I love you Andy! 4 gs finals in 4 years not bad!(Andy's US Open Thread!!!!) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

I love you Andy! 4 gs finals in 4 years not bad!(Andy's US Open Thread!!!!)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Fumus
08-22-2006, 04:38 PM
Alright alright, it's not a great title but it's a start. The draw comes out tomorrow and Andy is likely the 9th seed(Ancic withdrawl).

I am going to be there for atleast two days, I hope Andy is there for atleast two weeks. :D

Deboogle!.
08-22-2006, 04:44 PM
:yeah: Actually he's ranked above Ancic now, he's the 9th seed because Stepanek withdrew;)

Tytta!.
08-22-2006, 04:46 PM
Go Andy! :)

andyroxmysox12191
08-22-2006, 04:52 PM
:banana:

The title makes me think of Taking Back Sunday though :lol:

Fumus
08-22-2006, 05:30 PM
Yea, I was thinking

"Flushing away a bad year...with Flushing" lol

warmy
08-22-2006, 06:11 PM
Potty humor, I like. :D

MissFairy
08-22-2006, 06:16 PM
Hahaa Fumus, i like that one. It's like so bad, it's actually kinda funny :p

PinkFeatherBoa
08-22-2006, 06:45 PM
Hahaa Fumus, i like that one. It's like so bad, it's actually kinda funny :p

I concur with the Fairy, use that title.

andyroxmysox12191
08-22-2006, 06:50 PM
:lol:

merce
08-22-2006, 07:00 PM
Yea, I was thinking

"Flushing away a bad year...with Flushing" lol
last year when he lost on 1R it was his b-day :(.

:yeah: Actually he's ranked above Ancic now, he's the 9th seed because Stepanek withdrew
;)
So he could be seeded 8 :woohoo: that's good!

Deboogle!.
08-22-2006, 07:03 PM
So he could be seeded 8 :woohoo: that's good!no... unfortunately not. he will be 9th seed. Stepanek is 9 but he's out. Mario's ranking has dropped so he's not above andy anymore so him pulling out didn't affect andy. andy will be 9th seed.

merce
08-22-2006, 07:17 PM
no... unfortunately not. he will be 9th seed. Stepanek is 9 but he's out. Mario's ranking has dropped so he's not above andy anymore so him pulling out didn't affect andy. andy will be 9th seed.
Awww, well that's not so bad either so :woohoo:
I'm nervous already, hope he's not on Federer's side when the draws get announced tomorrow.

Fumus
08-22-2006, 07:22 PM
Actually I am going to be the first to say it. I don't think it matters if Andy is on Federer's half or not. If Andy meets Federer in the final he's probably going to lose. So Federer has is going to lose in an early round or not at all. So if Andy meets Fed in the semis or qrts, it really doesn't matter except that in the semis or qrts Andy has more of a chance to win. The good news is, I don't see anyone beating Roddick at the US open this year except for Federer...if Andy continues his good form.

merce
08-22-2006, 07:32 PM
I feel the same way, but i want them to meet in the final. Federer seems more vulnerable now than he was at beginning of the year, and of course is Andre's last tournament so i wanna check his draw also. Hoping he can do well even though it'll be difficult.

Fumus
08-22-2006, 07:41 PM
I feel the same way, but i want them to meet in the final. Federer seems more vulnerable now than he was at beginning of the year, and of course is Andre's last tournament so i wanna check his draw also. Hoping he can do well even though it'll be difficult.

Yea, hey I am with you if it's up to me Andy is on the complete opposite side of the draw from Federer and he plays an injured qf in the first round, Labadze in the second rnd, Chela in the third, ToJo in the rnd of 16, Kiefer in the qrts, Robredo in the semis and Gonzo in the finals...hahaha...:haha:All his bitches in order.

Maybe Malisse in there somewhere too, along with Robby Ginepri.

merce
08-22-2006, 08:10 PM
Yea, hey I am with you if it's up to me Andy is on the complete opposite side of the draw from Federer and he plays an injured qf in the first round, Labadze in the second rnd, Chela in the third, ToJo in the rnd of 16, Kiefer in the qrts, Robredo in the semis and Gonzo in the finals...hahaha...:haha:All his bitches in order.

Maybe Malisse in there somewhere too, along with Robby Ginepri.
you've it all figure out :lol: => Malisse and Ginepri :haha:
We should check this preview with tomorrow's announcement :D

J. Corwin
08-22-2006, 08:46 PM
Andy needs to draw James and beat him at the US Open to establish who's the real American #1. :devil::lol:

I hope Andre doesn't lose first round like so many other Americans who played their last tourny there. :scared:

Deboogle!.
08-22-2006, 08:48 PM
I hope Andre doesn't lose first round like so many other Americans who played their last tourny there. :scared:Pete played his last tourney there! :rocker2:

J. Corwin
08-22-2006, 08:55 PM
So true! :rocker2:

USO 2006 Final: Agassi d. Roddick 7-6(11) 6-7 (24) 6-7 (15) 7-6 (50) 7-6 (287) :banana:;)

Deboogle!.
08-22-2006, 08:56 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

merce
08-22-2006, 08:58 PM
Boy they're gonna be tired at the end of that match.

Golfnduck
08-22-2006, 09:03 PM
I'm pumped for USO this year. I can't wait to see the draw tomorrow. GO ANDY!!!

warmy
08-22-2006, 09:13 PM

USO 2006 Final: Agassi d. Roddick 7-6(11) 6-7 (24) 6-7 (15) 7-6 (50) 7-6 (287) :banana:;)

OMG, don't even joke about that! Andy would no longer have any fans after a match like that. We will have all died do to simultaneous implosions of our heads.

Seriously, I wouldn't even be able to watch that match without bursting a few blood vessels.

heya
08-22-2006, 09:53 PM
He played an injured Bracciali. With his bad back, Andy still barely rallied or moved with a sense of urgency. His feet were glued to the ground, like they were on grass. I knew he wouldn't smash backhands and volleys. I didn't bother to watch the match.
He should heed Connors' advice more than anyone else's.

He barely cared about winning Cincy because he listened to A-hole pMc's Federer comments.

Andy said he didn't turn on the TV after Wimbledon. He should've turned off the volume when the Mc brothers talked.

John Mc said, "Andy can't play like a top 100 player. He flexed his muscles before hitting a ball". :rolleyes:

Fumus
08-22-2006, 09:56 PM

I think Andy would retire after that match as well..hahaha.

acoffeygirl
08-22-2006, 10:08 PM
Boy they're gonna be tired at the end of that match.
Tired? I'm pretty sure they would be dead!

heya
08-22-2006, 10:21 PM
Andy kisses Agassi's pigeon butt more than James does.
Andy calls that "selfish"' love. :scared: :o

His fitness has room for improvement, so a marathon-love fest match wouldn't happen. :o

knight_ley
08-22-2006, 10:23 PM

:haha: That would be like a four day final!!!! :lol: I'm in! ;)

superpinkone37
08-23-2006, 12:36 AM
LOL Jace :haha: :haha:

morningglory
08-23-2006, 01:02 AM
mmmm.... I don't think Andre'll make it to the final, Jace... but wateva :banana: that would be soooo cool

blosson
08-23-2006, 01:07 AM
This outcome would be great with Andy having to beat Roger and Ljubicic on the way and Andre should beat Nadal. :lol:

Deboogle!.
08-23-2006, 02:43 AM
Jimmy's in NY! :D
=============
Lexus and Andy Take On Flushing Meadows
August 22nd, 2006 07:54 pm
By Andyroddick.com Staff

Following an appearance on Fox & Friends, taping ESPN2’s Cold Pizza (which will air twice on Wednesday), and an interview with Entertainment Tonight on the Grandstand Court, Andy and Lexus took over Flushing Meadows.

Andy handed out Andy Roddick Foundation No Compromise bracelets on behalf of Lexus’s generous donation to the foundation. He was also given a special tour of the new hybrid Lexus featured on site at the US Open.

After an extensive look at the new Hybrid features, Andy headed to Arthur Ashe Stadium for a practice with Jimmy Connors and John Roddick. On the car ride back to the city, Andy and Lexus capped off the exciting day with a few radio interviews for AP Radio Network and VNR.

Check back to AR.com for more of Andy in NYC

Carito_90
08-23-2006, 03:02 AM
WOOT yay for Jimmy! :D I hope his hip is doing fine. :)

partygirl
08-23-2006, 05:11 AM
:yeah:...just because.
I want the Hybrid Lexus & Andy:p:hearts:

Fumus
08-23-2006, 02:58 PM
I asked over at ar.com so I'll ask here too: can somebody please upload the 2nd set tiebreak from Roddick vs Bracciali at Cincy?

That was the day the rain delays and Rafa's match screwed up my VCR timer so I missed half the match.

Thanks in advance to any helpful person. :D

It's totally not worth watching. Imagine the sloppiest TB ever played, with both guys making errors and giving the advantage away....yea, watching it will only make you :rolleyes:

merce
08-23-2006, 03:29 PM
From USO website:

The 2006 US Open Draw Ceremony will be held on Wednesday, August 23 at 11 am eastern time at the United Nations in New York City. The men's and women's main singles draw will be posted on USOpen.org shortly afterwards.

tangerine_dream
08-23-2006, 03:40 PM
Good morning everyone.

It's been three days since Andy's Cincy win and I am still http://www.wdisneyw.com/forums/images/smilies2004/excited.gif :bounce: http://www.wdisneyw.com/forums/images/smilies2004/excited.gif :bounce: http://www.wdisneyw.com/forums/images/smilies2004/excited.gif :bounce: :lol:

Tytta!.
08-23-2006, 03:58 PM
Good morning everyone.

It's been three days since Andy's Cincy win and I am still http://www.wdisneyw.com/forums/images/smilies2004/excited.gif :bounce: http://www.wdisneyw.com/forums/images/smilies2004/excited.gif :bounce: http://www.wdisneyw.com/forums/images/smilies2004/excited.gif :bounce: :lol:

:D:D:D:D:D:D

MissFairy
08-23-2006, 04:07 PM
I had some friends over on Monday night, and i showed them the highlights from the Murray match, the semi and the final because i'd been telling them that Andy was playing so much better than he had been (they didn't believe me lol) and they were riveted. They even gasped at some of his shotmaking :lol: I was quite proud!

tangerine_dream
08-23-2006, 05:41 PM
btw, if anyone's interested, John McEnroe will be a guest on David Letterman tonight. :D

Deboogle!.
08-23-2006, 05:58 PM
The draw's out. Could've been worse for Andy. Marcos or Agassi in the 4th round, though. Ljubicic or Hewitt most likely in the quarters...

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/draws/ms/r1s3.html

tangerine_dream
08-23-2006, 06:03 PM
Who'd Andy get in the first round? Donald Young? ;)

Deboogle!.
08-23-2006, 06:04 PM
Serra from France. Good player but shouldn't really trouble Andy much on quick HC IMO

Tytta!.
08-23-2006, 06:18 PM
Yeah, the draw looks quite nice actually imo
go andy :D :yeah:

Merton
08-23-2006, 06:26 PM
Good luck Andy :D I think it will be Marcos in R16 and Gasquet or Djokovic in the quarters.

merce
08-23-2006, 06:28 PM
It's a decent side of the draw :yeah:

morningglory
08-23-2006, 06:29 PM
Andy VS Lleyton hehe.... :devil: the potato will be baked with bacon bits and cheese

time to level the H2H a bit more...

Tytta!.
08-23-2006, 06:30 PM
Andy VS Lleyton hehe.... :devil: the potato will be baked with bacon bits and cheese

:devil: :yeah:

Volcanic Tennis
08-23-2006, 06:53 PM
I am loving Andy's draw!

Faik Kheft
08-23-2006, 07:47 PM

time to level the H2H a bit more...
I don't think Lleyton will make it that far...

Deboogle!.
08-23-2006, 07:51 PM
Lleyton is still questionable to even play at all, I think.

Tytta!.
08-23-2006, 07:52 PM
That's true

J. Corwin
08-23-2006, 08:35 PM
No Agassi-Roddick dream final!!! :bigcry::bigcry:

Kind draw for Andy though. Forces him to step up early but not nearly impossible. :cool:

Fumus
08-23-2006, 08:41 PM
Fumus brings you the draw breakdown for Andy Roddick at the US Open!! From the First round to the Final, I did it all. So sit back relax and read how Andy is going to progress to the US open final for the second time in his career.

Were you as excited as I was about the US Open draw!? For me seeing the draw for the US Open is being like a little kid on Christmas morning again. It can either be really exciting when you get all the toys you asked for or disappointing when you opened your gifts and found clothes. “UUggghh clothes!! I wanted Hot Wheels!”. This year I got everything I wanted, the GI Joe with the “kung fu grip” and Teddy Ruxspin. It couldn’t have been a better Christmas in terms of this draw, not only is Andy not in Federer’s half of the draw but he’s got a relatively easy run until the round of 16.

In the first round, Andy plays Florent Serra of France. Serra has had a good year by his own standards; he won his second ATP title of his career in Adelaide. Serra is a consistent player although, he doesn’t really have any weapons but he does everything pretty well. The pair have had no prior meetings but look for Andy to continue his good form and blow through Serra in straight sets.

The second round brings some grand slam revenge. Andy plays Alberto Martin, who beat him in the first round of the French Open this year when Andy was playing on an injured ankle. Andy has beaten Martin four times in five attempts. The last time they met on hard-court was this year was in Miami and Andy won convincingly 6-3, 6-1. Look for Andy to improve his winning advantage over Martin by another match with a comfortable straight set victory.

The third round brings Fabrice Santoro or Fernando Verdasco. Between the two players Andy holds a combined 6-2 record. Andy has beaten Verdasco twice already this year in straight sets and Andy beat Fabrice in the semi-finals of Lyon last year also in straight sets. I see the straight set trend continuing although, either one of these players could be tricky if Andy isn’t very authoritative from the back of the court.

To the round of 16!! So if Andy plays anywhere near his best tennis I believe we will see him in the round of 16 where he will either play one of his bitches, one of the games legends, or grudge match against a loveable Cypriot. His bitches will come in the form of Sebastian Grosjean and Thomas Johansson, who Andy collectively holds a 10 and 1 record against. The legend comes in the form of no other than Andre Agassi who Andy has never beaten on hard-court but given Andre’s injury and recent form, I doubt the two will meet. If Andy and Andre do meet however, surely Andy will be the favorite. The grudge match comes against Marcos Baghdatis. Marcos sent Andy packing at the Austrialian Open this year, it was really the point when Andy’s year when to crap and never looked back. If Andy can with this match convincingly it will be a great confidence builder and sweet revenge against those feisty fans from Cyprus…finally they can shut up!!!

In the quarterfinals, Andy’s opponent looks to be Ivan Ljubicic. How Andy would dearly love to notch a victory against Lube-a-dick, Davis Cup 05’ ring a bell to anyone?! Before that fateful Davis Cup match Andy was a healthy 5 and 1 against Ivan. Andy still has a winning record against the big serving loud mouthed Croatian but has lost the last two times they have played. Andy will certainly have to bring his best tennis to defeat him at this year’s open, as Ivan will be Andy’s biggest test on the way to final. Besides Ivan, his other opponents from that half of the quarter don’t appear all that threatening. Richard Gasquet the talented Frenchmen could be some trouble if he makes in to the quarter finals but, he’s a very streaky player and his loopy strokes will hurt him while trying to return Andy’s serve on the decoturf. Andy might run into 01’ champion Lleyton Hewitt but his form as of late has been mediocre at best and the last time the two met on hard-court last year Andy defeated him comfortably in straight sets.

Are you kidding me? Are we honestly talking about Andy in the semifinals of a grand slam before he’s even played a match, I mean, before a single ball has been struck?! Yea that’s right. It looks like Andy will play a champion or a chump-ion. Rafael Nadal looms large, sorta like a big fish in a small sea. That’s because there are no threats in Nadal’s half what-so-ever!!! Andy fed Rafa a bagel in first set the last time the two played on hard-court, which was a win for Roddick. Fans will probably tell you Rafa has gotten better since then. It’s probably true Rafa has gotten better since then, but Nadal has a not so secret problem with playing big hitter and big servers. Just ask James Blake and Thomas Berdych (or if they aren’t available just check Rafa’s record against them). So If Andy doesn’t play Rafa, then he will likely play a chump who is just happy to be in the semi-finals of a grand slam. I’ll take Andy’s odds of winning in both situations.

On to the final…Mr Federer waits or we hope he doesn’t. Federer has a much tougher draw with players like Safin, Ferrero, Nalbandian, Tursonov, Blake, Murray, Haas and Gonzalez floating around. I like Andy’s chances against anyone in the final except Roger.

blosson
08-23-2006, 08:53 PM
Andy's draw is ok. How lucky, he's once again at the opposite side from Roger.

Tim's in Roger's box again! :(

andyroxmysox12191
08-23-2006, 09:01 PM
Well thank you for that Fumus :hug:

Draw isn't that bad but I'm not gonna jynx the guy in any way (I'll try not to lol). I just want him to get into the second week so I can see him :lol:

Jimmy :banana:

MissFairy
08-23-2006, 09:10 PM
Wow, Fumus. Thankyou (: I never even looked further than the third round, but yeah, it's a good draw.

Deboogle!.
08-23-2006, 09:20 PM
yo. ALL OF YOU WITH FACEBOOK MUST JOIN MY GROUP.

thanks! I only started it last night and we already have 81 members!!!!! (except for *cough* DEB *cough* )Sorry, I will, I just haven't gotten around to clicking the link in my email yet :lol:

wow Ryan, very nice. I hope you're right :)

Deboogle!.
08-23-2006, 09:38 PM
Deb, why is your name FlashDeb?Hm, Jenny would explain it better than I would :lol:

Fumus
08-23-2006, 09:40 PM
Well I usually do a preview for every tourny, if you have noticed. ;)

This time I was just sooo excited about the draw and about the US Open, I just flipped. Since I named the thread and stuff, I decided I would write something extra cool.

Anyways, I mean its a tough draw but any draw in tennis is tough. You have to go out and win, it's just with the form and the confidence I saw last week...it's not bad at all, and it's not really even testing until the second week. All the key guys, or threats to Andy that I pointed out at the end of my little preview are in Fed's half. I think Ivan will be the biggest test for Andy. Andy has all the young guns in his half Djokovic, Monfils, Marcos, Gasquet, and not to mention Nadal.

Havok
08-23-2006, 09:46 PM
The draw gods have been incredibly kind to Roddick IMO. Avoids Federer's hald of the draw, as well as avoids dangerous floater Marat Safin. Has it easy till the 4r. Marcos/Agassi shouldn't cause too much trouble really (I see Andre losing ro Marcos in a possible 5 setter in the 2r). Ljubicic I doubt will hold his seed (Gasquet can surely repeat what he did to him last year same event in the 3r :p). Andy can have a really nice deep run here. At least a QF appearance for Roddick, but I'm sure once he gets that far he'll probably push his way to the finals. As long as his game remained the same as it was in Cincy and no more injuries occur *Crosses fingers* Andy is a legit top contender for this title :D:D.

Deboogle!.
08-23-2006, 09:48 PM
Does anyone else tihnk Santoro in the third round could give Andy fits? I think Santoro could beat Verdasco

tangerine_dream
08-23-2006, 10:00 PM
Nice preview, Fumus. Thanks for that. :)

It's not just us and PMac and Pam Shriver who are positively giddy about this new Andy. Here's another writer who can't wait to see what USO holds for our man :cool:

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_tennis/2006/08/roddick_on_the_.html

Roddick On The Right Horse
Charles Bricker
August 22, 2006

When I arrive in New York later this week, I expect to find a rejuvenated Andy Roddick, bubbling over with self-confidence and ready to reassert himself at the venue where he won his only Grand Slam, in 2003.

This post-Wimbledon summer wasn't the way Roddick planned it. He was going to play week after week, singles and some doubles. Just play. Just get out there and feel the game again. And, though a muscle pull took a couple tournaments out of his schedule, he still got in 13 matches, won 12, and goes to the U.S. Open with his first title of the year.

What's changed since he left Wimbledon, despondent and wondering what he needed to do to get back to the top?

No doubt Jimmy Connors is part of the answer. He's an intense guy who brings fire to the practice court and has translated that back into Roddick's persona. But Connors can't swing the racket for Andy and, after watching him through Indianapolis and Cincinnati, you can see where the mental differences are making a physical difference on court.

Connors and brother John Roddick have finally pushed Andy to make the fundamental changes in his game that brought back his 2003-05 aggression and they're all things Roddick knew he had to do. The difficulty was getting someone to influence him to do it, and you have to credit Connors for that.

Here are the key areas:

* Serving. There has never been a question about Andy's ability to hit a serve 140 mph, but he's mixing speeds better, is less predictable and getting better and more consistent location than he was earlier in the year. In 10 sets at Wimbledon, he averaged 6.1 aces a set -- on grass, where it's a lot easier to get aces than even a fast hardcourt. In 13 sets at Cincinnati last week, Roddick averaged 6.5 aces per set. He faced 21 break points in three matches at Wimbledon (7.0 per match). This summer, at Indy, Los Angeles and Cincinnati, he's faced 26 break points in 13 matches (2.0 per match). This is the championship serving that won him the '03 U.S. Open.

* Hugging the baseline. Before this season began, Roddick talked in strong terms about getting inside the baseline, particularly on second serves, to take the ball earlier and shorten the distance his shots have to travel. He talked about stepping inside the baseline and taking a whack. But old habits are tough to break and only now, post-Wimbledon, has his positioning at the baseline look like a serious part of his game plans.

* Backhands. It's been a long time -- maybe never -- since Roddick believed in his backhand as much as he does now. He's no longer just using it as a rally shot, but he has enough confidence in it to hit some risky backhands down the line, and it's working. And the more it works, the stronger his confidence in hitting it. He's always had a dangerous backhand passing shot, as long as he didn't have to hit it on the run. It's now at least a semi-weapon in the longer rallies.

* Volleying. He's never going to be Pete Sampras around the net, but we know what he's capable of inside the service line when his confidence is high. We saw it at the 2005 Wimbledon, where he dug himself out of some difficult situations by coming to net. Last week at Cincinnati, he produced perhaps his best volleying work ever. It wasn't just the solid contact off both sides, but the anticipation. I had never seen Roddick re-position himself like this to cover second and third volleys the way he did in the later stages of the Cincinnati tournament.

This is the best place mentally Roddick has been in for months and he'll take this week off, go to New York and begin his preparation. We won't know the draw for a few days, but, regardless of who he plays, I guarantee there won't be any first-round losses to Gilles Muller or any other non-seeded player.

----------

Another decent article from the NY Sun:

For Roddick, Timing May Be Key to Success

BY TOM PERROTTA
August 21, 2006
URL: http://www.nysun.com/article/38272

This Roddick fellow looks like a good prospect. :cool:

After a year of difficult losses, timid play, and increasing questions about his future, Andy Roddick emerged this weekend, winning his first title of the year at the Western & Southern Financial Group Masters in Cincinnati, 6–3, 6–4 over Juan Carlos Ferrero (he also clinched the U.S. Open Series and a chance at a million-dollar bonus at the U.S. Open, which begins next week). The struggling American looked relieved when he dropped to his knees and kissed the court, before embarking on a victory lap of the stadium.

This tournament was a reprise of the 23-year-old American's good old days (that is, one September in 2003), when his serve did most of the work and his forehand and athleticism took care of the rest. Even his final opponent was familiar: Ferrero was the victim when Roddick won his first, and only, major title, at the U.S. Open three years ago.

As poorly as Roddick has played of late, Ferrero has been far worse since that Grand Slam meeting. The Spaniard nearly slipped outside the top 100 in the rankings while struggling with a wrist injury and chicken pox.He has not won a title since 2003, when he briefly took over the no. 1 ranking in the world.

Though Ferrero went on a fine run this week, including victories over James Blake and Rafael Nadal, it turns out that he still cannot return a good serve, as Brad Gilbert, Roddick's former coach, pointed out in 2003.Ferrero often looked clueless yesterday, earning two breaks mostly due to poor execution from Roddick, especially at the net in his first attempt to serve out the match (Roddick finished with 17 aces, including three straight to end the contest).

So how good was Roddick last week, and are we now going to see more positive results from him? In all sports, but especially in an individual sport like tennis, a good performance often leaves one with the impression that a player has cured all of his or her ills. Suddenly, it seems, volleying is easy, down-the-line backhands take less effort, and serves land just so.

In truth, Roddick probably did not play much better last week than he did at other times this year (the final included a number of sloppy points). He did, however, carry himself much better. His attitude was confident. He expected to win. He tried to stay away from long baseline rallies and no longer feared making mistakes. And he ventured to the net time and again, even if his opponent sent a line drive right past him. Roddick will never be known as a superb volleyer, but his reflexes and leaping ability often produce stupendous shots, less so for their grace than the fact that they are effective and clumsy at the same time (maybe this is how Michael Jordan would look at the net).

This version of Roddick, the explosive gambler, is a dangerous player, :devil: provided the draw breaks his way. Cincinnati provided a fine example: He survived a close match against Daniele Bracciali in the first round, and then needed only to defeat Kristof Vliegen, Juan Ignacio Chela, a tired Andy Murray (Murray had upset Federer and said he went into the Roddick match thinking he could not win), and Fernando Gonzalez, who usually returns serves by blocking the ball back into the court, giving Roddick lanes for approach shots and volleys (he lost just three points on his first serve in their semifinal match).

Even against a depleted Murray, Roddick only won 14 of 29 points at the net, a terrible percentage. But he stuck with the plan (if Jimmy Connors has imparted this discipline on Roddick, he's well worth the money). Should Roddick continue this at the U.S.Open, he might easily find himself in the second week, provided that his lingering lower back strain causes no problems.

As his results suffered in recent years, it seemed the world became increasingly fond of the old Roddick. But many of those memories are false. Roddick of 2003 was not a better player than Roddick of 2005 or even Roddick in many weeks of 2006, and the 2005 Wimbledon final against Roger Federer remains Roddick's best performance on a tennis court, despite the fact that Federer drubbed him.

In tennis, timing counts for a lot, and Roddick's was impeccable in Flushing in 2003. He played only three players ranked inside the top 15 in that tournament: Sjeng Schalken, David Nalbandian, and Ferrero. Schalken had the worst serve on the tour, Nalbandian had a twosets-to-love lead in the semifinals before he injured himself, and Ferrero had expended a lot of energy in long rallies against Andre Agassi in the semifinals (and don't forget Gilbert's remarks about his return game). Roddick might have lost in the second round that year, to Ivan Ljubicic, but Ljubicic was not quite the player then that he is now, and he suffered a meltdown after several calls that he deemed unfavorable (Roddick won in four sets, two of them tiebreakers, including 12–10 in the fourth set).

Considering recent poor performances from men like Nalbandian, Marcos Baghdatis, Ljubicic, Blake, and even Nadal, Roddick's timing for 2006 might be just as good. The United States Tennis Association announces the U.S. Open draw on Wednesday. Much to everyone's surprise, Roddick might end up as a real contender.

-------

And one more excited Roddick watcher, Jim Courier :lol:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4129880.html

Aug. 20, 2006, 11:14PM
TENNIS NOTEBOOK
Connors gives Roddick a boost
New partnership produces an end to victory drought

By DALE ROBERTSON

Despite much widespread skepticism — I've certainly expressed my share — Jim Courier already was insisting on Friday that Andy Roddick's decision to partner up with Jimmy Connors had had a profoundly positive effect on Roddick's game.

And lo, three days later, Roddick won his first title in 10 months, taking the Masters Series event in Cincinnati and, with it, the U.S. Open Series championship. Roddick had reached his first final of the year a few weeks ago in Indianapolis.

Connors, 54 next month, may be out of touch with the modern tour and its players, but what Jimbo did best in his prime, accounting for his eight Grand Slam titles, apparently translates into any era, and Roddick seems to be soaking up his advice like a sponge.

"I haven't been around them personally," Courier said, "but (watching on TV), I saw a clear, distinct change in Andy's game — things I've never seen him do, but things he needed to do."

Courier, the winner of four Slams himself in the 1990s, was so excited by what he was seeing early in the Cincinnati tournament that he dashed off a congratulatory e-mail to Roddick.

"I told him, 'I'm really excited for you — you're going where you need to be going,' " Courier said.

What really caught his eye? Roddick's vastly improved shot anticipation and footwork, as well as his refound swagger.

"Andy was walking and moving like a man who believed in his game again, and that was great to see," Courier said. "I think good things are on the horizon for him, whether or not it plays out this week or at the U.S. Open. He's got the weapons, and now he's looking like he'll be able to use them in the right way."

---------

One more :yippee:

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060820/SPT/608200460/-1/CINCI

Roddick winning with new style
His game is more than a big serve
BY DUSTIN DOW
ENQUIRER STAFF WRITER
Aug 20, 2006

MASON - Redemption is a slow process. But for Andy Roddick, it's getting sweeter by the victory.

"I don't know if I think about the year as a whole now, to be honest," Roddick said Saturday following his 6-3, 6-3 semifinal victory against Fernando Gonzalez in the Western & Southern Financial Group Masters. "I didn't play well through a good portion of it and through three majors. Right now, I'm just trying to play well and get better."

The 2005 season elapsed without Roddick winning a Masters Series or Grand Slam title, and so far 2006 has proved to be no different. He not only has failed to catch up to top-ranked Roger Federer but also has been surpassed by Rafael Nadal and others at the top level of the sport.

Still, a Saturday-record 10,718 fans came to the Lindner Family Tennis Center to watch the 12th- ranked Roddick advance to his first Masters Series final since he lost here to Federer last year.

It's been a rejuvenating week for Roddick, who has displayed skills in his return game and net play that he previously had not shown with regularity. Combined with his still-powerful serve, he has become not only as dangerous as he was in 2003 when he won here, but more complete.

Roddick gave some of the credit for his transformation to daily telephone conversations he has with his new coach, former American great Jimmy Connors.

"He said, 'More importantly than winning or losing, you're playing the right way ...' " Roddick said. "He's excited because of things that we've worked on; I've gone out and not been scared to try and apply them in situations like this."

Gonzalez recognized that Roddick played with more effectiveness than usual on his return game but said a familiar feature allowed him to dominate the match.

"I mean, he does everything with his serve," Gonzalez said. "When we play the baseline points, I feel I can win most of the points. But in the second set, he was playing better and better because if you know that you're going to win your serve, you can make other plays."

Roddick today will try to become the first No. 9 seed in the history of the tournament to win the championship. He'll face Juan Carlos Ferrero in a rematch of the 2003 U.S. Open final won by Roddick.

After winning his semifinal match Saturday, Ferrero said he'd prefer to play Roddick rather than Gonzalez in the final despite having an 0-2 lifetime record against Roddick, including a loss here last year in the second round.

"I know Roddick," Ferrero said. "He has a very good serve and everything, but you know, the two times I played against him and I lost, I think I had chances to have a win."

Tytta!.
08-23-2006, 10:13 PM
Does anyone else tihnk Santoro in the third round could give Andy fits? I think Santoro could beat Verdasco

I do

J. Corwin
08-23-2006, 10:32 PM

Has Andy ever played Santoro before? :scratch: I seem to remember that they have for some reason and that Andy won the match pretty routinely. I mean I know Fabio gives Marat all kinds of problems but they have a master-bitch relationship and Andy (hopefully :scared: ) is more mentally stable than Mulat.;)

Deboogle!.
08-23-2006, 10:34 PM
They played last fall, Andy won in 2 tight sets, 7-6 6-4 or something maybe..

partygirl
08-23-2006, 10:35 PM
I know i have them play once & i loved it, not sure that Andy did...but he did win -fairly easily i think.

I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

I NEED TO SEE: Roddick vs. Nadal
:) big ass kickin':p

Havok
08-23-2006, 10:41 PM
I don't see Santoro giving Roddick fits. Andy doesn't have too much problems combating slices and low shots, that's why Safin always craps out vs him as well as craps out of Wimbledon. I don't think Andy will blow him off the court, though he shoudln't pose such a huge threat.

PinkFeatherBoa
08-23-2006, 10:53 PM
I quite like Andy's draw...*cautious optimism*

Hm, Jenny would explain it better than I would :lol:

OK, she's FlashDeb because she used to reply to all my posts before I could edit them. So, one day I decided to delete a post before Deb could reply, to test her FlashDeb internet skills. Then in the comment where you delete posts, I called her FlashDeb, I think so anyway. |:

partygirl
08-23-2006, 11:04 PM
We should all have such meaningful names.

she is fast, almost too fast.:aplot:

knight_ley
08-24-2006, 12:25 AM
Um, I just looked thru the whole draw to see when Kiwi and Andy would meet and went through it three times without finding Kiwi's name before I remembered he wasn't gonna be there. :p

WOOT!!!!!! (do we still say woot?)

Deboogle!.
08-24-2006, 12:29 AM
Mary, isn't Kiwi gonna be in NYC on Sunday doing some stuff for Diadora? :)

knight_ley
08-24-2006, 12:48 AM
Mary, isn't Kiwi gonna be in NYC on Sunday doing some stuff for Diadora? :)

UM THANKS TO YOU NOW I KNOW WOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!! but he is still not in the draw :lol:

heya
08-24-2006, 05:41 AM
Federer has a much tougher draw with players like Safin, Ferrero, Nalbandian, Tursonov, Blake, Murray, Haas and Gonzalez?

Since when is this tougher? It'll be another snoozefest because Andy looked scared stiff again in his interview with ESPN muppets Pam and Mc. Mc couldn't miss a chance to foam at the mouth about Federer, in front of Andy as Andy's spotlight shined briefly.

heya
08-24-2006, 06:40 AM
the 2005 Wimbledon final against Roger Federer remains Roddick's best performance on a tennis court NY Sun

What is he talking about? Are standards this low? Idiot. :o

heya
08-24-2006, 06:51 AM
"I mean, he does everything with his serve," Gonzalez said. "When we play the baseline points, I feel I can win most of the points. But in the second set, he was playing better and better because if you know that you're going to win your serve, you can make other plays."

"I know Roddick," Ferrero said. "He has a very good serve and everything, but you know, the two times I played against him and I lost, I think I had chances to have a win."http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060820/SPT/608200460/-1/CINCI
:haha:

liptea
08-24-2006, 06:54 AM
I say woot all the time. I said woot today. also, today, someone asked me if I was from Boston, so I guess that means that my accent is GONE. holla.

AND!!!! in less than 2 hours, Carlos Moya has 127 fans!!!!!! I didn't even think 127 knew about/like Carlos! he has fans! fans! fans!

but I am still the queen of the carlos fans.

today I went to my first frat party. it was wicked fun.

Golfnduck
08-24-2006, 02:54 PM
Great articles about Andy :yeah: I can't wait for USO to start, it's nice that Andy has nothing to defend. Please go deep here Andy.

Tytta!.
08-24-2006, 03:01 PM
I can't wait for USO to start, it's nice that Andy has nothing to defend. Please go deep here Andy.

:yeah:

zoltan83
08-24-2006, 04:01 PM
:banana: Andy! He has a nice draw and nothing to defend. Wow :D

tangerine_dream
08-24-2006, 04:17 PM
the 2005 Wimbledon final against Roger Federer remains Roddick's best performance on a tennis court NY Sun

What is he talking about? Are standards this low? Idiot. :o
I'm sure the writer meant 2004. In 2005 Andy was half-dead while Roger was fresh as a daisy (to quote Cliffy :hearts: )

Fumus
08-24-2006, 08:00 PM
They played last fall, Andy won in 2 tight sets, 7-6 6-4 or something maybe..

Andy beat Santoro when he was just a young duck too...

The last time they played Andy fired 23 aces... :eek: :eek: :eek:, thats almost an entire set worth of aces. Or Andy average almsot 2 aces a game over 2 sets :) :D ;)

2005 Lyon, France
Carpet S
Roddick
6-4 7-6(5)

2000 Washington DC, U.S.A.
Hard R32
Roddick
4-6 6-3 6-3

Havok
08-24-2006, 09:12 PM
Can't wait for the USO to start!:banana:

Carito_90
08-24-2006, 09:45 PM
Who'd Andy get in the first round? Donald Young? ;)

:lol: That's left for Djokovic. :p

Carito_90
08-24-2006, 09:46 PM
The draw's out. Could've been worse for Andy. Marcos or Agassi in the 4th round, though. Ljubicic or Hewitt most likely in the quarters...

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/draws/ms/r1s3.html
:scared:

I haven't seen many Marcos' results this summer HC season... hasn't done well in Toronto or Cincy so I guess Andy does have a shot at winning it. He'll want revenge really bad. :lol:

But Ljubicic in QFs?... Oh man. :scared:

Deboogle!.
08-24-2006, 09:51 PM
:scared:

I haven't seen many Marcos' results this summer HC season... hasn't done well in Toronto or Cincy so I guess Andy does have a shot at winning it. He'll want revenge really bad. :lol: Marcos also lost yesterday to the illustrious Robin Soderling. But Marcos seems to always show up for the slams, he's very unpredictable. But Ljubicic in QFs?... Oh man. :scared:Um, I'd rather Ljubicic than the other three top seeds...his QF opponent was gonna be Roger, Rafa, Nalby, or Ljubicic. I'll take Ljubicic of those 4 :)

tangerine_dream
08-24-2006, 10:15 PM
Andy vs Rafa :drool:

Deboogle!.
08-25-2006, 01:26 AM
There are a bazillion pics of Andy on Getty from the Lacoste signing today :lol:

tennis lover
08-25-2006, 01:33 AM
I don't think Andy's draw is bad at all! I was so happy when I saw it, it could've been so much worse! :D
and Carito, no need to worry about Ljubicic, Gasquet is going to beat him before he gets to the quarters anyway! ;)
I can't wait for it to start! :bounce:

partygirl
08-25-2006, 01:35 AM
There are a bazillion pics of Andy on Getty from the Lacoste signing today :lol:

Yes...but there appears to be some free roaming swine.

snaillyyy
08-25-2006, 01:45 AM

The wink one :haha: and the hair :p and we could have done without Mr Smarmy:rolleyes:

Deboogle!.
08-25-2006, 01:47 AM
Yes...but there appears to be some free roaming swine.Huh? :confused:

partygirl
08-25-2006, 01:50 AM
Ken.

Deboogle!.
08-25-2006, 01:51 AM
lol, well that's his job :p

partygirl
08-25-2006, 01:54 AM
Agents should be heard and felt.

not seen horning in on photo ops.:sobbing:...wearing horrible bronzer:lol:

Deboogle!.
08-25-2006, 01:56 AM
Agents should be heard and felt.

not seen horning in on photo ops.:sobbing:I mean, he's just standing in the background...

whatever lol.

partygirl
08-25-2006, 02:00 AM
:devil:I bet he gets paid enough to make himself invisible.
(one must keep their entourage in check:p )

thank you for ken free pics deb.

knight_ley
08-25-2006, 02:08 AM
I mean, he's just standing in the background...

whatever lol.

Whyyy did I get surgery this week... :mad: I could have gone and he looks adorably lovely. :hearts:

Oh well... *thinks about the next two weeks* Hopefully we'll get to see a lot of him ;)

Carito_90
08-25-2006, 02:36 AM
Marcos also lost yesterday to the illustrious Robin Soderling. But Marcos seems to always show up for the slams, he's very unpredictable. Um, I'd rather Ljubicic than the other three top seeds...his QF opponent was gonna be Roger, Rafa, Nalby, or Ljubicic. I'll take Ljubicic of those 4 :)

Sorry, with the way Nalbi's playing I'd take him. :lol: But yeah, it's still not bad.

Carito_90
08-25-2006, 02:41 AM
Oh man, he needs to do something about his hair. :lol: And the wink one is hilarious. :lol:

I like the shirt, though. And the glasses are better than the ones usually wears, so good. :p

Deboogle!.
08-25-2006, 02:45 AM
Sorry, with the way Nalbi's playing I'd take him. :lol: But yeah, it's still not bad.Yeah, but Nalby also tends to really show up for the slams. Maybe he won't this year but yeah. I mean Ljubicic is still preferable to most, and the way he underperforms in slams, Andy would have to like his chances :lol: who knows, but it could've been a lot worse, and there was 50/50 chance he'd be in Rafa or Roger's quarters and I'd definitely prefer Ljubicic to either of them.

As for the glasses, they're a lot better probably b/c they're actually Lacoste :haha:

Carito_90
08-25-2006, 02:56 AM
Yeah, but Nalby also tends to really show up for the slams. Maybe he won't this year but yeah. I mean Ljubicic is still preferable to most, and the way he underperforms in slams, Andy would have to like his chances :lol: who knows, but it could've been a lot worse, and there was 50/50 chance he'd be in Rafa or Roger's quarters and I'd definitely prefer Ljubicic to either of them.

As for the glasses, they're a lot better probably b/c they're actually Lacoste :haha:

Indeed, I hadn't thought about that. ;) Plus, he's on Rafa's side of the draw as well, which makes it even more likely for him to get to the finals. But let's not think so far ahead. :p

And that's so true. :haha:

Merton
08-25-2006, 03:12 AM
I agree that from the top 4 seeds, Ljubicic is the best fit for Andy. Roger would obviously be the worst, Rafa-Nalbandian are dangerous from the baseline but if Andy is on, Ljubicic is dangerous only if he serves like a madman, like he did in the late rounds of Miami for example. However, he has never performed at his best in slams. I think Gasquet will take him out in the 3rd round.

partygirl
08-25-2006, 03:56 AM
This is so the baby eating face.

World Beater
08-25-2006, 04:53 AM
i dont usually post here...but i have to say i am very optimistic about andy's chances at the usopen. I like andy against both ljubo and nadal, if he comes out aggressive and on a mission like he did in cincy. Against roger, i think a lot of people will be surprised at how close the match will be if they do meet in the final. I have always felt in their matches that andy has never served to his potential against roger. I can only recall one set of one match where his serve hovered at 70%(masters houston semi). For andy, anything is possible in new york.

Havok
08-25-2006, 05:13 AM
Viva stripes! Please wear it on the courts now :p.

Deboogle!.
08-25-2006, 05:17 AM
The annual taste of tennis hehe. TONS more pics on Getty :)

partygirl
08-25-2006, 05:44 AM
OK i love this shirt so much i could die:)

Honalulu78
08-25-2006, 09:44 AM
oh my god
how hot does Andy look in that shirt?
phwooooaaaar :drool:

snaillyyy
08-25-2006, 12:59 PM
Here are some none tagged versions:)

Viken01
08-25-2006, 01:35 PM
i wish roddick can win this year, it's nice too see him happy with his new coach ;)

Deboogle!.
08-25-2006, 02:52 PM
Thanks Carole! Here are some more :p

Deboogle!.
08-25-2006, 02:54 PM
:p

Deboogle!.
08-25-2006, 03:04 PM
last couple :p

Tytta!.
08-25-2006, 03:04 PM
Great pics :)

Fumus
08-25-2006, 03:34 PM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=98000

That's funny because I think both guys made the exact same faces when they saw their respective draws...hahahaha

Raina
08-25-2006, 03:35 PM
thanks deb for the pics!

does anyone has a bigger version of this pic?

http://www.tennis.com.cn/bbs/uploadFiles/2006-08/25_3721609_2.jpg

Tytta!.
08-25-2006, 03:35 PM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=98000

That's funny because I think both guys made the exact same faces when they saw their respective draws...hahahaha

:rolls:

Fumus
08-25-2006, 04:03 PM
all of a sudden it's a pic thread.

every year they seam to cook with a big flashy flame that looks like it's doing more harm then good (depends on how fast they get it out)
Andy always looks perplexed & confounded by the kitchen empliments:lol:

I liked those pictures with the Michelin man. Atleast Mojo's not walking around anywhere this year.... :o

Deboogle!.
08-25-2006, 04:04 PM
flames from a flambee typically go out on their own when the alcohol is burned off ;) Mario Batali is a trained chef, I'm sure everything was fine :p

Yes, the pic of Andy with a meat mallet had me laughing very hard last night... for no good reason... it's just hilarious. haha.

Ryan.... Michelin man???

partygirl
08-25-2006, 04:07 PM
I like to see Mario kick ass on iron chef.

I can see everything was F i n e.:):lick:
*sorry i deleted my post due to lack of confidence in my spelling.

Deboogle!.
08-25-2006, 04:08 PM
You know, dictionary.com is your friend ;) Also if you have the yahoo toolbar in your browser you can search the dictionary right from that;)

Fumus
08-25-2006, 04:21 PM
flames from a flambee typically go out on their own when the alcohol is burned off ;) Mario Batali is a trained chef, I'm sure everything was fine :p

Yes, the pic of Andy with a meat mallet had me laughing very hard last night... for no good reason... it's just hilarious. haha.

Ryan.... Michelin man???

Yea when he was doing the promotion for the babolat shoes. Doesn't anyone have those pictures somewhere?

partygirl
08-25-2006, 04:26 PM
From my soon to be formed production company...

A remake of: "TWINS"
http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=97992

Deboogle!.
08-25-2006, 04:27 PM
Yea when he was doing the promotion for the babolat shoes. Doesn't anyone have those pictures somewhere?oh that hahaahahha

andyroxmysox12191
08-25-2006, 04:32 PM
Ah thanks Deb and Carole :kiss: I shall use one of those later :p

Fumus
08-25-2006, 04:34 PM
From my soon to be formed production company...

A remake of: "TWINS"
http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=97992

More like...Jimmy started coaching Andy....now we're cookin'!

Deboogle!.
08-25-2006, 07:02 PM
oh
my
god

pmac just said

"I'm saying it now. loud and clear. Andy Roddick is going to the final."

Thanks PMac. THANKS. :ras:

acoffeygirl
08-25-2006, 08:04 PM
Great...just great. Although he did say he was going to win cincy. Of course that was after the first couple of rounds. haha!

acoffeygirl
08-25-2006, 08:07 PM
I like to see Mario kick ass on iron chef.

I can see everything was F i n e.:):lick:
*sorry i deleted my post due to lack of confidence in my spelling.
The google tool bar has an actual spell check button. I love it!

partygirl
08-25-2006, 08:11 PM
Why doesn't Pjerk go out and play the matches for Andy?
wait, no...DON'T :bolt:

Golfnduck
08-25-2006, 08:26 PM
I'm looking forward to USO, I hope Andy gets some night matches so I can watch them. I'm hoping to watch Arthur Ashe kids day on Sunday.

partygirl
08-25-2006, 08:32 PM
I'm hoping to watch Arthur Ashe kids day on Sunday.Is that when it is on?
i was looking for it on saturday :rolleyes:

Deboogle!.
08-25-2006, 08:34 PM
it's taped on Saturday but airs on Sunday

If I have to guess, Andy will play his first match Tuesday night...

Fumus
08-25-2006, 08:38 PM
Pmac is an idiot.

Btw, Serra playing well...he just beat Djokovic. I don't want this to be like last year, Andy plays well in Cincy and fades really fast at the open.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=83765

Deboogle!.
08-25-2006, 09:35 PM
There are now a bunch of pics at Getty from the Babolat thing that was today :)

Honalulu78
08-25-2006, 09:53 PM
mmmm those are yummy pics from today
lookin good is our Andy

snaillyyy
08-25-2006, 10:12 PM
He looks good:D:D

Deboogle!.
08-25-2006, 10:17 PM
I think he needs to hit on a court like that all the time, no room behind the baseline :haha:

snaillyyy
08-25-2006, 10:26 PM
:haha: Deb, I LOVE THE IDEA!!

blaketothenet
08-25-2006, 11:55 PM
It is going to be so sweet if he plays Agassi. What a match that would be.

Deboogle!.
08-26-2006, 12:57 AM
lol Ryan, look.
http://lfi.co.uk/dynevent-action-nl.do?orderby=asc&eventid=308478

tennis lover
08-26-2006, 01:28 AM
I love the way Andre always pulls funny faces at the taste of tennis thing, I'm sure his facial expressions were similar last year! :lol:

atheneglaukopis
08-26-2006, 02:29 AM
Quick question: If Roddick were Thai, gay, and psoriatic (Brian :haha: )...would he still like Cheetos? :silly:

Dear Andy,
Please give GMers something to talk about next week, because a one-week lapse in tennis action has turned into off-season time.
Thanks, and good luck,
Athene

Deboogle!.
08-26-2006, 02:30 AM
AnDy + ChEEtoS 4EVA!1!1!!1!!111111111!!!!!!!!!24421!!!!!!!!!!1@32 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

atheneglaukopis
08-26-2006, 02:36 AM
AnDy + ChEEtoS 4EVA!1!1!!1!!111111111!!!!!!!!!24421!!!!!!!!!!1@32 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Well, I guess that answers my question. :lol:

Tytta!.
08-26-2006, 02:39 AM
Well, I guess that answers my question. :lol:

Oh, ok.

snaillyyy
08-26-2006, 02:43 AM
2 things that rule in the Andy forum......squirrewls and cheetos ;)

]http://garotasquedizemni.ig.com.br/archives/cheetos.jpg

Tytta!.
08-26-2006, 02:47 AM
It deserves my av :p

snaillyyy
08-26-2006, 02:52 AM
:haha: now if only I could rep you;)

Tytta!.
08-26-2006, 02:53 AM
aaw :kiss:

Deboogle!.
08-26-2006, 02:55 AM
As if there was any doubt...

Tytta!.
08-26-2006, 02:57 AM
:spit: :haha: :spit: :haha: :spit: :haha: :spit: :haha: :spit: :haha:

snaillyyy
08-26-2006, 02:57 AM
HOLYCRAP DEB!!!! :spit: :haha: :spit: :haha: :spit:

Merton
08-26-2006, 03:04 AM
:haha: :haha:

surfpinky
08-26-2006, 03:08 AM
:spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit:
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Deboogle!.
08-26-2006, 03:10 AM
http://www.vag-page.de/forum/style_emoticons/default/blush.gif

atheneglaukopis
08-26-2006, 03:17 AM
As if there was any doubt...:haha: *dies*

Tytta!.
08-26-2006, 03:20 AM
:haha: *dies*

Boo.

tennis lover
08-26-2006, 03:27 AM
:lol: Deb! Andy's arm looks huge in that photo!

Deboogle!.
08-26-2006, 03:30 AM
:lol: Deb! Andy's arm looks huge in that photo!his muscles are bulging at the thought of getting some cheetos |:

tennis lover
08-26-2006, 03:31 AM
:lol: :p

knight_ley
08-26-2006, 03:45 AM

:spit: I CANNOT...... :haha: :haha: :haha:

Deboogle!.
08-26-2006, 04:01 AM
I'm glad you guys found it so funny. I didn't realize it was THAT funny :sobbing:
==================
Roddick, at 23, Says He's Too Young to Be Washed Up in Tennis

By Scott Soshnick, Jerry Azar and Mason Levinson

Aug. 25 (Bloomberg) -- Andy Roddick, the 2003 U.S. Open champion who lost in the first round of the tennis tournament last year, said he's too young to be washed up.

``I haven't played my best tennis this year and that's not a secret,'' Roddick said in an interview on Bloomberg News's ``On the Ball,'' radio show to be aired this weekend. ``But to talk about my career as people have this summer, in context of it being a finished product, is not fair.''

Roddick, who turns 24 on Aug. 30 during U.S. Open second- round play, is the 10th-ranked player in the Association of Tennis Professional's standings and seeded ninth in the Open. He beat Juan Carlos Ferrero on Aug. 20 at the Cincinnati Masters to earn his first title since October. Roddick has dropped as low as 12th since ending the 2003 season as the No. 1-ranked player in the world.

``I feel like it's a bit of a double standard because other Americans at that age are considered up and coming,'' Roddick said.

The Open, held at the National Tennis Center in New York, begins Aug. 28.

Roddick, who said he has struggled with his confidence this year, was upset in the first round of last year's U.S. Open, after being featured in American Express Co.'s ``Have You Seen Andy's Mojo?'' marketing campaign.

The defeat may have actually helped his sponsor, fellow American James Blake said in comments to be aired in the same show.

``American Express might have gotten even more press with him losing in the first round,'' he said.

Blake, ranked as low as 210th in 2005, has climbed to No. 5 since losing to Andre Agassi in a five-set tiebreaker in the quarterfinals at the Open in 2005.

``He's only 23 years old,'' said 26-year-old Blake of Roddick. ``Andy just dropped to No. 11 or 10 and it seems like the world is ending.''

To contact the reporters on this story:

tangerine_dream
08-26-2006, 04:51 AM
Was checking the TV schedules and didn't see Topspin listed anywhere. Is this correct? No Quddus? :awww:

Deboogle!.
08-26-2006, 04:54 AM
I don't think there's a topspin this year :( It would've been airing the past few weeks :( Quddus is hosting kids day though :)

knight_ley
08-26-2006, 05:06 AM
I don't think there's a topspin this year :( It would've been airing the past few weeks :( Quddus is hosting kids day though :)

I saw him in a deli like two years ago. He got a red vitamin water. That's my story about Quddus.

tangerine_dream
08-26-2006, 05:34 AM
Just so we're clear.... :rolls:

What's the difference between a nerd, a geek, and a dork?

http://ask.yahoo.com/20060818.html

Deboogle!.
08-26-2006, 05:37 AM
Just so we're clear.... :rolls:

What's the difference between a nerd, a geek, and a dork?

http://ask.yahoo.com/20060818.htmlOMFG HAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

williaer
08-26-2006, 05:57 AM
DORK! GEEK!

Havok
08-26-2006, 06:22 AM
I'm still wondering why CHEETOS hasn't jumped on the opportunity to endorse Roddick :shrug:.

simpletennis
08-26-2006, 06:41 AM
DORK! GEEK!

WHOA!! that's a bigass racquet! i want one. hehe

acoffeygirl
08-26-2006, 07:12 AM
It deserves my av :p
Please ignore that jumbled rep that said nothing coherent. I have no clue what happened!!! Anyway....I tried to say, that yes it does deserve to be your AV!

blosson
08-26-2006, 09:00 AM
DORK! GEEK!

Who did shrink Andy?

snaillyyy
08-26-2006, 01:26 PM
Few more from yesterday:)

Tytta!.
08-26-2006, 01:40 PM
Please ignore that jumbled rep that said nothing coherent. I have no clue what happened!!! Anyway....I tried to say, that yes it does deserve to be your AV!

aaaww
no worries, Amber!
Thanks anyway, you rock :kiss:

zoltan83
08-26-2006, 02:57 PM
:spit: :haha: :haha: :rolls: :rolls:

Fee
08-26-2006, 05:41 PM
I don't like the new Lacoste caps. The last thing I want to see is Andy walking around with a big L on his forehead. That will come in handy for the haters.

knight_ley
08-26-2006, 06:14 PM

Deboogle!.
08-26-2006, 09:48 PM
What's this, the third year in a row that Andy and Andre are the featured "match" at Kids Day? :)

Honalulu78
08-26-2006, 09:58 PM
ooo lovely pics

surfpinky
08-26-2006, 10:07 PM
ellen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

partygirl
08-26-2006, 10:35 PM
Why is Andy not next to Ellen?
...we all know he is gay for her.

Deboogle!.
08-26-2006, 11:00 PM
|:

Rejuvenated Roddick, Connors by His Side, Says Confidence is Back

By Richard Vach, Tennis-X.com Senior Writer

Coming off a win at the Masters Series-Cincinnati, his first tournament title in 12 months, and in the midst of a career resurgence with the help of part-time coach Jimmy Connors, Andy Roddick says his confidence is back -- even if you can't necessarily call it a good year.

"It's been seven months of not playing my best stuff," said Roddick Saturday of his slide out of the Top 10 that actually started 12 months ago with his shock opening-round loss at the 2005 US Open. "I said last week in Cincy, I'm not really looking at it as a full year right now. It's like, okay, after Wimbledon I'm kind of looking at it as post-Wimbledon, you know. That part of the year is gone. I can't really do much about it at this point."

Under his older brother John, Roddick had been mired in a malaise of unaggressive play and uncertain court strategy. That all changed with the addition of Connors to Team Roddick, a move that not only has the former No. 1 playing big-bang forehand tennis again, but with more "fire" and energy throughout his matches

"I feel like I'm doing the right thing," says Roddick of his current approach. "I'm playing well. I'm hitting the ball well. I'm excited to get up and play every day, and that's a feeling that's been missing a little bit. I'm ready to go here."

Roddick's frustration showed in 2006 with an increased tendency toward giving chair umpires a tongue-lashing and losing his cool in big-match situations rather than bearing down and getting back into matches. He wasn't hitting out on groundstrokes or serves, and opponents were zeroing in on his tentative backhand.

"I was frustrated with the way I was playing," Roddick said. "There's a big difference between going to the courts hoping you're going to hit the ball well, and knowing you're going to hit the ball well. In the last month or so I've gone to the courts knowing that I'm going to play well, it's just a matter of if my opponent's going to be playing better. That's a lot better feeling, a lot easier feeling to wake up with than kind of uncertainty."

From a mental and even physical standpoint, Roddick's resurgence has a lot to do with the guidance, or perhaps the mere presence, of the no-nonsense Connors.

"Obviously, I don't think Jimmy's role plays a small part in it," Roddick said. "That's kind of been reinvigorating. His passion for the game is contagious. You know, that's exciting. Just kind of like a fresh start, you know? I'm definitely hungry to turn it around."

Not unlike Brad Gilbert's new partnership with Andy Murray, Roddick has had to conform to Connors' rules and work mentality, with obvious results.

"I know what I'm not allowed to get away with it," Roddick said of working with Connors. "I have to go out there and I have to bust it every day. That's not (just) good -- that's expected in his eyes. Just his knowledge for the game. You know, it's just clicked. I'm excited about it."

Also not lost on Roddick is the "legend factor" of working with Connors.

"He'll hit for 20 minutes after each practice, and every day after I find myself just sitting there and watching," Roddick said. "I'm a huge fan. I try not to be too much of a dork around him."

Currently hanging on in the Top 10 at No. 10, Roddick says he has no qualms about being surpassed in the rankings by good friend James Blake. The only surprise has been his slide.

"If you would have told me James (would be) five in the world at the beginning of the year, it wouldn't have surprised me," Roddick said. "But if you would have told me I was, you know, whatever I am now, I don't even know, then I would have been a little disappointed in that."

Rebounding from a first-round loss last year at the US Open, Roddick has nowhere to go but up in terms of ranking points, and with Connors at his side, looks to avoid the brain cramp that began his gradual falling down the ranks.

"I just laid an egg, to be honest," said Roddick on being bounced by Luxembourg's Gilles Muller last year at Flushing Meadows. "I played a bad match. I'd been playing well. I won the US Open Series coming in, so preparation I don't think was an issue. It was a bad match. I actually played well afterwards again in Davis Cup and won a tournament, you know, so it was just a bad time for a really bad match."

On Tuesday or Wednesday Roddick will open his campaign against unheralded Frenchman Florent Serra. One year wiser, Roddick will attempt to prove his MS-Cincy title this summer was no fluke, and erase the memory of 2005, Gilles Muller, and too much time on his hands after an early exit.

"I think you do draw from that experience," said Roddick of last year's defeat. "I definitely want to do everything in my power to avoid that again."

Havok
08-26-2006, 11:11 PM
Ellen :worship:. I hope they got Hingis to participate in the challenges event, she would absolutely crush everyone in it!:devil:

Deboogle!.
08-26-2006, 11:28 PM
I don't think she was there Naldo - haven't seen her in any pics :(

kookabura17
08-26-2006, 11:31 PM
I see he is going for the scruggy look again.

Deboogle!.
08-26-2006, 11:43 PM
Ellen :haha:

Andy At AA Kids Day
August 26th, 2006 04:20 pm
By Jen Moschella

“It’s amazing and fun,” Andy noted about Arthur Ashe Kids Day in his press conference at 2pm today. “They mix music and tennis while kicking off the Open,it’s great!”

Despite the dark clouds and rain coming over the horizon this morning instead of the sun, the grounds were dry by opening hour and the day hit a record high of 23,000+ attendants with a fantastic Center Court show. Andy was in a great mood through his press conference, Foundation fund-raising target practice, and Men’s Singles event.

In Andy’s first activity, his press conference, he sported a white”L” Lacoste hat and a black shirt under a white warm-up jacket, and commented on the 2006 hot topics. Andy noted that Jimmy’s passion for the game of tennis is contageous, that he is hungry to turn his game around, and how Andy tries not to act like too much of a dork in front of Jimmy. Closing comments were on the Instant Replay system, Andre’s departure, and his birthday plans (which is not to lose).

From there, Andy took to Arthur Ashe Court for some forehand and backhand target practice to raise funds for the foundation or charity of their choice along with Andre Agassi, Steffi Graf, Serena Williams, and Ellen Degeneres(comedian and talk show host). Andy, Andre, and Steffi earned $25,000 each for earning the high scores, and then they went on to chat with Daisy Fuentes for a few minutes prior to the Men’s Singles and a song from Ne-Yo, “So Sick.”

A few minutes later,Andy and Andre came out for the single’s event,which lasted about ten minutes, and they were both wired with microphones to add to the hit. Ellen Degeneres was the chair umpire, clad in a “tennis sweater” and knee-high socks, and started off the match with a platter of food and letting Andre have the first serve. Andre responded to Andy, “See, I told you she likes me better!” As play went on, Ellen started saying how nice and quiet tennis is… but didn’t stop there and humorously rambled right through Andre’s serve and the whole point, and the stadium just laughed along. As she continued her “commentating”, and Andy stepped up the the line he asked Ellen, “Are you done yet?” Ellen responded,” I’m not sure…” Andy tossed the ball to serve and Ellen piped up again, “No, I’m not done yet,” and the crowd roared with laughter.

Ellen’s humor continued to add to the match as she called a “time-out” and ran down to give Andre a hug, saying that he needed a hug because he was losing. Andy hollered back to Ellen as she climbed in the umpire’s chair that he was the one who was actually losing, and Ellen proceeded to Andy’s side of the court. Andy dropped the ball and racquet, ran with open arms and so did Ellen, and Ellen proceeded to literally jump into Andy’s arms. See the pictures from today for the full affect!

Money raised for charity, $25,000… Ate one of Ellen’s sandwiches courtside, $6… a mid-game cheering-up hug, priceless!

Stay tuned for an update on Andy’s practice if the rain holds off for a few more hours. Go Andy!

partygirl
08-26-2006, 11:45 PM
the scruggy look
?

it appears to be little more than a 5 o' clock shadow.

...why on Earth would i love that L on his cap:shrug::p
*thanks deb for big pics* :bowdown::bowdown:

Fumus
08-27-2006, 12:35 AM
I don't like the new Lacoste caps. The last thing I want to see is Andy walking around with a big L on his forehead. That will come in handy for the haters.

:haha: :lol:

:worship: :worship:

THATS HILARIOUS!!

blosson
08-27-2006, 12:48 AM
Where is the picture of Ellen hugging Andy? AR.com has a disclaimer saying there is a new site coming soon.

Deboogle!.
08-27-2006, 12:49 AM
here's a small version from the AP. I was waiting til a bigger version showed up, but it hasn't yet :(

blosson
08-27-2006, 12:58 AM
So cute. Thanks!

snaillyyy
08-27-2006, 01:02 AM
Thanks Deb! :D:D:D

partygirl
08-27-2006, 01:04 AM
Champions Practice.:D

williaer
08-27-2006, 01:20 AM
ellen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You rang...? ;)

morningglory
08-27-2006, 01:42 AM
:haha: it's really cute the way Andy hugs Helen awwww.....

andyroxmysox12191
08-27-2006, 02:01 AM
:haha: :haha: Oh god I love Ellen.

How long is AA day tomorrow on tv?

andyroxmysox12191
08-27-2006, 02:03 AM
Aaww Jimmy! :banana:

Deboogle!.
08-27-2006, 02:07 AM
Mani it's on 12:30-2pm on CBS, 9:30 Pacific time :)

andyroxmysox12191
08-27-2006, 02:13 AM
Bah. I guess I have to record it :(

surfpinky
08-27-2006, 02:34 AM
You rang...? ;)
:kiss:

Deboogle!.
08-27-2006, 02:58 AM
There are some more practice pics here, go to the practice section :)
http://www.tennis.info/US6.html

tennis lover
08-27-2006, 03:30 AM
Andy's match is second on Arthur Ashe on Monday after an 11.30am start! :D
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/schedule/schedule7.html

Deboogle!.
08-27-2006, 03:31 AM
whoa :eek: Well this puts a dent in my Monday morning scheduling.

I thought he'd get a night match :awww:

partygirl
08-27-2006, 03:33 AM
Monday?
i thought he was in the bottom half?

tennis lover
08-27-2006, 03:33 AM
:p I was expecting him to have a night match but it seems greedy Andre has the whole night session to himself! ;)

tennis lover
08-27-2006, 03:34 AM
Monday?
i thought he was in the bottom half?
I don't think they schedule it according to the draw at the US open do they?

partygirl
08-27-2006, 03:37 AM
I don't think they schedule it according to the draw at the US open do they?
i know nothing ;):lol:

Deboogle!.
08-27-2006, 03:37 AM
They do, the bottom half is Monday and Tuesday, top half Tuesday and Wednesday. I was expecting Andy to be Tuesday night. But I guess that will be James or Roger now :rolleyes:

I absolutely cannot believe Lindsay has to play on Monday. and people blame the USTA for preferential scheduling?????? :shrug:

I'm gonna need Justine to win really fast so that Andy can win really fast so that I can go out and do the errands I need to do :sobbing:

tennis lover
08-27-2006, 03:50 AM
oh, I didn't realise they did it that way! :p yeah, I expect it'll be James, Roger or maybe Rafa on Tuesday night. I want Justine and Andy to win really fast because I'm going out Monday night and I'd like to be able to watch it if they show it! although I don't know if I'll get coverage of Arthur Ashe stadium! :rolleyes:

Winston's Human
08-27-2006, 03:55 AM
They do, the bottom half is Monday and Tuesday, top half Tuesday and Wednesday. I was expecting Andy to be Tuesday night. But I guess that will be James or Roger now :rolleyes:

I absolutely cannot believe Lindsay has to play on Monday. and people blame the USTA for preferential scheduling?????? :shrug:

I'm gonna need Justine to win really fast so that Andy can win really fast so that I can go out and do the errands I need to do :sobbing:

Given the way Justine played in New Haven, I would expect her match to be no more than an hour.

I guess for those of us in CST it is lunch with Andy.

Deboogle!.
08-27-2006, 03:56 AM
oh, I didn't realise they did it that way! :p yeah, I expect it'll be James, Roger or maybe Rafa on Tuesday night. I want Justine and Andy to win really fast because I'm going out Monday night and I'd like to be able to watch it if they show it! although I don't know if I'll get coverage of Arthur Ashe stadium! :rolleyes:I'd be shocked out of my mind if Rafa was given a night match over Andy, Roger, and James.

tennis lover
08-27-2006, 04:06 AM
Yeah, I suppose they probably won't! :p

Jade Fox
08-27-2006, 07:31 AM
Andy's match is second on Arthur Ashe on Monday after an 11.30am start! :D
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/schedule/schedule7.html

Damn. I'm gonna be at school all day. *Shakes fists at Draw Gods*

blosson
08-27-2006, 09:22 AM
I think the earlier schedules would be good for Andy so he can get it done fast and still have the rest of the day to rest, eat, think, train and prepare for the next match . Let's leave the prime time pressure to Roger, James and Rafa. :p I will also be able to know the results before I go to bed. :p

snaillyyy
08-27-2006, 12:58 PM
hmmm didnt expect him to play monday, and slim chance I can be here for it:(.

Angle Queen
08-27-2006, 01:49 PM
Blast from the past blowing in...

To wish Andy and his fans a hearty WOOT! WOOT! for the USO. Glad to see him back in form...and here's hoping he'll make a serious run at the title (e.g. no FIRST round loses ANDY!). Things are busy around here, N@ is growing quickly...and just when I think she's down for a nap...she wakes up and my email/posting comes to a quick end. She doesn't seem to mind watching tennis on the boob-tube so it's two more weeks of it for us. Then I'll have to resort to my tape collection. One of these days I'm gonna get a DVR.

Hope all are well here!

snaillyyy
08-27-2006, 02:32 PM
Hi Marlene:wavey::D:D, Glad everything is going well! I bet the little one is adorable!. Have to get them started early with the tennis viewing:lol: ;)

Deboogle!.
08-27-2006, 03:14 PM
:yeah: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=63742&page=1&pp=40

snaillyyy
08-27-2006, 03:24 PM
:bigclap::bigclap::bigclap:

Tytta!.
08-27-2006, 03:45 PM
:yeah:

tennis lover
08-27-2006, 05:01 PM
:D :D :D

Carito_90
08-27-2006, 05:32 PM
Damn. I'm gonna be at school all day. *Shakes fists at Draw Gods*

Sorry I found this post terribly hilarious. :haha:

I have to do the maths to see what time that is here.

Deboogle!.
08-27-2006, 05:35 PM
oh my god this Cheyenne person can't hold a tune to save her life and it is hurting my ears VERY BADLY :bigcry:

Caro it should be about 2pm your time, give or take a half hour :)

snaillyyy
08-27-2006, 05:43 PM
I had to mute it Deb:rolleyes:. Ellen cracks me up :lol:

Deboogle!.
08-27-2006, 05:54 PM
omg, she's back :o:o:o:o

snaillyyy
08-27-2006, 05:58 PM
Once was too much!!

Tytta!.
08-27-2006, 06:25 PM
I want to watch :sad:

Deboogle!.
08-27-2006, 06:26 PM
Andy hit more targets on his backhand than his forehand :haha:

snaillyyy
08-27-2006, 06:27 PM
I thought for sure he wouldn't hit anything with the backhand :lol:

awww Renata :(

Tytta!.
08-27-2006, 06:37 PM
awww Renata :(

Boo... :sad:

Deboogle!.
08-27-2006, 06:42 PM
Ellen :haha: :haha: :haha:

snaillyyy
08-27-2006, 06:45 PM
:spit: :haha: :spit: :haha: :spit: :haha:

Deboogle!.
08-27-2006, 07:21 PM
PMac just did it for a third time :retard:

blosson
08-27-2006, 08:03 PM
:yeah: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=63742&page=1&pp=40

Wow wow, what's happened here? How come Andy is back in front of James? Good news anynow.

Deboogle!.
08-27-2006, 08:05 PM
Wow wow, what's happened here? How come Andy is back in front of James? Good news anynow.That's the provisional ranking, so that's with James's USO points from last year dropped. Andy has none to defend so basically whichever of them lasts longer will be #1 American for Davis Cup

blosson
08-27-2006, 08:13 PM
Ah. It's very promissing for Andy. James is in the same quarter as Roger so...
C'mon Andy, let's go. What's the story about his forehands being worse than Steffi's ? Was he puffying short balls again?

Havok
08-27-2006, 08:18 PM
That had to be THE WORST AA kids day I have ever seen in my life. That Cheyenne chick was garbage, although her song is pretty good when it's on the radio and not sung live :o. Oh and what's up with this new wave of dumb teenage girls now? The cheetah girls and the slumper party girls or something like that?:retard: Please go buy some crayola crayons and go color or something!

Ellen was hilarious, she had like 3 duffle bags plus a friggin luggage when she walked onto the court :haha::haha:. Also her rushing the net and just smacking forehand volleys during her forehand skills game was priceless :lol:. She was also a hilarious commentator :yeah:. Andre and Andy dissapointed this year, very boring from both :(. Also where the hell was the crowd? I know the wether sucked but sheesh you'd still expect the stands to be full and the crowds rowdy.

J. Corwin
08-27-2006, 08:18 PM
Ellen :haha::haha:

Bloss, Andy just tries to macho macho blast most of his forehands so they more often than not end up in the nosebleed section of the stadium. :p With his backhand, well...he just dinks them to the center of the court where there are two targets. :sobbing:

J. Corwin
08-27-2006, 08:22 PM
That had to be THE WORST AA kids day I have ever seen in my life. That Cheyenne chick was garbage, although her song is pretty good when it's on the radio and not sung live :o. Oh and what's up with this new wave of dumb teenage girls now? The cheetah girls and the slumper party girls or something like that?:retard: Please go buy some crayola crayons and go color or something!

Seriously, I could sing better in the shower than that Cheyenne girl, with shampoo foam all over my face. :haha:
I saw the cheetos girls while surfing past Disney channel once and wondered who they had to blow to get a record deal. :o Oh wait, they're hot...;)

blosson
08-27-2006, 08:23 PM
Andy :o Can you imagine him throwing darts or something that really needs to be ON target?

J. Corwin
08-27-2006, 08:34 PM
I'm sure he knows how to be on target when and where, um....it really counts. |:

Deboogle!.
08-27-2006, 08:41 PM
JACE HAAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAA you are such a naughty boy!!!

J. Corwin
08-27-2006, 09:07 PM
hehe :angel:

|:

Deboogle!.
08-27-2006, 09:18 PM
The latest brilliance from GM: Andy sweats a lot so he is more prone to getting physically exhausted so he can't possibly make a deep run at the USO :haha: :haha:

Tytta!.
08-27-2006, 09:25 PM
The latest brilliance from GM: Andy sweats a lot so he is more prone to getting physically exhausted so he can't possibly make a deep run at the USO :haha: :haha:

That's...
That's just...

:spit: :haha:

Deboogle!.
08-27-2006, 09:29 PM
Check it out, it's quality entertainment :lol:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=84498

tangerine_dream
08-27-2006, 09:32 PM
The Fedtards really need to stop trying to discuss Roddick's game and just stick with the one subject they do know: Roger. :lol:

Oh, and I loved the "Roddick needs :help: Steffi Graf just hit more forehand winners during a charity event!!!!" thread. Is it a full moon tonight? :cuckoo:

AAKD sucked today. Way too many lame-O singers/bands and not enough tennis. Andy and Andre weren't as fun this year as last year. :ras:

Tytta!.
08-27-2006, 10:16 PM
Check it out, it's quality entertainment :lol:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=84498

Oh, Lord.
Such a great entertainment :D
Thanks sister :kiss: