Agassi was never one of my favorites, but... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Agassi was never one of my favorites, but...

Volcanic Tennis
08-28-2006, 04:53 PM
I'm crying when they're showing all this footage. I think when he plays his last match I'll be bawling, and he was never even one of my favorites. I'm so emotional!

gillian
08-28-2006, 04:56 PM
I'm crying when they're showing all this footage. I think when he plays his last match I'll be bawling, and he was never even one of my favorites. I'm so emotional!

That's how I feel, too. I was never a fan, but I realize that when Andre walks off the court after his final match, it'll be the end of an era.

dkw
08-28-2006, 05:08 PM
Get a grip!!!

Scotso
08-28-2006, 05:15 PM
Crying?

Yappa
08-28-2006, 05:23 PM
Well its normal. Even though I am not a huge fan of Nadal or Murray, I'll be sad once they end their careers. You're getting used to them, so it saddens you (at least me) when they're not around anymore on the ATP Tour.

scoobs
08-28-2006, 05:24 PM
It's going to be something sad but a little bit special.

Andre will be missed when he finally plays his last match - tonight or whenever this two weeks.

mandy18
08-28-2006, 05:30 PM
very very sad this is andres last tournement, tennis wont be the same hope he wins tonight and not go out in the first round. I have liked Andre since 1992 every match he won at wimbledon that year I liked him more and when he got to the final I really really wanted him to win. From then on I have been his fan in all his ups and downs. So I will cry when he plays his last match

tochilka
08-28-2006, 05:43 PM
yes thats sad...
it is sooo weird that every match might be his last...

Action Jackson
08-28-2006, 05:48 PM
Crying, well someone has to do that.

Agassi has a loving family, has had an impact on tennis and got his outstanding career achivements. He has had his time and now he moves onto his next phase, it's natural.

Neely
08-28-2006, 05:55 PM
He fascinated tennis fans and the whole tennis world from the 80s on, he was one of the (if not for a long period the) most interesting personalit(y)ies since he arrived at the circuit and won except two Masters Tournaments (and the Grand Slam Cup is missing, too, but it did not count for the ranking) every big title that mattered in his sport.

What else is there to say? Pretty self-explanatory that this retirement is HUGE...

neenah
08-28-2006, 05:56 PM
Get a grip!!!

Actually, I have a grip. It's new. My sister is putting it on my racquet right now :D :D :D

Okay, lame joke, I'm done :)

But seriously, it's okay to be emotional! :cool:

Volcanic Tennis
08-28-2006, 06:05 PM
So incredibly emotional!

I can't even imagine what it will be like when players that I look up to like Ai and Andy retire :sad:

I hope Andre has a run here this week :bounce:

cmurray
08-28-2006, 06:12 PM
Andre has always been my favorite player. I started watching when I was 15 years old. I watched because of Andre. I've loved him for 18 years. It is unbelievable that it's been that long. My eyes teared up too. I'll be crying like a baby when he plays his last match. I'm tearing right now. I can't believe I'm never going to get to see him play again. I've been trying not to think about it, but it's going to be hard for me. :sad:

We'll miss you, Andre.

Cheryl

brent-o
08-28-2006, 07:08 PM
My earliest tennis memory was of watching Agassi play and I can't imagine him not being around.

nouf
08-28-2006, 07:22 PM
video special agassi us open 2006 by eurosport
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ube81uLyDkQ

El Legenda
08-28-2006, 07:22 PM
i dont really care about Agassi leaving :smoke: :D

Regenbogen
08-28-2006, 10:40 PM
I don't care very much about it. I've always liked Agassi reasonably well but the constant talking about him by the commentators is getting on my nerves. He's been around for so long that I don't care as much about it now as I would have maybe five years ago.

atpSUPERMAN
08-28-2006, 10:48 PM
AGASSI IS MY FAVORITE ATHLETE EVER (APART FROM MARTINA HINGIS) AND IVE MODELLED EVERY SHOT ON HIS GAME BUT ID NEVER CRY OVER HIS RETIREMENT, THATS CRAZY :retard:

Jlee
08-28-2006, 10:54 PM
Even if you aren't a huge fan of him, I don't understand how you would be glad to see him leave. He's one of the best players in the history of the game. He's an inspiration on and off the court even if you are sick of hearing it.

Personally, it was a Wimbledon match he was in that was the first tennis I've ever seen. It'll be a huge loss to have him gone, it's truly the end of an incredible era. I'm going to be so sad when I see him play his final point, maybe even tonight.

chicky841
08-29-2006, 02:29 AM
I can understand where everyone is coming from. I mean Im not really a fan of Agassi either but its definately sad. Maybe its not really the fact that Andre is leavin but more of what he stood for. (the era etc.)

binkygirl
08-29-2006, 03:00 AM
I will miss him. I don't know if I'll ever go to another tennis tournament. Andre was the only reason I ever went to a tournament. None of the other American players have his oncourt showbiz charisma.

Has anyone heard anything else about Taylor Dent other than the fact that he's unlikely to return to the tour? That has to be worst tennis news after the fact that Andre is leaving the tour.