Another US Open prediction thread... come on, you know they're fun! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Another US Open prediction thread... come on, you know they're fun!

BlakeorHenman
08-31-2006, 04:43 PM
R16

Fed d Ferrero
Blake d. Berdych
Haas d. Safin
Murray d. Davydenko
Roddick d. Baghdatis
Fish d. Gasquet
Soderling d. Youzhny
Nadal d. Novak

QF

Federer d. Blake (5 sets)
Murray d. Haas (4 sets)
Roddick vs. Fish (3 sets)
Nadal d. Soderling (4 sets)

SF

Federer d. Murray (3 sets)
Roddick d. Nadal (4 sets)

F

Federer d. Roddick (5 sets)

What do you guys think?

MurrayFan1
08-31-2006, 04:51 PM
I think Novak will beat Fish. It looks a pretty strong QF list though, I can't be bothered to go through the draw to do one of my own though haha. I'd so laugh if it was that exact same draw in the actual tournement though haha.

BlakeorHenman
08-31-2006, 04:55 PM
I think Novak will beat Fish. It looks a pretty strong QF list though, I can't be bothered to go through the draw to do one of my own though haha. I'd so laugh if it was that exact same draw in the actual tournement though haha.

Novak won't play Fish unless he beats Nadal in round four and wins his QF.

MurrayFan1
08-31-2006, 05:14 PM
Haha, I meant Djokovic. Isn't his first name Novak?

Breakdown
08-31-2006, 05:24 PM
;)
I'l try:
QF
Federer :worship: df Blake
Safin :angel: df Davydenko
Marcos df anyone
Nadal :devil: df anyone

Ivanatis
08-31-2006, 05:29 PM
I think that Fish will fail much earlier, he sucked a lot against Greul, didn'T seem very fit.

I hope that Tursunov will be able to advance against Berdych before and also against Blake, but we'll see.

Murray is way overrated in here. I don't see him winning more than one set against Haas (or Ginepri, who is the bigger danger for Tommy, i think).

And I don't see Roddick winning two sets in a possible final against Roger, one maybe.

the rest is fine:)

BlakeorHenman
08-31-2006, 05:54 PM
I think that Fish will fail much earlier, he sucked a lot against Greul, didn'T seem very fit.

I hope that Tursunov will be able to advance against Berdych before and also against Blake, but we'll see.

Murray is way overrated in here. I don't see him winning more than one set against Haas (or Ginepri, who is the bigger danger for Tommy, i think).

And I don't see Roddick winning two sets in a possible final against Roger, one maybe.

the rest is fine:)

Also hoping Tursunov will come through, but Berdych has been so consistent at the slams.

I think this tournament is Fish's breakthrough. Djokovic seems awfully unfit, and hasnt had good results for a few weeks now. I think Mardy looks pretty good in that one.

Murray isn't so easy to defend, but with Gilbert along and plenty of rest between matches, I think he can beat Tommy, who god knows will probably have to retire from the match. Hasn't he retired like 3 or 4 times this year?

I will stand by my Roddick prediction, although a tight four sets might be a little more likely. I think Andy will come out rarin' and win the first set, then stick with it to get maybe the third or fourth.

DrJules
08-31-2006, 07:53 PM
R16

Fed d Ferrero
Blake d. Berdych No - Berdych win
Haas d. Safin
Murray d. Davydenko
Roddick d. Baghdatis
Fish d. Gasquet No - Gasquet win
Soderling d. Youzhny
Nadal d. Novak

QF

Federer d. Blake (5 sets) Agree - defeating Berdych
Murray d. Haas (4 sets)
Roddick vs. Fish (3 sets) Agree - defeating Gasquet
Nadal d. Soderling (4 sets)

SF

Federer d. Murray (3 sets)
Roddick d. Nadal (4 sets) - reluctantly agree: Nadal will ouplay Roddick, but the serve will keep him in the match to win it.

F

Federer d. Roddick (5 sets) Agree - 4 sets

What do you guys think?

Murray reaching semi-final would not surprise me.