dave nz
09-01-2006, 03:20 AM
Bombers for me tonight :

Essendon +18.5 over WB-------------0.6 of a unit

gl

dave

bossboss
09-01-2006, 03:39 AM
careful about Essendon.. they may lose Jason Akermanis (draft pick ) if they win tonight.

Added Link

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,20321098-11088,00.html

dave nz
09-01-2006, 03:53 AM
Thanks mate that was a very good read. The good old tanking it for draft picks in the AFL. There needs to be a change IMO the current system ain't right.

Still like my play tonight however.

Bolar Bolabi
09-01-2006, 03:57 AM
Essendon will give us a high draft pick and a player for Jason Akermanis.

Bolar Bolabi
09-01-2006, 03:58 AM
Jason Akermanis still has a year to run on his contract. If a suitable trade doesn't come up, we could be bastards and legally make him fulfill it without playing next year and being stuck on the sidelines.

Bolar Bolabi
09-01-2006, 04:00 AM
Bulldogs ML @ $1.39

Losing money on Soderling and probably Agassi, I am going the safe option.

Might parlay it with Sydney in netball

andrew057
09-01-2006, 06:02 PM
If a suitable trade doesn't come up, we could be bastards and legally make him fulfill it without playing next year and being stuck on the sidelines.

Would NEVER happen.

Bolar Bolabi
09-01-2006, 08:17 PM
Bulldogs were easily going to win. A little profit is better than no profit.

Bolar Bolabi
09-02-2006, 03:06 AM
Well here we go.

Melbourne @ $1.72 and -6.5 @ $1.91 - Adelaide are gone.

My bet of the round.

Brisbane +33.5 @ $1.91

Tonight we may see one of the best, if not the best players of the last 15 years depart the game. That will be enough for Brisbane to try their hearts out. They played well against Eagles and played well against Sydney. Not only that, it is Brad Scott's last game.

We played Saints last year in round 22 and got clobbered - but that was in Melbourne. I remember we played the Saints many years ago in Round 22 at the Gabba when it was Andrew Bews's last game. We got over them by a point.

The emotion will ride tonight. They will play for their skipper. They will give it their all for their skipper. Even if Voss doesn't retire, it's his last game as captain and with what he has done with Brisbane being captain, being flogged is not the way the team would want to reward him.

There will be a lot of emotion at the Gabba tonight and that should guide Brisbane.

With that said, I'm taking Brisbane straight out @ $5.75 aswell.

Fremantle -29.5 @ $1.91 - Fremantle are the real deal. Should get up.

bad gambler
09-02-2006, 03:15 AM
Just the one for the arvo for me...

Crows to beat Demons - $2.15

good luck

Bolar Bolabi
09-02-2006, 03:17 AM
What the hell has made you choose the Crows?

bad gambler
09-02-2006, 03:28 AM
What the hell has made you choose the Crows?

*Winning momentum leading into the finals is key - Craig has publicly stated how desperate the Crows will be today regardless of the fact that on face value they have nothing to play for - losing 4 of the last 5 is not momentum.
* Outside chance of being minor premiers - personally I think the Tigers are a huge chance to roll the EGirls today given players like Embley and Kerr are rested and fact that they have been travelling all over the country over the past few weeks.
*Crows have owned the Dees at AAMI for over 5 years now - they just don't play the ground well.
* Every man and his dog are on the Dees today - books have set this line for a reason, should have been more like Dees paying $1.40 IMO. Bit of bait for people to take.

Oh and the Swans are making the top 4, so need the Dees to lose since Freo won't lose to Port ;)

This reminds me of the Crows v Eagles game a month and a half ago where the Eagles were huge dogs at home - when either the Eagles or Crows are listed as home dogs, I feel obligated to hit them S/U based on value alone.

Should be a good game.

Bolar Bolabi
09-02-2006, 03:35 AM
Can't argue with that BG.

Melbourne also don't play AAMI well. Looks like I may be in trouble.

Anyway adding

Richmond +5.5 @ $1.91

belco
09-02-2006, 07:12 AM
Just the one for the arvo for me...

Crows to beat Demons - $2.15

good luck

i decided to follow u and so far so good ;)

2nd afl bet of the year.. i got no idea what im doing in afl :lol:

bad gambler
09-02-2006, 07:43 AM
lol belco, a Victorian who is clueless on AFL - now I have heard it all ;)

belco
09-02-2006, 07:59 AM
lol belco, a Victorian who is clueless on AFL - now I have heard it all ;)

hehe
and im a wog who is clueless on soccer too :) only tennis for me...

played tennis with sister today and i kissed the ground so hard... leg hurts badly lol

sports freak
09-02-2006, 10:34 PM
3 games remaining for the season,looks like BG's Swans will get their way into the top 4,congrats mate!!

Top 4 will be Wst/Adel/Freo/Swans!!Still think the West Coast will take it out,although the Dockers are playing with incredible CONFIDENCE,Finals are man on man stuff n they're run wont be as effecient but geez there are some freakish pace in that team!!!

Leans 2day - Thinking of me Hawks to do damage to those Cats,Pies in a walk over aswell as Sydney!!!

dave nz
09-03-2006, 01:52 AM
A pair for me :

Geelong -6.5 over Hawthorn---------------1 unit

Kangaroos +28.5 over Collingwood------------0.8 of a unit

gl

dave

Bolar Bolabi
09-03-2006, 02:05 AM
Kangaroos +28.5

Hawthorn +6.5

dave nz
09-03-2006, 02:05 AM
Add : Carlton +43.5, 0.4 of a unit.

Bolar Bolabi
09-15-2006, 02:40 PM
Would NEVER happen.

Actually it's highly possible.

If a suitable trade doesn't help both teams, particularly the Lions, Aker will be staying in QLD. He may not neccessarily play for us, but he will stay on our list. Ricky Olarenshaw, Aka's manager has already backed it up. If a trade doesn't occur, Akermanis will be staying put. The Lions are the ones in charge, not Akermanis. If clubs aren't going to offer us anything substantial, Akermanis is staying in QLD