ATP Rankings [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

ATP Rankings

365Manager.com
08-25-2006, 12:09 AM
Does anyone know how the ATP rankings work, if know of a link that shows how they work so that I can implement them in my Tennis game?

Many Thanks guys :)

Btw, you all better watch out for Murray ;)

At least Britain finally has a player who is starting to succeed, unlike Tim :p

Fee
08-25-2006, 02:02 AM
Win a match, earn some points. Keep those points for 52 weeks.

I'm sure there is a decent explanation in the ATP rulebook. It's available on their site as a PDF file. Also, SteveGtennis.com probably has a basic tutorial as well.

Let me know when Murray gets to #4 in the world. ;)

uglyamerican
08-26-2006, 10:35 PM
Check out stevegtennis.com

Also, to see which points from which tournaments each player is currently counting toward their total, go to the entry ranking page of atptennis.com and click on the number of points for that player.

JW10S
08-26-2006, 11:46 PM
A player earns points depending on how far he gets in a tournament. Some tournaments are worth more points than others. Usually the bigger the draw and the higher the prize money the more points are available. The points from a player's best 18 tournaments over a running 52 week time frame determine his ranking. If a player player competes in more than 18 events again only his top 18 will count, therefore he can drop the points from bad events where he may have lost in the first round for example.