Kontera [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Kontera

Steve
08-29-2006, 07:31 PM
In light of the recent technical issues with Kontera we have decided to temporarily take it down from the forum. We are working with Kontera on a getting something that is more stable, such that it does not affect your experience on the forums. Your feedback and patience with Kontera were appreciated and I would especially like to thank those members who were supportive and were actively involved in helping us out. We are considering adding an additional Google ad to help make ends meet, but for the time being, you won't have to worry about browser crashes due to Kontera. I'm sure you all understand and again, your support and understanding is appreciated.

Thanks

08-29-2006, 09:33 PM
Thanks Steve :) It didn't bother me because I'm an upgraded member. But what did bother me was the fact that it was bothering a lot of other posters. I doubt that anyone will mind another Google Ad in exchange for getting rid of those green links :D

Lee
08-29-2006, 10:17 PM
Thanks Steve.

+alonso
08-29-2006, 11:27 PM
Thanks a lot! I'm glad to hear and many many thanks!

wolviebabe
08-30-2006, 11:32 AM
Thanks, Steve!.

Tommy_Babyboy
08-30-2006, 11:41 AM
What is Kontera?
Green links?

Steve
08-30-2006, 02:05 PM
^^^^ Yes

belco
08-30-2006, 02:53 PM
forums so much sexier now ;)

belco
08-30-2006, 02:54 PM
Ohh ohh steve...

plz no "HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" smiley ads...

plz plz plz :D

Meeek
08-31-2006, 07:26 AM
Ahhh, that surely explains why MTF is as fast as it used to be... no more slowmotion scrolling and no more crashing of the browser. :banana:
Thanks a lot!

Mario66
09-03-2006, 11:32 PM
Much better now, thanks! :drive:

tangerine_dream
11-19-2007, 06:45 PM
These green kontera links are showing up for me again. :unsure: I came across a few of them in the Pervy chat thread. *see attached image below*

Egads. Can we get rid of this stuff please?

Truc
11-19-2007, 07:22 PM
Same here.

Lee
11-19-2007, 07:36 PM
These green kontera links are showing up for me again. :unsure: I came across a few of them in the Pervy chat thread. *see attached image below*

Egads. Can we get rid of this stuff please?

Same here.

Please read the announcement thread.

Denaon
11-19-2007, 08:07 PM
well..this seems to be off using the blue original style...:shrug:

tangerine_dream
11-19-2007, 08:25 PM
I'm posting it here for easier use:

To Disable Kontera/Intellitxt Ads
I wanted to post a quick announcement discussing the Intellitxt advertising tags some of you may be seeing. It is a new advertisement program we are doing a trial on to gauge its effectiveness and see if it is a long term solution that we might be able to adopt.

I realize that it might be an inconvenience to some of our members so we have added the ability for your to disable them. In order to do so, simply click on your User CP (in the navbar) and click on "Edit Profile" -- Scroll down and look for the "Additional Information" area. You will see an area allowing you to "Disable Intellitxt Ads", simply check "yes" in the "Disable Intellitxt Ads" option and they will be turned off permanently.

belco
11-20-2007, 02:36 AM
i didnt see them with firefox.. must have been blocked straight up :D

Deboogle!.
11-20-2007, 05:59 AM
yep, noscript blocked it automatically ;)

Truc
11-20-2007, 02:57 PM
Thanks Lee, it was well hidden.i didnt see them with firefox.. must have been blocked straight up :DI'm using Firefox too, the screenshot was made in Firefox.
(But I'm not using noscript as I find it more a hassle than anything else, a simple adblocker is enough for me.)

adee-gee
11-20-2007, 06:12 PM

I wanted to post a quick announcement discussing the Intellitxt advertising tags some of you may be seeing. It is a new advertisement program we are doing a trial on to gauge its effectiveness and see if it is a long term solution that we might be able to adopt.

I realize that it might be an inconvenience to some of our members so we have added the ability for your to disable them. In order to do so, simply click on your User CP (in the navbar) and click on "Edit Profile" -- Scroll down and look for the "Additional Information" area. You will see an area allowing you to "Disable Intellitxt Ads", simply check "yes" in the "Disable Intellitxt Ads" option and they will be turned off permanently.
:crying2: for a second I thought Tangy had been made a super-mod :sad:

Then I realised she'd just pasted it from somewhere :(

*Ljubica*
11-20-2007, 07:28 PM

Thanks for posting that. I saw my first ad today, and I really object to them! In fact the main reason I paid for Premium membership in the first place was to try and avoid ads and pop-ups. Now I've disabled it :devil: Thanks again.

tangerine_dream
11-20-2007, 08:43 PM
:crying2: for a second I thought Tangy had been made a super-mod :sad:
Aw Adam :hug: You are your own super mod. :p

In fact the main reason I paid for Premium membership in the first place was to try and avoid ads and pop-ups. N
Isn't that annoying? Why did we even pay premium in the first place if our service isn't any different from non-premium? I feel like I've been gypped. Nice bait and switch tactic, MTF. :o

Deboogle!.
11-21-2007, 01:33 AM
This new version of the premium membership (unfortunately) never advertised no/reduced advertising http://www.menstennisforums.com/payments.php

*Ljubica*
11-21-2007, 10:54 AM
This new version of the premium membership (unfortunately) never advertised no/reduced advertising http://www.menstennisforums.com/payments.php

I guess that serves me right for not reading the small print :devil: I agree with tangerine_dream on this one. It really p***** me off!

belco
11-21-2007, 01:58 PM
I guess that serves me right for not reading the small print :devil: I agree with tangerine_dream on this one. It really p***** me off!

:hug: things cant get much worse :p :hug: When things settle down abit more maybe they will look into giving us some more extras for premiums :fingers-crossed: