Finally DirecTV Does Something For Tennis Fans [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Finally DirecTV Does Something For Tennis Fans

08-30-2006, 11:21 PM
DirecTV in connection with the USA Channel now have what they call a mix. The regular USA Channel jumps around from Match to Match. But you go to Channel 680 on DirecTV and it shows you a number of Matches that you can watch completely--no changing to other Matches :yippee: You just go to the Channel that Match is on. Right now they are giving users the ability to use the mix free. That lasts until Sept 1st. It was started at the 1st of the U.S. Open, but I didn't know they were offering it free until today. After the 1st of Sept. you will need an interactive receiver and if you get this receiver then you can see all the U.S. Open as I explained above :woohoo:

lalaland
08-30-2006, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm still on Comcast. But knowing so much good stuffs happening on Direct TV, like they carry Tennis channel and now they have sort of USO package, that's just great. I think I should definitely switch sooner rather than later.

mishagirl
08-30-2006, 11:27 PM
wait, so this only lasts til the 1st of September? whats an interactive reciever?

im loving directv's coverage, it seems like theres so much to choose from.

rofe
08-30-2006, 11:32 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm still on Comcast. But knowing so much good stuffs happening on Direct TV, like they carry Tennis channel and now they have sort of USO package, that's just great. I think I should definitely switch sooner rather than later.

DirectTV does not carry The Tennis Channel. Dish network does.

El Legenda
08-30-2006, 11:33 PM
there was a thread about this about 5days ago :wavey:

mrserenawilliams
08-30-2006, 11:56 PM
I LOVE IT! :bounce:

lalaland
08-31-2006, 12:51 AM
DirectTV does not carry The Tennis Channel. Dish network does.

They don't. Oh, thanks for telling me. I mix up the 2 satelite company. Oh well, so if you want French, you get Dish, if you want USO (the extended coverage), you get Direct TV...They dont want to make it easy for tennis fans, no?!

lordmanji
08-31-2006, 03:13 AM
im w/ directv and i get the usopen mix as well. its a definite bonus. you get five additional channels, one of the same match as on usa but w/ different commentary and the others w/ matches on louis armstrong, the grand stand and other courts. you also at the push of a button have access to live scoreboards for mens, womens, and doubles matches. my one petpeeve is that the channels don't have scoring graphics and only two have commentary. still, this is a great extra for tennis fans.

TenHound
08-31-2006, 03:19 AM
This sounds very dangerous, as though it's the prelude to regular pay cable channels being used to feed you into a system forcing you to pay even more to see tennis. Since it already costs ~$700/yr to get cable to see it, that's a vile scam.

case
08-31-2006, 03:47 AM
i love it.
just wish they would do it for the australian open.

personally, i like not hearing the commentary, but i do think they could put up more scores.

Fee
08-31-2006, 04:00 AM
And the Brits are laughing at us, because they've had interactive cable and five courts from the BBC for about 3-4 years now right?

Hopefully Dish network will pick this up soon, then it's bye bye Comcast, hello tennis heaven...

08-31-2006, 07:59 PM
wait, so this only lasts til the 1st of September? whats an interactive reciever?

im loving directv's coverage, it seems like theres so much to choose from.
You call DirecTV, if that is where you get your TV from, and tell them you want an interactive receiver. They tell you the price and if you want one it is shipped to you.

08-31-2006, 08:02 PM
This sounds very dangerous, as though it's the prelude to regular pay cable channels being used to feed you into a system forcing you to pay even more to see tennis. Since it already costs ~$700/yr to get cable to see it, that's a vile scam.
DirecTV is not cable it is satellite TV.

08-31-2006, 08:04 PM
there was a thread about this about 5days ago :wavey:
Sorry all these threads in GM move so quickly I must have missed the thread :o

08-31-2006, 08:10 PM
And the Brits are laughing at us, because they've had interactive cable and five courts from the BBC for about 3-4 years now right?

Hopefully Dish network will pick this up soon, then it's bye bye Comcast, hello tennis heaven...
Fee I'm so happy that DirecTV is finally doing something with tennis that the Brits can laugh all they want :p I hope this is successful so that maybe DirecTV will finally pick up The Tennis Channel. I doubt it, but I can always hope :D I still keep after them about it, I just wish more people that had DirecTV and like tennis would also keep after them. I can't believe there are so few people with DirecTV that like tennis :eek:

09-02-2006, 03:36 PM
I hate being lied to :fiery: I was told the five 5 days of the U.S. Open on interactive TV was a free preview for everyone. Then I was told by DirecTV, if I got the interactive receiver I could see all of the U.S. Open on interactive TV. Now I find that wasn't the truth :fiery: It wasn't just a preview. It was only set up to be used for the first 5 days of the U.S. Open and it was free to everyone on DirecTV.