Blake and Roddick Attempt to Qualify for Shanghai in US Open. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Blake and Roddick Attempt to Qualify for Shanghai in US Open.

Heaven and Hell
08-26-2006, 03:19 AM
With the great run that Davydenko has one week before the US Open, he will likely qualify with his endless run at ATP tournaments earning his dough. Currently Blake and Roddick are ranked 9th and 10th. Davydenko and Robreto will likely qualify if they are consistent through US Open into indoor season. So Ancic and Bagdatis will be facing off Roddick and Blake for qualification to Shanghai. It will be worth a watch in US Open.

Bagdatis is seeded to face Roddick in the fourth round and Ancic has withdrawn.
So it'll likely be close.

Havok
08-26-2006, 05:10 AM
Davydenko won't be adding shit to his tally because I'm sure his 5 optional spots are busting at the seems. Blake needs to do big things as important events because he also has his 5 optional events fairly stacked. WHile Marcos, on the other hand, needs to win a small title or two to boost himself up. Ancic is done for with this injury, I don't see him qualifying. Robredo has always been a soft seeded player he has trouble going far so hell need to pray that both Roddick and Blake don't turn up the heat and knock him out of the running. Haas is definitely in the mix as well.

mrserenawilliams
08-26-2006, 06:28 AM
wow if Blake qualifies, that would be :yeah:

croat123
08-26-2006, 01:48 PM
Ancic is gonna play every week after the open. he says his goal is to qualify

cmurray
08-26-2006, 01:54 PM
I'd like to see them both in there. Andy has a good shot - he bombed out in the first round last year so he can make up TONS of points. Blake I'm a little concerned about. He made it to the quarters. He'd have to really make a deep run - and with the way he's playing, I've my doubts.

Cheryl

shotgun
08-26-2006, 02:20 PM
Will be very frustrating to see Davydenko making the TMC twice in a row.

adee-gee
08-26-2006, 02:21 PM
Will be very frustrating to see Davydenko making the TMC twice in a row.
It'll be a sad day for tennis.

canbera
08-27-2006, 11:50 AM
well, I still have hopes in Tommy Haas. 3 ATP Titles this year so far, he has a quite good draw for the US, afterwards the Europe/ Asia indoors where he should be able to maybe pick up a 4th Title, his chances are there.