Gasquet def Simon 6-0 6-2 6-3 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Gasquet def Simon 6-0 6-2 6-3

richie21
08-31-2006, 07:50 PM
well done Richie :)
now perhaps you'll face F.Lopez again after the Gstaad final.......keep on going ,Richie

lucashg
08-31-2006, 07:54 PM
Allez! Good win and score! Keep it up in R3! :D

Bad luck, Gilles. :(

rofe
08-31-2006, 07:56 PM
Good win Richie! Should bode well for his confidence. Anyone want to provide a summary of the match?

silverwhite
08-31-2006, 07:58 PM
I've heard contradictory reports about this match. Vialator said after the first set that Simon was horrible while DanielaFrenchFan said that Richard was very strong. :scratch:

DrJules
08-31-2006, 07:59 PM
Does he play Ivan next :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh I forgot Ivan lost.

richie21
08-31-2006, 08:00 PM
I've heard contradictory reports about this match. Vialator said after the first set that Simon was horrible while DanielaFrenchFan said that Richard was very strong. :scratch:

well when you take a bagel,you can rarely say that you played well so..... :o

Cristine
08-31-2006, 08:02 PM
Great job Richie! :yeah:

(6-0 :lol: )

vincayou
08-31-2006, 08:06 PM
Richard choose the option 'long rallies' during most of the match, waiting for Simon to make errors. I thought it was strange considering Simon likes this kind od rallies where noone takes risk.

But Gasquet was very solid and Simon too often made a mistake first.

Simon is a sort of Murray with less power. He could have done better had he come more often to the net (Gasquet was often 10 yards behind the baseline so the option was a good one) but when he went there he lost most of the time and I understood why he wasn't coming more often : he's not very good at the net.

Good strategy then from richie but a boring one for those watching it. He did the odd flashy point here and there but not too often.
When he was facing a break point, Richie was playing more agressively and successfully, reason why games were often close but match ended up in a harsh scoreline for Simon.

Richie was way better, and didn't come out of 1st gear to win this.

The match was boring.

Regenbogen
08-31-2006, 08:17 PM
YAY RICHE :D :D

Too bad for Simon though, I like him too :sad:

musefanatic
08-31-2006, 08:19 PM
Well done Richard :) Scoreline seems a bit painful for Simon :sad:

Scotso
08-31-2006, 08:22 PM
Pathetic, Gilles :rolleyes: :sad:

Havok
08-31-2006, 08:24 PM
Allez Richie!!:banana:. Continue the strong form :drive:.

knight_ley
08-31-2006, 08:40 PM
:aparty:

bellascarlett
08-31-2006, 08:44 PM
Gasquet! :D Keep it up!!!

fadou
08-31-2006, 08:44 PM
congrats richie :)
simon, sorry! good luck for the next time

Deea
08-31-2006, 09:41 PM
Wow, Richie was in a hurry! :p :p

delsa
08-31-2006, 10:57 PM
Richard choose the option 'long rallies' during most of the match, waiting for Simon to make errors. I thought it was strange considering Simon likes this kind od rallies where noone takes risk.

Simon is a sort of Murray with less power. He could have done better had he come more often to the net (Gasquet was often 10 yards behind the baseline so the option was a good one) but when he went there he lost most of the time and I understood why he wasn't coming more often : he's not very good at the net.

Good strategy then from richie but a boring one for those watching it. He did the odd flashy point here and there but not too often.
When he was facing a break point, Richie was playing more agressively and successfully, reason why games were often close but match ended up in a harsh scoreline for Simon.

The match was boring.

Listen to both their interviews on the FFT's USO following site and you'll get everything about their tactics, how they works and how boring this match was... Gasquet did it on purpose and Simon was completely off..."Balles cotoneuses" was his expression... I'm glad i didn't watch this match...

Halba
08-31-2006, 11:17 PM
nice clean match from Richie. no energy wasted. now move on to R3 he has a nobody to face

neenah
09-01-2006, 02:42 AM
I was at the match, it was fun to watch even though I could tell Gasquet was going to win. He played well :)

lucashg
09-01-2006, 02:49 AM

The match was boring.

Thanks for the report.

:o He's been doing that too often for my taste. But at least he seems to know when he's got to be more aggressive.