Haas frustrated? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Haas frustrated?

Volcanic Tennis
08-26-2006, 04:54 PM
I saw a thing on RIS (it's like this 24/7 sports news channel) where Haas in his chair screaming "Pathetic... you're just pathetic!!" or something to that effect...

When did this happen and why?

scoobs
08-26-2006, 04:56 PM
Possibly in Toronto the other week where he went postal on the umpire's ass and lost the match?

federated
08-26-2006, 04:57 PM
:lol: that could be any Haas match

Volcanic Tennis
08-26-2006, 04:58 PM
It could be, he had short hair..

scoobs
08-26-2006, 04:59 PM
:lol: that could be any Haas match
Good point, well made :)

Not the most placid of characters, is our Tommy.

R.Federer
08-26-2006, 05:13 PM
It was in Cincy I think, in the match against Tursunov. You can also find the whole sequence on youtube

tangerine_dream
08-26-2006, 05:15 PM
I saw a thing on RIS (it's like this 24/7 sports news channel) where Haas in his chair screaming "Pathetic... you're just pathetic!!" or something to that effect...

When did this happen and why?
Toronto. :lol: YouTube is our friend :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zhW35NAmmM

v__m
08-26-2006, 05:25 PM
came on Tommy you can do it!

Tommy one of the best players since always!

atheneglaukopis
08-26-2006, 05:28 PM
This is why Tursunov needs a permanent blog--all the exciting stuff happens during his matches: Nieminen, Haas...

Hank777
08-26-2006, 05:39 PM
Man that was hilarious, who won in the end? I bet it was not Haas. Did het shake the refs hand afterwards?

Did not know Haas had such a short fuse?! Btw, IMO the ball did not go over the fence :)

~*BGT*~
08-26-2006, 05:55 PM
Man that was hilarious, who won in the end? I bet it was not Haas. Did het shake the refs hand afterwards?

Did not know Haas had such a short fuse?! Btw, IMO the ball did not go over the fence :)

He lost it.

atpSUPERMAN
08-26-2006, 06:11 PM
We need more players like Haas, not afraid to bite some heads off :D

Billabong
08-26-2006, 06:17 PM
yah I remember that;) He was quite angry:eek:

shotgun
08-26-2006, 06:25 PM

hahaha thanks for that

cmurray
08-26-2006, 06:32 PM
I like Tommy, but he needs to get ahold of himself. I like an exuberant player and I think tennis could use a few more hotheads, but NOT if it costs them the match. I'd like to see Tommy lose his cool and then SHRED his opponent. :)

Cheryl

neenah
08-26-2006, 06:48 PM
Yeah that does sound like Haas's match against Tursunov. Which he wound up loosing. The umpire called Haas's shot out and Tursunov hit it back to Haas's side kind of automatically then Haas hit it really hard even though by that time he knew it had been out. And I think it went off the court and Haas got a point penalty. But I think someone posted the youtube link so yeah watching that will make it clearer! :)

Heaven and Hell
08-26-2006, 07:19 PM
Ha...but he is dangerous..

TennisAgenda
08-26-2006, 07:57 PM
Haas is a loser I think his poor results against the top players over the years already established this. Haas is even more mentally weak then Kiefer. I think Kiefer is a little bit tougher then he is.

Blue Heart24
08-26-2006, 08:55 PM
he is telling the truth...he is pathetic....he is....remember that match with Nadal.......What a choke........

tennisgal_001
08-26-2006, 09:15 PM
I like Tommy, but he needs to get ahold of himself. I like an exuberant player and I think tennis could use a few more hotheads, but NOT if it costs them the match. I'd like to see Tommy lose his cool and then SHRED his opponent. :)

I agree. With his talent, he's the biggest underachiever in the history of tennis.

Adler
08-26-2006, 09:24 PM
The best thing is he started to quarrel at 1-1 1st set in this match against Dimitry

I also remember when he lost first 2 sets against Federer in 4R of AO (in one of them he got even bageled) and he nearly throw his raquet at some guy sitting in a front row. At least it was looking like that

rexman
08-27-2006, 12:16 AM
The thing is, he's awfully old for this. It's one thing when it's a young guy like Andy Murray, but Haas should know better by now.

Egag
08-27-2006, 02:26 AM

Cheryl

yes indeed, that would be the ultimate use of Ruthless Agression. And in our view....pure entertainment :worship:

cmurray
08-27-2006, 02:52 AM
yes indeed, that would be the ultimate use of Ruthless Agression. And in our view....pure entertainment :worship:

Precisely. Otherwise they're just having a temper tantrum, which are just useless and energy draining.

Cheryl

binkygirl
08-27-2006, 04:13 AM
Haas is a loser I think his poor results against the top players over the years already established this. Haas is even more mentally weak then Kiefer. I think Kiefer is a little bit tougher then he is.

I agree. Haas has had his chances. I think he realizes that and it makes him even more upset.

Neely
08-27-2006, 04:18 AM
LOL, Norm Chryst deserved every single word :p If not for this call, then for many other ones he messed up! ;)

"You're just pathetic, pathetic call"... "Have you ever benn a player yourself?" - Chryst: "Yes" - "Oh, I don't think so."

and so on... well, it was a great tirade, I enjoyed it and laughed hard when I saw it :) The tirade and the win against Tursunov in the final some days before made this loss better to bear for me and to take it more loosely.

GlennMirnyi
08-27-2006, 04:51 AM
No wonder he's such an underachiever.

Volcanic Tennis
08-27-2006, 05:22 AM
Yes, it was Toronto... Thank you very much :worship:

Action Jackson
08-27-2006, 07:47 AM
I agree. With his talent, he's the biggest underachiever in the history of tennis.

You just started tennis last week with a comment like that.

Haas is a dick, but the umpire Chryst is even worse.

Allez
08-27-2006, 07:54 AM
Haas is absolutely pathetic. He is so old I'm surprised he still acts this way. There is a lot of negativity which swirls around him. Probably why he has never and will never win anything of any significance. Watch him win the USO now :lol:

Allez
08-27-2006, 08:14 AM
Not if Norm Chryst is the umpire. :angel:

It would be great to see him win a tourney where Chryst was the umpire, use his speech to go off on a tirade about how he was surprised to win even after all the bad calls and such, and then use the bowl of his trophy (if it is bowl-shaped) as a spittoon. :tape:
:haha: you're in a veeeery humorous mood today. I can just picture his sneering glances at Chryst as he says and does those things. ;)

Raquel
08-27-2006, 03:42 PM

Sounds like he said something to Chryst about every match he umpires. Obviously Chryst's reputation is just as bad in the locker room as it is among people here.