NRL ROUND 25 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

NRL ROUND 25

Mr Flamboyant
08-24-2006, 05:39 AM
Friday night's match offers a bit of value either way but who'd be game to side with the Bulldogs or Manly given the former's injury / suspension crisis and the latter's fragility minus Ben Kennedy .. Home ground advantage and the strong scent of a top four spot tips it in favour of the Sea Eagles though ..

On face value the Dragons should cover the 11.5 start against the Sharks, who're surely a little shellshocked after bombing a twenty point lead and with it their finals hopes last weekend.

Can't understand the prices on the Newcastle ($1.55) v Penrith ($2.40) clash .. Newcastle had to work very hard to see off a virtual Cowboys Young Guns outfit last week, and without Andrew Johns they appear ripe for the picking if the Panthers decide to turn up. That's the big if though ..

Will be interesting to see how Melbourne reacts to last weekend's surprise loss. Will it knock them off kilter a bit or will they bounce back to their best? If it's the latter they should have too much pace and slick execution for the Raiders .. even in Canberra.

Hard to get a read on the Parramatta - Brisbane game .. If Brisbane's forwards turn up ready to rough up the Eels then they'll be a chance of containing them. But if the Eels are allowed to get a roll on up the middle their dummy half runners will give the Broncos a tonne of trouble. It's a real clash of two contrasting styles .. The difference being if Parramatta hold sway they'll likely win by a fair margin.

Souths look morals to roll the Cowboys .. The local lads are a rabble and all the talk from their camp is about "what went wrong" this year ect ect .. Souths, for all their faults, should have far too many points in them.

sports freak
08-24-2006, 11:31 AM
Friday night's match offers a bit of value either way but who'd be game to side with the Bulldogs or Manly given the former's injury / suspension crisis and the latter's fragility minus Ben Kennedy .. Home ground advantage and the strong scent of a top four spot tips it in favour of the Sea Eagles though ..

On face value the Dragons should cover the 11.5 start against the Sharks, who're surely a little shellshocked after bombing a twenty point lead and with it their finals hopes last weekend.

Can't understand the prices on the Newcastle ($1.55) v Penrith ($2.40) clash .. Newcastle had to work very hard to see off a virtual Cowboys Young Guns outfit last week, and without Andrew Johns they appear ripe for the picking if the Panthers decide to turn up. That's the big if though ..

Will be interesting to see how Melbourne reacts to last weekend's surprise loss. Will it knock them off kilter a bit or will they bounce back to their best? If it's the latter they should have too much pace and slick execution for the Raiders .. even in Canberra.

Hard to get a read on the Parramatta - Brisbane game .. If Brisbane's forwards turn up ready to rough up the Eels then they'll be a chance of containing them. But if the Eels are allowed to get a roll on up the middle their dummy half runners will give the Broncos a tonne of trouble. It's a real clash of two contrasting styles .. The difference being if Parramatta hold sway they'll likely win by a fair margin.

Souths look morals to roll the Cowboys .. The local lads are a rabble and all the talk from their camp is about "what went wrong" this year ect ect .. Souths, for all their faults, should have far too many points in them.

Good luck champ,Really like the Bunnies aswell to crush those hapless Cowboys should be another massacre also take the Manly over the Dogs,good price their since i feel they will win comfortably!!!Eels vs Broncos should be a ripper therefor take the 1-12 option is the most likely result!!Sharks could easily cover +11.5,they play tough against the Dragons also got the size to match them!!!Warriors -6.5 looks good!!!Knights should be too strong at home,they meant business beating Cowboys away!!

andrew057
08-25-2006, 04:50 AM

No Gower for the Panther would have a great deal to do with that price.

good_gambler
08-25-2006, 05:30 AM
Canterburry Skankstown over Manly @ $2.10

Bulldogs to win it easy.

bad gambler
08-25-2006, 05:37 AM
Doggies for me as well - $2.15

gl

sports freak
08-25-2006, 08:12 AM
Canterburry Skankstown over Manly @ $2.10

Bulldogs to win it easy.

:bs:

Bolar Bolabi
08-25-2006, 08:16 AM
Manly will flog them. I'm on Manly ML

Mr Flamboyant
08-25-2006, 08:33 AM

:haha: ... a very dignified way to strongly disagree Sports Freak .. Love it!!

Tough game to pick, the conditions will suit the Bulldogs, but Manly have it all to play for .. Really need the Sea Eagles to win for work tipping competition purposes!!

Bolar Bolabi
08-25-2006, 08:38 AM
Tossing up about the over and under play.

The total is set at 37.

I'm thinking maybe the first half over 16.5.

Thoughts"

Mr Flamboyant
08-25-2006, 09:10 AM
I'm inclined to side with the under 38.5 .. but it'll be very close to that mark either way I think .. an 18-16 type game .. Any word on the weather in Sydney?

Mr Flamboyant
08-25-2006, 09:55 AM
Manly 12-0 after 8 minutes ..

bad gambler
08-25-2006, 11:34 AM
Doggies for me as well - $2.15

gl

I really got to start taking the points when I get the chance

Lost

good_gambler
08-25-2006, 03:17 PM
:lol:
I thought you supported that crap-arse team?

Anyway you were right.

good_gambler
08-25-2006, 03:31 PM
WOW! Just seen Cronulla are $5.25 tomorrow against Dragons. :eek:

Has it been like that all week?

I will definately be putting something on them at that price.
Will also be on Melbourne and Penrith.

sports freak
08-25-2006, 10:10 PM
:lol:
I thought you supported that crap-arse team?

Anyway you were right.

I do support this crap arse team :rolleyes: was just trying to warn ya that's all,sometimes you know your team too much n have that strong feeling,alsp Flamb did hit the spot with Sea Eagles needing this game alot more plus a couple of injuries to the dogs was helpful!!Good luck on your pics in the weekend!!

sports freak
08-25-2006, 10:16 PM
WOW! Just seen Cronulla are $5.25 tomorrow against Dragons. :eek:

Has it been like that all week?

I will definately be putting something on them at that price.
Will also be on Melbourne and Penrith.

Was liking the Sharks to cover but heard Timmins back for Dragons,if its Dragons last home game,then him n Barrett are most likely send off properly!!!

Mr Flamboyant
08-26-2006, 12:07 AM
Keep in mind SF the Dragons will be well aware they need to improve their +4 points differential .. If things start rolling for them they should win by a bit .. The tough thing is picking the state of mind of the Sharks .. will they come out with the bit between the teeth after last weekend's shattering defeat, or have they folded their tent with the semi finals no longer a possibility..?

sports freak
08-26-2006, 07:09 AM
Keep in mind SF the Dragons will be well aware they need to improve their +4 points differential .. If things start rolling for them they should win by a bit .. The tough thing is picking the state of mind of the Sharks .. will they come out with the bit between the teeth after last weekend's shattering defeat, or have they folded their tent with the semi finals no longer a possibility..?

Yep Sharks are a funny team can beat anyone on their day n look like amateurs the next week,also hearing a signing during the week for the Sharks might cause abit of termoil in the camp!!

sports freak
08-26-2006, 07:37 AM
Knights 1.45/Dragons double @ 1.71 looks good also Knights to cover aswell,line is only -3.5 which is a joke they should belt Panthers 2nite!!!

50 units on Newcastle Knights 1.45/St George Dragons 1.18 @ 1.71 over Penrith Panthers /Cronulla Sharks - Brian Carney scored on the Footy show n will have a ripper to get the Knights,alos too much on the line for the Knights n they will do it for Johnsy,Dragons doing it for Timmo!!!

Good luck!!!

The Gucci one
08-26-2006, 11:29 PM
Anybody know why my Roosters are at $4.10 against the warriors today? I don't usually bet on straight out winners but this seems like real value.

Bolar Bolabi
08-26-2006, 11:56 PM
Roosters are crap. New Zealand by 20+

Bolar Bolabi
08-26-2006, 11:57 PM
South Sydney to win @ $1.70

Broncos to win @ $1.95

New Zealand to cover -11.5 @ $1.91

The Gucci one
08-26-2006, 11:59 PM
We maybe crap but the Warriors are not much better. Just found an article at Foxsports saying that Ricky Stuart is heading for the sack which may explain the odds a bit although the writing has been on the wall for months.

Bolar Bolabi
08-27-2006, 12:03 AM
We maybe crap but the Warriors are not much better. Just found an article at Foxsports saying that Ricky Stuart is heading for the sack which may explain the odds a bit although the writing has been on the wall for months.

Warriors have been solid at home this season though.

The Gucci one
08-27-2006, 12:18 AM
Agreed the Warriors have gone ok but we have had a few wins in the last 6 weeks and $4.10 is value in my eyes. We should be about $2.80 imho.

sports freak
08-27-2006, 12:26 AM

Ricky Stuart wont get the sack no bloody way,also the odds would not have changed even if there was rumours of sackings!!Just looked at the list n Roosters look abit thin on paper,the bench dont look flash n with the 2 big wingers of Mannering/Vatevai it could look dangerous but in sayin so Warriors come off a good win against the Storms due a let down while Rooster's out trying to save their coach but i dont think his job is in trouble,no way!!!Good luck with your team 2day!!

Leaning on Mannerring 3.40 over Solialo in most tries h2h!!
Nathan Try scoring Freak Merrit 2.50 over Sing!!

Hard to cap the rest of the weeks games!!

Rabitohs vs Cowboys- The problem is the Cowboys will win one sooner then later,while the Rabbitohs have nuffin to play for!Danger game for the bunnies should win if they turn up which is the key cos Cowbos will turn up!!!

Warriors vs Roosters - On paper Roosters look thin as but same story is will the Warriors turn up??

Parramtta vs Broncos- Do like the 1-12 either way in this game,leaning on the Eels to just get over the line but a backbet of Broncos 1-12 for safety!!!

Good luck!!!

sports freak
08-27-2006, 12:35 AM
Agreed the Warriors have gone ok but we have had a few wins in the last 6 weeks and $4.10 is value in my eyes. We should be about $2.80 imho.

Look at your list and thats why ur 4.10,ur list looks pretty week n thin especailly on the bench!!Warriors will win,the question is how much!!Parra vs Broncos game feel likes its gonna be a scrap therefor under 44.5 look decent!!!

good_gambler
08-27-2006, 02:39 AM
Brisbane have to win this to keep their top 4 chances alive. :scared:

Mr Flamboyant
08-27-2006, 02:52 AM
Eels out to $2 .. tipped em .. tempted to hit em ..

bad gambler
08-27-2006, 02:54 AM
I'm waiting as well for them to drift more

good_gambler
08-27-2006, 04:35 AM
Cowgirls over Rabbits @ $2.12

Broncos over Parra @ $1.92
I have Brisbane in a multi-bet when they were @ $2.05 last night.
Just adding a very small single on them.

bad gambler
08-27-2006, 04:50 AM
Eels to beat Broncos - $2.05

good luck

good_gambler
08-27-2006, 04:55 AM
Eels to beat Broncos - $2.05

good luck

OH NO! :scared: :scared: :scared:

:bolt:

good_gambler
08-27-2006, 06:35 AM