Wondering why this year US Open broadcast is so BAD?? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Wondering why this year US Open broadcast is so BAD??

Toppu
08-31-2006, 11:40 AM
Having heard that most of us here don't seem to be pleased with the live broadcast of the US Open. Me neither, on UBC cable TV here in BKK, it's more than bad. You cannot view a match from the very first point to the end because they will switch to so many courts and stay there for few games then come back to the match on Arthur Ashe. Sometime later during changeover they also switch to another court for 1 point then let viewers see Nalbandian sitting during a break for 5 seconds and get back to Arthur Ashe. This happens again and again. I really have no idea what the broadcastor is doing. :confused: Maybe they just try to let me see as many matches as possible. The idea is quite disgusting. Tennis is fun when we see those turning points of the match. And you never know when it will happen. There is no chance for viewers to see that if they switch from courts to courts like this. I'm so sick of this year live broadcast.

The point is can we do something ?? I did send an email to USTA regarding this bad experience and their answer was "I'll send comments to those who's responsible."

Maxpowers
08-31-2006, 04:18 PM
That's usually how it is during the early rounds. If a feature match is 1 sided or boring they jump around to get people caught up with what's going on with the other courts. It gets better in the second week.

Seneca
08-31-2006, 05:13 PM
Actually I prefer to see a bit of action from many different matches. A 5th set between some relatively well-known players should always be of a higher priority than a 1st round shellacking by Federer. I'm thinking about matches in the Calleri-Moya / Grosjean-Johansson category.

boliviana
08-31-2006, 05:40 PM
In all fairness to the broadcasters, the weather is wreaking havoc with them. Tuesday was really bad here and the forecast for tomorrow afternoon through the weekend is worse (Ernesto is coming). I don't think they know what to do . . . and the early matches have been pretty routine, boring, etc . . . they can't help the draw. And if you think it's bad now, wait until Saturday and Sunday . . . we will be watching Billie Jean King from 1970 . . . if the forecast holds, it's gonna be bad.