Robredo Drinking the Right Stuff? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Robredo Drinking the Right Stuff?

LleytonMonfils
08-31-2006, 09:32 PM
Anyone see the Robredo match highlight where he lost the first set, then took a gulp of a fan's drink... only to go on and win the next 3 sets... what do you think the mystery drink was?

Scotso
08-31-2006, 09:34 PM
Feli's love juice.

Naranoc
08-31-2006, 09:35 PM
:lol:

alelysafina
08-31-2006, 09:40 PM
Feli's love juice.
:haha: :haha:

Pfloyd
08-31-2006, 10:03 PM
na, he was taking liquid ecstasy

smucav
08-31-2006, 10:07 PM
http://usopen.blogs.nytimes.com/?p=63August 31, 2006, 2:02 pm
Hold the Fries, Amigo
By Michael Kimmelman
The Art of Tennis - Michael Kimmelman

I am sitting in the Grandstand players’ box during the match between the Spaniard Tommy Robredo and the South Korean Hyung-Taik Lee. As a rule, the higher-ranked the player, the larger and better-looking the rooting section. Robredo is in the stratosphere at No. 5 in the world.

So you can imagine.

Mostly, Robredo’s Team (that is literally printed on the back of the chartreuse T-shirt of one member) chats among itself. There is also some flirting with a stupendous young Swedish woman two seats away, and the occasional “Vamos.” Then in the midst of a tight match (one set apiece, on serve in the third) from the far end of the court, Robredo calls out a food order. He wants a large Coke with ice and a chocolate chip cookie. The guy with the T-shirt leaves a brunette, and hustles from the box.

He returns a couple of games later (I presume the lines at the concession stand must have been long — and by the way, it’s only Pepsi here, no Coke). Robredo strolls over to their seats in the middle of the game, takes a sip but declines the cookie.

It helps. He breaks Lee, wins the set, and then the match: 6-3, 3-6, 6-4, 6-1.

loret
08-31-2006, 11:24 PM
I was at the match and Tommy suddenly took a drink from a friend. He had previously taken some sort of medicine from the trainer. Perhaps upset stomach? Carbonation tends to settle the stomach...

Saumon
08-31-2006, 11:53 PM
I was at the match and Tommy suddenly took a drink from a friend. He had previously taken some sort of medicine from the trainer. Perhaps upset stomach? Carbonation tends to settle the stomach...
guess who else has stomach problems... *cough*rafa*cough* :aplot:

Scotso
09-01-2006, 12:17 AM
:haha: :haha:

Yes, and considering how Feli played today, apparently Tommy stole it all. :o :tape:

It doesn't work for Feli because he's the producer.... but it's definitely why Ferrer, Robredo, and Nadal have been performing so well lately.

Neely
09-01-2006, 02:25 AM
I didn't see the scene, but people say he drank something of a fan's drink? Who he didn't know? Wow! Because many athletes don't take anything of which they don't know the origin exactly, also because some ingrediants could give you troubles.
But maybe he rated the chance it could be harmful for him so low that he took the risk ;)

RickDaStick
09-01-2006, 02:29 AM
it was someone from his box and not a stranger

Neely
09-01-2006, 02:47 AM
it was someone from his box and not a stranger
Thanks for telling me! From only reading "from a fan's drink" I really thought it was a stranger :lol:

Now it makes more sense ;)

neenah
09-01-2006, 03:48 AM
smucav, in the quote in your message it said the score was 6-3, 3-6, 6-4, 6-1. (In the last line) But it was 3-6, 6-3, 6-4, 6-1.

I was at the match but I left before the described incident happened I think, because I don't remember it and I left during the second set!

alexbayen
09-01-2006, 06:05 AM
I saw Robredo for the first time on TV. He seems really gay(in a very manly sort of way). What's the deal with him? He's got a girl?

~EMiLiTA~
09-01-2006, 06:13 AM
he has problems getting up early for matches and can't eat much early in the mornings so he didn't eat anything properly before this match...so after a while he started feeling sick and getting a headache, so he needed some food/drink quickly

Action Jackson
09-01-2006, 07:32 AM
If he was an Argentine and took a drink from someone, he'd have failed a drug test.

uglyamerican
09-01-2006, 07:37 AM
He's taking the endorsement game into his own hands, so he won't have to cry like Ljuby.

~EMiLiTA~
09-01-2006, 07:50 AM
If he was an Argentine and took a drink from someone, he'd have failed a drug test.

hahahaha i was thinking the same thing

connectolove
09-01-2006, 08:37 AM
I saw Robredo for the first time on TV. He seems really gay(in a very manly sort of way). What's the deal with him? He's got a girl?

:rolleyes: gay???? why gay? he is European, maybe that's it ... you know, more gentle ... but really good in bed.

He is married and has a kid.

connectolove
09-01-2006, 08:40 AM
:rolleyes: gay???? why gay? he is European, maybe that's it ... you know, more gentle ... but really good in bed.

In fact, Robredo is a VERY preppy (and conservative) kinda guy and he tries hard to conceal it.

alexbayen
09-01-2006, 08:00 PM
You sure he's married? Never heard of his wife or girlfriend.

Preppy? You kidding me. that dude is not preppy.

But he's hot.

In fact, Robredo is a VERY preppy (and conservative) kinda guy and he tries hard to conceal it.

GugaRocksMySocks
09-01-2006, 08:06 PM
Hey does anybody know if there is a picture of him sitting eating his cookie??? I really really want a picture of it (sad but true) so if anybody happens to stumble across it on any tennis pages or whatever i'd really like to see it. Let me know :D

Neverstopfightin
09-01-2006, 08:16 PM

So Tommy got marry one of the brazilian girls he met at Hamburg :scratch: :lol:

And the mother of his kid is Maria Antonia Sanchez Lorenzo ? :rolls:

takuma
09-01-2006, 09:36 PM
Hi hi..so it looks like this brasilian beauty came to see him eventually.. ;) A quicky wedding and even more quicky baby...it didn't even take them full 3 months. Fast as a lightning those brasilian chix are!

Regenbogen
09-01-2006, 09:44 PM
Hi hi..so it looks like this brasilian beauty came to see him eventually.. ;) A quicky wedding and even more quicky baby...it didn't even take them full 3 months. Fast as a lightning those brasilian chix are!
:rolls:

ShimSham
09-02-2006, 12:35 AM
:eek:
So Tommy got marry one of the brazilian girls he met at Hamburg :scratch: :lol:

And the mother of his kid is Maria Antonia Sanchez Lorenzo ? :rolls:

:lol:

Tommy Robredo's ATP Blog from Hamburgh. Monday, May 15, 2006

As you might know I broke up with Gisela Dulko, who I dated for one year. Tonight I am going to try to arrange a dinner with the Brazilian girls we met last night. I like being in good company!

So was Tommy married with kids while he was dating Gisela? ;)

:haha: