Absurd: Tomorrow's Order of Play [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Absurd: Tomorrow's Order of Play

federerfan7465
08-30-2006, 01:41 AM
This is the worst idea i've ever seen.
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/schedule/schedule9.html

letting Andy get his 2nd round match in tomorrow?

While most havent even played their first round.

Looks like USTA is giving Andy pleeeeeeennnnntttyyy of rest for the Tournament. he won't playf or like 4 days after this.

Jimnik
08-30-2006, 01:43 AM
All the first round matches will have been completed by then.

Johnny Groove
08-30-2006, 01:47 AM
This happens every fucking year. The 1st round is spread across 3 days, and one player plays their second round match on Wednesday as well. What also happens every year (and every day as well) is Roddick bashing, so I guess I shouldnt be too surprised :rolleyes:

atheneglaukopis
08-30-2006, 01:49 AM
I can't find Mauresmo (and I used the search function on my browser). :confused:

Havok
08-30-2006, 01:50 AM
It's one extra day and we're still only in the 3rd day of a 2 WEEK EVENT. An extra day off this early in the tournament isn't even worth bitching over about. If it had been an extra day off say mid 2nd week or something, then let the bitching commence.

Lee
08-30-2006, 01:51 AM
I can't find Mauresmo (and I used the search function on my browser). :confused:

USTA think they can finish the match today :tape:

WF4EVER
08-30-2006, 01:52 AM
I noticed Blake's match has not been slated during tomorrow's schedule. COnsidering it is still raining, how can they be sure this match won't have to be played then?

It seems the women are going to get the squeeze a little tomorrow, but better them than the men who have to play 5 sets.

I also think it's bullshit to schedule Roddick tomorrow when the 1st round is far from being completed at this point but the USTA are looking out for their own. What do you expect?

They could well use two women's matches to take that space just to speed things up. Need I say 2003 again?

WF4EVER
08-30-2006, 01:53 AM
Momo was sent home; they plan to let Blake and Monaco play. If that's possible.

ezekiel
08-30-2006, 01:54 AM
looks like James Blake won't start let alone finnish tonight so I guess they will move him into Roddick's spot

Johnny Groove
08-30-2006, 01:55 AM
I also think it's bullshit to schedule Roddick tomorrow when the 1st round is far from being completed at this point but the USTA are looking out for their own. What do you expect?

They could well use two women's matches to take that space just to speed things up. Need I say 2003 again?

Again, thats how it always works. One player gets to play 2nd round on Wednesday. ONE PLAYER. EVERY YEAR. Was there bitching when Rafa got to play 2nd round on wednesday last year, and Fed in 04? It is SCHEDULED!!! No matter what ant-american BS or Roddick bashing you can come up with, THIS ALWAYS HAPPENS

cedez
08-30-2006, 01:55 AM
I doubt if James Blake will get his match in tonight. If he has to play it tomorrow, I bet he'll bump Roddick to Thursday.

nobama
08-30-2006, 02:01 AM
Again, thats how it always works. One player gets to play 2nd round on Wednesday. ONE PLAYER. EVERY YEAR. Was there bitching when Rafa got to play 2nd round on wednesday last year, and Fed in 04? It is SCHEDULED!!! No matter what ant-american BS or Roddick bashing you can come up with, THIS ALWAYS HAPPENSBut the issue is Blake hasn't even played yet. And it's not for sure he will finish tonight. And also there is a chance of rain tomorrow. If it was certain all R1 men's matches would finish tomorrow then fine. But if there is rain tomorrow during the day delaying matches they sure as hell better not put Roddick out there at night.

prima donna
08-30-2006, 02:01 AM
Again, thats how it always works. One player gets to play 2nd round on Wednesday. ONE PLAYER. EVERY YEAR. Was there bitching when Rafa got to play 2nd round on wednesday last year, and Fed in 04? It is SCHEDULED!!! No matter what ant-american BS or Roddick bashing you can come up with, THIS ALWAYS HAPPENS

So emotional that you are, hahaha.

nobama
08-30-2006, 02:02 AM
I doubt if James Blake will get his match in tonight. If he has to play it tomorrow, I bet he'll bump Roddick to Thursday.That would be really :retard: to put a 2nd round match on court before all 1st round matches have finished.

Johnny Groove
08-30-2006, 02:03 AM
But the issue is Blake hasn't even played yet. And it's not for sure he will finish tonight. And also there is a chance of rain tomorrow. If it was certain all R1 men's matches would finish tomorrow then fine. But if there is rain tomorrow during the day delaying matches they sure as hell better not put Roddick out there at night.

My post wasnt about Blake. It was to counter the Roddick bashers. As for your post, tons of players havent even started. And I would be very surprised that if it rained all day tomorrow and then stopped just in time for Roddick, they only let him play his match. Should that be the case, flame and bitch away :yeah:

Yappa
08-30-2006, 02:03 AM

Fight the hatred! :yeah:

Havok
08-30-2006, 02:04 AM
But the issue is Blake hasn't even played yet. And it's not for sure he will finish tonight. And also there is a chance of rain tomorrow. If it was certain all R1 men's matches would finish tomorrow then fine. But if there is rain tomorrow during the day delaying matches they sure as hell better not put Roddick out there at night.
Wow what a retarded post. If Blake doesn't finish his 1r match today you can bet all the money in the world that they would either (a) stick him in the OOP in order to finish his 1r match, or (b) swap him with Roddick if they can't squeez him in the current OOP. ALL 1r matches MUST be finished by the time Thursday morning comes around, of course barring rain and stuff like that.

Lee
08-30-2006, 02:04 AM
Tomorrow's schedule will probably be changed if the night session is cancelled. They really can't put out a schedule to include those matches they believe will be finished tonight. :shrug:

Johnny Groove
08-30-2006, 02:05 AM
So emotional that you are, hahaha.

Aww, Prima Donna, I expected more of you. A simple point-and-laugh post with only one English language grammar butchering? No name-calling or shit-slinging? You have obviously lost your touch. :hug:

partygirl
08-30-2006, 02:06 AM
Its only fitting Andy got some real bullshit scheduling at Wimbly.

Havok
08-30-2006, 02:06 AM
That would be really :retard: to put a 2nd round match on court before all 1st round matches have finished.
Andy was scheduled absolutely LAST on Ashe stadium at night, so as long as there is no rain ALL 1r matches will be played by the time Roddick takes the court for his 2r match.

I've always liked you as a poster, but holy crap you're really stupid tonight :retard:.

World Beater
08-30-2006, 02:07 AM
My post wasnt about Blake. It was to counter the Roddick bashers. As for your post, tons of players havent even started. And I would be very surprised that if it rained all day tomorrow and then stopped just in time for Roddick, they only let him play his match. Should that be the case, flame and bitch away :yeah:

:rolleyes:

no one is bashing roddick. If anything, people are bashing usta.

nobama
08-30-2006, 02:08 AM
Wow what a retarded post. If Blake doesn't finish his 1r match today you can bet all the money in the world that they would either (a) stick him in the OOP in order to finish his 1r match, or (b) swap him with Roddick if they can't squeez him in the current OOP. ALL 1r matches MUST be finished by the time Thursday morning comes around, of course barring rain and stuff like that.Is Blake even going to play tonight? They're still showing last years match with Agassi. Obviously if he doesn't get his match in they'll most likely have to bump Roddick to Thursday. Then the question is who do they give the night match to, Roddick or Agassi?

nobama
08-30-2006, 02:10 AM
Andy was scheduled absolutely LAST on Ashe stadium at night, so as long as there is no rain ALL 1r matches will be played by the time Roddick takes the court for his 2r match.

I've always liked you as a poster, but holy crap you're really stupid tonight :retard:.There was a reason I deleted that post. :o

neenah
08-30-2006, 02:14 AM
So what happens on Thursday now? Since no one finished a match today will some people play on Wednesday and Thursday? :confused:

robinhood
08-30-2006, 02:22 AM
Is Blake even going to play tonight? They're still showing last years match with Agassi. Obviously if he doesn't get his match in they'll most likely have to bump Roddick to Thursday. Then the question is who do they give the night match to, Roddick or Agassi?

Agassi, of course!
That's a no brainer, imo.

robinhood
08-30-2006, 02:26 AM
As far as the scheduling goes,
let's give it a rest until someone ACTUALLY plays R2 before all the R1s have been completed.

Fumus
08-30-2006, 02:28 AM
The USTA have weather controlling devices..

Carito_90
08-30-2006, 02:46 AM
1st round matches have priority tomorrow. 2nd round matches cannot be played if all the 1st round ones aren't done yet. I thought everyone knew this. :lol:

And yes, welcome to the real world, Andy's American, he's playing in the US, the US Open, the USTA's going to show favouritism for him. But it's always been like this. I doubt it'll make much of a difference this early in the tournament, though.

It has just started raining again, so Blake probably won't play tonight.

njtennis11
08-30-2006, 02:56 AM
Add Blake to the end of Armstrong's schedule, he isn't playing today.

hablovah19
08-30-2006, 03:10 AM

Looks like USTA is giving Andy pleeeeeeennnnntttyyy of rest for the Tournament. he won't playf or like 4 days after this.
still won't help him win the US Open this time around, though :tape:
poor Blake, I figure they would replace Roddick with his match tomorrow :o

Scotso
08-30-2006, 03:13 AM
Blake being bumped for Andy, eh?

I think in this case they should push Andy to Thursday (as he should be) and just play 1R matches. It's rather dumb to give a player such an obvious advantage, no matter who they are.

Carito_90
08-30-2006, 03:16 AM
still won't help him win the US Open this time around, though :tape:
poor Blake, I figure they would replace Roddick with his match tomorrow :o

:retard:

hanabishi
08-30-2006, 03:17 AM
Maybe Pless will beat Roddick tomorrow and have that one-day advantage over everyone else and proceed to win the tournament.

Mistaflava
08-30-2006, 03:20 AM
Just shut up and stop bitching. Tennis is tennis doesn't matter when it is played.

Bunch of crybabies in here...

hablovah19
:retard:
:retard::retard::retard:

nobama
Blake being bumped for Andy, eh?

I think in this case they should push Andy to Thursday (as he should be) and just play 1R matches. It's rather dumb to give a player such an obvious advantage, no matter who they are.I guess they figure they can get them all in AND get Roddick on at night. :shrug: Do guys like Blake and Nadal then have to play Thursday too? If that's the case I can see Blake not wanting a night match, because he for sure wouldn't get one on Thursday.

Carito_90
08-30-2006, 03:21 AM
Maybe Pless will beat Roddick tomorrow and have that one-day advantage over everyone else and proceed to win the tournament.

Geez whoever didn't I think of that!

Carito_90
08-30-2006, 03:21 AM
:retard::retard::retard:

:haha: I'm not about to get into a retarded smilie contest. :lol:

hablovah19
08-30-2006, 03:23 AM
:haha: I'm not about to get into a retarded smilie contest. :lol:
Good :bigclap:

Corey Feldman
08-30-2006, 03:24 AM
at least tomorrow (rain permitting) could be one helluva brilliant day.... tons of matches, just about all the stars playing and a Henman v Rusedski showdown.

forget super saturday, super wednesday :bounce:
just DONT RAIN. :awww:

rofe
08-30-2006, 03:25 AM
Actually it is not a bad schedule considering the retarded policy of spanning R1 over three days. It is going to become interesting if it rains tomorrow.

Carito_90
08-30-2006, 03:25 AM
This is a waste of time, weather.com says it's going to rain tomorrow afternoon. :lol:

Corey Feldman
08-30-2006, 03:34 AM
:haha: I'm not about to get into a retarded smilie contest. :lol:Why?http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/spezial/Fool/crazy.gif http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/spezial/Fool/crazy.gif http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/spezial/Fool/crazy.gif

Carito_90
08-30-2006, 03:37 AM
Why?http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/spezial/Fool/crazy.gif http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/spezial/Fool/crazy.gif http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/spezial/Fool/crazy.gif
For obvious reasons. :p

Havok
08-30-2006, 03:58 AM
I guess they figure they can get them all in AND get Roddick on at night. :shrug: Do guys like Blake and Nadal then have to play Thursday too? If that's the case I can see Blake not wanting a night match, because he for sure wouldn't get one on Thursday.
Whoever gets a Wednesday start will eventually have to play back to back days, but nobody knows yet as to when exactly they would do that. They'd probably stick their 2r and 3r matches back to back, but give them some decent amount of rest (early on their first match, then later on during the day on their second consecutive day).

martinatreue
08-30-2006, 03:58 AM
wow such favoritism for Roddick :rolleyes:

zicofirol
08-30-2006, 04:05 AM
What is brilliant about the scheduling is the number of matches starting at 1 pm. As if they did not have enough matches to play...
A short rain delay tomorrow and youll have people starting their 1st round matches on thursday.

Corey Feldman
08-30-2006, 04:14 AM
Id have liked it to start an hour earlier when there is a backlog.

NYCtennisfan
08-30-2006, 04:18 AM
Id have liked it to start an hour earlier when there is a backlog.

They should start an hour earlier when this happens.

I wonder what they will do if it rains tommorrow and the day session is cancelled. Will the night session go on with 'Pova and Roddick? :tape:

buddyholly
08-30-2006, 04:29 AM

Tennis is show business. It is perfectly proper for the organisers to put on the show that the paying public wants to see.

Leo
08-30-2006, 05:48 AM
Ridiculous move by the USTA. I thought men's 2nd round wasn't even supposed to start before Thursday. But to have him play while there are so many first round maytches still in the works...? Whatever, we saw similar scheduling in 2003.

Regenbogen
08-30-2006, 06:22 AM
This is a waste of time, weather.com says it's going to rain tomorrow afternoon. :lol:
yeah 100% chance :lol:

robinhood
08-30-2006, 06:28 AM
yeah 100% chance :lol:
So.... Frustrating....... :o

drf716
08-30-2006, 08:24 AM
why does it always rain on marat... literally and figuratively

Mistaflava
08-30-2006, 08:33 AM
quit bitching...it's called homecourt advantage. Something other Slams don't have to worry about because they don't have any homegrown potential winners in Australia, France or England.

When they do, they should put the homecourt advantage to good use.

Simple as that.

avocadoe
08-30-2006, 10:07 AM
http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/golf/hourbyhour/USNY0504?from=36hr_topnav_golf

only 30 percent chance of rain in the hour by hour today...so we should get on and off play, maybe lots more than yesterday...

Black Adam
08-30-2006, 10:15 AM
Some of you guys need a tissue to wipe your crocodile tears. Roger got that advantage in 2004, Rafa in 2005 and there was less whinning, but now Andy gets that advantage the MTFers who make their days on bashing and complaining jump on the occasion to fill their empty lives.:rolleyes:

quit bitching...it's called homecourt advantage. Something other Slams don't have to worry about because they don't have any homegrown potential winners in Australia, France or England.

Hewitt anyone?

TheBoiledEgg
08-30-2006, 10:24 AM
Duckboy gets lucky again

if it rain, the night session will get preference over day session :o :retard:

dylan24
08-30-2006, 12:31 PM

usta wants afraud to win so badly, they'll give him any advantage they can.

Kimmi
08-30-2006, 12:33 PM
Duckboy gets lucky again

if it rain, the night session will get preference over day session :o :retard:

No, second round match first starts, when no more first round match has to be played!!

nobama
08-30-2006, 02:55 PM
If first round matches don't finish during the day there's no way they will put Roddick on at night. Most likely Blake who got bumped to Armstrong in order to get his match in.

lunahielo
08-30-2006, 03:37 PM
Yes~~~ Live tennis!!! :yippee:

Pea
08-30-2006, 03:38 PM
Some of you guys need a tissue to wipe your crocodile tears. Roger got that advantage in 2004, Rafa in 2005 and there was less whinning, but now Andy gets that advantage the MTFers who make their days on bashing and complaining jump on the occasion to fill their empty lives.:rolleyes:

WTfuck?:retard:

gogo_guga
08-30-2006, 04:12 PM
Roddick is an ass

Black Adam
08-30-2006, 05:00 PM
WTfuck?:retard:
:rolleyes: When I wrote that post I was actually thinking about you.:lol:

Pea
08-30-2006, 06:01 PM
:rolleyes: When I wrote that post I was actually thinking about you.:lol:

Is there a day that goes by when you don't think about me?:rolleyes:

marcelwks
08-30-2006, 06:04 PM
Roddick has a birthday today so there is an answer why he is playing today :aparty:

rofe
08-30-2006, 07:27 PM
If Roddick gets big sparkly fireworks for his birthday prepare for the GM nuts to complain about that as well.

The same way that Andytards complained about fireworks after Roger's matches in Toronto?

Deboogle!.
08-30-2006, 10:48 PM
The same way that Andytards complained about fireworks after Roger's matches in Toronto?Please show me where that happened. Link me to posts of someone complaining about this. We have better things to do than whine :yawn:

rofe
08-30-2006, 11:10 PM
Please show me where that happened. Link me to posts of someone complaining about this. We have better things to do than whine :yawn:

It was a response to Tangy but since you decided to butt in here you go:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=3946806&postcount=1862

World Beater
08-31-2006, 12:16 AM
It was a response to Tangy but since you decided to butt in here you go:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=3946806&postcount=1862

well thats in andy's forum...the andy fans can whine all they want in there. Its not GM.

with that said, i can sense the duck fans getting confident and cocky again. It looks like they may want to make GM one of their conquest goals again :p

rofe
08-31-2006, 12:27 AM
well thats in andy's forum...the andy fans can whine all they want in there. Its not GM.

with that said, i can sense the duck fans getting confident and cocky again. It looks like they may want to make GM one of their conquest goals again :p

Well she challenged me to come up with a single post and I did. It doesn't matter if it was in GM or not. Anyway, I was simply needling Tangy (maybe a tongue-in-cheek emoticon would have helped) and she had no business responding with that holier-than-thou attitude.

Deboogle!.
08-31-2006, 12:48 AM
Um, posts with :p in them are clearly in jest. You call that a "whine"??? That's all you could come up with, rofe?

Plus, tangy is a federer fan :haha: :haha:

Nice try though :rolls:

i love paradorn
08-31-2006, 12:51 AM
Paradorn withdrew from today's match

Tytta!.
08-31-2006, 12:52 AM
Interesting to see people here worry more about Andy than about their fave players lmao

rofe
08-31-2006, 12:59 AM
Um, posts with :p in them are clearly in jest. You call that a "whine"??? That's all you could come up with, rofe?

Plus, tangy is a federer fan :haha: :haha:

Nice try though :rolls:

What exactly is your problem? I was responding to Tangy so why do you care? :confused:

Don't you have anything better to do? Nevermind, I already know the answer to that question.

Plus, look at my response to World Beater's question - that is if you can understand what I am trying to say.

Deboogle!.
08-31-2006, 01:05 AM
I don't care, I think your sudden obsession with "Andytards" all of a sudden after you had been coming to his forum is rather amusing, that's all. :) I finished my work and have a few min before class, so no for a little while I don't have anything better to do, and why should I look for something better to do when this is quite amusing.

Moreover, you didn't say to tangy "the way you complained" you said "the way Andytards complained" - I challenged you to find a post to back up that statement and all you produced was a post where tangy called the fireworks "cheesy" with a :p. So next time, if you only want to address tangy, then specifically address tangy. :wavey:

Merton
08-31-2006, 01:12 AM
There is an interesting issue here that I am unaware off. Once the order of play becomes public, does the USTA sell promotion rights specifically allocated to the time slot designated on the schedule? If that is the case, then I guess that they would not be able to switch somebody else on Andy's slot. If I recall correctly, he played a night match against Schalken in 2003 even though there were matches cancelled during the rain earlier.

By the way, I cannot see the point of blaming Andy for benefits he gets from the schedulling at the US Open, since he is obviously not the event organizer.

Corey Feldman
08-31-2006, 01:14 AM
Paradorn withdrew from today's matchFrom the 2nd round match with Novak?

Carito_90
08-31-2006, 01:15 AM
By the way, I cannot see the point of blaming Andy for benefits he gets from the schedulling at the US Open, since he is obviously not the event organizer.

Exactly. :lol:

Carito_90
08-31-2006, 01:16 AM
From the 2nd round match with Novak?
The only 2nd round match that's going to be played today is Andy's.. :scratch:

tangerine_dream
08-31-2006, 01:21 AM
The same way that Andytards complained about fireworks after Roger's matches in Toronto?
If we did, at least we didn't start a myriad of threads in GM about it. ;)

Ultimately, the scheduling craziness is of no consequence. It's too early in the week for it to have any impact on the players. :shrug:

Corey Feldman
08-31-2006, 01:27 AM
The only 2nd round match that's going to be played today is Andy's.. :scratch:That is what i was thinking... so what has he WD from? :scratch:
i love paradorn, explain yourself
:p

i love paradorn
08-31-2006, 01:29 AM
Sorry, Paradorn withdrew from his doubles match with Levy. So, I hope he is ok to play tomorrow. He still has wrist tendinitis which he got over the summer.

Corey Feldman
08-31-2006, 01:35 AM
cheers big ears.

i love paradorn
08-31-2006, 01:40 AM
oK escudE

Corey Feldman
08-31-2006, 03:57 AM
Also, livescore is saying P'dorn played today, and lose, that doubles match
:lol:

rofe
08-31-2006, 05:04 AM
I don't care, I think your sudden obsession with "Andytards" all of a sudden after you had been coming to his forum is rather amusing, that's all. :) I finished my work and have a few min before class, so no for a little while I don't have anything better to do, and why should I look for something better to do when this is quite amusing.

Moreover, you didn't say to tangy "the way you complained" you said "the way Andytards complained" - I challenged you to find a post to back up that statement and all you produced was a post where tangy called the fireworks "cheesy" with a :p. So next time, if you only want to address tangy, then specifically address tangy. :wavey:

Look at Tangy's sane response to my post further down. She at least understood that I was being tongue-in-cheek even if I didn't use that emoticon. She took it sportingly instead of over-analyzing a simple post.

By the way, I used Andytards as a figure of speech. I wanted to find out if she remembered her own post about this subject.

The only reason I don't come to Andy's forum anymore is because of your negativity in the forum. I don't care much for it in general. I hope you find more happiness because from your posts it seems like you need it.

World Beater
08-31-2006, 05:59 AM
it was probably a very good thing that they got roddick scheduled at night at least once just in case dre goes all the way.