Can we have the v-betting changed back to it's former layout? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Can we have the v-betting changed back to it's former layout?

Peta Pan
08-19-2006, 03:34 PM
I really don't like the new layout for v-betting where you have to go to the actual tournament thread to put a bet on. It was so much easier before when you just clicked on a v-cash link or the VirtualBetting link and it took you to all the open matches :shrug:

This new format is so much slower :( There are a few others that I know of that have shown displeasure for it too so please consider changing it back!!

NATAS81
08-19-2006, 04:11 PM
Yeah, this new format sucks. I gotta click 50 links to place one bet.

Deboogle!.
08-19-2006, 04:30 PM
Yes, I completely agree.

El Legenda
08-19-2006, 05:11 PM
what? new layout?

partygirl
08-19-2006, 05:35 PM
yeah....BOOOOO!

tangerine_dream
08-19-2006, 05:51 PM
I agree 100%. I haven't even bothered placing bets recently because I can't be bothered to click through a ton of screens just to find the couple of matches that I want to bet on.

It was much more user friendly and easier to just click on the v-betting link and all of the available matches to bet on were laid out right there on one page.

Why did you have to mess with something that wasn't broke to begin with? :sad:

zethand
08-20-2006, 03:52 AM
let´s see if they are gonna listen to you? can we set a bet on this?

Peta Pan
08-20-2006, 09:06 AM
let´s see if they are gonna listen to you? can we set a bet on this?
Well if we could I wouldn't be able to find the page where the bet could be placed anyway :p

wtn_amanda
08-20-2006, 04:45 PM
I agree 100%. I haven't even bothered placing bets recently because I can't be bothered to click through a ton of screens just to find the couple of matches that I want to bet on.

It was much more user friendly and easier to just click on the v-betting link and all of the available matches to bet on were laid out right there on one page.

Why did you have to mess with something that wasn't broke to begin with? :sad:

It was broke because it was causing the site to crash during busy times. :)

It's still fairly easy to find your bet. Just use your browser "find" tool to jump immediately to the thread(s) you need each day. In firefox, you can keep the find box open until you're finished.

Björki
08-20-2006, 06:42 PM
I also prefer the old layout

J. Corwin
08-25-2006, 08:57 AM
I don't mind the newer vbetting format but I definitely prefer the former one. I went about a month without vbetting because I had no clue the newer way was in place. I just thought vbetting was down. MTF you owe me money!!! :p

Tommy_Babyboy
08-25-2006, 10:13 AM
I will be glad to have any layout of vbetting just TO HAVE IT!
http://www.cosgan.de/images/more/bigs/e136.gif

wtn_amanda
08-25-2006, 11:23 AM
Due to time constraints, I will no longer be able to run the Virtual Betting game with immediate effect. If somebody else, or a team of individuals is interested in carrying on the game, it may be possible to resurrect virtual betting.

You will need to understand fractional odds to post markets.
You will need to source odds from betting sides to keep the game realistic.
And you will need time and plenty of enthusiasm to keep up with the rash of events.

Please let me know if anyone is interested.

Thanks.

Bolar Bolabi
08-25-2006, 01:52 PM
That's fair enough. You did a good job.

bad gambler
08-25-2006, 02:16 PM
Best if we can get people from different timezones as well to cater for everyone here for those interested in running v-betting :wavey:

wtn_amanda
08-25-2006, 02:25 PM
Yes, it would work far better if people in different timezones were posting events.

Deboogle!.
08-25-2006, 03:10 PM
A lot of people who might be interested in helping out might not read this part of the forum. Maybe someone could make a site announcement about it, I bet there are people who have the time and are interested.

adee-gee
08-25-2006, 03:28 PM
I don't know how much work it is, but I could give it a go :shrug:

08-25-2006, 05:31 PM
Oh Adam thank you :hug: I was just posting to Steve that I didn't have the understanding about odds to do vBetting.
And even if I did I couldn't post Matches. Because of the equipment I use. You see I don't have a PC I use an MSN TV
2 (which you have probably never heard of) it only lets me do very limited things because it isn't an actual computer.

Bolar Bolabi
08-26-2006, 02:11 AM

You'd rig it to make sure you win lots of v-cash.

08-26-2006, 04:32 AM
I don't think the "House" can vBet. I hope Adam thought of that when he made his offer.

bad gambler
08-26-2006, 04:39 AM
I don't think the "House" can vBet. I hope Adam thought of that when he made his offer.

Pretty sure he still can

savesthedizzle
08-26-2006, 05:08 AM

It would be pretty hard to get a volunteer to run vBetting who would still care enough about vBetting if they weren't allowed to participate. :p

08-26-2006, 07:14 AM
It would be pretty hard to get a volunteer to run vBetting who would still care enough about vBetting if they weren't allowed to participate. :p
That was my first thought, but since to my knowledge Amanda didn't bet I thought maybe the House couldn't bet. I'm glad everyone can participate :)

adee-gee
08-26-2006, 09:28 AM
I wouldn't need to rig it ;)

Bolar Bolabi
08-27-2006, 12:41 AM
I was going to offer to maybe help out a little bit, but if I can't participate, screw that!

08-27-2006, 01:29 AM
I was going to offer to maybe help out a little bit, but if I can't participate, screw that!
Don't misunderstand me. I just thought that since to my knowledge Amanda didn't bet--the "House" couldn't bet. Maybe Amanda just didn't want to bet? Or maybe she did bet, but I just didn't know about it? Bad Gambler posted that he was "pretty sure he still can". Meaning Adam because that is who I was posting about. And if Adam could still bet so could anyone else that helped out. So it is something that you would have to check out officially, if you were interested in helping.

Deboogle!.
08-27-2006, 01:37 AM
You can bet privately, then no one would know. Do you know every vbet everyone's ever made? :unsure:

belco
08-27-2006, 07:12 AM
im from australian my hands up :D settle the bets as fast as possible so we can bet again :P its all about the near instant settles :P

08-27-2006, 08:17 AM
im from australian my hands up :D settle the bets as fast as possible so we can bet again :P its all about the near instant settles :P
Great :D I remember Amanda saying it would be good to have people from different time zones.

J. Corwin
08-27-2006, 09:01 AM
you can take time zone outer space