so nadal has a problem with power play.... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

so nadal has a problem with power play....

supersexynadal
08-31-2006, 07:09 PM
Almost every match hes lost this year he was troubled by power play and flat shots. Blake, federer on grass and today against horna. He was also struggling against querry in cincy...Any thoughts?

DDrago2
08-31-2006, 07:46 PM
He doesn't look like that

RedFury
08-31-2006, 08:03 PM
Almost every match hes lost this year he was troubled by power play and flat shots. Blake, federer on grass and today against horna. He was also struggling against querry in cincy...Any thoughts?

Yeah. I'll take a double whopper,cheese, mayo, ketchup, hold the pickles and onions, large fries and a supersized DC.

Thanks.

connectolove
08-31-2006, 08:07 PM
Bueeeenooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

The TV commentator was actually saying that he is a more mature kinda playa, not an out of gasssss one.

Anyhow, let´s see how far he gets....

supersexynadal
08-31-2006, 08:27 PM
Red Fury if u wanna post idiotic comments like that start ur own forum :o WHATS OUR PROBLEM? I started this thread because i made a double thread for 'nadal defeated horna' so i edited the title and I LIKE IT. What a bitch

Sjengster
08-31-2006, 08:44 PM
My only observation would be that Horna doesn't play that flat, he has plenty of spin on his shots, which helped him sustain longer rallies but perhaps sacrificed some of the penetration that, say, Blake achieved last year a round later. But power players trouble Nadal, this is hardly something new.

supersexynadal
08-31-2006, 08:55 PM
My only observation would be that Horna doesn't play that flat, he has plenty of spin on his shots, which helped him sustain longer rallies but perhaps sacrificed some of the penetration that, say, Blake achieved last year a round later. But power players trouble Nadal, this is hardly something new.

Horna doesnt play with full of spin or completely flat. He played 2 excellent ames in a row (one of tem in breaking nadals serve) and in both those games most of his shots were VERY close to the baseline. the thing is nadal can fix it but i just dont get y he dosnt want to stand more inside the baseline and stop plaing defensively:confused: Also, more winners

Pfloyd
08-31-2006, 08:59 PM
Dosent power play bother every player? Maybe Federer the best at neutralizing power hitter, but besides him....

RedFury
08-31-2006, 09:20 PM
Red Fury if u wanna post idiotic comments like that start ur own forum :o WHATS OUR PROBLEM? I started this thread because i made a double thread for 'nadal defeated horna' so i edited the title and I LIKE IT. What a bitch

Oh, oh!....some onion rings too. To go.

Thanx again.

RedFury
08-31-2006, 09:26 PM
On message: a power player, on a good day, has a better chance of defeating anyone than does a counterpuncher and/or retreiver.

See Roddick in the good old days -- which may be back again.

Nadal really doesn't fit into any one category. Kid's game is built on physical effort, but he's also got all the strokes and is becoming more powerful by the day. Perchance he needs to become a tad more agressive on fast surfaces. Certainly his net-play is highly underated; just look at his percentages after every match.

Oh, what's my order come to? ;)

ChloeLove
08-31-2006, 09:37 PM
Well, most players have problems with power play, it just makes the match a bit more difficult. Horna is also a clay courter, so his balls had some spin on them. Other than that, Horna wasn't THAT much trouble for Nadal, he just managed to take him to one extra set.

atpSUPERMAN
08-31-2006, 10:37 PM
Blake is ranked 5, Federer is ranked 1. Nadal will lose to top players now and then. Its not about power though, just quality. Nadal plays power players every 3rd match and thrashes them.

Havok
08-31-2006, 10:46 PM
It's nothing new that Nadal has trouble vs powrful opponents on surfaces other than clay.:shrug:

Action Jackson
09-01-2006, 07:36 AM
This assumption is as new as the Earth spins around the Sun.

connectolove
09-01-2006, 07:42 AM
It's nothing new that Nadal has trouble vs powrful opponents on surfaces other than clay.:shrug:

I agree, he will have to develop other talents.

tripb19
09-01-2006, 09:24 AM
This assumption is as new as the Earth spins around the Sun.
The Earth spins around the Sun?!?!?!?!?!!?

I thought it spun around Andy Roddick.

Action Jackson
09-01-2006, 09:25 AM
The Earth spins around the Sun?!?!?!?!?!!?

I thought it spun around Andy Roddick.

You are shattering my dreams booooooooooooooooooo.