Agassi vs. Baghdatis [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Agassi vs. Baghdatis

BlakeorHenman
09-01-2006, 05:59 AM
Baggy was being moved side to side to side by agassi in almost every point and he moved fine. At the very least, he was not hampered by the injury he sustained at the end. I'm worried that people will think the injury gave Andre the match, but it was his own will and the crowd that gave it to him. It seemed as though Baghdatis was perfectly fine to me in those last few games.

Well-DESERVED win from Andre!!!

LleytonMonfils
09-01-2006, 06:01 AM
ha i'm sorry bro but you are a fucking idiot... it was obvious he wasn't faking for a few serves all he could barely do was block the ball back if he could even reach for it... the fact that baghdatis even stayed alive in that game was the fact agassi couldn't get a damn first serve in... faked it, give me a fucking break!

brent-o
09-01-2006, 06:03 AM
Do you even know how cramps work? They come and go. He was most definitely cramping badly when he fell on the ground and then got up and started working them out. But his muscles eventually loosened and he started moving better again in the last few games. I just don't see how you can say his injury was fake.

Regenbogen
09-01-2006, 06:05 AM
If he was faking it then he definitely threw away some points :rolleyes:

Allstar
09-01-2006, 06:06 AM
Cramp can come and go quite rapidy

It happened when he was stretching for a ball. He is hardly going to fake it when he cant take a medical timeout. He was struggling reaching the serves and whilst he was moving ok in some points I guess he was playing on through the pain when he got on top in the rally. There was one clear point where he could have made the ball if he didnt have cramp.

He would hardly then change his service action and throw in 2 double faults all in an attempt to put Agassi off.

LleytonMonfils
09-01-2006, 06:06 AM
if it was a cramp in his thigh those are ridiculously painful... i've had them in my legs after playing a 36 hole golf tournament in 105 degree heat (not enough fluids) and i'm telling you for him to be standing was a miracle!

tangerine_dream
09-01-2006, 06:07 AM
Look at Baghdatis' face during the points he was cramping and see the tears in his eyes. He wasn't faking anything.

soothsayer
09-01-2006, 06:08 AM
He was cramping. That doesn't mean Andre didn't deserve it. Fitness is part of tennis, and I guess Andre, who is 15 years older, was in better shape (or drank more fluids, etc.)

brent-o
if it was a cramp in his thigh those are ridiculously painful... i've had them in my legs after playing a 36 hole golf tournament in 105 degree heat (not enough fluids) and i'm telling you for him to be standing was a miracle!

I agree, I get bad cramps in my legs from time to time and I couldn't imagine playing at a match that way.

doublebackhand
the number of idiots on this board just amazes me.

zicofirol
09-01-2006, 06:09 AM
As I was watching the match I was thinking, "some idiot is going to say baghdatis was faking it" even though he literally gave points away.

Tennis Fool
Sounds like Baghman needs to hit the gym and bananas.

revolution
shame Murray hasn't had the fortune of seeing cramp go away as quickly as Marcos' cramp did :) He wasn't faking though.

BlakeorHenman
09-01-2006, 06:11 AM
Actually, I rescind my statement. What I meant to say was that... his ability to win the match was not hampered by the "injury".

Allstar
09-01-2006, 06:12 AM
shame Murray hasn't had the fortune of seeing cramp go away as quickly as Marcos' cramp did :) He wasn't faking though.

Murrays cramp signals game over :rolleyes:

Kalliopeia
09-01-2006, 06:17 AM
Man have you ever had the kind of cramps that actually bring you to the floor in pain? I have, and as much as they are pure agony, they go away within a few minutes, and tend to flare up again for awhile afterwards. They leave behind a pretty unpleasant ache

Marcos' behavior was entirely consistent with that. On the ground in pain, hopping around stretching, barely able to stand, and then he seemed to recover. But they kept coming back, though maybe not as badly as the first time. And after that he obviously wasn't moving as well. Andre was passing him with shots he was reaching before the cramps hit. At some points he just seemed to be sticking his racquet out and hoping to reach it without moving too much. Not to mention the double faults that were WAY out at the very end. And it still took Agassi a good long time to win that point. Mostly because I think Andre was hurting pretty bad by the end himself.

No way in hell he faked.

Turkeyballs Paco
09-01-2006, 06:19 AM
He was being moved side to side to side by agassi in almost every point and he moved fine. At the very least, he was not hampered by the injury he sustained. I'm worried that people will think the injury gave Andre the match, but it was his own will and the crowd that gave it to him. It seemed as though Baghdatis was perfectly fine to me in those last few games.

Well-DESERVED win from Andre!!!

are you on crack?

Sparko1030
09-01-2006, 06:20 AM
You're right, it does sound shitty :( .....That was real pain showing on his face.

*Viva Chile*
09-01-2006, 06:20 AM
the number of idiots on this board just amazes me.
You're not alone with your opinion ;)

buddyholly
09-01-2006, 06:24 AM
As I was watching the match I was thinking, "some idiot is going to say baghdatis was faking it" even though he literally gave points away.

That's nothing. Coria gave a whole set away at RG, but it didn't work for him either.

BlakeorHenman
09-01-2006, 06:25 AM
so no one noticed my correction to my own post??? It was just hard for me to believe that Baghdatis was actually hurting when he was winning the points he won in the last few games. For a second I thought he was totally faking it to psyche Andre out but now I see, from furthur inspection, that this was not an example of Coria-Gaudio in the 04 French final.

Turkeyballs Paco
09-01-2006, 06:26 AM
Actually, I rescind my statement. What I meant to say was that... his ability to win the match was not hampered by the "injury".

Oh, no I guess you're just on dope.

stupid troll thread. it's past your bed-time, kids. you want to be fresh for your 4th grade schoolday tomorrow. if you're not careful, those mean boys will give you a mushroom wedgie and stuff you in that locker again. :p

Turkeyballs Paco
09-01-2006, 06:28 AM
so no one noticed my correction to my own post??? It was just hard for me to believe that Baghdatis was actually hurting when he was winning the points he won in the last few games. For a second I thought he was totally faking it to psyche Andre out but now I see, from furthur inspection, that this was not an example of Coria-Gaudio in the 04 French final.

your "correction" to your "post" sounded a little bit trolly to me. so, no you are not forgiven. :p

BlakeorHenman
09-01-2006, 06:29 AM
Oh, no I guess you're just on dope.

stupid troll thread. it's past your bed-time, kids. you want to be fresh for your 4th grade schoolday tomorrow. if you're not careful, those mean boys will give you a mushroom wedgie and stuff you in that locker again. :p

Hmmm... i dont like you. I was actually trying to be subjective, but oviously you're an asshole.

Sparko1030
09-01-2006, 06:30 AM

Uh, you may want to change the thread title then.... ;) Kinda rubs Marcos fans the wrong way for some reason.

BlakeorHenman
09-01-2006, 06:31 AM
your "correction" to your "post" sounded a little bit trolly to me. so, no you are not forgiven. :p

Ooooooohhh, I was right. You ARE an Asshole!!!!!!!!

BlakeorHenman
09-01-2006, 06:31 AM
Uh, you may want to change the thread title then.... ;) Kinda rubs Marcos fans the wrong way for some reason.

I understand and... will do...

robinhood
09-01-2006, 06:32 AM

Then you've got to change the title of this thread.
People are impatient.
Many of them read the first post and post their own reply, skipping the middle part sometimes.

Anyways, I am a bit disappointed that you even questioned Baggy's injury.
Has he ever tried to pull something like that before?
From what I've watched, he is all heart and game.

BlakeorHenman
09-01-2006, 06:34 AM
Then you've got to change the title of this thread.
People are impatient.
Many of them read the first post and post their own reply, skipping the middle part sometimes.

Anyways, I am a bit disappointed that you even questioned Baggy's injury.
Has he ever tried to pull something like that before?
From what I've watched, he is all heart and game.

I'm not a Baghdatis freak. I always liked him, but never followed him to the extent that I knew every aspect of his personality. I don't think anyone has. Anyway, I'm relatively new to MTF and dont know how to change the thread title... so tell me how and I will.

nobama
09-01-2006, 06:35 AM
No way he was faking, not the way he was throwing in df's there at the end.

Turkeyballs Paco
09-01-2006, 06:38 AM
Hmmm... i dont like you. I was actually trying to be subjective, but oviously you're an asshole.

:) trying to be subjective? riiiiight. :p

hey, if you play those games you'd better have some thicker skin around here. you mess around with people and don't want to be messed with back? you make me laugh. :)

BlakeorHenman
09-01-2006, 06:40 AM
:) trying to be subjective? riiiiight. :p

hey, if you play those games you'd better have some thicker skin around here. you mess around with people and don't want to be messed with back? you make me laugh. :)

Oh, yeah, I'm so offended by what you said... my skin is so non-thick...

I'm gonna cry myself to sleep tonight...

EDIT: Read my posts. I've always wanted to be subjective. In a moment of non-subjectiveness, at least I admitted it and want to be fair.

robinhood
09-01-2006, 06:41 AM
I'm not a Baghdatis freak. I always liked him, but never followed him to the extent that I knew every aspect of his personality. I don't think anyone has. Anyway, I'm relatively new to MTF and dont know how to change the thread title... so tell me how and I will.

Edit your very first post, the one that launched the thread.
You can change the title there. :wavey:

Kalliopeia
09-01-2006, 06:43 AM

Well I for one was typing my own response at the time you were probably posting yours. Anyway, I disagree that it didn't affect his ability to win. There were points that he should have been able to run down balls but obviously simply could not move to do it. Those were shots he'd been reaching all night. And the double faults in his last service game, too. Those were huge, waaay out, and not typical of him at all.

Which is not to say that Andre didn't deserve the win. He didn't seem to be moving very easily himself at the end, yet he played brilliantly. But Marcos was on fire, and I think he had a very high chance of winning until the cramping.

Being a long time Agassi fan and a relatively new Marcos fan, this match was torture for me.

Turkeyballs Paco
09-01-2006, 06:45 AM
Oh, yeah, I'm so offended by what you said... my skin is so non-thick...

I'm gonna cry myself to sleep tonight...

EDIT: Read my posts. I've always wanted to be subjective. In a moment of non-subjectiveness, at least I admitted it and want to be fair.

excuse me? I did read your posts. you rescinded the statement and then put the word INJURY in quotes, indicating you still considered it as faking. am I the only one who understood it that way? sorry, I don't know you or anything, but I figure you're the sort of person who makes this place annoying. Hey, I could be wrong. But who cares?

BlakeorHenman
09-01-2006, 06:48 AM
excuse me? I did read your posts. you rescinded the statement and then put the word INJURY in quotes, indicating you still considered it as faking. am I the only one who understood it that way? sorry, I don't know you or anything, but I figure you're the sort of person who makes this place annoying. Hey, I could be wrong. But who cares?

Yeah. you are wrong. But then again, you are right - Who cares?

BlakeorHenman
09-01-2006, 06:52 AM
Sweetie, don't you mean that you're always trying to be objective?

Congratulations on reading my thoughts. Good job! I thought only Gods couyld do that. But obviously I was wrong!!!

Turkeyballs Paco
09-01-2006, 06:54 AM
I was wrong!!!

exactly. thank you for finally admitting it. you are now forgiven. :devil:

ps. don't you know when you're being messed with? it's all good.

BlakeorHenman
09-01-2006, 06:56 AM
exactly. thank you for finally admitting it. you are now forgiven. :devil:

ps. don't you know when you're being messed with? it's all good.

Actually, I don't care. It doesn't bother me to be wrong.

EDIT: Maybe I actually DONT know when I'm being messed with. Font rarely conveys sarcasm or rational thought.

Turkeyballs Paco
09-01-2006, 06:57 AM
Actually, I don't care. It doesn't bother me to be wrong. I'm not a total nutcase.

now that i have pissed you off, I can go to bed. thanks for the fun. :wavey:

partygirl
09-01-2006, 06:58 AM
Pretty much explains it-No way he was faking, not the way he was throwing in df's there at the end.

BlakeorHenman
09-01-2006, 06:58 AM
now that i have pissed you off, I can go to bed. thanks for the fun. :wavey:

Again, I corrected myself. Sorry.