USA network ignorance [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

USA network ignorance

ezekiel
08-29-2006, 07:25 PM
they showed the list of players "under 20" and they show Rafa, Gasquet , Berdych who all turned 20 and they also showed Monfils and Murray but ignore Djokovic completely who at 19 and few months is still the youngest in the top 100? :confused: :smash: :retard: :cuckoo: :bs: :timebomb:

adee-gee
08-29-2006, 07:27 PM
More importantly, was Xristos in it?

Deboogle!.
08-29-2006, 07:27 PM
Courier just mentioned him. Chill.

atheneglaukopis
08-29-2006, 07:28 PM
Xristos or Djokovic? :p

adee-gee
Who? Xristos? :D

adee-gee
Xristos or Djokovic? :p
:haha: great minds think alike ;)

savesthedizzle
Courier just mentioned him to say that he was mentally scattered and to put him down saying that "we don't know how he's going to turn out." When apparently all these other young guys are now sure things.

It's just something we've gotten used to.... Novak not being mentioned in these graphics. :shrug: I was whining about it elsewhere instead of GM, but that's okay.

It just would be nice for him to at least be mentioned. When you say something like "Players under 20" and then list their ranking and their USO seed and have to skip over Djokovic to include Monfils.. it's just not cool.

tangerine_dream
08-29-2006, 07:37 PM
I hope the rain delay lets up soon because all of these crybaby threads are getting to be a drag.

_pyromatic
08-29-2006, 08:18 PM
Courier just mentioned him to say that he was mentally scattered and to put him down saying that "we don't know how he's going to turn out." When apparently all these other young guys are now sure things.

It's just something we've gotten used to.... Novak not being mentioned in these graphics. :shrug: I was whining about it elsewhere instead of GM, but that's okay.

It just would be nice for him to at least be mentioned. When you say something like "Players under 20" and then list their ranking and their USO seed and have to skip over Djokovic to include Monfils.. it's just not cool.
Well Monfils was playing at the time so it would be really strange not to include him. I think you're being a bit too sensitive. Courier was mentioning what he thinks all the young players need to work on and mental strength was Novak's. He said (repeatedly) the Monfils has many things to work on before he can be really good and he also mentioned that Berdych has to get it together mentally.

savesthedizzle
08-29-2006, 08:24 PM
Well Monfils was playing at the time so it would be really strange not to include him. I think you're being a bit too sensitive. Courier was mentioning what he thinks all the young players need to work on and mental strength was Novak's. He said (repeatedly) the Monfils has many things to work on before he can be really good and he also mentioned that Berdych has to get it together mentally.

Novak was the only seeded player aged 20 or under NOT in the graphic. :shrug: It wouldn't have been that difficult to add in one more line of text.

It's hard not to be sensitive about stuff like this when he's been overlooked his entire career, always less hyped than these guys. Now he deserves a bit of recognition and still isn't getting it... it's just odd to me that they choose to just leave out one guy.

Also is the fact that being scattered mentally isn't the problem for Novak. I think almost anyone who has ever watched him play would know it's his fitness ;)

Deboogle!.
08-29-2006, 08:29 PM
I think the fact that he's a little more ignored should make it that much more satisfying for his loyal fans once he does something big :shrug:

prima donna
08-29-2006, 08:31 PM
Hahaha.

IDJ49
08-29-2006, 08:34 PM
I hope the rain delay lets up soon because all of these crybaby threads are getting to be a drag.
Amen.

Clara Bow
08-29-2006, 08:37 PM
I was a little surprised that they didn't mention him as well, and not in a "crybaby" way but because he had a good FO and is always considered dangerous. .

ezekiel
08-29-2006, 08:39 PM

Novak is solid mentally , on court at least, he says some immature stuff off court since he is so young but on court he is solid, doesn't break racquet and behaves the same whether up or down

His only real problem is stamina and endurance that prevented him from winning some matches already. Still none of it excuse pure negativity and arrogance shown by much of the mainly american media toward him.

ezekiel
08-29-2006, 08:42 PM
I think the fact that he's a little more ignored should make it that much more satisfying for his loyal fans once he does something big :shrug:

That's fine as well if the media wasn't always negative on him and often in an untruthful manner. Ignore him is ok, but acknowledge him and don't disrespect him and post bias against him

_pyromatic
08-29-2006, 08:48 PM
Novak was the only seeded player aged 20 or under NOT in the graphic. :shrug: It wouldn't have been that difficult to add in one more line of text.

It's hard not to be sensitive about stuff like this when he's been overlooked his entire career, always less hyped than these guys. Now he deserves a bit of recognition and still isn't getting it... it's just odd to me that they choose to just leave out one guy.

Also is the fact that being scattered mentally isn't the problem for Novak. I think almost anyone who has ever watched him play would know it's his fitness ;)
A couple minutes before they showed the graphic the commentators mentioned young players they liked that included Djokovic but not Gasquet or Berdych. All of the non-American players get left out sometimes on the US networks, not just Nole. Since the FO, they've started mentioning him a lot, imo. It seems like you've gotten used to being defensive and haven't quite gotten over it yet.

_pyromatic
08-29-2006, 08:50 PM
Novak is solid mentally , on court at least, he says some immature stuff off court since he is so young but on court he is solid, doesn't break racquet and behaves the same whether up or down

His only real problem is stamina and endurance that prevented him from winning some matches already. Still none of it excuse pure negativity and arrogance shown by much of the mainly american media toward him.
I didn't say it, Courier did. :wavey: And how was that in any way arrogant? :confused:

savesthedizzle
08-29-2006, 08:55 PM
A couple minutes before they showed the graphic the commentators mentioned young players they liked that included Djokovic but not Gasquet or Berdych. All of the non-American players get left out sometimes on the US networks, not just Nole. Since the FO, they've started mentioning him a lot, imo. It seems like you've gotten used to being defensive and haven't quite gotten over it yet.

I know they mentioned him. I personally was annoyed that he was the ONLY player who fit the criteria who was excluded from the graphic. Some people remember what they see, not what they hear. People need to SEE Novak's name to remember it as a part of that group of players. My beef is with the graphic alone and the fact that Courier doesn't know shit about Djokovic if he doesn't think his major problem is his fitness :p

ezekiel
08-29-2006, 08:56 PM
I didn't say it, Courier did. :wavey: And how was that in any way arrogant? :confused:
because it's not true and pertains to all the negativity they are trying to tie him up with, he is not sportsmanlike , he is a fluke and doesn't belong in the top. They never mention that he is is the youngest in top 100 and has done impressive things already

savesthedizzle
08-29-2006, 08:57 PM
because it's not true and pertains to all the negativity they are trying to tie him up with, he is not sportsmanlike , he is a fluke and doesn't belong in the top. They never mention that he is is the youngest in top 100 and has done impressive things already

To ask all that of the American media is a bit much ;)

I just want him included when he's supposed to be and not included when he doesn't deserve to be. :lol:

_pyromatic
08-29-2006, 08:58 PM
I know they mentioned him. I personally was annoyed that he was the ONLY player who fit the criteria who was excluded from the graphic. Some people remember what they see, not what they hear. People need to SEE Novak's name to remember it as a part of that group of players. My beef is with the graphic alone and the fact that Courier doesn't know shit about Djokovic if he doesn't think his major problem is his fitness :p
The US networks have bad memories. Novak didn't do much during the US open series so now they're like "Djokovic who?" :p

savesthedizzle
08-29-2006, 09:01 PM
The US networks have bad memories. Novak didn't do much during the US open series so now they're like "Djokovic who?" :p

Apparently so. He was only winning a tournament and making the final of another during that time :p

ezekiel
08-29-2006, 09:02 PM
neither has monfils

savesthedizzle
08-29-2006, 09:04 PM
neither has monfils

Monfils was the one playing at the time. He had to be on the list to make it remotely relevant :)

I just don't see why they couldn't have inserted the one extra line of text into their little chart. It really would not have been difficult and the size still would have been legible on everyone's TV screens :p

Grinder
08-29-2006, 09:08 PM
he is not sportsmanlike , he is a fluke and doesn't belong in the top.

Amen to that. :yeah:

_pyromatic
08-29-2006, 09:24 PM
Apparently so. He was only winning a tournament and making the final of another during that time :p
Psh, European tournaments don't count! :p

savesthedizzle
08-29-2006, 09:26 PM
Psh, European tournaments don't count! :p

I knowwww I just forget that sometimes.

I got it now :D

_pyromatic
08-29-2006, 09:31 PM
I knowwww I just forget that sometimes.

I got it now :D
I'm glad you've finally come to your senses. :kiss:

Scotso
08-30-2006, 02:10 AM

If they listed American players in the top 100 and left out Roddick, would you be as laid back as this?

Pretty stupid from them to leave out Djokovic.

JimmyV
08-30-2006, 02:30 AM
OH MY GOD THE WORLD IS ENDING

CassL
08-30-2006, 02:50 AM
Pfft. Nole never gets respect from the American media. :rolleyes: It seems that they have already chosen their designated youngsters to hype and Nole isn't one of them. But it's not a big deal. Nole will get good results and win tournaments. Then they'll have to recognize him.