Central Park, Greenwich Village, Serving and not eating bagels in New York Thread [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Central Park, Greenwich Village, Serving and not eating bagels in New York Thread

Action Jackson
08-23-2006, 06:20 PM
The big man is seeded 24th for the event and I can't be bothered putting the whole draw, but this is his 3rd section and not necessarily an easy match for him in the 1st round.

Jarkko Nieminen FIN (13) vs. Xavier Malisse BEL
Bjorn Phau GER vs. QUALIFIER
Jiri Novak CZE vs. Arnaud Clement FRA
Paradorn Srichaphan THA vs. Jose Acasuso ARG (24)

Choupi
08-23-2006, 07:57 PM
Certainly not an easy 1st match but a good test for the rest. I hope he can win some matches there.

Effka
08-24-2006, 04:40 PM
The draw is just :tape:
But i heard that faith can move the mountains, so let's pray ;)

sophia_c
08-25-2006, 09:58 AM
The first match will be a good test...i think he will be ok....

Choupi
08-27-2006, 08:04 AM
Tomorrow's OOP:

Court 10 11:00 AM

1. Women's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Ai Sugiyama (JPN)[28]
vs. Zuzana Ondraskova (CZE)

followed by
2. Men's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Paradorn Srichaphan (THA)
vs. Jose Acasuso (ARG)[24]

3. Men's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Stanislas Wawrinka (SUI)
vs. Juan Ignacio Chela (ARG)[31]

4. Women's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Karolina Sprem (CRO)
vs. Sania Mirza (IND)

Action Jackson
08-27-2006, 08:09 AM
Court 10 seems the place to be tomorrow with 2 good matches and no that is not the WTA matches.

bad gambler
08-28-2006, 04:06 AM
He should be able to handle Srich who is completely out of form and confidence

Action Jackson
08-28-2006, 12:46 PM
Too bad Court 10 isn't a show court, just hope he can win a set against the Srich, which is something that he hasn't managed to do as of yet.

Just hope he doesn't get too passive out there.

maria87
08-28-2006, 08:01 PM
I am watching live!! :)

i invite you to see my report on my forum
Marat Safin, Tennis and Art
http://maria55.proboards39.com/index.cgi

in the section Other players, other sports i have a topic for our Chucho!! :wavey:

he cannot handle at the moment the fast game of Srichna!

bad gambler
08-28-2006, 08:06 PM
1 set all - vamos

Choupi
08-29-2006, 06:25 AM
Well, another loss to Srichaphan. In 5 sets. I've only seen the 5th set. I can't say for the rest of the match. But Chucho gave too many points and couldn't convert the few break opportunities he had. Srichaphan has played aggressive when needed, coming to the net, as often as he could, putting pressure on Chucho. The poor racket has been really ill-treated.

*Ljubica*
08-29-2006, 07:59 AM
Well, I saw most of the match (sharing with Tommy R on another court for the first couple of sets) - and have to say that Chucho did not deserve to win. He always looks a bit lazy on court - but last night he looked completely disinterested and almost asleep at some points :rolleyes: Srichaphan is not a great player - he just serves big and hits the ball hard, and players like that annoy me :devil: But credit to him - he was the better player on the night and he deserved his win. He kept on playing his game, kept calm and focussed and served pretty well throughout the match. Chucho plodded around, either looking bored or (as Choupi says) ill-treating his racquet. There was a large band of Thai supporters there wearing red T-shirts and waving those large batons around. They were pretty annoying and Chucho seemed to be getting really stressed with them - but hey - he comes from a country here he ought to be used to vociferous supporters and they weren't doing anything wrong - just supporting their man and he should have ignored them. So - all in all - was disappointed and quite let-down by his performance and attitude last night. Sorry guys :sad:

bad gambler
08-29-2006, 08:28 AM
Lack of movement on the court

Action Jackson
08-29-2006, 09:21 AM
This is the problem for a guy like Chucho, his movement has to be spot on cause of his size and if his movement is off through whatever reason laziness, disinterest and then he can't get into position to hit his big shots.

Effka
08-29-2006, 04:05 PM
US Open sucks anyway... bring me some real tournament like Bucharest or Palermo ;)

I♥PsY@Mus!c
08-30-2006, 10:54 AM
I can't believe he lost to Paradorn! :bigcry:

anna10
09-04-2006, 01:25 PM
I ended up getting to go to a few sets of Chucho's match Monday, and hating to say it, but agree that he didn't deserve the win from what I saw there. I was surprised he made it last five sets. Srichaphan was definitely the favored player of the crowd, not just the large Thai cheering section. I think maybe three others with me were pulling for Chucho.