Sebastien Grosjean's official site in English? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Sebastien Grosjean's official site in English?

Sammy
02-05-2004, 05:44 AM
Hi!

For those of you who don't know the address for Seb's official site - it's at www.grosjeansebastien.com

As it's in French, and I don't understand much French, I have started a campaign of sorts. lol.

I just sent an email to each of the three people listed in the credits page on Seb's official site.
In the email I explained that seeing as Seb's fan base was growing world wide then it was only fitting that his website be available in English to accommodate their interests.

I was hoping that others would follow suit and do the same. Send them an email requesting that his site be available in English for his English speaking fans.

To find the email addresses just go to his site, scroll to the bottom of the front page and clickk on 'credits'.

I would really love to be able to visit his site and understand what I'm reading! I'm sure there are others who would appreciate it too!

Sammy

Via
02-05-2004, 06:52 AM
i am not (quite) a seb fan but what a great effort, sammy!

esther could you start petitioning with sylvain, lol........

the girl we (+kat) met watching arnaud at practice also said that she had given up following arnaud's website, because she couldn't read the french !!!! if it's in english she would sure visit more.

Peta Pan
02-05-2004, 08:03 AM
As much as this is a great idea and I have been wishing for months that Seb's site would be available in English, I don't think it will happen.

Unfortunately (and I don't mean this in a nasty way), but a lot of French people don't want to acknowledge that English is a more common language than their own. I hope this doesn't hamper us getting an English site, but I worry that it will.

I know Jonas Bjorkman's official site has recently been made available in English - which is fantastic coz I'm not that fluent in Swedish either :P

:)Peta

irishface
02-05-2004, 03:27 PM
I hope you succeed, Sammy. Séb has so many English speaking fans, it's a big shame for them to miss out.

I've given up hope that Nono's site will ever have even an English section or page. I generally don't bother with it, except for the diaries, because my French isn't good enough to post on the forums, and frankly - it's not a very good site. Sorry Sylvain. There are as good/better sites for Nono that are run by fans and are in English. For example, Nastka's site is in English, French and Polish. I think she does a great job.

Unless the people that run the site have enough interest to make it bi-lingual, or the player (or the player's management) wants it to be I think you're talking to a brick wall, but I hope I'm wrong.

Via
02-05-2004, 09:04 PM
i haven't been to the official arnaud site for a long time, except when i try to 'gate crash' the forum, lol..... but in the past i thought it was cool in the way that it got the fans involved like it's great little club. all those fans of the month, fan's reports of meeting arnaud and why they liked him etc etc it's all terrific.

nastka's arnaud site was great too.... (again i am now a rare visitor!) but like most unofficial sites, it is an observer and cannot speak for arnaud. and i suppose it doesn't carry translations from the official site?

i don't think the french are that stubborn about english these days. in sylvain's case, it's a matter of resource that it can't be done in english, lol.

i suppose i should just approach arnaud next year and talk to him about an english site, lol...... it's actually easier to find the player himself, than to email someone on a website ;)

esther
02-06-2004, 09:39 AM
I was thinking of starting an English Seb site coz i could translate articles and interviews and have pictures and stuff but i actually do not have the time with school so...

i have been a bit slack with translating stuff lately but if marine or whoever posts articles or itnerviews of him here then i'll translate them asap

esther
02-06-2004, 09:42 AM
i actually never go on unofficial fan sites...are they actually worth going on? coz dont you already check scores yourself neway...and most news i'd find would be from what people have posted here or other sites neway

natska...how long has she had an english version of her site for?

Via
02-07-2004, 09:15 PM
hmmm... i think natska's site has been around since i've been an arnaud fan which means at least 3 years... but she probly became a fan at around the same time for the same reason, lol

esther between you and me there's no reason why we can't do an english arnaud site...... problem is with time.... you have your hsc year coming up and i have a damn uni course which never seems to finish.

Via
02-07-2004, 09:20 PM
hey, i'm testing a new thing for my site right now... reading all the links from a database which is a big adventure for me to do .... lol.... do you want to test it, it isn't done yet but i've got your new forum link on the database already, so have a look...

http://viatennis.smakdesign.com.au/links.php?type=P

esther
02-08-2004, 02:42 AM
yeah thatd be cool doing an arnaud site!! we should do one one day. just a matter of having the time but getting the information and photos isnt a problem coz we're doing all that stuff at the moment here neway but yeah if natska alreayd has an english site then i'm guessing a lot of english speaking people would just go `to that?

esther
02-08-2004, 03:00 AM
hehe thats cool that you put the new forum on it- u dont have this site on it?

Via
02-08-2004, 04:11 AM
yeah thatd be cool doing an arnaud site!! we should do one one day. just a matter of having the time but getting the information and photos isnt a problem coz we're doing all that stuff at the moment here neway but yeah if natska alreayd has an english site then i'm guessing a lot of english speaking people would just go `to that?

by the time we get around to it, arnaud may already have retired .... :o

i'll go and add more links now.......

xuzizhen
02-08-2004, 09:01 AM
Anyone knows why these days i cannot open seb's official website???

esther
02-09-2004, 08:17 AM
lol thats so true via *sigh*
this is as good as an official website for me...if that makes sense..i mean i recko forums are better than unofficial websites coz you have everyone posting here so its just easier *shrugs*

having said that...making an arnaud site would be fun!

esther
02-09-2004, 08:19 AM
no i dont know why sebs site isnt working
i'm guessing they are making changes or sth..

xuzizhen
02-09-2004, 10:09 AM
i hear that coz sb. sends virus by e-mail to users of seb's offcial forum.

taremi
02-09-2004, 11:19 AM
i'm guessing they are making changes or sth..
I think so, too.

Via
02-09-2004, 10:22 PM
lol thats so true via *sigh*
this is as good as an official website for me...if that makes sense..i mean i recko forums are better than unofficial websites coz you have everyone posting here so its just easier *shrugs*

having said that...making an arnaud site would be fun!

it makes perfect sense !!!!!! that's why i did my nono fans forum in the first place. cos i knew i wouldn't have time to make a website AND keep it up with daily/weekly updates, but with a forum everyone shares in the effort.

of course..... *after* i set up the nono fans forum, i realised there were others, like karen's cc, and you and liz here (and there) lol....... so i get lazy lol.. i am sure arnaud has forgiven me :p

hmmm...... seb's site got hacked? ..... :eek:

Tryphon
02-09-2004, 10:26 PM
Seb's site was rather horrible - apart from the regular news from him - so I hope they're busy improving it.

irishface
02-10-2004, 06:48 PM
Oh, please start an english site for Arnaud! The more the merrier. I'm trying to learn, but frankly, I'm crap. :) I think it's the time that it takes to update and keep the momentum going that makes running a site such hard work. I'm too lazy.

Via - I like the club aspect of Nono's offical site too, but it's a exclusive club. And if you don't have the key (pardon the pun) to get in, tough
sh!t. And I don't have the key. :(

Via
02-10-2004, 09:47 PM
hmmm.... well nono's site wasn't like that when it first started... when it *didn't* have the blessing from arnaud. sylvain was so eager to please, he even tolerated some vulgar swearing brats in his chatroom while we were having a live match... he welcomed everyone. but i had heard that when the membership grew, there were some more 'not so nice' characters on the forum.... maybe marine would know !!

well irish... what would you wanna see in another english nono site? like esther said, it's the same old scores, pics etc, nothing we haven't already got in our forums.

btw - ppl are now sending the mydoom virus to my viatennis mailbox :( but i don't think that has anything to do with seb, lol...

esther
02-10-2004, 11:00 PM
irish- whats that exclusive club thing? i hardly go on arnauds site any more...its too confusing for me lol and he hardly does his diary things so its not worth it. i'm on seb's every day to check if he's done one coz he does his so frequently.

OK Via...lets make an arnaud site!! LOL but we need a seb one too! haha nah i dunno. maybe the site could just be an archived version of whats posted here? like it'd just be all the articles and interviews translated and all the photos will be there but saved? and have a link to here or something. i dunno Irish you can help lol

esther
02-10-2004, 11:01 PM
oh btw via i asked sylvain about you LOL...i was like why did you take her off your site? and he said he didnt...but he knew who you were and stuf and i told him how you sent him photos but how he never added them onto the site but he said he gets a lot of that stuff so sometimes he forgets! so he said to send them again. :)

Marine
02-11-2004, 06:58 AM
I didn't know you know Sylvain so well, esther...

Via
02-11-2004, 09:40 PM
it isn't hard to know sylvain as long as he thinks you're worth talking to...... lol. thanx esther for actually asking him all that !!!!! but it's pretty useless, i don't want to try logging on that site all over again...

hehe....... OK Via...lets make an arnaud site!! LOL but we need a seb one too! how ?? who's gonna do what ?.. didn't you say you didn't have time..... remember last year i disappeared for months... mainly bc i had too much to do at uni !!!!! *sigh* i wish... i always thought 'passing potes' should be translated and available at all times to all english-speaking frenchie fans..... but that would need arnaud and seb's permission.

esther
02-12-2004, 09:38 AM
lol i dont know sylvain well...ive only spoken to him a few times but it's all about getting connections...;)

I wonder what arnaud and seb + publishers would think about publishing it in english...would it actually sell that much in english tho? i mean i wonder how many they have actually sold in french, would be itneresting to find out!

lol i know we both dont have time to make a website...but itd be fun!!

Via
02-12-2004, 08:28 PM
i wonder if amazon shows their own sales for a book on their site? maybe not.

esther we've been through all this 'publishing in english' thing last year, lol!!!!!!!! didn't get us anywhere !!!

connections? what connections. certainly not about connecting you to the internet ;)

Via
02-12-2004, 10:03 PM
*back for another msg*

*sighhh* i feel quite bad that i make so many excuses for not doing a website or something for arnaud. a fan that doesn't pass the test !!!! c'est moi.

i'm actually working hard on my stupid vwot site right now.... maybe when i get to the point to say stop, then i'll think about making a simple one for arnaud. :awww:

esther
02-14-2004, 09:30 AM
hey ur avatar is just cle now hey via!! lol

yeah we have been thru that whole english translating thing..i know...lol but yeah. someone brought it up again not me!

well if u actually make the site for arnaud coz i wouldnt know how to then i could help you with the actual stuff to put on it, but if you make it then does that mean i wouldnt be able to change anything?

Via
02-14-2004, 09:53 PM
sunday morning...... lazy bones........ :yawn:

an arnaud website....... :retard:

tell me what u wanna do..... send me a private msg or something ... you can decide what stuff you want in it, what u want it to look like... and what do u want to change in it??

anything is possible

i made a rios website a few years ago which i never got around to finish, so you know i feel a little scared to go through it again! lol

esther
02-15-2004, 04:28 AM
are we actually going to make one? me and liz are still half way through our spanish armada one but thats getting neglected lol and i was going to make one for my photos but dunno if that will ever happen...

is there any chance this will actually happen?! LOL well i guess its worth a shot...i'll think about it

irishface
02-15-2004, 05:09 PM
Esther - If you speak French - you're in the club, if you don't - you're not. When I first started following Nono, I thought there were no other English-speaking fans! Turns out there are loads, but Nono's official site does not represent us. I'm sure this is the same problem that non-English speaking fans of US or Aussie players encounter. I'm trying to improve my French so I can get out of lurker mode, but it's taking forever. I don't think I'll ever be fluent. :sad: I need more holidays in France...now there's an idea! :)

There's plenty things I'd like to see on a new Nono site - a bit of humour would not go amiss. Nono's a very funny guy, so I'm sure he'd appreciate it - see The Lacademie site! :D Also I think it would be refreshing to read some less-than reverential stuff about him. I love him to bits, but he's not perfect. That's one of the advantages of a fansite. You can say "Nono played like mince today" ;) I'd love to see Passing Potes in English available on the web, but it would be highly illegal! You'd have a few problems from Mango Sport. But sections of it would be ok.

Via
02-15-2004, 09:53 PM
a funny arnaud site? just saw his cartoon. a cartoon arnaud site would be cool....... where's the lacademie site? was that what marine asked me to do on a banner ?!!? and WHERE is marine ??????

this is the logo i made for my (lonely) forum last year and which i had just resurrected for valentine's day, lol... is this the style we like ??

http://viatennis.smakdesign.com.au/temp/cupid1.gif

i certainly wouldn't mind seeing a site that is a bit different... what's the point of having another one with the regular scores, news, bio etc etc. something a bit wacky would be good...

esther
02-16-2004, 05:03 AM
hehe with help from Irish and Marine i'm sure we could get a wacky arnaud site going!!

LOVE that cupid/arnaud icon thing!! that can be on the front page!

esther
02-16-2004, 05:04 AM
if you dont mind sharing it of course ;)

Via
02-16-2004, 08:29 PM
well if it's my site too i'll get credit for what i do :) but of course the title has to change..... what's a good name?

esther
02-17-2004, 09:39 AM
hmmm a good name... i dunno i'm not very good at that creative stuff!! Ne suggestions neone...

so this site is really going to happen via?

Via
02-17-2004, 08:57 PM
lol...... i dont know

what can you contribute?

i guess i can host it under my domain, like, arnaudclement.smakdesign.com.au, hehe... if you don't mind. that way i could run backend php scripts and database, so a lot of things can be automated and doesn't need manual updating of html code. i don't think you can find a free host to do that.

esther
02-18-2004, 09:53 AM
well i was thinking....you can do all the technical stuf and maybe i could do the french related articles and stuf...i guess we could both do news and photos...

but then if i cant change or add nething without you putting it on it'd be pretty stupid because then you'd have to do all the work lol ...

Via
02-18-2004, 08:20 PM
so how are you and liz going with the spanish armada site ?? does liz do all the updating lol....

yes some sort of content management system is what i am thinking of..... you can log in with a password and then update whatever you want.

but if i am to put in that much to get things set up in the first place........ you (and hopefully there are others!) better PROMISE you will have time to do your stuff or else the site would just sit there doing nothing...

(and as i speak federer has broken notre nono to go up a break in the 2nd :( )

esther
02-19-2004, 05:19 AM
dont worry Via, if you do set up the site i will promise to do my best to keep it going. But we both know sometimes its just Impossible to find time but yeah if we decide to do this i'll be dedicated! i'm sure we'll have a few people more than willing to help us too!! Right...?!! :wavey:

hmm what spanish armarda site? lol its all on liz's computer so i cant do nething so i dont know whats goign to happen to it!! One day..maybe...lol

esther
02-19-2004, 05:20 AM
where is everyone btw?!

Via
02-19-2004, 07:18 AM
helloooo :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: ???

no lol..... it looks like it's just you and i left.. so what's the point of doing an arnaud site when there are no other arnaud fans left, :sad: ;)

i can start to think about it..... try a few things... what's the name of the site, any idea ?? did you just say you aren't good at names ??? *sigh* lol

taremi
02-20-2004, 03:28 PM
BTW, isn't Seb's official site recovered yet? :confused:

esther
02-20-2004, 09:47 PM
no seb's site isnt fixed yet :sad:
dunno whats wrong with it!

via- yeah not veyr good with that creative stuf...i dunno where the hell everyones gone but they will be back i hope!!!

i dunno just do whatever but if we arent going to have the time to keep updating it then maybe it'll be a waste putting so much effort into starting it...we're going around in circles lol we should just make a decision

Via
02-21-2004, 03:21 AM
hmmm... seb's site's been down for this long?? injured player, broken site...... bad omen.

esther!!! i guess i have problem motivating myself to start it that's why we are just talking and doing nothing.... give me some more time to finish off what i have been doing with my VWoT site, and then we will start some serious brainstorming on ideas !!! even if it takes a few months or even a year it won't be too bad, but it would be nice to have it going before arnaud comes again next summer.

i am sorry (to seb fans) that we've been taking up this thread to discuss a potential arnaud site, lol !!!! should we start another, and hopefully when ppl like marine returns, the new thread will serve as a brain-storming area, where we can work on new ideas.

esther
02-21-2004, 10:50 AM
yeah ok well just tell me when u want to actually get down to business and actually start brainstorming ideas...

for the moment i'm thinking we'll just have what...photos...english articles...french articles...do you want to actually go look for old stuf? like interviews and everything? i want to make it as not 'official' as possible if you know what i mean...

Via
02-21-2004, 10:18 PM
noooo nothing serious that looks 'official' lol....

if we are storing lots of pics (or even audio/video and stuff) we'll have to find a separate site for them, because my web host doesn't have enough storage and bandwidth :( anything else in text should be fine... if we find some old stuf we really like (like from 2001? ;) ) then maybe, but i don't want to try too hard, like i'm his librarian or sth !!! i think you agree??

do you want to have anything 'current' on the site? like scores, draws etc... it would mean, frequent updating

Via
02-21-2004, 10:21 PM
do u want to leave all the creative side of things to me? or will u want to brainstorm on things like what colour, style, look & feel etc

esther
02-22-2004, 01:46 AM
its up to you with the colours and stuf but yeah i dunno. i dont want to research old stuf no...lol but yeah i reckno we could have a bit of 'current' stuf but didnt we just say we'd have a link to this site?

Via
02-22-2004, 02:04 AM
haha..........lol..... let's call it the 'lazy arnaud fansite'

we can link to this forum, link to other sites' photo galleries, link to everything else... saves all the trouble

esther
02-22-2004, 10:54 PM
LOL its like more of a...storage site of just links...

we are so lazy
seriously we should call it that...the Dedicated but Lazy Arnaud Fansite

Via
02-23-2004, 09:41 PM
LOL its like more of a...storage site of just links...

lol...........in that case i might as well just add an extra 'box' on my VWot site, and dedicated it to arnaud
:lol:

i am getting very good at organising links, you know !!!!!!

no.... it should be the 'lazy but loving' arnaud site...

esther
02-24-2004, 08:47 AM
yeah but then that could be misleading...coz Arnaud is actually like the most un-lazy person there is so we dont want to make people think that we think he's lazy!

irishface
02-24-2004, 11:25 PM
I'M HERE! I'll contribute something. Let me have a think about it. I found the cartoon very ...inspirational. :)

Via
02-25-2004, 01:12 AM
call it 'lazy fans of arnaud clement website'.... is that still misleading?? lol....

continuing with our lazy tradition... it will take irish another week to come up with something ;)

Via
02-25-2004, 01:14 AM
ok another one..... the Lazy Fans of Crazy Arnaud website

irishface
02-25-2004, 09:42 PM
continuing with our lazy tradition... it will take irish another week to come up with something ;)

LOL!! Obviously! I reckon that goes without saying.

esther
02-26-2004, 07:48 AM
I'M HERE! I'll contribute something. Let me have a think about it. I found the cartoon very ...inspirational. :)

thanks irish!!! thatd be fantastic if you could help out!
i dunno i like the 'lazy but loving' name i do...but i think it'd be misleading? or is that just me?! i'm goign around in circles again...i want 'lazy' to be part of the site name but think its misleading so wont be able to find on that isnt! *sigh*

maybe we'll stick to lazy but loving? its cute :)

Via
02-26-2004, 08:55 PM
.... :banghead:
we need help

the 'loving' bit will go with the cupid image, for sure....... but will that be another misleading idea?? there won't be too much loving going on at a tennis fansite........lol

esther
02-27-2004, 10:06 AM
lol
i dunno
have we started it yet? lol

Via
02-28-2004, 03:57 AM
um... have you started anything?

(typically lazy reply)

well. do you know how some sites have a scollable inner window with news and stuff? are they web blogs, or some other shareable thingy? just thinking how i can avoid doing too much. :aplot:

esther
02-29-2004, 09:05 PM
hahah i dunno
no i havent started nethign
have YOU?

we are NEVER goign to get nethign done LOL