Aero Pro drive thinking on buying [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Aero Pro drive thinking on buying

nadalito92
08-30-2006, 05:06 AM
Hi, im 14 years old and i play with a western grip, i have a full fast swing and play mostly hard court, but also on clay, i was at a store buying a new racquet (Wilson Pro Staff Blitz) and i told the guy, really nice by the way, that i was using the western grip, then he told me, "go straight to babolat" i thought i heard him talking about the aeropro drive, but i wanted more opinions, im starting to save for either the racquet or an electric guitar, maybe both, but first the racquet =)

changer7
09-03-2006, 08:57 PM
good for you. if i were you i would elect to buy the aeropro drive over an electric guitar.

bearingbreaker92
09-04-2006, 03:30 AM
The Aeropro is a very wierd raquet, in my opinion.

May i reccommend trying it out before buying it? It feels very wierd as it swings very quickly, and i find it hard to hit with.

mattie09
10-18-2006, 09:15 PM
I also find the aeropro drive very weird, as i find it hard to connect proply when hitting with it, so i would also recommend you trying it out first.

wcr
11-13-2006, 03:05 PM
Great racket and I spent a lot of time with demos to find it. I started with Dunlop's Quake which can be a religious experience for some folks who've owned them (you know who you are). The Quake went through numerous name changes and paint jobs until Dunlop finally stopped the line. The Babolat Aeropro Drive is the closest stick to it and it's nice.

I've read elsewhere that Dunlop still makes a version of the Quake stick for Robredo even though it's painted to look like a current racket.

Solat
11-16-2006, 06:51 AM
Hi, im 14 years old and i play with a western grip, i have a full fast swing and play mostly hard court, but also on clay, i was at a store buying a new racquet (Wilson Pro Staff Blitz) and i told the guy, really nice by the way, that i was using the western grip, then he told me, "go straight to babolat" i thought i heard him talking about the aeropro drive, but i wanted more opinions, im starting to save for either the racquet or an electric guitar, maybe both, but first the racquet =)

thats the most ridiculous thing i have heard from a salesman, western grip = babolat :rolls:

if you have long fast swings then you need a control racquet, simple as that, go with whatever racquet feels best, you gotta demo, honestly you gonna spend hard earned cash on what a salesman says? i think not, hit a tonne of balls with different bats and see what feels the best, you can always string to fine tune power/control but the racquet has got to feel good in your hand.

if you plan on volleying i wouldnt get a babolat, if you are big on groundies then definitely consider one. Pure drive seems ot be the popular vote so i'd check them out first, i have heard the aero is very quick thru the air, therefore harder to control.

good luck

kabeab
11-19-2006, 09:06 PM
Hey, im also 14. I'm a very serious tennis player, i train everyday. I dont use a western grip but i just switched to the aero pro drive +. EXCELLENT BUY!!!
switch right away.