AFL premiership winner.... free bet advice [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

AFL premiership winner.... free bet advice

flmmkrz
08-28-2006, 05:08 PM
Alright need your help here Aussies. I redeposited a bit at one of my books and they threw a free bet at me for a few hundred but its gotta be on a futures play. AFL premierships the first one to be ending and I dont have the patience to wait out other ones so im lookin for some insight.

Adelaide 4.25
Collingwood 15.00
Fremantle 4.25
Melbourne 13.00
St Kilda 13.00
Sydney 6.00
West Coast 3.00
Western Bulldogs 51.00

where would you place your free bet?

bad gambler
08-29-2006, 10:25 AM
Personally I would wait until the end of the coming round (this weekend) before placing the bet.

If Sydney don't make the top 4, it will be very difficult for them to win - i've still taken them though

bossboss
08-29-2006, 10:46 AM
before placing your bet.. if you are not familiar with the final 8 system.. read this article

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=aflinfosheets&spg=display&articleid=240703

wait after R22 as BG said .. you will know who are the top 4 with double chances

take it from there

sports freak
08-29-2006, 11:00 AM
Alright need your help here Aussies. I redeposited a bit at one of my books and they threw a free bet at me for a few hundred but its gotta be on a futures play. AFL premierships the first one to be ending and I dont have the patience to wait out other ones so im lookin for some insight.

Adelaide 4.25
Collingwood 15.00
Fremantle 4.25
Melbourne 13.00
St Kilda 13.00
Sydney 6.00
West Coast 3.00
Western Bulldogs 51.00

where would you place your free bet?

I would place your free bet in a hat with the top 4 teams n close your eyes n have a LUCKY DIP is my advice ;) Holy doly Freo is 4.25 unfreakinbelievable :eek: Demons to win the Premiership @ 13.00 is Value n they will most likely play Dockers,only if they win against Adelaide if not then it will be a W.A GF with Dockers/Eagles with West Coast taking it out over Dockers imo :wavey:

good_gambler
08-29-2006, 12:09 PM
My advice... don't bet on this sport. :p
Wait for the NRL GF. It's only an extra week.

andrew057
08-29-2006, 12:21 PM
Agree with GG.

Load up on the Storm to win or if you want a little bit of value, hit the Broncos.

flmmkrz
08-29-2006, 06:24 PM
the book does have the nrl futures play too. Bet has to be in by september 1st for both of them tho.

So cant wait till next weekend.

heres the nrl odds

Brisbane Broncos 4.75
Canberra Raiders 67.00
Canterbury Bulldogs 4.50
Manly Sea Eagles 11.00
Melbourne Storm 3.25
Newcastle Knights 9.00
Parramatta Eels 12.00
St George Dragons 6.50

So I have one vote for the storm, everybody in agreement with that?

Mr Flamboyant
08-29-2006, 11:06 PM
Storm have done done everything right for the vast majority of this season .. They're the best drilled team in the competition .. Grand Finals have a habit of turning sour for the side that deserves to win it because in the end it all comes down to that final 80 minutes where anything can happen .. but if you were down to your last dollar and had to make a choice, the safe bet would be the Storm ..

bad gambler
08-30-2006, 12:44 AM
Personally I like the Bulldogs - but GL

dave nz
08-30-2006, 05:26 AM
Put it on Kansas City over 9.5 wins on the NFL season

Goodluck

wis
08-30-2006, 01:09 PM
Take the bulldogs to win the NRL. A solid forward pack is vital when it comes to the nrl playoffs. You need the big men to push you forward to win the premiership and the doggies have 3 of the top forwards out there in O'Meley, Mason and Asotasi. And we know how special Sonny Bill is. I think the doggies have the total package to repeat what they did 2 years ago. Most solid bet out there imho.

flmmkrz
08-30-2006, 06:08 PM
took the value with the bulldogs. I have no idea about any of the teams but the top team during the regular season usually finds a way to lose the championship so went with the next best team according to the rankings and whats been said here.

Thanks for the help guys I appreciate it.

bad gambler
08-30-2006, 07:44 PM
Take the bulldogs to win the NRL. A solid forward pack is vital when it comes to the nrl playoffs. You need the big men to push you forward to win the premiership and the doggies have 3 of the top forwards out there in O'Meley, Mason and Asotasi. And we know how special Sonny Bill is. I think the doggies have the total package to repeat what they did 2 years ago. Most solid bet out there imho.

Asotasi is out for the season - doesn't matter IMO, they have depth to cover for him. Myles is more than a handy replacement in the starting team

andrew057
08-31-2006, 06:51 AM
Dont think the Dogs will win personally, but best of luck.

good_gambler
08-31-2006, 08:00 AM
I think alo depends on who finishes 7th and plays them first week.
Personally I think Canberra will be a very tough opposition... already beaten them this year.
I think they'd be hoping for Parramatta.

GL.

Bolar Bolabi
09-01-2006, 03:13 AM
Fuck me dead. Fremantle are that short? Those purple poofs. Fuck.

They have a chance to.

Sydney should go back to back but if the Dockers play the Eagles in the first week of the finals, the winner of that match will play Sydney in the GF and Sydney will win.

Bolar Bolabi
09-01-2006, 04:54 AM
Fremantle remind me of Brisbane 2001.

Long winning streak heading into finals, destroying teams.

It's scary

dave nz
09-01-2006, 05:00 AM
Pleased to see u have seen the light Bolar, after your comments in my AFL futures thread before this season where I put 5 units on Freo to make the top 8 :)

Bolar Bolabi
09-01-2006, 07:28 AM
I vaguely remember those comments. Care to enlighten me?

dave nz
09-01-2006, 01:58 PM
I vaguely remember those comments. Care to enlighten me?

I can't find the thread, maybe BG or a mod can ?

It was titled something like dave's AFL futures and posted about 5 months ago. You basically said Freo were no hope to have a good season. I'm not rubbing your nose in it we all make right and wrong calls.

bad gambler
09-01-2006, 02:08 PM
I can't find the thread, maybe BG or a mod can ?

It was titled something like dave's AFL futures and posted about 5 months ago. You basically said Freo were no hope to have a good season. I'm not rubbing your nose in it we all make right and wrong calls.

lol I remember it, good call - personally thought it was line ball. I'll see if I can dig it up.

I wonder what they were paying for top 4?

bad gambler
09-01-2006, 02:09 PM
Sydney should go back to back but if the Dockers play the Eagles in the first week of the finals, the winner of that match will play Sydney in the GF and Sydney will win.

Don't you dare give my boys the kiss of death Bolar...

bad gambler
09-01-2006, 02:15 PM
Fremantle remind me of Brisbane 2001.

Long winning streak heading into finals, destroying teams.

It's scary

After they beat Adelaide they were paying something like $17 from memory and I was tempted to take it then but didn't.

Problem with Freo is, old habits die hard. You give me another rematch with them playing the EGirls at subi in a final, I won't even give it a thought as to who I will be backing.

bad gambler
09-01-2006, 02:22 PM
You didn't create a thread Dave, just posted it in Bolar's thread

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=70436&page=1

dave nz
09-01-2006, 02:31 PM
You didn't create a thread Dave, just posted it in Bolar's thread

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=70436&page=1

Thanks BG, some funny stuff in there. :)

dave nz
09-01-2006, 02:33 PM
lol I remember it, good call - personally thought it was line ball. I'll see if I can dig it up.

I wonder what they were paying for top 4?

I can't remmeber mate, but I remmeber I did look at it could have been around the 9-1 mark but I could be wrong.

dave nz
09-01-2006, 02:34 PM
After they beat Adelaide they were paying something like $17 from memory and I was tempted to take it then but didn't.

Problem with Freo is, old habits die hard. You give me another rematch with them playing the EGirls at subi in a final, I won't even give it a thought as to who I will be backing.

Also I threw some change the way of freo when they were 60-1 about 6 weeks ago. Unfortunatly it was as I say "change" lol

Bolar Bolabi
09-01-2006, 02:44 PM
Don't you dare give my boys the kiss of death Bolar...

I'm not

tripb19
09-01-2006, 03:08 PM
If Melbourne come 3rd, they will win the flag.

They will go back to the Adelaide in the 1st week of finals, win against a very depleted side, book a prelim at the G where they have lost once this year, and will destroy two interstate teams in succession. To finish 3rd, they have to win tomorrow ad Port Adelaide have to win. over Freo.

Smart money is on Sydney though.