till the year end championships and for that be prepared to get up at 5 am to watch live matches.

J. Corwin
09-12-2006, 01:12 AM
That's awesome! I still can't believe what I've been missing all my life.

Roger Federer is awesome! They showed his stats and he has more championships than some of the best players around and he is only 25 years old so he has like at least another 10 years or more to shatter the records completely! He's amazing.

But now I've got a problem. Tennis is over and there is no more Tennis on TV :(

I feel like there is a big empty hole inside me that can only be filled by the rush and excitement of Tennis. I'm sad now that it's all over. What do you guys do at times like these?

When will I be able to watch Tennis again ? :confused:

Unless you have TTC (The Tennis Channel), what IvanLjubicic said. ;)

tennisfan92
09-12-2006, 11:20 PM
Oh man, I just realized I don't have TTC :(

But I ahve to find out from my cable company how much it costs. It looks like a SWEEEEEET channel to have ;) :D

Thanks guys! :worship: