San Jose [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

San Jose

fleemke²
02-03-2004, 02:16 PM
Well it starts next week and for now he is still in the tournament so let's hope he finally comes back!

:bounce:

Lee
02-06-2004, 04:26 AM
:banana: :banana: The long waited 'Tommy Comeback' is finally here.

from his website tommyhaas.com

Comeback in San Jose

Finally - after 1 year and 3 months I´ll be back on tour. San Jose will be my first tournament and I´m really looking forward to play there.
I ´ve been waiting for this moment for so long. To not know when I would be playing on tour again and to practice without a goal (special date and tournament) in my head was very hard for me.
So, I really need to get back on tour and play matches. I can´t just practice anymore. This long, long break is over. I can´t tell you, how much this meens to me.

Please, no high expectations!!!

Even though, I´m so happy to start my comeback in San Jose I don´t want anybody to set their expectations too high, neither the fans or the journalists. During the first couple of weeks I just want to play matches to get the feel back. To be a part of the tour again. I´m not thinking of winning the tournament, I´m thinking of playing it! If I win a few matches: perfect!!!
You shouldn´t forget: I didn´t play any matches on tour for the last 15 months. And that´s a long time. It is hard enough for myself to take it slow and to be patient. But I need time to get back to the level I was at.

During the last weeks I still have had little problems with my shoulder and my back. Hopefully everything will be fine and the aches and pains will stay away.

Keep enjoying my website!

Yours, Tommy

taremi
02-07-2004, 09:57 AM
We had waited for Tommy's comeback for a long time!!! :yippee:
:banana: Goooooooo Tommy!!! Good luck on the Siebel Open!!!! :bounce:

fleemke²
02-09-2004, 04:13 PM
:hearts:

Neely
02-09-2004, 10:05 PM
Let's go, Tommy!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

I'm already so excited about his first match since October 2002, I can't tell you about that :)

fleemke²
02-10-2004, 01:19 PM
I mailed Tommy yesterday and I already got an answer :hearts:

Here's my mail and his answer :)
HI Evi,

thanks a lot for your email. The break was so long. I´m glad to be back at
a tournament as a player. I´m looking forward to play Vince! Hopefully,
everything will be fine. Above all with my back and my shoulder.

Take care,
Tommy

> Hi Tommy!
>
> Great to see you back in a draw! Well you kapt us long waiting but true fans stay behind you! I hope you'll get back on you highest level soon
> and, maybe more important, enjoy tennis as before! I really hope to see you live in action someday ... maybe at RG!
>
>
> Good luck
> Evi a fan from Belgium!

taremi
02-10-2004, 03:58 PM
Hi, fleemke²!
Wow!!! That's a great reply from Tommy!!! How lucky are you!!!! :yippee: He's so sweet, isn't he? :hearts:
Let's cheer him up!!! ;) Come on, Tommy!!!! :bounce:

fleemke²
02-11-2004, 02:47 PM
He is sweet Taremi :hearts:

Even though I lost 4:6, 2:6 – I´m satisfied with my comeback

San Jose. Obviously, I would have loved to win my first match against Vince Spadea. But over all I´m happy with the way it went. The good thing is that I had no problems with my shoulder. Yesterday, I realized that I haven´t played a match for long, long time. Playing tournaments is a big difference. I just need a lot of matches to improve my game. And that was expected.

The crowd was great. They welcomed me very friendly. It´s such a good feeling to play in front of people. The worst part of my game was my serve. I will work especially on that the next few days. On Friday, I will be flying to Memphis. Till than, I will stay in San Jose and practice here.

Keep enjoying my website!

Yours, Tommy

taremi
02-12-2004, 11:27 PM
Thanks for posting, Fleemke²! :D

Don't worry Tommy! You had a garet comeback match!! Good luck in the next!! ;)

Leo
02-16-2004, 03:11 AM
How nice that he replied to you, Evi! Tommy treats his fans great. :)