Tennis Fool
08-27-2006, 06:23 PM
Agree or not?

Blue Heart24
08-27-2006, 06:27 PM
no

~*BGT*~
08-27-2006, 06:31 PM
Well, they're the only two players to win the two MS this summer, and going into the Open, Roddick is playing better than anyone else. So, i agree with Patrick.

DrJules
08-27-2006, 06:32 PM
All I know about PMac is that he played a version of tennis very inferior to his brother John McEnroe.

What is his record of previous predictions like?

I think he might be right although it would not surprise me if Nadal comes to the US Open and starts playing very well.

MarieS
08-27-2006, 06:35 PM
Patrick and the rest of the ESPN crew are usually very, very wrong about their predictions(My all time favorite P Mac prediction is Hrbaty over Safin in the QF of 2005 AO)...Although this one's a no-brainer really, who else you got?

DrJules
08-27-2006, 06:36 PM
Well, they're the only two players to win the two MS this summer, and going into the Open, Roddick is playing better than anyone else. So, i agree with Patrick.

Last year Federer and Nadal were the 2 master winners; Nadal made an early exitin the US Open.

Based on current form Federer should beat Roddick. This is based more on Roddick playing a style of tennis Federer enjoys playing against compared to a certain other player.

Adler
08-27-2006, 06:46 PM
Once again : I don't see Roddick handling with Nadal. I'm not even sure if A-Rod proceeds to the SF

R.Federer
08-27-2006, 06:47 PM
I think that's a safe prediction and is no more likely than Fed v/s Nadal, or Fed v/s Gasquet or Fed v/s someone else that comes through. I think Federer's draw to the Open final is favorable to him, but Andy's is not. Andy is seeded to have many tricky matches to get to the final. I would be encouraged about Andy's chances if he were to beat Marcos/Andre/Andrei. Then again, Gasquet is playing so well on HC. And Rafa simply cannot be counted out.

In contrast to Fed, who I think can be taken out more easily in the earlier rounds, I think Andy's chances actually dwindle in the later rounds of Slams, because his style of playing takes a lot out of him physically, and that affects his best weapons. Then, when the physical side weakens, the mental side does too. Very intrigued to see the 2006 Rafa v/s Andy matchup, lets see if they get that far.

njnetswill
08-27-2006, 06:47 PM
His analysis of the draw was awful. Yeah, Nieminen prefers clay. :o

DrJules
08-27-2006, 06:53 PM
I think Andy's chances actually dwindle in the later rounds of Slams, because his style of playing takes a lot out of him physically, and that affects his best weapons.

Some of his service games require minimal effort with most points not lasting more than 3 shots. :awww:

lunahielo
08-27-2006, 06:53 PM
No. Roddick will be gone.

Deboogle!.
08-27-2006, 07:00 PM
I think Andy's chances actually dwindle in the later rounds of Slams, because his style of playing takes a lot out of him physically, and that affects his best weapons. Then, when the physical side weakens, the mental side does too. You're joking, right?!!? :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

celia
08-27-2006, 07:02 PM
for once PMac may be right.

R.Federer
08-27-2006, 07:04 PM
Some of his service games require minimal effort with most points not lasting more than 3 shots. :awww:
Yes, with lower ranked players and earlier in the draw, this will win him matches more easily. But as he advances and runs into better players with better returning skills, the serve will not hold him well any more. His game seems to be very demanding on the body, and as it wears and tears more, he will have a harder time (it seems to me) in best of 5's, in the second week. This is why it was very encouraging to see him try incorporate S/V more.

Regenbogen
No....I don't think Roddick will make it, and I'm not even sure Federer will either

R.Federer
You're joking, right?!!? :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
No!! Are you?!!? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Deboogle!.
08-27-2006, 07:07 PM
No!! Are you?!!? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:No, I'm not. I've never seen Andy look physically tired on a HC and he's in excellent shape. I see no past evidence to suggest that he would get physically tired. Especially since he's coming to net a lot and is playing many shorter points. Think to 2003 when he played all kinds of matches, many of them long and tiring and he was fine right up through the USO final. I don't see any factual reason to believe that Andy would get physically tired as the tourney goes on, so I'm not seeing what basis you have for your statement :shrug:.

I'm not saying he'll make the final, I'm just saying I don't think it will be due to being physically tired.

DrJules
08-27-2006, 07:09 PM
Yes, with lower ranked players and earlier in the draw, this will win him matches more easily. But as he advances and runs into better players with better returning skills, the serve will not hold him well any more. His game seems to be very demanding on the body, and as it wears and tears more, he will have a harder time (it seems to me) in best of 5's, in the second week. This is why it was very encouraging to see him try incorporate S/V more.

The only players who return the Roddick serve well are Federer (far ahead of the rest), Murray, Nalbandian and Hewitt. The rest are a joke when it comes to returning the Roddick serve. If Roddick and Nadal play it will be serve dominated.

rofe
08-27-2006, 07:17 PM
Andy is high on the hype-o-meter right now since he won Cincy and the GS is in the US. Lets see how he performs during the first week before pencilling him in for the final clash.

R.Federer
08-27-2006, 07:34 PM
No, I'm not. I've never seen Andy look physically tired on a HC and he's in excellent shape. I see no past evidence to suggest that he would get physically tired. Especially since he's coming to net a lot and is playing many shorter points. Think to 2003 when he played all kinds of matches, many of them long and tiring and he was fine right up through the USO final. I don't see any factual reason to believe that Andy would get physically tired as the tourney goes on, so I'm not seeing what basis you have for your statement :shrug:.

I'm not saying he'll make the final, I'm just saying I don't think it will be due to being physically tired.
I expected some to think back to 2003, but honestly I don't that his body can be like that for ever. Three years of playing 11 months almost continuously, in his very physical way, plus all the working out outside competition; you know, many people also point to Rafa's (and to a lesser extent Lleyton's) style as one that would lead to faster burnout.

I'm in high agreement about andy's physical shape, but with his playing style and enormous use of power and torque, it is not at all far-fetched to me that his second week freshness in best of 5's would be less than players with a different style.

The factual basis? You don't think andy's style of play is more conducive to physical burnout than most others'??

R.Federer
08-27-2006, 07:36 PM
The only players who return the Roddick serve well are Federer (far ahead of the rest), Murray, Nalbandian and Hewitt. The rest are a joke when it comes to returning the Roddick serve. If Roddick and Nadal play it will be serve dominated.
Maybe Nadal will be added to that list, let's see-- I know Andy thrashed him in 04, but a different Nadal would play him here if they meet. You left out Andre from that list btw

DrJules
08-27-2006, 07:38 PM
Maybe Nadal will be added to that list, let's see-- I know Andy thrashed him in 04, but a different Nadal would play him here if they meet. You left out Andre from that list btw

Yes in previous years, but this year he has played so little and has almost been semi-retired this year.

Deboogle!.
08-27-2006, 07:39 PM
I'm in high agreement about andy's physical shape, but with his playing style and enormous use of power and torque, it is not at all far-fetched to me that his second week freshness in best of 5's would be less than players with a different style.

The factual basis? You don't think andy's style of play is more conducive to physical burnout than most others'??
Perhaps it makes sense thinking about it in an abstract or hypothetical sense, but no, I don't really, and I don't see any evidence that ANDY has actually ever had these kind of physical burnout problems, at least not since he was like 18 :shrug: Andy doesn't play similarly to Nadal or Hewitt at all, especially not if he keeps attacking so consistently, and he's been hitting his forehand the same since he was a little kid.

Sure, he's had some freak one-off injuries but as for the wear and tear type muscle pulls and whatnot, he's not injured more than the average player :shrug: And like I said, I can't think of a single time, especially not since the beginning of 2005 when he really really amped up his fitness training, that he has looked physically tired on a court that's not red in color, so I don't really see any reason, based on anything other than presumption anyway, to believe that all of a sudden with this tournament, he will start having tiredness problems.

DrJules
08-27-2006, 07:41 PM
I expected some to think back to 2003, but honestly I don't that his body can be like that for ever. Three years of playing 11 months almost continuously, in his very physical way, plus all the working out outside competition; you know, many people also point to Rafa's (and to a lesser extent Lleyton's) style as one that would lead to faster burnout.

Lleyton actually reached semi-final of Wimbledon and US Open last year looking like doing very well this year. His decline has almost entirely been owing to marriage and baby; much lower level of commitment this year.

El Legenda
08-27-2006, 07:41 PM
Roddick goes out in the 3rd round :wavey:

DrJules
08-27-2006, 07:46 PM

We can bring this thread to life when you are proved wrong. Looking forward to baldy losing to Gasquet. :lol: :lol: :lol:

tennisgal_001
08-27-2006, 07:57 PM
Andy is high on the hype-o-meter right now since he won Cincy and the GS is in the US. Lets see how he performs during the first week before pencilling him in for the final clash.

Ditto. I'm even hearing people predicting he'll actually BEAT Federer, because Fed lost in Cincy, and Roddick won. Relax, people.

richie21
08-27-2006, 08:03 PM
No....I don't think Roddick will make it, and I'm not even sure Federer will either

will this US Open be the GS of the youngsters?? :)

R.Federer
08-27-2006, 08:07 PM
Perhaps it makes sense thinking about it in an abstract or hypothetical sense, but no, I don't really, and I don't see any evidence that ANDY has actually ever had these kind of physical burnout problems, at least not since he was like 18 :shrug: Andy doesn't play similarly to Nadal or Hewitt at all, especially not if he keeps attacking so consistently, and he's been hitting his forehand the same since he was a little kid.

Sure, he's had some freak one-off injuries but as for the wear and tear type muscle pulls and whatnot, he's not injured more than the average player :shrug: And like I said, I can't think of a single time, especially not since the beginning of 2005 when he really really amped up his fitness training, that he has looked physically tired on a court that's not red in color, so I don't really see any reason, based on anything other than presumption anyway, to believe that all of a sudden with this tournament, he will start having tiredness problems.

Well, I mean, it's up to each person to interpret the evidence the way they choose to. Also, I don't believe I said anything about it starting "all of a sudden" this tournament - I said this more generally, that I think (and I did say that this was what I think) that with his style of play he is likely to have less in the tank than others who have styles more forgiving to the body -- some of these have been added to your post to sound like they come from me, but they didn't (like that he's amped up his fitness, or that it is going to start this tournament, or that it has anything to do with what his conditioning was some 7 years ago, when he was 18!!). And, it may be a marginal point in the grand scheme of physical conditioning, but like Rafter, Andy also perspires a lot. Not all players do, but that certainly points more towards more being taken out from him than from players who seem to look as fresh as a daisy when they're done.

We can continue to view his gamestyle and its effects on his physical condition deep in a best of 5 tournament differently.

Deboogle!.
08-27-2006, 08:12 PM
And, it may be a marginal point in the grand scheme of physical conditioning, but like Rafter, Andy also perspires a lot. Not all players do, but that certainly points more towards more being taken out from him than from players who seem to look as fresh as a daisy when they're done.OMG that's the funniest thing I've ever read in GM :haha:

tangerine_dream
08-27-2006, 08:23 PM
:lol: The Fedfans always make me laugh whenever they try to discuss Roddick's game. It's like listening to Robby Ginepri trying to discuss physics or something.

And some of them are quite angry about Roddick winning Cincy. :eek: What a shame. They can't even be happy for a guy who's been struggling for so long. For them, Roger has to win absolutely everything, otherwise tennis just doesn't exist for them. tsk tsk :sad:

case
08-27-2006, 08:28 PM

lets hope so! the young players are alot more fun.

fed :couple: nadal is getting-REALLY OLD AND BORING.* :yawn:

*kind of like PMac.

:dog: :dog:

DrJules
08-27-2006, 08:30 PM
:lol: The Fedfans always make me laugh whenever they try to discuss Roddick's game. It's like listening to Robby Ginepri trying to discuss physics or something.

And some of them are quite angry about Roddick winning Cincy. :eek: What a shame. They can't even be happy for a guy who's been struggling for so long. For them, Roger has to win absolutely everything, otherwise tennis just doesn't exist for them. tsk tsk :sad:

Federer has actually lost in 1 grand slam final, 2 master series finals and another final this year. Federer has not won everthing by any means. Actually he has won 7 of 11 finals.

And guess what tennis still exists :lol: :lol: :lol:

J. Corwin
08-27-2006, 08:34 PM
I love seeing how everyone gets their panties in a twist when anything remotely positive is said about Andy. :)

robinhood
08-27-2006, 08:39 PM
I think Federer-Roddick final is highly possible this year.

R.Federer
08-27-2006, 08:50 PM

All posters watch the same players; being a fan of a player does not embody anyone with better skills to analyze their idol. Fed fans are no more proficient in analyzing Federer's game than Roddick's game, and likewise for Roddick's fans. It's not that if a Roddick fan says something about his game that makes them correct -- they are merely fans themselves, not the gurus behind analyzing Roddick's gamel, or on passing judgement on others' views on his game. lol

It's also one of the laws of this board, I think, that if there is any hint of something remotely noncomplimentary, then it is attributed to bashing. I'm not among Roddick's legions of diehard fans, but I support him more than I support 90% of the top 100 (although I agree that there were posters who were pissed off about his win in Cincy)

partygirl
08-27-2006, 09:21 PM
For others it would be...not for him

Wasn't he not too long ago involved in one of the longest tennis matches ever? (Aus 03)
...and he won.
he has no problem going the distance.

in all my time watching him, the only match i was worred about him...was the longest Davis cup match in history & i would not call that a normal situation

as far as the title and focus of this thread....
I love Andy
I love Roger
Pmac can kiss my Ass, Dick-bag jerk.:ras:

And about the persperation thing the boy does sweat like no one else but that is not really indicative of anything more than his body being very, very efficent at cooling him off. :)

partygirl
08-27-2006, 09:25 PM
the same argument could be made for roger's impecable form/technique...
gotta be draining on a non robot body:)

World Beater
08-27-2006, 09:33 PM
the same argument could be made for roger's impecable form/technique...
gotta be draining on a non robot body:)

maybe its me, but i thought andy looked a little tired in wimbledon 2005 final. He was grunting and exerting more than he usually does, or maybe its just because he was playing roger.

R.Federer
08-27-2006, 09:37 PM
For others it would be...not for him

Wasn't he not too long ago involved in one of the longest tennis matches ever? (Aus 03)
...and he won.
he has no problem going the distance.
That is correct. But you might also remember what he had left in the tank in the next match against Schuettler. I think it was straight sets. And this was some time ago; I think it's futile extrapolating his physical strength at 20 into his conditioning now-- I was trying to make the point that, with his physical style of play, there will be more wear and tear on his body than with other styles that tax the body less.

Deboogle!.
08-27-2006, 09:45 PM
maybe its me, but i thought andy looked a little tired in wimbledon 2005 final. He was grunting and exerting more than he usually does, or maybe its just because he was playing roger.He probably was, he had had to play a very tough few sets to beat ToJo just the day before, and he had had some very tiring 5-setters throughout the tournament, it was also an emotionally tiring tourney for him as he got through a bunch of matches playing far from his best and he exercised that 5-set demon that had been on his back for a while and i think all of that combined with Roger playing awesome and Andy was spent, mentally and physically. But Andy did not play well that whole tournament, was squeaking through his matches and was not playing aggressively at all. Assuming he keeps up what he was playing Indy and Cincy, it's a completely different style and much less tiring and hopefully he won't be a :retard: and unnecessarily drag out a bunch of his matches with lazy serve games and passive play, which he did at Wimby last year. Not really that comparable a situation IMO.

R.Federer
08-27-2006, 09:49 PM
I watches the 05 final recently (free download at the official site) & did not notice much grunting especially relative to wat I remembered in the 3rd/4th sets of the 04 final

partygirl
08-27-2006, 09:52 PM
I think it's futile extrapolating his physical strength at 20 into his conditioning now-- I was trying to make the point that, with his physical style of play, there will be more wear and tear on his body than with other styles that tax the body less.
agreed.
I also think this year is especially different because he has had a lot of time off...

that better pay off for him & his fans eventually or i will curse the giods...somehow. :p

Deboogle!.
08-27-2006, 09:53 PM
I watches the 05 final recently (free download at the official site) & did not notice much grunting especially relative to wat I remembered in the 3rd/4th sets of the 04 finalHe's inconsistent with it. In person, I notice it a lot more. I have seen a few matches of his in person that were on tv, I'd watch at home to see how it looked on tv and can't hear his grunting/heavy breathing. He just does it sometimes, I remember he did it at RG... a couple years ago maybe... I'm not convinced there's a correlation between that and how tired he is but more the effort he's trying to give. I dunno:shrug:

partygirl
08-27-2006, 09:58 PM
I have though the same thing to myself from time to time.

Do you really want me to put you in the Dog house?

Pfloyd
08-27-2006, 10:36 PM
Roddick is one of those players, that even if he enters a tournament playing well, he can still be beaten, the same is NOT true for Nadal and Federer. If both of these players enter a tournament playing well, or merely if they start playing well through out that tournament, an upset is quite unlikley. However, and although obvious, it might be better to make this prediction when both Roddick and Nadal have played at least through the first 3 rounds.

prima donna
08-27-2006, 10:43 PM
Roger's not guaranteed a spot, but one thing is certain and that one thing is this, Roddick won't be participating in any final against Roger Federer or any other player which happens to come out of the draw.

scoobs
08-27-2006, 10:55 PM
Roger's not guaranteed a spot, but one thing is certain and that one thing is this, Roddick won't be participating in any final against Roger Federer or any other player which happens to come out of the draw.

Why do people use silly phrases like "one thing is certain" about something that clearly is entirely not certain? :shrug:

I think Roddick has a solid chance of making the final if he plays as well as he did in Cincy. The way I see it, Roddick and Nadal have to be the two favourites to emerge from that bottom half.

partygirl
08-27-2006, 10:56 PM
:eek: all i can say to the last 2 post is.
uhmm okay...:scratch::unsure:yeah right.

EDIT: not including scoobs. ;)

disturb3d
08-27-2006, 10:59 PM
Roddick is one of those players who never plays well.
Unless camping on the forehand and serving a high % defines playing well.

When an event is lined-up with players who attempt to beat him at his own game, he will breeze through.
Should he come across a player with the capabilities of taking him out of his comfort zone, he's a sitting duck.

There are a handful of quality players with the capability of turning defense into offense, and making Andy look like a clown. And two of them are in his half.
So, unless Ljubicic and Nadal are upset by quality players. There is no way *insert bad-mouthing of the talentless one* Andy is making it to the final.

richie21
08-27-2006, 11:08 PM
Roddick is one of those players, that even if he enters a tournament playing well, he can still be beaten, the same is NOT true for Nadal and Federer. If both of these players enter a tournament playing well, or merely if they start playing well through out that tournament, an upset is quite unlikley. However, and although obvious, it might be better to make this prediction when both Roddick and Nadal have played at least through the first 3 rounds.

that is not true for Nadal in my opinion,anyway on hard court

even if he plays well ,there are a lot of players who can beat him on hard court

Merton
08-27-2006, 11:22 PM
The betting markets consider Nadal as the second favourite to win the US Open, after Federer. For a variety of markets, see http://www.oddschecker.com/betting/mode/o/card/tennis-mensusopen/odds/2544474x/sid/957984. For a specific market maker, see http://www29.pinnaclesports.com/guestcontestLines.asp?redirected=yes&ContestType=Tennis&ContestType2=151*%20Mens%20US%20Open.%20Flushing%2 0Meadows. Andy is given as the 3rd favourite for the outright win. Judging by current form, PMac makes a legitimate prediction.

Merton
08-27-2006, 11:30 PM
By the way, there is no evidence that Andy's style of play induces more wear and tear that will prevent him from going deep in the 2nd week. Back in 2003 he was fine in the final coming from a 5-set win against Nalbandian the previous day. Of course that could be relative to Ferrero playing 4 consecutive days, but still, he looked fine. I remember thinking in 2004 that it would be very hard to come back from 2 sets down on Thursday evening against PimPim, then prevail against Hewitt on Saturday and beat Roger in the final. However, that was never tested. Same for 2005, Andy just crushed out in the 1st round.

prima donna
08-27-2006, 11:33 PM
Why do people use silly phrases like "one thing is certain" about something that clearly is entirely not certain? :shrug:

:sad: :sad: :sad:

scoobs
08-27-2006, 11:34 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad:
:hug:

prima donna
08-27-2006, 11:36 PM
:eek: all i can say to the last 2 post is.
uhmm okay...:scratch::unsure:yeah right.

EDIT: not including scoobs. ;)

Why don't you ask yourself one little question ?

Why are you so convinced that a player with such inconsistent results (a player whom up until Cincy was having an absolutely atrocious year) has any opportunity at doing something worth discussing in NYC ?

I'm only curious, where do all of you get the idea that someone whom had their ass handed to them in a straight set 1st round loss the year before, then someone whom had their ass handed to them by an even more 1 dimensional player the year before that is going to all of a sudden surpass all of this young talent and blood ?

Roddick has consistently gotten knocked off the court this season, no reason to think the same won't be true in NYC. We'll have to see, hopefully this time he'll make it respectable, unlike his unceremonious dismissal from Wimbledon at the hands of Murray. He failed to even take a set from the Young Scot.

Clara Bow
08-27-2006, 11:42 PM
I predict a Roddick/Federer final as well, but would not be surprised by a Federer/Nadal final or if Baghdatis gets his head out of his ever-increasing rear, a Federer/Marcos final. Or Gasquet... If he can get a DC type of fuel- I could even see Luby getting to the final because his game is well suited for the surface.

Yesterday at the Pilot Pen- PMac perdicted a Federer/Roddick final, Jimmy Arias predicted a Federer/Nadal final and Fowler predicted a Federer/Monfils (!!!) final.

I do think that Federer will make it through the top- but there are players such as Berdych, Blake, Nalbandina, Murray, Tursunov and Gonzales who if they played at the top of their ability for 6 matches without choking or having a let down could take him out and make it to finals. But unfortunatley, none of the above have yet demonstrated such mental strength so I don't see it happening. So I guess that's a moot point. ;)

partygirl
08-27-2006, 11:58 PM
Why don't you ask yourself one little question ?

Why are you so convinced that a player with such inconsistent results (a player whom up until Cincy was having an absolutely atrocious year) has any opportunity at doing something worth discussing in NYC ?

I'm only curious, where do all of you get the idea that someone whom had their ass handed to them in a straight set 1st round loss the year before, then someone whom had their ass handed to them by an even more 1 dimensional player the year before that is going to all of a sudden surpass all of this young talent and blood ?

Roddick has consistently gotten knocked off the court this season, no reason to think the same won't be true in NYC. We'll have to see, hopefully this time he'll make it respectable, unlike his unceremonious dismissal from Wimbledon at the hands of Murray. He failed to even take a set from the Young Scot.

...uh it's called belief.
and the fact that i know he can.

or ask a little guy called Connors, who feels similarly.:D

again, i know he could fuck it all up & have to start from 0
....and i'll still believe in him.

Truth takes time. :wavey:

prima donna
08-28-2006, 12:06 AM
...uh it's called belief.
and the fact that i know he can.

or ask a little guy called Connors, who feels similarly.:D

again, i know he could fuck it all up & have to start from 0
....and i'll still believe in him.

Truth takes time. :wavey:

In that case, you're not one of his fans that deserved that post.

Allure
08-28-2006, 12:09 AM
It could be a Roddick/Federer final since I think Andy has gained confidence from his win at Cincy. But he is very unpredictable.

rofe
08-28-2006, 12:33 AM
It is funny how this has become a Fed fans bashing thread just because some people are trying to question Roddick's final appearance. Shows how insecure some of the Roddicktards are whenever Fed is talked about. :rolleyes:

Also, some Roddicktards are quite eager to excuse Andy's loss in the finals during his last good run at a GS by saying he was mentally and physically exhausted and yet complain about Fed's tiredness after his Toronto win.

As far as I am concerned, Andy has not proven yet that he can reach the finals of a GS based on his form this year. His Cincy win is a good start but that is all it is. Lets see if he delivers at the USO like he did in Cincy.

Johnny Groove
08-28-2006, 12:34 AM
It is funny how this has become a Fed fans bashing thread just because some people are trying to question Roddick's final appearance. Shows how insecure some of the Roddicktards are whenever Fed is talked about. :rolleyes:

Also, some Roddicktards are quite eager to excuse Andy's loss in the finals during his last good run at a GS by saying he was mentally and physically exhausted and yet complain about Fed's tiredness after his Toronto win.

As far as I am concerned, Andy has not proven yet that he can reach the finals of a GS based on his form this year. His Cincy win is a good start but that is all it is. Lets see if he delivers at the USO like he did in Cincy.

Its "Andytard" :p

rofe
08-28-2006, 12:38 AM

:lol:

Deboogle!.
08-28-2006, 01:02 AM
Also, some Roddicktards are quite eager to excuse Andy's loss in the finals during his last good run at a GS by saying he was mentally and physically exhausted and yet complain about Fed's tiredness after his Toronto win.before you bash a whole group of people, maybe you should read a little more closely. No one excused any loss. And it was a fellow Fed fan who brought up Andy being tired in the 05 Wimby final :wavey:

In fact, no Andy fan in this thread has said he'd reach the final, so I'm not quite sure what you're going on about? I thought you liked Andy anyway, or were your many appearances in Andy's forum under the pretenses of being a fan just a ruse like some of your fellow Fed fans in the past? Congrats.

partygirl
08-28-2006, 01:04 AM
yes it is...if you must use a last name I prefer "Dicktard" :wavey::sobbing:

World Beater
08-28-2006, 01:10 AM
I watches the 05 final recently (free download at the official site) & did not notice much grunting especially relative to wat I remembered in the 3rd/4th sets of the 04 final

really?

you didnt see andy fall flat on his face. We must not have been watching the same match. He making his presence felt. i could hear him loud and clear.

listen i am not making excuses but only to point out that andy in the past played a much more physically demanding game. Now maybe he has his head screwed on, and realizes that with his power, he shouldnt be doing the running.

Deboogle!.
08-28-2006, 01:16 AM
listen i am not making excuses but only to point out that andy in the past played a much more physically demanding game. Now maybe he has his head screwed on, and realizes that with his power, he shouldnt be doing the running.Thank you, this is all I was trying to say.

TennisAgenda
08-28-2006, 01:22 AM
Of course Patrick McEnroe is going to say that. Patrick's in love with Roddick basically. Patrick never crticizes Roddick or tells the truth about him. Who can forget last year's US OPEN when Roddick got blasted by Muller. Patrick said Roddick's loss was "no big deal." Yet Roddick said he was "depressed" after that shocking first round exit. Roddick has his work cut out for him. Sure against the nobodies early on it will create the illusion that Roddick is tough stuff. However, as Andy progresses he will encounter some tough opposition. Roddick could lose to Agassi. Yes because Agassi has a 5-1 edge against Roddick. If Agassi can get past Macros and get to the fourth round he's playing well. And I can see the old man taking Agassi out. Next, Roddick could face Hewitt or Ljubicic in the quaterfinals and I think either of those two can take Roddick out. After that he definitely will be playing Nadal. According to Nadal fans they say he has improved on hardcourts it wouldn't be an easy match for Andy.

Jlee
08-28-2006, 02:00 AM
I can't believe that people are suggesting that Andy's style of play is as physically demanding as Rafa's or someone similar. :lol:

I honestly don't know if he'll reach the final, but I think he can.

Scotso
08-28-2006, 02:16 AM
:tape:

lotus eater
08-28-2006, 03:36 AM
looool ... delusional americans :rolleyes:

yomike
08-28-2006, 05:35 AM
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion or in the case of Pmac his wishful thinking.

bellascarlett
08-28-2006, 07:22 AM
Patrick :rolleyes: so annoying...:o

~Jin~
08-28-2006, 07:55 AM
Hope so!

Iheartandy&roger
08-28-2006, 08:24 AM
Who Knows. I would like to see Andy in the finals but he is going to be put to the test.

dkw
08-28-2006, 08:36 AM
Who knows... they both can lose in the 1st round. If they make it to the final however, my money is on Captain Obvious.

avinash
08-28-2006, 08:54 AM
hahah joker roddick no way he makes it..

federer will win it, nobody to challenge it

also he is not defending any more streaks and he will be able to play without much pressure. I somehow felt the pressure of all those streaks and their expectations made him a touch tense and tentative.

Allez
08-28-2006, 09:00 AM
Federer has by far the most difficult draw so I'd be more impressed with him if he reached the final than Roddick doing the same.This is especially given how the two played in Cincy. One lost in the 2nd round failing to win a set in that match and the other won the whole thing. If Roddick doesn't reach the final then he needs to be put out of his misery. None of the guys on his half of the draw have anything to shout about going into Flushing Meadows (aside from Gasquet perhaps). He is the in form player and it's time he delivered and for his fans to stop making excuses.

oz_boz
08-28-2006, 09:21 AM
The prediction seems OK based on recent results :shrug:

I hope for a Federafael final, being sure that I'd like the tennis that it would provide, but MTF would be unbearable for a couple of weeks should that happen.

In a way I hope for a Nalby-Baghdatis final just to shut the worst Fed-/Rafaturds up.

Naranoc
08-28-2006, 09:45 AM
I hope for a Federafael final, being sure that I'd like the tennis that it would provide, but MTF would be unbearable for a couple of weeks should that happen.

:lol: Yes, I could imagine that.

binkygirl
08-29-2006, 02:28 AM
All I know about PMac is that he played a version of tennis very inferior to his brother John McEnroe.

Whoa, that is harsh.

I don't believe it will be a Roddick - Federer final. I saw Andy looking scared at the LA tournament against Scott Oudesma. He might have won Cincy, but he struggled badly in the opening round against Bracciali, who is not having a stellar year. Obviously, he is still struggling with nerves, which is not a good sign. I see Andy losing his first close match at the Open, unless he can pull some serious magic out of the hat.

I'd love to see Rafa shock everyone and win the whole thing :)

rofe
08-29-2006, 04:19 AM
Andy can actually make a decent run this time. He seems to be playing without thinking about Fed's game. It helped him quite a bit that Fed was defeated early in Cincy. Finals is still too far away though.

Jagermeister
08-29-2006, 04:25 AM
At this point, the only certainty is that Federer will be in the finals (IMO).

I picked Gasquet as the losing finalist. If Roddick gets there he'll obviously be playing well and with confidence. But I don't see him overcoming Roger.

bokehlicious
08-29-2006, 06:47 AM

No way !