If federer and Nadal play the way they did at Cincy?? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

If federer and Nadal play the way they did at Cincy??

supersexynadal
08-26-2006, 08:56 PM
I doubt its a question of confidence. They lost because they were outplayed, not because they werent having a good day or soemthing. Im more worried about Nadal having lost in the 3rd round last year and in toronto btu federerer also has a tougher draw. Will they make it to the final?? And what do they need to do to get there? Your thoughts..

Skyward
08-26-2006, 09:01 PM
Will they make it to the final?? And what do they need to do to get there?

http://bestsmileys.com/sleeping/2.gifThey need to win 6 matches.

BlueSwan
08-26-2006, 09:33 PM
Regardless of Cincy form, Federer is still the outright favourite to win the US Open. I'm slightly more sceptical about Nadal - there are quite a few players who could hurt him on this surface, even though his draw looks good. He's still got to be the second favourite, though.

neenah
08-27-2006, 04:27 AM
I don't have an opinion as to why I think Nadal hasn't played too well since Wimbledon but come on, Fed won in Toronto then came straight to Cincy, back to back Masters series is kind of intense.

I'm not saying that Murray didn't play well, and I know that Fed does loose, but I'm not sure if Fed maybe just needed a break. I think winning Toronto and Cincy would have been impossible, even for Fed.

case
08-27-2006, 04:34 AM
Regardless of Cincy form, Federer is still the outright favourite to win the US Open. I'm slightly more sceptical about Nadal - there are quite a few players who could hurt him on this surface, even though his draw looks good. He's still got to be the second favourite, though.

I don't think nadal has a good draw.
he's going to lose early. regardless of how he has been playing-
he isnt up to his competion on this surface.
and please dont mention how he has won before on hard . how long has that been? hes still the best on clay. but i think hes even been losing ground on th hard courts.

DrJules
08-27-2006, 08:15 AM
I don't think nadal has a good draw.
he's going to lose early. regardless of how he has been playing-
he isnt up to his competion on this surface.
and please dont mention how he has won before on hard . how long has that been? hes still the best on clay. but i think hes even been losing ground on th hard courts.

Who will beat him early?

Adler
08-27-2006, 08:19 AM
Jesus... Fed lost just one match and I see more and more threads about worst form, losing confidence etc. He has also lost match in Kooyong before AO (against Haas) and then won the slam. Why? As Andy Roddick said after that loss "Roger would never allow himself to lose so early in an important event"

As to Nadal, he had time for serious training, adapting to decoturf, and he's got potentially easy draw that he shouldn't be worried

Allez
08-27-2006, 08:34 AM
Federer didn't play well in Toronto as well. It was only a matter of time before he lost. With the draw he has I can't see him winning the USO. Nadal on the other hand has quite an easy draw as usual. I think he will play himself into form and will go on to win the title because he'll have no Federer to stop him in the final.

Adler
08-27-2006, 09:32 AM
Federer [...] with the draw he has I can't see him winning the USO

Who is a threat to Roger in his half of the draw? Murray? Possible, but he's not a man of great condition and he would meet Federer in the semis, after 5 3-set matches (at least 3-setters). Gonzalez has a bigger chance, but H2H is 7-0 and it seems Roger isn't much afraid of Gonzo's serve or forehand. Ferrero? I'm not sure whether he's able to play as good as in Cincy. Nalbi? Good, but in terrible form lately. Berdych? inconsistent, and first he must defeat Tursunov. As for Dimitry, he will be too busy with blogging :D kidding

supersexynadal
08-27-2006, 01:35 PM
Who will beat him early?
Actually case has a good point. Hes not been playing like he should be. I feel like hes going out there to wait and see what will happen, unlike last year at toronto.
Adler I didnt say roger is going to lose. I even said im much more worried about nadal. I understand roger lost one match but he does have a tough draw and he could lose again. Hes still favorite to win. I dont care what they say about the young guns but i bet murray, gasquet monfils etc wont get as far as nadal will.

guinevere_79
08-27-2006, 05:02 PM
Roger played rather poorly in the warm-up event to Wimbledon as well. Remember, he almost lost to Rochus (who had match points I think)? Then he stepped into SW19 and cruised to the finals, without losing a set.

If there's one thing I've learned from following Roger's career over the last few years, his pre-Slam tournaments are never a good indication of his performance in a Slam. For that matter, he can play like crap in one round, then play brilliantly in the next round.

Adler
08-27-2006, 05:58 PM
Roger [...] almost lost to Rochus (who had match points I think)?
Indeed

If there's one thing I've learned from following Roger's career over the last few years, his pre-Slam tournaments are never a good indication of his performance in a Slam. For that matter, he can play like crap in one round, then play brilliantly in the next round.
Precisely. We shouldn't forget that in such events like Halle or Cincinnati he's either starting another period of the season after a break or he's tired after a big event. He must get back his rhytm and then he's winning. Of course he's not a machine, but I noticed that when he's losing people (not only Fedtards) seem to be so shocked that they almost can't think rationally ;)