Tursunov is BACK in Blogland - and this time it's PERMANENT! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Tursunov is BACK in Blogland - and this time it's PERMANENT!

scoobs
08-26-2006, 03:34 PM
http://www.atptennis.com/1/en/blog/tursunov/

Dima is going to be the ATP website's resident blogger!

I shouldn't be this excited - but I am :D

Andre♥
08-26-2006, 03:44 PM
YES!!! :worship:

ShimSham
08-26-2006, 03:49 PM
Oh happy day! :) :yeah:

Thanks for the heads up scoobsuk! :D

~*BGT*~
08-26-2006, 03:50 PM
His first post is hilarious! So, he's gonna do a post every month?

scoobs
08-26-2006, 03:52 PM
His first post is hilarious! So, he's gonna do a post every month?
As a minimum - I hope he does it a bit more frequently than that! :)

Damita
08-26-2006, 03:59 PM
:woohoo: :yippee: :bowdown: :crazy: :dance: :banana: :worship: :woohoo:

(Is that too much? :p)

atheneglaukopis
08-26-2006, 04:02 PM
:woohoo:

lucindia
08-26-2006, 04:03 PM
:yeah:Oh my godness!!!it was my birthday yesterday, can i ask for a better gift?!!!! :bounce:

NINA_BCN
08-26-2006, 04:04 PM
Yeeeeeeesssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :banana: :woohoo: :banana: :woohoo: :banana: :woohoo: :banana:

MarieS
08-26-2006, 04:08 PM
awesome! :yeah:
atp finally gets something right. :lol:

ktwtennis
08-26-2006, 04:20 PM
He's so funny...I can't wait to read it!

Whistleway
08-26-2006, 04:21 PM
This is awesome. once a month is a good frequency. Did u guys checked out the ny times article on him. wow.

Yappa
08-26-2006, 04:29 PM
This rocks! :yeah: I am sure he'll find an interesting occupation (maybe in show biz :) ) after his career has ended in 10 years.

suertelina
08-26-2006, 04:33 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

:dance: :banana: :dance: :banana: :dance:

croat123
08-26-2006, 04:35 PM

hope he does it more than once a month

Viveletennis
08-26-2006, 04:37 PM
I'm so happy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worship:

That's great !

Kristine_cy
08-26-2006, 04:48 PM
YES!!! I'm really excited as well. :aparty: I screamed when I saw the news on the ATP site. My sister thought I was mad lol :rolleyes:

peacechick
08-26-2006, 04:53 PM
:devil: the freaking handsome devil is back :devil:
:bounce: :dance: :woohoo: :banana: :bigclap: :yippee: :aplot: :rocker2: :aparty:

crouching
08-26-2006, 05:05 PM
I think he's a good writer. His writing style is perfect for an entertainment blog. He makes me laugh (which is a difficult thing!)

peacechick
08-26-2006, 05:18 PM
btw now I get why they got Feli to blog, everyone would be totally bored and than they come with this news. :eek:
And all of a sudden everyone love's the ATP again. It's a PLOT!!! :aplot:

Libelle
08-26-2006, 05:23 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

:dance: :banana: :dance: :banana: :dance:
agree...Ну, наконец-то!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!:banana:

Varya
08-26-2006, 05:27 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
:woohoo: Killer Blonde is baaaaack!!!!!! :woohoo:

AsianSensation
08-26-2006, 06:01 PM
The part about Rogi was :lol:

Regenbogen
08-26-2006, 06:06 PM
The part about Rogi was :lol:
Oh my god yes :haha: :haha: :haha:

Kimmi
08-26-2006, 06:08 PM
BRILLIANT!!!! Tursunov is so damn funny :)

Effka
08-26-2006, 06:23 PM
:haha:
Good to have him back :yeah: :devil:

neenah
08-26-2006, 06:42 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's all I can say about it :D :D :D

neenah
08-26-2006, 06:55 PM
Oh and I like the ATP's "The King is Back!" :D

Deboogle!.
08-26-2006, 07:30 PM
awesome :D I hope they still have other players come in weekly, though. Dmitry is great but I also liked the variety and the differences between the players :)

Conita
08-26-2006, 07:52 PM
aww he's soo funny!
:)

u can leave him question 2 :P

tho i think atp will answer them lol

njnetswill
08-26-2006, 08:12 PM
Cool. Should be fun to read. :)

robinhood
08-26-2006, 08:20 PM
:banana:

tennisgal_001
08-26-2006, 08:34 PM
:worship: :cool: :drool: :bowdown: :dance: :haha: :woohoo: :crazy: :rocker: :banana: :D :bounce: :lol: :bigclap: :yeah: :yippee: :rocker2: :rolls:

YAAAY! I'm so excited. The best news I've gotten all day.

My fav. quotes:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's it for the first blog!

People were just too afraid to get on my bad side! They would say hello in the morning and let me take the best croissant at the breakfast bar. They would sign up with me to practice, and one 15-year-old kid even let me win against him on clay! So I thought about the pros and the cons and decided that to improve my ranking I owe it to myself to start writing again.

topics ranging from whether Pluto is a planet or just a circular object made of cheese to “Paramount Pictures’ concerns about Tom Cruise’s recent misconduct on Oprah’s couch. Some tennis players have blogs on their web sites and I hear that soon George Bush is going to blog as well. It is very amusing to watch all of this considering, I, like, started the whole thing!

“Johnny bageled me! Tell everyone he sucks!” - and so on and so forth. Thomas Johansson is calling me “Maestro”, “Blog King”, “The Chosen One”, and “Richard Pryor of Blogging” after he realized how difficult it is to blog on my level, and even Roger asked for blogging lessons for his own web site. He is trading 3 of his Grand Slam titles because he spent all of his money on some pastures for his cow, or something like that, so he just wants to trade instead of paying cash!

Plus, I promised some of the players to trash-talk some of the other guys so I can’t really back out now.

A perfect way to start his "campaign". Can't wait for the next entry.

Neumann
08-26-2006, 09:01 PM
“Johnny bageled me! Tell everyone he sucks!” - and so on and so forth. Thomas Johansson is calling me “Maestro”, “Blog King”, “The Chosen One”, and “Richard Pryor of Blogging” after he realized how difficult it is to blog on my level, and even Roger asked for blogging lessons for his own web site. He is trading 3 of his Grand Slam titles because he spent all of his money on some pastures for his cow, or something like that, so he just wants to trade instead of paying cash!

OMG, he is calling Mirka a cow!! I'n not entirely sure if it is good taste, but at least he is daring to tell the first joke that comes through his mind :) Hope he doesn't get into trouble, though.

atheneglaukopis
08-26-2006, 09:15 PM
OMG, he is calling Mirka a cow!! I'n not entirely sure if it is good taste, but at least he is daring to tell the first joke that comes through his mind :) Hope he doesn't get into trouble, though.Roger has an actual cow named Juliet(te?), which is what he's referring to.

'Raging Bull'
08-26-2006, 09:16 PM
OMG, he is calling Mirka a cow!! I'n not entirely sure if it is good taste, but at least he is daring to tell the first joke that comes through his mind :) Hope he doesn't get into trouble, though.

No no no. Federer has a real cow named Juliette, a gift from the Swiss Government.

tennisgal_001
08-26-2006, 09:18 PM
I think Neumann was being sarcastic

Neumann
08-26-2006, 09:35 PM
I think Neumann was being sarcastic

Heh, heh. I think I read some time ago a string of posts with the exact same words as the last four ones in this thread. Sorry for the confusion. :angel:

PS There is always the possibility that he was playing with the double meaning, almost trespassing the line ;)

tennisgal_001
08-26-2006, 09:41 PM
Heh, heh. I think I read some time ago a string of posts with the exact same words as the last four ones in this thread. Sorry for the confusion. :angel:

PS There is always the possibility that he was playing with the double meaning, almost trespassing the line ;)

:lol:
Dmitry's the man.

Björki
08-26-2006, 09:43 PM
:woohoo: Dima :woohoo:

musefanatic
08-26-2006, 10:08 PM
Oh i'm so so happy, great stuff Dima!! Look forward to some more! :) :)

ChloeLove
08-26-2006, 10:43 PM
Omg! Yess! I love Dmitry :woohoo:

morningglory
08-26-2006, 11:16 PM
:banana: the king of the blog has returned!

Argenbrit
08-27-2006, 12:17 AM
Woooooooooooo!!! I love Dima. This is great. :woohoo: :banana: :worship:

Viken01
08-27-2006, 12:55 AM
yeahhhh i'm so happy :lol: tursunov is so funny :)

hanabishi
08-27-2006, 12:56 AM
For those who can't get enough of him, here's another article from
http://www.divine.ca/en/?id=2002

If the tennis shoe fits . . .
By Marcy Claman

It’s another week, another town, another tournament for 24-year-old Moscow-born Dmitry Tursunov. I catch up with him after a long day of first-round action at the recent Rogers Cup in Toronto. He saunters out of the locker room all smiles. And why not? It’s been a great day at the office for Dmitry. To enthusiastic Russian cheers and chants of “Go Dima,” Dmitry downed Italian opponent Daniele Bracciali in his afternoon singles match, then (with help from Russian comrade Marat Safin) victoriously crossed racquets with Americans James Blake and Robby Ginepri in his evening doubles match.

Great days are adding up to a great year for this player on the move. Dmitry and his ferocious forehand have been tearing up the courts from here to Estoril. He has snagged a career-high ranking of 26, highlighted by his first ATP tournament finals appearance in Los Angeles in July, a semi-final in Washington, and a slew of quarterfinal appearances. For his part, Dmitry remains cautiously optimistic. “It’s all going uphill, even though it’s a small inclination,” he says.

Perhaps this guarded attitude is a result of Dmitry’s experiences in past years, when his tennis career looked more sombre. He has had to sit out parts of the tour at various times for a broken leg and a recurring back injury, which in 2004 was aggravated as a result of a boating accident. Bouncing back hasn’t been easy, but Dmitry is building up his game so he can “win every tournament and retire to the Bahamas.” On a more serious note, he says, “Realistically, if I stay injury-free, play more matches, gain more experience, do all the right things on the court, the results will follow.”

It was love at first swing for five-year-old Dmitry Tursunov: “I think I came out of the womb with a racquet in my hand.” Later on, in the ’tween years, his relationship with the game became strained. “It was fun to play tennis as a kid. However, as I got older I wanted to spend time with my friends, not five hours on court practising. My dad, who I think was more interested in tennis than [I was] at that time, forced me to practise a lot,” Dmitry recalls, in an American accent with a Slavic twist. That’s because, at age 12½, Dmitry was cast forth into the land of opportunity — to study tennis full-time at the Higueras-Gorin Tennis Academy located near Sacramento, California. He continues to be based in California and trains at the academy to this day.

In 2000, at age 18, “when I didn’t have anybody pushing me or breathing down my neck,” Dmitry made the decision to turn pro, acknowledging that tennis was something he had done “practically since birth” and was his true calling. But it’s not all glory and groupies. Endless travel, lumpy hotel mattresses, and daily tennis practice are part and parcel of grinding out a tennis living. So is a strict diet and exercise regimen, which leaves little room for Dmitry to indulge in favourite treats like chocolate and, when he’s home visiting family, decadent Russian doughnuts called ponchiki. And then there’s the occasional clothing crisis. “Today my laundry was lost, so I didn’t have any underwear to play in. Believe me, tennis looks glamorous on the court, but people didn’t see me earlier in the bathroom frantically washing my own underwear!”

To take the edge off a gruelling day chasing tennis balls, Dmitry is that modern man who likes a good bath — and even knows what a loofah is! “You put in some bubbles, aromatherapy, a nice glass of wine, and just slide in there.” He attributes his most creative moments to quality tub time. It’s in the bathroom, after all, that Dmitry blogged his way into the hearts of tennis fans by hilariously reporting on his daily activities during a May tournament in Portugal for the ATP website.

When Dmitry’s not trying to channel Shakespeare in his blog, he likes to sleep — a lot. Other distractions include playing pool in the “PL” (player’s lounge) between matches and downloading anything and everything off the Internet. As for dating, relationships are hard to develop when you live the life of a professional tennis player. “You’re travelling so much, the other person is going to suffer. Plus, they hear about the player parties, where models like to hang out . . .” Well, one way for Dmitry to meet his match might be to sign up for some cooking lessons. “Right now I don’t cook. I burn,” he laughs. “The only things I can make really well are boiled eggs. I can cook these to perfection!”

So, should mothers let their sons grow up to be tennis players? “If they turn out like me, then yes,” grins Dmitry, who looked at ease with fans earlier in the day, happily signing autographs and posing for pictures. “Seriously, if I was a parent, I’d think twice about pushing my kid into something. It should be the kid’s decision, and if the kid wants to be a tennis player, why not?”

Today, Dmitry is happy he made that decision himself. He can now put a positive spin on his years of hard work and dedication while growing up. “Tennis for me has worked out well. I have no regrets. These days, I like to just get out there and enjoy the game, and not beat myself up over the losses.” It seems that Dmitry Tursunov is finally comfortable in his tennis shoes.

Quickies with Dmitry:
Q: If you had your own cologne, what would it be called?
A: That would depend on the smell. For a strong and woodsy fragrance, The Communist. For a light and lemony fragrance, The Traitor.

Q: A good book or a good meal?
A: Depends on if I’m hungry.

Q: Tattoo or piercing?
A: Hell, I don’t know. They’re both painful.

Q: Best thing about your job?
A: People enjoying themselves when they watch you play.

Q: Worst thing about your job?
A: Losing.

Q: Ultimate tennis fantasy?
A: Me versus Russian players Maria Sharapova and Maria Kirilenko.

GlennMirnyi
08-27-2006, 12:59 AM
THE KING IS BACK BABY!

mangoes
08-27-2006, 01:22 AM
Oh! this is so exciting.............GO TURSUNOV:hug:

Johnny Groove
08-27-2006, 01:27 AM
Dima :hearts:

The ATP is making a smart decision. I guess there is a first time for everything :)

cmurray
08-27-2006, 01:46 AM
OMG, I lurve me some Dima. He and Safin HAVE to be the two funniest tennis players EVER.

You see....this is a perfect example of when I like a tennis player for something other than their tennis playing. He's freaking awesome.

Cheryl

Egag
08-27-2006, 01:58 AM
this is great news....just awesome.

gillian
08-27-2006, 01:59 AM
OMG! OMG! OMG! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

atheneglaukopis
08-27-2006, 02:07 AM
As for dating, relationships are hard to develop when you live the life of a professional tennis player. “You’re travelling so much, the other person is going to suffer. Plus, they hear about the player parties, where models like to hang out . . ."Is that an allusion to the marriage and why it didn't work out? :shrug:

Great article, I was seeing some of the quotes and wondering where they had come from. Thanks for posting.

chicky841
08-27-2006, 02:15 AM
:lol: its nice to have him back. I actually didnt realize how much I missed the blog till I read todays entry. :D This has put me in a very good mood.

~*BGT*~
08-27-2006, 02:27 AM
Is that an allusion to the marriage and why it didn't work out? :shrug:

Great article, I was seeing some of the quotes and wondering where they had come from. Thanks for posting.

Marriage? :confused:

Deboogle!.
08-27-2006, 02:28 AM
Marriage? :confused:Dmitry was married.

marti_228
08-27-2006, 02:34 AM
I didn't know he had been married. He is young.

Does the ATP pay Tursunov to do this?

rmb6687
08-27-2006, 05:50 AM
OMG, I lurve me some Dima. He and Safin HAVE to be the two funniest tennis players EVER.

You see....this is a perfect example of when I like a tennis player for something other than their tennis playing. He's freaking awesome.

Cheryl

Safin needs a blog...too bad he's so inconsistent no one in their right mind would ask him to do it.

njorker
08-27-2006, 05:52 AM
Does the ATP pay Tursunov to do this?

That's what I want to know as well.

The King of Blog is baaaacckkkk! Great news! :yippee:

cherry@cupcake
08-27-2006, 08:25 AM
:banana: :yippee: :banana:

It's pathetic how happy I am about this.

Dima! :hearts: :worship:

Scarlett
08-27-2006, 09:09 AM
Yay!!!!! :bigclap:

Another reason I’m resuming was just the sheer whining I had to put up with in the locker room. “Can you please write something about me?”, “Can you write something about Tommy?”, “Say something mean about Bobby! I don’t like him!”, “Johnny bageled me! Tell everyone he sucks!” - and so on and so forth.

:spit: :lol:

That's put me in such a good mood.

BelgianWaffle
08-27-2006, 10:19 AM
YAY!! The blog is back :hearts: :hearts: :yeah:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cmurray
08-27-2006, 12:18 PM
Safin needs a blog...too bad he's so inconsistent no one in their right mind would ask him to do it.

I know. *sob* Maybe he'll find his form next year????

merce
08-27-2006, 12:22 PM
:worship:

Saumon
08-27-2006, 12:43 PM
maybe in Paris if he gets a WC :p :shrug: (they better give him one, otherwise Cedric will be in trouble :armed: )

MarieS
08-27-2006, 04:26 PM
maybe in Paris if he gets a WC :p :shrug: (they better give him one, otherwise Cedric will be in trouble :armed: )
of course they will...he's a 3 time champ there. besides he'll be in top 20 by then. :lol:

MariaV
08-27-2006, 05:38 PM
:woohoo: :yippee: :bowdown: :crazy: :dance: :banana: :worship: :woohoo:

(Is that too much? :p)
That's DEFINITELY not too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hanabishi
08-28-2006, 01:24 AM
Q: Ultimate tennis fantasy?
A: Me versus Russian players Maria Sharapova and Maria Kirilenko.

I would think that this is an on-court tennis fantasy instead of off-court (hehe), since his best friend Igor Andreev is apparently dating Kirilenko.. and Roddick wouldn't be too happy if Dima had an "off-court fantasy" with Sharapova. (ah, the gossip!)

celcius
08-28-2006, 01:57 AM
5 pages of posts later I still need my 2 cents :)

WOOHOO Dima's blog is back!

bellascarlett
08-28-2006, 06:07 AM
OMGGGGG!!!!! How come this news has passed me by???!!! This is such great news!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

The blog wasn't the same without dima! :bounce:

General Suburbia
08-28-2006, 10:30 AM
What's even more hilarious is how everyone is reacting to the news. Damn.

MarieS
08-28-2006, 01:06 PM
What's even more hilarious is how everyone is reacting to the news. Damn.
:rolls: yep. guilty as charged.

almouchie
08-28-2006, 01:18 PM
that was a great idea indeed

joyk
08-28-2006, 01:40 PM
Great,the others were boring,they all described their food and their rooms. :rolleyes:

hanabishi
09-03-2006, 05:27 PM
Dmitry updated his blog today, with a quickie about meeting new Russian heavyweight boxing champ Nikolay Valuev:

I'm sure he's kidding about that part about "singing the Russian national anthem." But in that pic (with Don King looking on), it does seem like him and Valuev ARE singing..LOL!!

Clara Bow
09-03-2006, 05:42 PM
Is that new entry from him or the editor? The tone doesn't sound like him, it's so subdued. :lol:

It's a little subdued (where are the !!!!!!!!!!!), but still sounds like him. His photo caption

Me & Nikolay singing Russian Anthem while Don King accompanies as a human beat-box.

made me laugh, because I would love to see Don King do some old school beat boxing.

Saumon
09-03-2006, 06:10 PM
i think it's from him and i think they are actually singing :lol:

Saumon
09-21-2006, 10:23 PM
Enough of the FederBear joke! Let's get back to the serious blog!!!!

hmmm I said serious?? :scratch:

http://www.atptennis.com/5/photos/shared/2006/other/tursunov_play2.jpg

http://www.atptennis.com/5/photos/shared/2006/other/tursunov_teaparty.jpg

:spit: :haha:

It also may depend on which part of Canada you are in because Canada is divided into two parts. One part that still misses Greg Rusedski and thinks that it's American, and one part that thinks its French and that geographically it is wedged in between Spain and Belgium and not between US and bunch of penguins.
:haha: :haha: :haha: :worship:

Deboogle!.
09-21-2006, 10:26 PM
OH MY LORD HAHAHAHAAH

i love paradorn
09-21-2006, 10:30 PM
aww, they didn't let pdorn into the tea house

scoobs
09-21-2006, 10:36 PM
FABULOUS :worship:

chicky841
09-21-2006, 10:41 PM
:lol: Good Stuff as usual. Glad that it was about Canada...altho that whole 51st state business wasnt as funny. So is he gonna be updating his blog this weekend during DC?

hanabishi
09-22-2006, 06:35 AM
http://www.atptennis.com/5/photos/shared/2006/other/tursunov_teaparty.jpg

I find this picture is hilarious on so many levels. haha

Anyway, I hope he writes about Davis Cup. I'm interested to know his thoughts about it.

mangoes
09-23-2006, 01:14 AM
Dima has Updated the blog entry with a Part 2 and it's quite a read:lol: :lol:

morningglory
09-23-2006, 02:44 AM
ooh a heartwarming ending to the blog... :) that's a change... Dmitry is also good at writing those too, not just the hilarious stuff :yeah:

Clara Bow
09-23-2006, 04:21 AM
:hearts: I really enjoyed that. I liked the more serious moments. Dima had such good descriptions. Very well done.

dkw
09-23-2006, 04:28 AM
:haha: "Ice teas from Long Island" that's like my new favorite term!!

hanabishi
09-23-2006, 09:25 AM
That latest blog was interesting. Tursunov being philosophical? It's still funny but that serious stuff towards the end didn't seem like him (or maybe he's just showing another side of him).

Vass
09-23-2006, 09:25 AM
Just 3 lines into the Part 2 you realize that you're reading something brilliant. People, in a 100 years people will remember one more Russian classic.

They WILL award him the 'Blogger of the century award' sometime soon, right?

PS: this entry was my favourite so far.

Vass
09-23-2006, 09:39 AM
That latest blog was interesting. Tursunov being philosophical? It's still funny but that serious stuff towards the end didn't seem like him (or maybe he's just showing another side of him).
You still didn't know that he has many sides?
He's not a joker.

Action Jackson
09-23-2006, 09:42 AM

He is not an idiot, a comedian and professional comedians aren't funny all the time or a himbo, it's just people choose to see what they want to see.

bellascarlett
09-23-2006, 09:49 AM
nice entry from Dmitry. :)

hope he writes about davis cup eventually.

Saumon
09-23-2006, 11:18 AM
nice entry from Dmitry. :)

hope he writes about davis cup eventually.
people who attended the DC tie said they saw the Russian guys filming each others! :D

tennisgal_001
09-23-2006, 12:09 PM
Great stuff for Dmitry as usual. I'm really enjoying the different sides of his character as a tennis pro., and as a 'comedian'. He just blends them both so well, and the product is a magnificent read.

I don't think he'll talk about DC, (since he said it's about his summer memories).

Pink Panther
09-23-2006, 03:49 PM
He's a wonderful writer -- great flow and original descriptions to hold the reader's interest. :D

Ceri
09-23-2006, 04:04 PM
Love it - especially the emails, hehe

chicky841
09-23-2006, 04:42 PM
Loved this entry...I like seeing a different side of him. It seems more natural to have him writing a bit more seriously. No one is all jokes all the time...so this is good, I hope he mixes up his entries like this in the future.

BelgianWaffle
09-23-2006, 05:33 PM
Love the blog! :)

MarieS
09-23-2006, 05:46 PM
Dima. :worship:
Seriously, this is the best decision ATP has made all year.

bellascarlett
09-23-2006, 08:47 PM
people who attended the DC tie said they saw the Russian guys filming each others! :D

yeah they actually showed i think it was dima holding his vidcam filming misha's match courtside yesterday. :lol:

i immediately thought of the blog but i dunno, what would it be for? his own private library? lol.

Metis
09-23-2006, 09:45 PM
“Gosh! I must be so mature and nice and almighty! Look at me! There is this pitiful man with no teeth, who smells like the workout room at the hockey academy and he wants to play me for money and I refuse to take his last money because he is too drunk to think straight and realize what he is up against!”

The drunk guy probably took a look at Dmitry's jeans and figured he was much better off... :D

hanabishi
09-24-2006, 08:10 AM
Could someone tell Dmitry to buy a new pair of pants?
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i155/annie572/hockey1.jpg

njorker
09-24-2006, 08:38 AM
At the end of the blog, I was waiting for a punchline and I didn't think he was serious. Stupid me right? But I loved it, he was showing different sides to his character and I loved the descriptions he made of his life in the tennis academy. It was very touching, actually.... :tears: but in a good way.

hanabishi
09-26-2006, 01:53 AM
Latest blog (part III) of his "summer memories" has been posted.
Really made me hungry after reading it. Glad to see the exclamation points (!!!!!!!) back in full force. :)

njorker
09-26-2006, 02:18 AM
So this is what she asks me next! Keep in mind that she lives in South Carolina and is now aware of the fact that Toronto and South Carolina are in the same time zone. She says, “Is Toronto on a West Coast or East Coast?!”

Poor dumb girl! :lol:

Yappa
09-26-2006, 02:25 AM
So pizza is about maths. I learned something new today. :D

soraya
09-26-2006, 03:23 AM
yeah they actually showed i think it was dima holding his vidcam filming misha's match courtside yesterday. :lol:

i immediately thought of the blog but i dunno, what would it be for? his own private library? lol.

I thought about the blog and what he would say when he was embraced by Boris Y. That sardonic look suggested some fun to come.

alelysafina
09-26-2006, 03:37 AM
Dima would be a fantastic math teacher: "2 + 2 = 4, but if you fold the 4 in half you get 2 again! :D"

:haha: :haha: I never thought of it that way!

Vass
09-26-2006, 04:58 AM
Damn, i just nearly burst out laughing in a cyber-cafe. :lol:

Regenbogen
09-26-2006, 05:56 AM
Dima would be a fantastic math teacher: "2 + 2 = 4, but if you fold the 4 in half you get 2 again! :D"
:spit: :lol:

its.like.that
09-26-2006, 06:16 AM
This should be good fun.

Dmitry is one outrageous character.

refero*fervens
09-26-2006, 08:23 AM
Unbelievable! :lol: Gosh I love his blog. Wonder what he was confessing... :devil: :angel:

Horatio Caine
09-26-2006, 08:25 AM
Wonder what he was confessing... :devil: :angel:

...his "moments" with Andreev? :angel:

GermanBoy
09-26-2006, 12:25 PM
Dmitry is just a character! He is fantastic and also sexy and good looking! Great to have the opportunity to read his blog entries more often now. :D

tennisgal_001
09-26-2006, 03:21 PM
Holy shit! This last entry has got to be a Dmitry Classic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The first sentence, and I was on the floor. Love the way he emphasized the "bagel".

My fav. bits (all of it actually):

The night I got "bageled" by Roger I went out and found comfort on a corner of a street where a Hot-Dog cart was parked. After all you don’t get “bageled” that often so to celebrate it I went on a dietary rampage.

Oh what a thing of beauty it was!!! No exclamation point will ever be able to convey it! It was not the kind that plumps-when-you-cook-them-so-says-MJ kind. No sir!!! I don’t need this nuclear technology that makes food bigger as you cook it. I don’t trust it! I got myself the one that is naturally plump and that tastes just like it smells, - wickedly delicious!
(didn't u just feel like having one of those hot-dogs after you read that?)

After that I had to stop by a local church for a confession.
He never struck me as the kind of person to go confession! Was it the "bagel" effect? Maybe he felt he was served a bagel loud and clear by Rog because he hid his raquets before the match, and well, the rest became history. Poor guy!

After the confession I made a pit-stop at a pretty cool pizza place in an “All-Natural” part of town. The reason I call it that is because, for some reason that part of town had a lot of vegetarian and vegan cafes and shops. Not sure why that is. Perhaps all the “greenies” are sticking together to create an evil plan to take over the needle, who knows. All I knew is that all of the restaurants were closed and I didn’t get to try that grilled eggplant and humus pita wrap with a slice of sunshine on a side and a wheat-grass shake that I wanted. The only thing that was still firing on all cylinders was the above-mentioned pizza place and a bar where a Goth get together was being held. They were all listening to Avril Lavigne and Barenaked Ladies so I definitely wanted to stop by but my city tour-guide wasn’t quite fitting in. Plus, I had my “Great Kisser” shirt and you never know how Canadian Goths would react to that so we skipped the bar scene and went straight to the pizzeria.

:haha: ROTFLMAO. I don't think it gets better than that. Genius.

(One thing I’ve learned over the years is that pizza CAN be healthy if you eat it in the right amounts. If you are trying to lose weight or not eat too much, pizza and maybe a club sandwich are, really, the only two things that are acceptable. Let me explain. When you order an entree at a restaurant you get a dish that’s one size. But that’s like handing a size 32 jeans to every single customer who comes in through the door. For some it might be big, for some too small. That’s where pizza’s advantage comes in. It’s adaptable to your needs. You buy two slices and if you are on a diet and you know you should only eat one slice than you just fold it over. Now it’s one slice! Or a half of a calzone, which is still smaller than a full calzone! You fold a slice so that the outer edges touch each other, now it’s half a slice! Can’t do that with a pork chop or a pita wrap. No matter how much you roll or wrap a pita it’s still one full wrap! You see, it doesn’t matter how you twist it, the pizza can find an answer to your waistline problems through mathematical equations. Something that other dishes lack!)

Math was my fav. subject at high school. Now I've got another reason to like it. I don't know how someone can pull this stuff off. Too good.

Do any of you have friends who are way too bubbly?! You know, the kinds that are really nice and happy all the time but then… they are happy ALL the time! The type of people that you’ll see laughing at funerals because they can’t help themselves, and where you HAVE to use exclamation points after every sentence when you quote them because that is exactly how they talk. In general people with that type of personality are fun to be around but in certain situations I secretly wish it was legal to strangle them!

Well, I have a friend like that who calls me from S. Carolina at around 11.30PM screaming into the phone, “Hiiiiiii!!!! You missed me?!”, “Where are you?!?!”
“Umm…. I’m in Toronto.” – I answer, “Its 11.30 here… Kinda late…”
“Oh, it’s the same time there?!” – She says.
“Well, I guess…” – I say (a bit sarcastically).

So this is what she asks me next! Keep in mind that she lives in South Carolina and is now aware of the fact that Toronto and South Carolina are in the same time zone. She says, “Is Toronto on a West Coast or East Coast?!”

Just thought I should share this with you…

Thanks for sharing, Dmitry ;)

I hope he blogs again soon, since his memories blog is now over.

Saumon
10-31-2006, 08:20 PM
New entry is up!

http://www.atptennis.com/1/en/blog/tursunov/3.asp

Deboogle!.
10-31-2006, 08:23 PM
He's so on crack and insane i'm not even sure where to begin :haha:

maiden
10-31-2006, 08:30 PM

LilyRoseAva
10-31-2006, 08:30 PM
New entry is up!

http://www.atptennis.com/1/en/blog/tursunov/3.asp

dmitry :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MarieS
10-31-2006, 08:31 PM
I think I'm in love. :inlove:

Metis
10-31-2006, 08:38 PM
:haha: and there is more on Thursday!

This made my day after the insane threads about Nadal-Federer, shushing, robotic tennis, and so on...

http://www.atptennis.com/5/photos/shared/2006/other/tursunov_cat.jpg

This cat is hilariously freaky!!!

Jlee
10-31-2006, 08:40 PM
Dima :spit:

I love the last few lines...

alfonsojose
10-31-2006, 08:41 PM
Igor and I .. that pic :aplot:

Whistleway
10-31-2006, 08:44 PM
Ha Ha.. that was damn funny.

FerrersLinda
10-31-2006, 08:55 PM
To good!:haha:

Damita
10-31-2006, 09:39 PM
He's so on crack and insane i'm not even sure where to begin :haha:
:rolls:

ReservoirCat
10-31-2006, 09:53 PM
Igor and I .. that pic :aplot:

Possessive much Dima with the oh so very casual arm draped around his boy...:aplot:

Katastrophe
10-31-2006, 10:01 PM
After he retires, I swear he could have a really successful second career in stand up comedy or acting...he's a riot and a damn good writer!:)

neenah
10-31-2006, 10:26 PM
Dmitry.. :lol:

scoobs
10-31-2006, 11:13 PM
I love this guy - he's a star.

Yappa
10-31-2006, 11:47 PM
:yeah:
btw. did he say anything about that kiss accident with Andreev? I am sure that was brought up in an interview? If not, then I am hoping that he'll adress that issue when he answers some questions again.

hanabishi
11-01-2006, 12:28 AM
:yeah:
btw. did he say anything about that kiss accident with Andreev? I am sure that was brought up in an interview? If not, then I am hoping that he'll adress that issue when he answers some questions again.

maybe it wasn't an accident.. hehe:devil:

Possessive much Dima with the oh so very casual arm draped around his boy...:aplot:
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i155/annie572/tursunov_andreev.jpg
This pic pretty much confirms what I've suspected all along.. they really are a couple! hehe :devil: good for them. ;)

Broomie
11-01-2006, 12:49 AM
James is getting ready to serve and as he tosses the ball I see a giant shadow closing in behind him. It’s Batman!!! No seriously, it is! Forget the fact that it’s also an ace! I have never seen anything like it in my life! That thing was a giant bat! It’s HUGE!!! Not counting the wings, the body is about the size of a cat. Imagine a bat size of a grown cat with huge wings flying at you as you are getting ready to return… There goes the first set!

Dima ruuuules :worship: :lol:

Katastrophe
11-01-2006, 03:24 AM
:haha: Someone's having a little fun at Roger's expense...

I was thinking the same thing when I read that! Good to know I wasn't alone...;)

atheneglaukopis
11-01-2006, 03:24 AM
I was thinking the same thing when I read that! Good to know I wasn't alone...;)No, no, it jumped out at me too. :)

Katastrophe
11-01-2006, 03:41 AM
I thought for a second that maybe I should practice naked. It was a great atmosphere and for the first time I felt what it must be like to be a rock star....Like probably everyone else, the first place where I go after getting up is the bathroom. This is quite an experience here in Japan as they have the best toilets in the world. The seat is warm, there is a water spray…You could sit on the toilet for hours! :)

Yep, it's official, J'torian's right. Would seem like to much of a coincidence for Dima's reference to be just a random one.:aplot:

napki
11-01-2006, 04:06 AM

No, no, it jumped out at me too. :)

It actually jumped out on me at the mention of Wasabi Sauce, the toilet batteries are there just for confirmation.
So that we won't have any doubts this time!!! :o :lol:

williaer
11-01-2006, 04:12 AM
How is it possible that he out does himself EVERY time?? :haha:
I freaking love Dima :lol:

~EMiLiTA~
11-01-2006, 05:24 AM
dima at his best!! :rocker2: :rocker2:

Norrage
11-01-2006, 08:29 AM
He is insane :worship: :rolleyes:

screaminhead
11-01-2006, 10:16 AM
i love the sarcasm and humor he puts in his blogs...he has a way with words (and exclamation points!!!)...just last week, i reread all his previous posts and it made me laugh my head off..again :cool:

Saumon
11-01-2006, 12:20 PM

and Marat's ;) :p
Everything was great until he found out that his toilet was broken. If you guys remember what I said a couple of days before about the parents - that they are willing to help you with anything... I decided to use this opportunity and called my rescue team, my father.
I woke up this morning and my toilet broke! So I had to ask my father to come and help me out with that.

landoud
11-01-2006, 12:32 PM
that's the same thing that crossed my minwhen I read it :lol:
and I loved the batman story :haha: you gotta love this guy

alfonsojose
11-01-2006, 02:38 PM
maybe it wasn't an accident.. hehe:devil:

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i155/annie572/tursunov_andreev.jpg
This pic pretty much confirms what I've suspected all along.. they really are a couple! hehe :devil: good for them. ;)

It's quite obvious :couple: They look great together. Igor is the bottom, Dima the top .. Yummy :lick:

cherry@cupcake
11-01-2006, 04:51 PM
Dima! :yeah:

What strikes me with this entry is that, as well as being funny, he's also an extremely good writer.

Dushenka
11-02-2006, 09:34 PM
bump... the second part of "Gold Medallion" is up...

maldini
11-02-2006, 10:04 PM
and captain wasabi again...good old dmitry...:angel:

Katastrophe
11-02-2006, 10:11 PM
Priceless, he is. I never get tired of reading it. :)

MariaV
11-03-2006, 08:42 AM
:eek: :haha: Holy crap, it's almost like he read my post:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=4366515&postcount=52

...though I'm sure it's just a coincidence. :lol:

Don't be so sure, we're namely sure that Dima is a lurker here. ;)

~EMiLiTA~
11-03-2006, 09:38 AM
i love this guy!!!

Saumon
11-03-2006, 07:27 PM
My favourite part was:
11.45 PM: Time to reserve the tickets to Moscow!

neenah
11-03-2006, 07:43 PM
:eek: :haha: Holy crap, it's almost like he read my post:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=4366515&postcount=52

...though I'm sure it's just a coincidence. :lol:

Saumon
11-28-2006, 09:06 PM
http://www.atptennis.com/1/en/blog/tursunov/4.asp :woohoo:

Wednesday Addams
11-28-2006, 09:20 PM
All I can tell you is that I was not his witness (best man) and that I am very disappointed in that. I figured that after losing to him in Paris 6-2, 6-2 and basically letting him win the tournament he should have at least let me be his best man or pronounce me his Best Friend or something. Nothing! Not even a “Best Friends Forever” bracelet! I made sure he was aware of my sorrow at the dinner with a beautiful speech!
He must've been so dissapointed. :awww: :haha:

FerrersLinda
11-28-2006, 09:24 PM
He's right, not as funny as usual. But none the less a good read.:yeah:

MariaV
11-28-2006, 09:31 PM
Absolutely great, great!!!!!!!!! :worship: :bowdown: The part about wedding was both tactful and funny (about him not being the Best Man after losing to Kolya in Paris.)

And awwwwwww @ the Sasha & the rubber Ducky! :lol:

mangoes
11-28-2006, 10:47 PM
A good and enjoyable read :D

hanabishi
11-29-2006, 01:05 AM
Hmmm... not as funny as his previous blogs, but still an interesting read..

simpletennis
11-29-2006, 01:07 AM
yay, love dima blogs. yea, not as funny as the others, but he did warn us that it wouldn't be

2moretogo
11-29-2006, 01:13 AM
Bus meet Sasha...

Wuv U 2 Dima!

P.S. why is he complaining about the traffic in Moscow? Gives him more time to blog.

P.P.S. Bus meet Kolya

Saumon
11-30-2006, 09:25 PM
blog updated http://www.atptennis.com/1/en/blog/tursunov/5.asp

tochilka
11-30-2006, 09:32 PM
LOL!!!nice description of Andreev..the guy who likes to kiss)))
btw..didnt know dima is living in a hotel...:confused:

henkon2
11-30-2006, 09:34 PM
I have to say that Davis Cup diary part II was better than part I.. even though it was a little shorter, it felt like he gave more thought to it than the previous one... But neverthless, as always, they were all great! :worship:

cmurray
11-30-2006, 09:44 PM
good entry. Gotta love Dima

Clara Bow
11-30-2006, 10:30 PM
Was the inside pic supposed to be the smooching pic? Because I don't get why Andreev would care about a pic of a car being posted.

Good entry by Dima nonetheless. :)

thiaela
11-30-2006, 10:57 PM
I like it, is good that he is back.

mir
11-30-2006, 11:12 PM
I would love to get the picture joke.

airbanging head to "lady in red" :haha:

MarieS
11-30-2006, 11:16 PM
Maybe he/some ATP monkey just uploaded the wrong picture? :shrug: Cuz nobody seems to get what's so funny about it.

Nathaliia
11-30-2006, 11:18 PM
Maybe he/some ATP monkey just uploaded the wrong picture? :shrug: Cuz nobody seems to get what's so funny about it.
It was that monkey from scarecrows' avatar :p

atheneglaukopis
11-30-2006, 11:19 PM
Andreev hacked into the site and replaced the picture he didn't want shown. ;)

scarecrows
11-30-2006, 11:21 PM
nah, my monkey wont do that

he just needs a little love

(and weed)

Horatio Caine
11-30-2006, 11:38 PM
Nice 2nd entry...can imagine Dima and Andreev bopping together in a car...a sight for sore eyes... :haha: :haha:

Saumon
12-18-2006, 02:07 PM
there was apparently a secret hidden entry :confused:
http://www.atptennis.com/5/en/blog/tursunov/6.asp

cmurray
12-18-2006, 05:35 PM
there was apparently a secret hidden entry :confused:
http://www.atptennis.com/5/en/blog/tursunov/6.asp

Thanks, Saumon. hee on the pinata. :)

2moretogo
12-18-2006, 06:24 PM
But still no day 3. LMAO @ pinata.

Saumon
12-18-2006, 06:30 PM
wednesday=day 3 no?

2moretogo
12-18-2006, 06:41 PM
wednesday=day 3 no?

I guess I meant Day 3 of Davis Cup, like after the win, etc...

Saumon
12-19-2006, 05:13 PM
http://www.atptennis.com/5/en/blog/tursunov/7.asp

new blog entry (thursday) and the page has been fixed :kiss:

2moretogo
12-19-2006, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the update!

MariaV
12-19-2006, 06:33 PM
Oooh, finally we've got the Thursday entry. :D :kiss:
I wonder how long we have to wait till the Sunday entry. :angel: Please Dmitry, please, we know you're lurking here! :angel:

Saumon
12-25-2006, 03:17 PM
http://www.dmitrytursunov.com/blogentry.php?blog_id=1167053520

Poor Sasha Volkov :lol:

Metis
12-25-2006, 05:07 PM
What do you guys think? Will the Sunday DC blog entry be posted before DC final 07 begins?

Dima is just teasing us all. :lol:

atheneglaukopis
12-25-2006, 06:19 PM
http://www.dmitrytursunov.com/blogentry.php?blog_id=1167053520

Poor Sasha Volkov :lol:"Our scapegoat was in panic! Mumbling and pacing back and forth around the locker room, he held his ducky close to him asking it for any suggestions." :haha: God, Dmitry, you never let up, do you? :lol:

MarieS
12-27-2006, 03:02 PM
The new entry is up! :banana: :haha: :haha:
http://www.atptennis.com/5/en/blog/tursunov/9.asp

Saumon
12-27-2006, 03:20 PM
Safin’s reaction was a bit more subtle. He just broke couple of racquets and went to take a shower. His day had just gotten longer than he expected and couple of dates with girls, whom he liked purely for their conversation skills, now had to be pushed back.

Deea
12-27-2006, 05:35 PM
:spit: LMAO Dmitry :haha: :haha:

Even A.Chernov, whose life, frankly speaking, wouldn’t get better or worse depending on our result, even he felt the tension. Maybe it was passed on from everyone in the room or maybe his underwear was too tight…who knows.

2moretogo
12-29-2006, 12:49 AM
Pure comedy...

~EMiLiTA~
12-31-2006, 07:52 AM
i just wrote an article from the Hopman Cup and Dmitry spoke a bit about his blog (towards the end of the article)..

http://www.inside-tennis.net/index.php?action=arts&id=495

Sibling rivalries, Czech lovers, trash talking Indians...believe it or not, it's all part of this year's Hyundai Hopman Cup.

In the leadup to the event, some of the top men's players met with the press to talk about the tournament and their hopes for 2007.

Spain's Tommy Robredo is one of the few players to have played in Perth before, including a win on debut with Arantxa Sanchez Vicario in Hopman Cup XIV. So what has brought him back again?

"I think it is always nice to come to a tournament where they treat you so well and it is great to have a lot of matches with great players and a lot of them are here today. I think that is the best thing. That is why we are here, to play good players, top 10 players to get best preparation possible."

After a stellar 2006 which saw him achieve a career high ranking of 5 and capture 2 tour titles, including a Masters event in Hamburg, he hopes the trend will continue in 2007.

"It's good to make the top 10. If I can't finish in the top 8 players on the Masters it wouldn't be very good. I should improve and I'm trying very hard. I would really love to keeping having that experience and improve my ranking of course."

2 spots behind Robredo in the world rankings is big serving Croat, Mario Ancic, who is making his debut at the Hopman Cup with his younger sister, Sanja. So, is there any sibling rivalry?

"No, it's nice for the family. There is over 20 years of tennis. My brother played also for Croatia so it is very nice...I have to be good to her because this is her first big tournament. She is unbelievably excited and I have to be the one who is calm and I'm the one who has to take the pressure from the media."

He will have a lot of support in Australia, as the Croatian fans come out in force to cheer on their team.

"Yes, there are many Croatians in Perth. It is almost like the Davis Cup. I think it is going to be a great start here. Perth people welcome us like at the Australian Open. There were Croatians waiting for us [at the airport at 2am] just to say hello. I am looking forward to the first match. Everyone has been kind to us."

The Ancic sibling partnership is not the only duo to hit the courts this year. World number 13, Tomas Berdych is playing alongside his girlfriend, Lucie Safarova. So how does he feel about that?

"It's like Mario, what he said," is the rather shy response.

"There are a couple of tournaments where we can play together. Like over in France. There are a couple of big tournaments like Miami and some small tournaments. If we have a bit of a similar schedule or no tournaments we can meet each other. It's not too bad".

And what are his hopes for 2007?

"To win more often at Grand Slams. I have made fourth round three times in Grand Slams and my worst was here in Australia. That's also why I am here. I want to be ready for the first Grand Slam in Melbourne. I will try my best and we will see what happens."

Perhaps the most intriguing character at this year's Hopman Cup is, however, Russia's Dmitry Tursunov, who shot to fame this year both for his tennis as well as his hilarious ATP blog. What does he think about Russia's chances at this year's event?

"I think anything can happen especially with the mixed doubles. I don't think there is any player has had much experience in mixed doubles. Anything can happen. Ranking wise, we are the top team and Czech are number 3. I think that it is the combined ranking that will make the difference..there is also a big difference between me and Nadia but I can still kick her butt."

Of his seemingly good camaraderie with the other players, he candidly says, "I think it's trash talk. It started a couple of days ago at an official dinner where I started trash talking India. They are actually my neighbours. They are right next door to me in the hotel. I have been trash talking through the walls at night. It's true."

Right. And what of that famous blog?

"I have got some other things to do, play tennis, go shopping. I do it monthly. I have a few things on the backburner though. It's too easy to be the clown. It's good to give a look behind the scenes. That's why I do it. If I have been doing it okay, then I thought it would be a good idea for me to continue. We try to do it monthly so it is not too difficult on me and not too boring for the people to read."

"I have to write it. Sometimes you don't feel like sitting down and writing, but I think every pro should have some form of responsibility."

On being told he was quite revealing..

"You're talking about the 'great kisser' comment. No. I think that's the whole idea, to show the tennis players and pictures. I don't think I'm exposing myself too much. I haven't said anything bad about myself."

But is he really a good kisser??

"I think actions speak louder than words. I am not going to comment on that. I think it has been fairly safe and the players I have written about don't have bad feelings about what I wrote."

Saumon
01-14-2007, 01:16 PM
DC Saturday preview:

http://www.dmitrytursunov.com/blogentry.php?blog_id=1168750884

Metis
01-17-2007, 09:02 PM
The full Saturday post is out!

http://www.atptennis.com/5/en/blog/tursunov/10.asp

At the beginning of the week I stapled an old pair of white shorts to the wall. I put yellow stains on the front of them with juice from orange rind and a small sign above them that read. “Player! Before the match, make sure you go to the bathroom!” Who would have thought that I would get hoisted with my own petard?! I was scared to death to go out there.

My doubles partner, Marat, couldn’t care less about the pressure. One of the girls stood him up Friday night after his singles match. Her excuse was that she just got held up in a library reading up on “Sophocles’ vision of life and eternal existence of a human soul” and lost track of the time. I don’t know what Marat sees in those bookworm types but now he was definitely pissed off and there was absolutely no place left for fear or anxiety. He popped a couple more frames, stacked them inside the box labeled “Defective” and went to take a shower.

cmurray
01-17-2007, 09:13 PM
The full Saturday post is out!

http://www.atptennis.com/5/en/blog/tursunov/10.asp

:haha: Dima taking potshots at Marat's girlfriends. Lordy.

Saumon
01-17-2007, 09:21 PM
Chernov :worship: :rolls:

2moretogo
01-19-2007, 09:06 PM
It's nice how he gets everyone in there. This one was definately hilarious.

artlinkletter
01-19-2007, 11:32 PM
I know this isn't his blog, but this is HYSTERICAL!! Click on the Talent link with Tursunov.
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/interactive/radio/index.html

Yappa
01-19-2007, 11:48 PM
So what was he playing? A chair/chare? Sounded like a drum?

artlinkletter
01-19-2007, 11:58 PM
I think it was a chair that the lady was trying to pass off as a drum. Sort of like, the first thing we could think of to use. I loved when the interviewer kept pressing him about Barbara Streisand songs, and it so obvious he was not a fan of hers nor did he know any of the songs. And also, collecting Walnut shells. Random. :haha: And he got overly excited talking about being shot out of a canon, Evil Knieval style.

Yappa
01-20-2007, 12:34 AM
Ah ok, so it was a chair after all.:D I kinda thought that it might have been a word which sounded similar, an english word I didn't know maybe.

scoobs
02-10-2007, 10:34 AM
http://www.atptennis.atponline.net/5/en/blog/tursunov/mailbag2.asp

He's at it again...

Tim Henman always has afternoon tea. Even during his match he’ll have tea and strawberries with cream. In fact, he is one of the very few players who is given two “injury” time-outs plus a “tea” time-out in case the match time interferes with his “tea time”.

When he eats in a restaurant he needs to have a cloth napkin, a waiter and a full set of silverware. God forbid if the utensils are plastic! He especially gets annoyed when Andy Murray shows up with a bag pipe and a kilt from the “Fred Perry” Rainy-Summer Collection and tries to recruit him for Davis Cup in the middle of a ravishing meal.

Horatio Caine
02-10-2007, 10:52 AM
Oh man! :haha: :haha:

Thanks for the heads up scoob :yeah:

nisha
02-10-2007, 04:22 PM
When he eats in a restaurant he needs to have a cloth napkin, a waiter and a full set of silverware. God forbid if the utensils are plastic! He especially gets annoyed when Andy Murray shows up with a bag pipe and a kilt from the “Fred Perry” Rainy-Summer Collection and tries to recruit him for Davis Cup in the middle of a ravishing meal. :haha:

shotgun
02-10-2007, 04:24 PM
Congrats to the MTFers who made the blog this week. ;)

cobalt60
02-10-2007, 05:26 PM
Congrats to the MTFers who made the blog this week. ;)

Fiber and Gulzhan :yeah:

Alexandy
02-14-2007, 02:26 AM
The next bunch of questions is up....YOU MUST READ THEM!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I want to kiss Igor if it's that good.

refero*fervens
02-14-2007, 03:05 AM

Dancing Queen, Andreev, romantic? :spit:

"P.S. If there are any applicants for the position, please post your bio with a brief description and an attached photo on a forum at www.dmitrytursunov.com. I will gladly browse through it when I’m getting a pedicure." Women of MTF...:devil:

Still crazy as ever, Dmitry. :D

neenah
02-14-2007, 03:10 AM
:haha::haha::haha:
That was great!

jeahhh!
02-14-2007, 03:53 AM
:spit: :haha: :haha: That was hilarious!

2moretogo
02-14-2007, 04:13 AM
OMFG!!! Mitya is a foo'. Great read. Dead simply dead @ his answer to his prefect woman.

Have Marat or Mitya ever heard of a housekeeper or a cleaning lady/ Or modern technology such as a dishwasher? (Smile)

Message: Dmitry, What did it feel like being kissed on the lips by your teammate after the Davis Cup win?
Answer: It was a mixed feeling. I was going to save that kiss for the finals if we won, but when Igor ran out onto the court after my match and I saw his golden locks fluttering through the air, “Dancing Queen” by ABBA rang in my head. It was so romantic!!!

LAWD HAVE MERCY!!!

napki
02-14-2007, 04:23 AM
Haha, gotta love him :lol:

Saumon
02-14-2007, 05:55 AM
I love that part:

For example, there is one young lady (no names, of course) who has been very persistent. I told her that until she stops chasing Andy and stops traveling with her dad I am not going to get involved with her, but she refuses to give up. I just don’t have the time to deal with their parents, you know?! God! You know, she, you know… says that a lot, you know! This “you know” stuff is getting addictive! You know?!

yeahright
02-14-2007, 09:54 AM
In regards to my “dream” woman… First of all, I don’t want a princess! There can only be one princess per household and I am taking that position so I guess there is a vacancy for a servant.

:spit:

:haha: Just when I thought he couldn't be more obnoxious, he goes and adds more gems like those. :haha:

Joyce_23
02-14-2007, 01:03 PM
Man, he floored me with his 'perfect woman' description.:haha: :haha: Hee!

Johnny Groove
02-15-2007, 02:30 AM
the man is a legend! :haha:

Metis
04-12-2007, 10:23 PM
New entry :D

http://www.atptennis.com/5/en/blog/tursunov/11.asp

:zzz: :zzz:

Kitty de Sade
04-12-2007, 10:32 PM
Nothing remotely dirty about it...meh- although he's a great writer and he did work Johnny Knoxville into it. :p

jazar
04-13-2007, 07:27 AM
what a card :lol:

scoobs
04-13-2007, 08:28 AM
You might form an opinion that I am a golf hater, which isn’t the case! I enjoy golf as much as I enjoy a nice competitive game of curling

Horatio Caine
04-20-2007, 12:05 PM
Nice story there...I was wondering where he was going with it for a while :lol: :haha: