11:00 p.m.-12:00 p.m. press conference

Monday, September 11
8:00-9:30 p.m. Girls Final
9:30-11:00 p.m. Boys Final

CNBC
Monday, September 4
9:00-11:00 p.m. 4th Round*

*EDT only

http://www.sportsmediainc.com/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=15908&bannerregion=U.S. Open.org To Webcast Monday Night's Match Coverage
By Tennis Week
09/02/2006

Live from New York, it's the U.S. Open on the web. The USTA today announced that for the first time, USOpen.org will offer a live webcast of U.S. Open action.

The free live match coverage will be webcast beginning at 7 p.m. Eastern time on Monday, September 4 on USOpen.org/live in association with USA Network.

The live webcast will present the full USA Network telecast with USA announcers and commercials. The live webcast will also feature a sweepstakes where users can enter to win two tickets to the 2007 U.S. Open or a 2006 U.S. Open hat.

The USOpen.org/live webcast will be available to U.S. residents only.

"Our goal with this initiative is to leverage the popularity of USOpen.org and this emerging technology to extend the reach of the US Open," said Pierce O'Neil, Chief Business Officer, USTA. "We are excited to partner with USA Network to offer the first-ever free Grand Slam live webcast."

This marks the second time this year that the USTA has brought live video streaming to fans via the Web. On April 6, the USTA and IMG Media worked together to bring fans a live Webcast of Pete Sampras' return to tennis against Robby Ginepri in an exhibition match at River Oaks International exclusively on USTA.com. This marked the first time that a high profile American tennis match was available live and exclusively on the Web. The live and on-demand stream generated more than 250,000 streams.

drf716
08-22-2006, 03:31 AM
for asian fans

no coverage for STAR SPORTS?

Scotso
08-22-2006, 05:06 AM
I love USA Network.

And I love night sessions. :D

Deboogle!.
08-22-2006, 05:39 AM
Tennis on USA + no daytime classes = :hearts: :dance: :yippee:

Pigpen Stinks
08-22-2006, 05:50 AM
Hopefully there won't be any boneheaded decisions to go off the air as a match is entering the fifth set during the night session. Aside from a minor flop or two last year their coverage was excellent. They even cut to exciting finishes on outer courts much more than in the past, even if there was a scintillating Sharapova-Meilen Tu match that was at the critical 6-1, 4-1 juncture.

hanabishi
08-22-2006, 01:41 PM
for asian fans

hey drf716, unfortunately STAR Sports will not be covering it this year.. But if you're in the Philippines, Sports Plus will be broadcasting the LIVE coverage.

croat123
08-22-2006, 01:54 PM
for asian fans

cctv5 is also picking up some coverage, although i don't know the exact time

Deboogle!.
08-22-2006, 04:57 PM
Hopefully there won't be any boneheaded decisions to go off the air as a match is entering the fifth set during the night session. Aside from a minor flop or two last year their coverage was excellent. They even cut to exciting finishes on outer courts much more than in the past, even if there was a scintillating Sharapova-Meilen Tu match that was at the critical 6-1, 4-1 juncture.I think these problems only happened on the East Coast when they were going up against the CBS nightly show. Out here on the West Coast, we lost no coverage (except for those who had satellite coverage which has East Coast Feed of USA), because the coverage on USA is live and the CBS nightly show is at 12:35 Pacific Time. Contractual obligations probably state that CBS has precedence, so if play were to go that late this year, which seems unlikely yet possible, it'll probably happen again....

Michael Armando
08-23-2006, 10:46 AM
hey drf716, unfortunately STAR Sports will not be covering it this year.. But if you're in the Philippines, Sports Plus will be broadcasting the LIVE coverage.

Astro TV (Satellite Broadcast and pay tv) covered FO'06 and will broadcast USO 06. It's lucky for malaysian/indonesian who install the ASTRO TV.

I'ml :sad: and :mad:

smucav
08-23-2006, 04:16 PM
http://www.sportsmediainc.com/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=15850&bannerregion=Spend Sunday With Andre On ESPN Classic
By Tennis Week
08/22/2006

Andre Agassi has provided his fans with 20 years of tennis thrills and will make his farewell to tournament tennis at next week's U.S. Open. But before the Open begins, you can relieve some of the eight-time Grand Slam champion's greatest Grand Slam matches courtesy of ESPN Classic, which has scheduled seven hours of an Agassi tribute set to start on Sunday at 1 p.m. Eastern time.

The seven hours of programming will begin with SportsCentury: Andre Agassi with updated highlights and interviews from the showís original airing in 2001. The tribute will continue throughout the day with condensed replays of three Grand Slam finals from Agassiís legendary career, including the 1995 Australian Open win over his longtime rival Pete Sampras.

ESPN Classic Agassi Schedule
Sunday, August 27 (all times are Eastern)
1-2 p.m. SportsCentury: Andre Agassi
2-4 p.m. 1992 Wimbledon Final: Agassi vs. Goran Ivanisevic
4-6 p.m. 1995 Australian Open Final: Agassi vs Pete Sampras
6-8 p.m. 1999 U.S. Open Final: Agassi vs. Todd Martin

aussie_fan
08-24-2006, 01:34 PM
anyone know the australian tv schdule? will channel 9 get the last 4 days again?

drf716
08-25-2006, 01:13 AM
i do not have coverage :(
any online thingies though???

tennissavy
08-26-2006, 05:00 AM
Does anyone know of any livestreaming for the US Open?

smucav
08-27-2006, 07:50 PM
http://www.nbcumv.com/usa/release_detail.nbc/nbcuniversalcable-20060814000000-directv44usanet.html
NBC Universal Media Village
DIRECTV, USA NETWORK AND USTA SERVE UP THE FIRST-EVER INTERACTIVE TV COVERAGE OF 2006 US OPEN
Published: August 14, 2006

DIRECTV Customers Continue to Get Red Carpet Treatment; Can Watch Up To Five US Open Matches at Any Time and More Than 100 Live Matches Overall

EL SEGUNDO, Calif., and NEW YORK -- August 14, 2006 -- DIRECTV, USA Network and the USTA are providing tennis fans with the first-ever interactive TV coverage of a major U.S. tennis event through a new service, US Open Interactive on USA only on DIRECTV.

Free to DIRECTV customers, the interactive service will expand USA Network's national coverage of the 2006 US Open, including unprecedented access to more early round matches, statistics and information on demand, and the ability to view up to five matches simultaneously on a special US Open Mix channel. In all, DIRECTV customers will have access to up to 300 hours of tournament coverage that includes more than 100 additional matches.

Employing its industry-leading interactive technology, DIRECTV will utilize USA Network's production resources at US Open tennis courts normally used for cutaways from matches featured during USA Network's national coverage. Viewers will be able to select from any one of several live matches - taking their US Open viewing experience to a new level.

"This is the biggest advance for tennis fans since color television," said Eric Shanks, executive vice president, DIRECTV Entertainment. "We're extremely pleased to team with USA Network to bring this innovation to our customers absolutely free of charge."

"We're excited by the notion of combining USA Network's national coverage of the US Open with DIRECTV's interactive television innovations to create the ultimate US Open experience for viewers," said Bridget Baker, executive vice president, NBC Universal Cable. "Each year, dramatic storylines unfold during early round matches from many places at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center, so it makes perfect sense to provide tennis fans access to as much of this drama as possible, as it occurs."

With the US Open Interactive service, customers will have the ability to enjoy five channels of expanded coverage starting at 11 a.m. ET and covering all the day's action on the featured courts during the US Open's first five days. In addition, a special US Open Mix channel will feature all of these matches plus USA's own coverage simultaneously, with live onscreen scoring of all the matches. Viewers with interactive equipment will be able to highlight each cell to hear live audio specific to the cell's featured match, and can tune to any match full screen at the push of a button.

In addition to the expanded coverage and the US Open Mix Channel, viewers will have access to a half-screen Scoreboard overlay on both the US Open Mix and the extra Court Channels. The Scoreboard will feature the previous day and current day's match results, as well as the next day's upcoming match ups.

About DIRECTV, Inc.
DIRECTV, Inc. is the nation's leading digital television service provider with more than 15.5 million customers. DIRECTV and the Cyclone Design logo are registered trademarks of DIRECTV, Inc. DIRECTV (NYSE:DTV) is a world-leading provider of digital multichannel television entertainment. DIRECTV is approximately 39 percent owned by News Corporation.

About USA Network
Seen in 90 million homes, USA Network is cable television's leading network of original series and feature movies, sports and entertainment events, network shows and blockbuster theatrical films. The USA Network Web site is located at www.usanetwork.com. Characters Welcome.

USA Network is a program service of NBC Universal Cable a division of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience.http://www.nbcumv.com/usa/release_detail.nbc/sports-20060824000000-usanetwork039s1.htmlNBC Universal Media Village
USA NETWORK'S 107 HOURS OF US OPEN COVERAGE BEGINS THIS MONDAY
Published: August 24, 2006

McEnroe, Robinson, Enter 15th Year Together as Tennis' Premier Broadcast Tandem

McEnroe on Agassi: "Reminds Me Of George Foreman"

NEW YORK Ė August 24, 2006 Ė USA Network, in its 23rd year of US Open coverage, will telecast more than 107 hours of the 2006 US Open Tennis Championship over 12 days, including more than 95 hours live, beginning on Monday, Aug. 28, 11 a.m. ET/8 a.m. PT including primetime coverage of the special Opening Night ceremony featuring the renaming of the USTA National Tennis Center in honor of Billie Jean King. USA's live coverage will be simulcast on Universal HD.

CBS and USA Network hosted a conference call yesterday to preview coverage of the US Open. On the call were USA/CBS tennis analyst John McEnroe, USA women's lead analyst Tracy Austin and CBS analyst Mary Carillo.

Ted Robinson (lead play-by-play) and John McEnroe (analyst) enter their 15th year together as USA Network's lead US Open broadcast team. McEnroe, a four-time US Open singles champion and a member of the International Tennis Hall of Fame, has earned two Emmy Award nominations for his outspoken tennis commentary. Fellow Hall-of-Famers Tracy Austin, in her 16th year calling US Open action, and Jim Courier, a four-time Grand Slam champion, also will provide analysis. Bill Macatee (play-by-play), Michael Barkann (reporter), Al Trautwig (studio host) and Sports Illustrated's Jon Wertheim (reporter) round out USA's US Open team.

JOHN MCENROE ON THE EVOLUTION OF AGASSI: "REMINDS ME OF GEORGE FOREMAN"
"To me he was a likeable guy and a very smart guy and sort of a reflective guy at his early age. I find it nonetheless rather amazing that he's made this transformation; it reminds me of George Foreman a little bit because there were a lot of people that felt he was surly and not friendly and there were times where Andre did have a chip on his shoulder. But for the most part I think with people around the sport he seemed to be pretty likable. He was able to [do a] metamorphosis; George did that same thing. I remember all of a sudden him becoming this lovable teddy bear. For Andre, some of it seems to be, when he was with Stefi, but things were already happy."

MCENROE ON AGASSI'S CHANCES: "ANDRE'S GOT IT IN HIM"
"Baghdatis has come a long way this year. He hasn't done much again on the hard court season but he's usually a tougher guy to beat in a longer match so some of it can obviously be how the physical condition of Andre is because that is going to take something out him either way. And then have to take that a step further and play Andy [Roddick] just to get through the quarters, that is quite a lot to ask. I mean Andre's got it in him but I can see Baghdatis has some game."

MCENROE ON AGASSI'S LEGACY: "INCREDIBLE AMBASSADOR"
"He cut the hair, he dedicated himself to the sport and he's become this incredible ambassador, so now we just have to figure out a way to keep him around after he obviously stops playing after this event. You still want him to be part of the sport somehow, but you have to give the guy a lot of credit because he's used his smarts very well."

TRACY AUSTIN ON AGASSI'S LEGACY: "ONE OF THE GREATS AND A LEADER TO OTHER SPORTSMEN"
"I think he's going to be remembered as obviously one of the greats but also someone off the court who is one of the greats and can be a leader to other sportsmen. This is the way to do it."

MCENROE ON CONNORS/RODDICK PARTNERSHIP: "HE'S GOT SOME THINGS ANDY NEEDS"
"It is sort of a great thing for both of them potentially because Andy [Roddick] obviously has been struggling with confidence and his ranking slipped, and he [Jimmy Connors] can bring something to the table. He's got some things that Andy needs. He was one of the greatest returners that ever played the game. He's also a great strategist. He was great going from defense to offense, which is an underrated part of his game. Also just competitively, his effort level was so high and his intensity level and that could potentially rub off on Roddick."

MCENROE ON TOP MEN'S PLAYERS:
"You hope that this Federer/Nadal thing continues to flourish, but also there may be a Roddick possibly that could get back into that mix. Maybe one of these young guys; one of these four or five guys whether it's Richard Gasquet, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray or [Tomas] Berdych from the Czech Republic. One of these four guys is going to be in a year or two one of the best players at the top of the game. [Gael] Monfils is another guy with some personality. There's a couple young 18-19 year olds [Marcos] Baghdatis, if he could make a step Ė and we could find a way to bring these guys into the mix so it wouldn't just be the two of them [Federer and Nadal], I think that would be really, really good for the sport."

MCENROE ON INSTANT REPLAY: "A GREAT ADDITION"
"It's going to be a great addition. I do think there should be tinkering with the rules as far as the replay system. I think it would be more exciting if you had more limited amount of replays and if you were wrong, say the second time, you lost an additional point. That would cut down on the number of people doing it because they were tired from the end of a point, or just doing it for another reason besides actually feeling they got a bad call. I think it will take a little pressure off the umpires, and they will probably make better calls."

AUSTIN ON INSTANT REPLAY: "THERE IS STRATEGY INVOLVED"
"I love it. I absolutely think it's a great addition. I think that because there are a limited number that there is strategy involved. It's a good way to go away from a match feeling like, okay, I know at least the right call was made and I love that aspect as the player and I love it even more as a fan."

AUSTIN ON SERENA WILLIAMS: "SHE CAN GET BACK TO THE TOP OF THE GAME"
"I think now hopefully she's gotten that focus again and that desire. I think that's the main key for me with Serena is that desire to stay out there for long periods as far as practice sessions and not decide that she's going to come back for two to three tournaments. She just hasn't played much. She's played two tournaments since Australia. I think that if she can come back on a consistent basis, get back into full playing shape like she was before, I have no doubt in my mind that she can get back to the top of the game."

AUSTIN ON THE STATE OF WOMEN'S TENNIS: "IT'S A LITTLE SCARY"
"As far as women's tennis, it is a little scary. With Lindsey [Davenport] being 30 and Venus 26, and Serena coming in and out of the game. Monica [Seles] I don't think will be playing anymore. I don't know about Jennifer [Capriatti]; it seems like the years are getting too long for her, so it's definitely a scary time for women's tennis because I do think the general public in the United States likes to see a few Americans at the top, and what I see is more Europeans. [Ana] Ivanovic is just a big time player, and somebody that we're going to be seeing in the top ten soon, and a possible Grand-Slam Champion in a couple of years."

MCENROE ON USTA RENAMING CENTER FOR BILLIE JEAN KING:
"It's quite fitting that someone who's, without a doubt, the biggest contributor to women's sports Ė forget tennis Ė sports, there's not one person in the history of the world that's been more important to women's sport and obviously tennis than Billie Jean. When I was younger I was totally against the equal prize-money type thing, I've had four girls since and I see how that opens doors for kids Ė young girls growing up Ė and what that means, and I think that we're so far ahead of other sports now, and it's a great move to do that."

USA Network will telecast afternoon coverage Monday, Aug. 28 through Friday, Sept. 1 and Tuesday, Sept. 5 through Thursday, Sept. 7 beginning at 11 a.m. ET/8 a.m. PT; and primetime coverage Monday, Aug. 28 through Thursday, Sept. 7 starting at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT. Highlights of USA's coverage include the Men's and Women's Quarterfinals (Sept. 5-7), the Mixed Doubles Final (Sept. 7), Women's Doubles Semifinals (Sept. 7), as well as the Women's Doubles Final on Sunday, Sept. 10 (1-2:30 p.m.). USA's "Match of the Day" will be rebroadcast at 2 a.m. ET/PT Aug. 29-Aug. 31 and Sept. 5-7.

CBS Sports will air weekend afternoon coverage including the primetime women's final in and the men's final.

USA Sports on site: 718.393.9755 or 718.393.9781

Deboogle!.
08-27-2006, 09:24 PM
Apparently people have to have an interactive receiver to get this DirecTV special coverage, so that kinda stinks for those who don't.

Vialator
08-28-2006, 12:39 AM
A question : what are the courts equipped with cameras and televised ?

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/2603/smallmaptp4.jpg

I know the Grandstand, the Louis Armstrong Stadium, and the Arthur Ashe Stadium are inevitably equipped, also the courts 10 and 11, but what are the others ?

Paul88
08-28-2006, 12:42 PM
anyway to receive USA Network on streaming? :)

NyGeL
08-31-2006, 06:26 AM
A question : what are the courts equipped with cameras and televised ?

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/2603/smallmaptp4.jpg

I know the Grandstand, the Louis Armstrong Stadium, and the Arthur Ashe Stadium are inevitably equipped, also the courts 10 and 11, but what are the others ?

only those... AA, LA, GS, 10 & 11. I think all courts have some cameras, but not for live coverage.

I really like ESPN Coverage for Argentina... is very complete!

goslabs
09-02-2006, 06:59 PM
Can anyone give me any links for free US Open live streams ?

markom
09-02-2006, 08:37 PM
if you are familiar with streaming programs on tuv player there is usa network and cctv5 and on tvants there is eurosport(not english) on the soccer addict channel.if not there is no problem just download them and install

ASP0315
09-02-2006, 11:51 PM
Check GM thread frequently.Tennis 85, Four Love and myself posted the info there.
Here is the thread (in case you did not find it)
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=84496

zicofirol
09-05-2006, 03:20 AM
Add this to the tv coverage thread I cant find it, lol.

Anyway anyone else not get coverage? For some reason im watching some dumb show not the hewitt match, WTF :mad:

mangoes
09-05-2006, 03:20 AM
Try CNBC or TTC............. Both channels are airing the match.

robinhood
09-05-2006, 03:24 AM
Yeah, right now on the east coast CNBC, west coast USA

soraya
09-05-2006, 03:31 AM
:zzz: :zzz: Tim Ryan and taylor Dent:zzz::zzz:Doesn't even look, sound like an evening match at center court.

Fee
09-05-2006, 03:33 AM
Try the webcast at USOpen.org.

AsianSensation
09-05-2006, 03:39 AM
Add this to the tv coverage thread I cant find it, lol.

Anyway anyone else not get coverage? For some reason im watching some dumb show not the hewitt match, WTF :mad:

Hey don't be knocking on WWE Raw now :p

mishagirl
09-05-2006, 03:39 AM
im watching it on CNBC

soraya
09-05-2006, 03:56 AM
im watching it on CNBC

thanks, CNBC is much better.

~*BGT*~
09-05-2006, 04:01 AM
Why is it on CNBC? i mean, I'm not complaining. At least it's on. :)

soraya
09-05-2006, 04:08 AM

Don't know but quality wise CNBC is better than TTC.

Clara Bow
09-05-2006, 04:08 AM

USA and CNBC are both subsidiaries of the NBC company. WWE Raw normally brings in big ratings for USA- so I guess they decided to move the second match to a sister NBC subsidiary.

Tennis Fool
09-05-2006, 04:19 AM
USA and CNBC are both subsidiaries of the NBC company. WWE Raw normally brings in big ratings for USA- so I guess they decided to move the second match to a sister NBC subsidiary.
Plus they don't want any angry MTFers calling about how Gasquet was dissed again this year :p

zicofirol
09-05-2006, 04:33 AM
Try CNBC or TTC............. Both channels are airing the match.
got it thanks, but I missed the first set and a half of play.

Clara Bow
09-05-2006, 04:38 AM
Plus they don't want any angry MTFers calling about how Gasquet was dissed again this year :p

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Isn't that when they cut off the Ginepri/Gasquet match to show Law and Order? :lol:

Jagermeister
09-05-2006, 04:44 AM
Johnny Mac stated that if the previous match (Serena vs Mauresmo) went into the CNBC broadcast, he would bid goodnight. I guess he's still bitter about his crappy talk show getting cancelled. I mean, the Food network's "How to Boil Water" had better ratings.

Captaint
09-05-2006, 09:25 PM
Hi,

I am looking for someone who has Tevo, cable DVR or has somehow recorded the second round Agassi vs Baghdatis match. My father is a huge tennis fan, but lives on a remote island in the Pacific. He is not able to get coverage of the US open, and is dying to see that match. So I am looking for someone who could record it onto a VHS tape and send it to me, or who could tell me of another way I could purchase a copy. I would be willing to send you a VHS tape with postage or send you a money order for your cost. My pop would be grateful and I would win big points as his loving daughter.

Thanks and Aloha

Captaint
09-06-2006, 12:05 AM
Hi - thanks for that. I think I will wait a day or two to see if someone else might have the entire match. But if I don't get any more hits, I will follow up again and maybe we can figure out how to get a copy to me. Thanks again for responding,
Aloha

Halba
09-07-2006, 09:22 AM
am looking for a video highlighted match of nadal v youzhny

GonzoFan
09-07-2006, 09:43 AM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?p=4093433#post4093433

khyber
09-09-2006, 07:21 PM
I was watching The Tennis Channel last night and the crawl at the bottom of the screen said that they would be showing the Mixed Doubles final at midnight eastern time.

So just a heads up for any doubles fans.

smsthss
09-15-2006, 06:52 PM
Hey,

Can anyone please post the match video between Federer and Roddick..?

Thanks in advance...

MatchFederer
09-19-2006, 01:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfbOCZlijjQ

It would be worth subscribing to meworld for future Federer matches if you are a fan, or even if you are not.

All matches of the US open 2006 that Roger played in are available from that user..

meworld is a LEGEND. :worship:

smsthss
09-19-2006, 06:32 PM
Thanks a lot, buddy....

Is it possible to get a high quality version of the final match..?

Thanks..

MatchFederer
09-19-2006, 09:26 PM
Hmm, you would have tobuy a dvd from a website I would imagine. One was mentioned in General messages a couple of weeks ago actually, if I find it i'll post the link.

jinsoichiro
08-29-2007, 04:18 PM
if you are familiar with streaming programs on tuv player there is usa network and cctv5 and on tvants there is eurosport(not english) on the soccer addict channel.if not there is no problem just download them and install

do you know what the usa network is called on tvu player? i can't seem to find it. thanks!