What is the difference between Safin's game and Roddick's game? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

What is the difference between Safin's game and Roddick's game?

U.S. AIR FORCE
08-10-2002, 01:46 PM
A lot of people on this board say Roddick is very one-dimensional, big serve, big groundies. Strategy is hit hard, hard, hard. He is talentless and everyone else on the tour is better then him but some can't even beat him.

When I've seen Safin's matches I see the exact same thing: Big serve, huge groundstokes, hit hard, hard, hard. Yet I don't see much anti-Safin rhetoric being spewed on the board. Why? Is it the attention Roddick gets? Is it because he's an American on a board where most people hate America or Americans? Or is it because he is a threat to your favorite player? I'm not fan of Roddick myself, I prefer the Swede's more than anyone. Yet I see a lot of people on this board who fawn over players with as much talent as people claim Roddick has-none. What gives?

:)

Dissident
08-10-2002, 02:18 PM
Dont compare Safin with Andy.
Marat has a thing called TOUCH. That comes directly from talent, special skills. He is a magic, so I dont get where he could be classified as a heavy hitter and thats it. NO WAY!

And the problem with Pandy is mainly the attention people give him. Its WWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY too much. I know its not his fault, but you cant dissociate it, since the guy will be on tv playing Mr Nobody WhatsHisName on Center Court while some topten clash is going on at an OUTSIDE court.
THATS the real problem with Andy. And he is easy to poke fun at.

:)

warfreakbix
08-10-2002, 04:17 PM
Ahem, have you seen Roddick's backhand and Safin's groundstrokes are so fluid and not jerky! I hope soon we'll see them play each other in big events so you can actually see the difference in their game, light years my friend, light years!

Chloe le Bopper
08-10-2002, 04:21 PM
everyone else on the tour is better then him but some can't even beat him.

Everyone that I say is better than Roddick, either hasn't lost to him (Hewitt, Safin, Haas), or hasn't played him (Ferrero).

As for hating Americans...please :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I adore James Blake, and last time I checked he was flying the red, white and blue.

Chloe le Bopper
08-10-2002, 04:25 PM
I should also add, that comparing ROddicks game to Safins is *almost* funny :D

Safins strokes are far more fluid - he makes it look easy, not awkward :)

He also IMO. moves better, which doesn't really say much mind you ;)

Safin can actualyl hit the ball hard, and know where it is going. Safin can place his serves, and hit aces without just hitting them as hard as possible ;)

Despite all that, my reasons for taking the piss out of Andy aren't even based on his game. I take the piss out of him, because its just TOO easy not to.

Furthermore no player who has done so little, has been so hyped. Maybe he'll live up to the hype, but untill then its unjusitfied and annoying.

Murkofan
08-10-2002, 04:36 PM
I'm American, and I can't stand the Prick.

He's incredibly annoying. Everything about him, every facet of the game personality, grates on my nerves.

And, like Becca said, he just makes it so easy.

Layla
08-10-2002, 05:36 PM
Whereever did you get the impression that most posters hate America or Americans??? :confused: I'm online pretty much all the time and have read nearly all the threads, and your observation makes no sense to me. Please don't equate Roddick with America. :eek: :eek: :eek: Personally, I love America and Americans, but American tennis players - not so much, except for James Blake. It has nothing to do with their nationality and everything to do with thier personality. Peace. :)

Chloe le Bopper
08-10-2002, 05:38 PM
Something about the "do you just hate them cause they are american?" suggestion, is just SOOOOOO WTAworld :p

Dissident
08-10-2002, 05:42 PM
lol
Its really ludicrous to come up with that.
And I told you already... I like american tennis players: Gonzalez, Guga, Canas... ah, and James Blake. :p

Seriously, it has NOTHING to do with nationality, but comparing Roddick with Safin is just not right, imo. :)

Murkofan
08-10-2002, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Rebecca
Something about the "do you just hate them cause they are american?" suggestion, is just SOOOOOO WTAworld :p

LMAO Becca! Something else that's so WTAWorld: "You hate the Williams sisters? It must be because you're racist." :o :rolleyes:

TheBoiledEgg
08-10-2002, 05:44 PM
Marat has a complete game, and can do everything .

Roddick has the worst backhand in the top 10 since Greg Rusedski (but he can chip it), Roddicks is just pathetic.

just a serve and thats all, and yesterday he found out what happens when he plays a similar player but with a 10 times better game.

Gonzo cleaned him up

Chloe le Bopper
08-10-2002, 05:46 PM
I was taking the piss in a good natured sort of way...

I just feel that there are enough people in the world who ARE Antiamerican that it is useless to focus on those who aren't really.

All that said it wan't an accusation, more of a suggestion..

One I don't agree with, but I wanted to get it across I was intending to be rude to 'Go monica' (sorry, its easier to type :))

Jorge
08-10-2002, 05:47 PM
i was born in a continent called America as Hitman and Rebecca, so i am "american" too.
i am not from USA that's another story:rolleyes: i like a lot american players (they are my favs) as Guga, Meligeni, Lapentti, Delgado, González, Chela, Cañas, etc.

luckyly there aren't williams playing in the atptour otherwise you would see the general messages board full of silly threads started by dawn marie, freethinker, teerexx, etc.

WE ARE LUCKY HERE, AND WE NEED TO APPRECIATE THIS:D

btw how somebody dare to compare Marat with Andy???:rolleyes: marat is male!!!!:p

Pea
08-10-2002, 06:48 PM
Dickhead doesn't even have a good forehand. He is just all serve. Marat has a complete game with fantastic big groundies, huge serve, and soft touch at net. He has natural talent. Dickhead has non.

U.S. AIR FORCE
08-10-2002, 07:12 PM
Just curious ;)

Thanks for the replies ;) :p

Lily
08-10-2002, 07:46 PM
lol @ all the replies....

Hey, I like James Blake too!! Can we talk about him?? Can we? Can we?

Yeah, okay, I'm American (whatever) and what I dont like about the whole Andy thing is that he gets all the attention while all the other players get zip. I'm not even going to start on the games of both players (which Safin's is just superior and Andy's is well.....nevermind) Its just the whole attitude and aura and undeserved time and attention that Andy gets. I mean, in one example, when Ferrero reached the semi-finals of the FO in 2000 at the age of 20 (I think) there was no media, no recognition, nothing about it here. And about Guga, there are people here who dont even know him and that is RIDICULOUS!! So, I dont know, Andy brings a lot of negativity to himself, maybe for reasons that make sense and maybe for some that dont. Thats just my opinion.

AtPGiRL
08-10-2002, 07:47 PM
Great answers guys!! :D

I couldn't even believe my eyes when I saw the name of this thread! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

like, REALLY!

Pea
08-10-2002, 07:49 PM
I like Americans.....just lesser known ones:p like Robby, Mardy, Jack, Vince, Michael.:p

Jorge
08-10-2002, 07:57 PM
i repeat, we can't compare Andy with Marat, Safin is male!:rolleyes:
Perhaps we can compare him with serena or venus :p

safin_fan
08-10-2002, 07:58 PM
Andy can't even return the ball! He's just a serve! Marat can get his serve broken and still comeback and win the match. The thing that bugs me about Andy is that he still hasn't proven himself. No one cared about Marat until he won the US Open. Andy still hasn't won anything big. He seems really arrogant and gets the show courts.

U.S. AIR FORCE
08-10-2002, 08:16 PM
Let me say I didn't want to offend anyone. I shouldn't have put the anti-american part in the post. sorry if I offended anyone by it.

as i said before. i don't really like roddick either. i just think the bashing on the board here is rather excessive. And some of his fans might be offended by it (like some are here for me comparing Safin to Roddick).

i do agree he is overhyped and i do agree that the commentators were rather nauseating to listen to on ESPN.

i remember last year at the us open when he got to play the night matches on centre court (4 nights in a row or something which set a record.) forcing the more accomplished veterans onto the show court. but i don't believe andy pleads to be on the stadium courts. in america more people would rather see an american player. same in other countries with there players. if your "bone" with andy is because he is always on the stadium courts, then i think your issue should be more directred towards the tournament directors or whoever decides what matches play where.

i do think the attention he gets is rather premature. but roddick doesn't seem like an asshole (outside of tennis). he did offer to buy people tickets in houston i believe after his match got rained out. the people who stayed through the rain delay that were hoping for play. As much as I know he hasn't insulted any players like other players have. But I could be wrong?

Later. :wavey:

Nimi
08-10-2002, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Jorge
i repeat, we can't compare Andy with Marat, Safin is male!:rolleyes:
Perhaps we can compare him with serena or venus :p

LMAO :D

Dissident
08-10-2002, 08:28 PM
None is offended here, buddy.
Its just on good fun! :D

And the arguments resulted were hillarious, so Thanks! :bounce:

Lily
08-10-2002, 08:44 PM
Then I think Andy should go to the tournament directors or whoever makes those decisions and tell them that the accomplished veterans should play on centre court and move the unaccomplished players elsewhere. But is he mature enough to do that....

Jessi
08-10-2002, 08:48 PM
The difference is that Marat Safin has more talent in his finger than Roddick has in his whole body(hmm..don't know if i said that right:o, but anyway i think you get my drift;). Roddick can only dream of having a game like Safin's. He is not in the same league or class. Safin is superior in every way. Yes, this is fact! Not fiction! :D ;) ;)

Chloe le Bopper
08-10-2002, 11:08 PM
I mean, in one example, when Ferrero reached the semi-finals of the FO in 2000 at the age of 20 (I think) there was no media, no recognition, nothing about it here. And about Guga, there are people here who dont even know him and that is RIDICULOUS!!

You know how hard it is to even find decent articles on Ferrero's 2000 run? Then you have this year, where the guy had never even lost before the freaking semis, and they talked about him beating Agassi as a major shock :confused:

And Guga - I showed a video of Guga on clay to my class once, because I was doing a presentation of changes in racquets - i pointed out that he was the number one player in the world at the time and had won Roland Garros three times - and people were like "wow, really" :rolleyes:

The only one who knew that already was a freind of mine :p

ANyhow, no it isn't Andy's fault that people better than him get ignored - but it is hard not to get sick of seeing him face, and interviews for everything that he hasn't done.

Chloe le Bopper
08-10-2002, 11:09 PM
For Andy fans though -

My depreciation thread is supposed to be good natured - yet no one seriously bitches about the Potato thread.

So cool down ;)

John.Charles
08-10-2002, 11:33 PM
Andy sucks, Safin rules!!

Plain 'n simple!!

:rolleyes:

AtPGiRL
08-11-2002, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by jcsting
Andy sucks, Safin rules!!

Plain 'n simple!!

ROTF! I think you've got it covered there! :D :D :D

tazban1
08-11-2002, 07:43 AM
Why do I dislike Andy?
1. has anyone ever been so overhyped?
2. I remember his fans saying "Andy will win this year's Wimbledon" and "Andy will win this year's U.S. Open" the very first year he was on tour. I even saw someone who predicted that Andy would win the Calendar grand slam (all 4 in one year) within 5 years of being on tour. In every instance I guaranteed beforehand that it wouldn't happen. Then, of course, when Andy gets criticized, all I see is "he's young, give him time" and the like.
3. The commentators/media constantly gush over him and then make excuses for him if he's losing or throws another tantrum. Then they lambaste the foreign players when they don't behave half as badly as Andy.
4. He's drooled over for being so sexy when he looks like a big, gangly rat.
5. He's always given air time when he's done NOTHING of any significance while slam/masters series winners and top 5 players are lucky if their score lines get scrolled across the bottom of the screen.
6. He's a whiny drama queen. I'm not saying he's completely faking it, but even Shuzo Matzuoka sprawled on the ground didn't look to be in so much pain as Andy does right before sprinting across the court to hit the opponent's drop shot or jumping to a smash.
7. Not only does he wear his hat backwards, but it's normally crooked. (I just find this habit annoying on anyone)
8. He constantly and blatantly CHEATS during matches by being coached and neither the commentators nor the umpire ever call him on it.
9. He's given a lot of favoritism by the tournament organizers.

that's all I can think of off the top of my head, but I'm sure there's more. Btw, I'm American (USA).

As for the difference between Marat and Andy......

Roddick vs. Hewitt: 0-3
Safin vs. Hewitt: 3-3 (the most recent a 6/3 6/1 demolishing by Marat)

Roddick vs. Haas: 0-3
Safin vs. Haas: 2-2

Roddick vs. Agassi: 0-3
Safin vs. Agassi: 1-3

Roddick vs. Costa: 0-1
Safin vs. Costa: 1-0

Roddick vs. Canas: 0-1
Safin vs. Canas: 2-2

Roddick's total top 10 wins: 0
Safin's total top 10 wins: no clue, but a lot

Roddick's slams: 0
Safin's slams: 1

Roddick's masters titles: 0
Safin's masters titles: not sure, but he has some

Roddick's highest ranking: 9
Safin's highest ranking: 1

better forehand: Safin
better backhand: Safin
better serve: Andy hits it slightly harder but I don't know if it's necessarily better
better return: Safin - it's laughable how much better
better mover: Safin
better volleys: I guess first I'd actually have to see a few by Andy before I make a judgement
better variety: Safin (he uses the whole court more)
better power: Safin (remember, he's holding back on power from what he was when he started and he's still at the top in power)
better touch: Safin
better interviews: Safin
better looking: Safin - by far.

Lily
08-11-2002, 10:37 AM
wow....what a post, tazban1. I really enjoyed reading that, because I agree with everything you said. From the constant media attention to the way the commentators ignore/make excuses for his bad behavior to drama queen and to the so obvious favoritism. Everything. It's kind of a backlash right now and I think he knows it. I read somewhere recently that he said last year he was so new and exciting and everyone wanted to see him and this year, its like oh Andy... big deal. So I really think hes trying to downplay his image this year. He's trying, but its not working. lol That match with Lapentti certainly didnt help. What is it about this guy that drama must always follow him?? But anyway, I just think its the whole American thing and how the value of a player is higher if you happen to be an American. It's the most absurd thing, but it seems to be the truth. Someone said here (who said it?) that no one paid any attention to Safin until he won the US Open. True! They were all like, Who is this guy that took out our precious Pete? (no offense Pete) and WE were like, this is the talented young player whos been winning titles all year already. And about his interviews...someone else noticed his interviews! I love reading his. They're so funny and insightful and truthful. If you want to know the truth about anything, go to Safin. Andy's interviews are dreadful and boring and stupid (no offense Andy) But everything you said is right. :)

Jorge
08-11-2002, 12:51 PM
Comparing the incomparable thing
http://www.atptennis.com/en/images/90x120/playerstats/R485_AT_90.jpg
http://www.atptennis.com/en/images/90x120/playerstats/S741_TP_90.jpg

Roddick, Andy 0-1 Safin, Marat

12 2002 race pos 2

308 2002 race pts 422

8/30/1982 Birthdate 1/27/1980

Omaha, NE, Birthplace USA Moscow, Russia

Boca Raton, FL, USA Residence Monte Carlo, Monaco

6'1'' (185 cm) Height 6'4'' (193 cm)

180 lbs (81 kg) Weight 195 lbs (88 kg)

Right-handed Plays Right-handed

2000 Turned Pro 1997

44/14 YTD Won/Lost 37/15

2 YTD Titles 0

5 Career Titles 10

$1,585,366 Prize Money $7,652,311

2001 Los Angeles, Hard, R32
CA, U.S.A. Hard R32 Safin 3 6 4 6

tennischick
08-11-2002, 02:44 PM
US Air Force: i was quite offended by your implication that to dislike an American player makes one anti-American. so it was refreshing to read your apology later.

moving right along...;)

thanks tazban for the stats which say it all.

Safin is talented player with a complete game while Andy is an overhyped puppy.

Becool
08-11-2002, 05:33 PM
Andy has a solid game, his backhand is his worse shot. While Marat have all shots, and A superb serve as Andy... :p

I like both players tho'

Pea
08-11-2002, 05:40 PM
LMAO@Jorge!:p

RespectfulFan
08-12-2002, 03:21 AM
I haven't posted here before and maybe I shouldn't because I'm sure I will be attacked as soon as I post but I feel I have to say something about the lack respect on this board. Honestly when so many of you freely admit that you only make fun of Roddick because he's in easy target does not speak well of you. It's like the school bully who picks on the nerd because they are little and can't defend themselves. I'm not saying I do or do not like Roddick but if you major problem argument is that he's an easy target or gets too much attention is lame, pathetic and uninformed. I'm sure this post will be followed by several angry replies but I really don't care because I refuse to lower myself to this standard of bashing players.

Chloe le Bopper
08-12-2002, 03:38 AM
Respectfulfan - Do you intend to actually join us on the board, or was this the only post you planned on sharing?

No attack from me, by the way :) We're all entitled to an opinion on the matter, and frankly I was wondering when Andy would get more support on the issue.

Speaking only for myself - I do pick on him, because like I said - he's an easy target. I've been picked on all through highschool, and even still - for the very same reason.

I'm an easy target, because I'm hot headed, ill tempered, and tend to act irrational and idiotic when I get upset ;)

So for me to do it to another, doesn't strike me as a big deal. When people laugh at me, I really don't care - because its all in good fun.

Furthermore I would be *fairly* sure that Andy doesn't read this board, and if he did - I'm sure he won't lose sleep over what a whole bunch of internet id's think of him.

I'm not being a hypocrit either - there is a thread that takes the piss out of Juan Carlos Ferrero as well, and I've even added to it - if people want to make fun of a player that I admire, it doesn't bother me. As well it shouldn't - I don't know him personally.

I also find it a curiosity that people make fun of Hewitt around here a lot too, but no one is crying about his thread, or how people make fun of him?

I'm done rambling for now :o

AdriRob
08-12-2002, 03:41 AM
You can't compare the two games to an extent.....
Safin is definately much more talented and his shoots are way more fluid .....Andy is completly coached.....he learned how to play.....Safin had talent, so he just had to bring it out and practice.
Nevertheless there is something we can compare, which is their evolution......the two of them started Hitting the ball as hard as they could, and now they are just pushing it....
you can appreciate it better in Safin's game , and we will see it later on in Andys' game....
anyhow, none of them will get to dominate the tour .....Marat needs more head...brain...something like that...
Andy needs tennis...and mature

Love

:rolleyes: :D :)

Berlin_Calling
08-12-2002, 04:13 AM
Safin is a cool dude, while Roddick is a loser. Plain, and simple. :rolleyes: Don't even try to compare these two. Lets start with the service motion. Marat's, you can't get any smoother than that, he is very relaxed and the whole motion is good to look at, AND also to look at. Now, on to Roddick's motion. Look is he having a spasm??!! He jerks his whole freakin hip in and out and what is trying to do, freakin fuck the sir in front of him?? I mean, god that is one ugly moti0n!
On to Roddick's backhand, its disgusting. I can hit it more consistently than him. :rolleyes: Again, Safin's looks very fluid. It's very freeflowing and its actually useful, something called talent. The forehand, sure Andy's forehand gets him a lot of winners, but again consistency. Some errors he makes on his forehand, its disgusting. And whats up with that backswing?? You already know what Im gonna say about Marats forehand so ill end here ;)

Chloe le Bopper
08-12-2002, 05:20 AM
RespectfulFan - I'm still wondering if you joined the board for no other reason to insult us?

If so, then that doesn't make on any better, does it?

If not, then I look forward to more posts. I like some opposition ;)

tennischick
08-12-2002, 11:18 AM
if people are not joining the board bec of the Andy bashing, that would be unfortunate (there are a lot of anti-Andy threads, let's be honest, while there is only one anti-Hewitt thread for example). perhaps there is too much Andy-bashing? really if he is such a non-talent why does he have to get all this attention.

i don't mean to be a hypocrite bec i have enjoyed composing limericks about him etc etc but maybe it's all going a bit overboard? respectful's opionion about the possible effects of that is one to consider.

furthermore, if Respectfyl genuinely fears that others may bash him/her, that would be doubly unfortunate as i think we should stay away from bashing each other. i have no problems with making fun of any player but i draw the line at personal attacks against each other. that was my problem with ChristinaE. i bashed Sampras and she retaliated by bashing me. i pointed it out and to her credit she has stopped. i don't think we should ever stoop to the level of bashing each other. that should be declared off-limits. just MHO.

Dissident
08-12-2002, 01:41 PM
And I couldnt agree more. Personal attacks would be WAY off-limits. I mean, we´re not that lame... most of us at least.

About the Andy bashing, I agree that maybe it went a little overboard. Maybe...

tennischick
08-12-2002, 01:56 PM
from Jon Wertheim...

I think I was one of the first Andy Roddick Fan Club members. However, I have observed his lack of compassion and humility within the last year. Am I expecting too much from someone his age or do you also view him as an often-irate and super-competitive brat (which, by the way, is my reason for not being a Lleyton Hewitt fan)? Do you think the pressure that American tennis fans place on him has affected his demeanor and desire to desperately succeed? Am I being too hard on the kid?
—Laurence Christian, Freiburg, Germany

Man, these bandwagons empty as quickly they fill up. Lots of you wrote in this week to complain about Roddick. I think you (plural) are being too harsh. Roddick would be the first to admit this hasn't been a banner year, particularly at the Slams. But he hasn't exactly flamed out either. Even heading into Toronto, he was leading the tour in wins this year. As for his demeanor, he is indeed super-competitive, but I don't see much evidence of a brat. Give him a few minutes to calm down after a match and he is engaging, funny and personable, be it with fans, sponsors or the media. As Ernie Johnson, the terrific TNT studio host and Charles Barkley's straight man, put it during Wimbledon: "The kid just plain gets it."

I think, incidentally, this is where Hewitt misses the boat. The fist pumps, chest-thumping, cloying "C'mons" and profanity would be a lot easier for fans and sponsors to swallow if there were some indication that there is a softer side to the kid. (And I firmly believe that there is.) However, since he's still such a cipher and his peeps still take such extreme measures to limit his exposure to the general public, all folks have to go by is what they see on the court.

Chloe le Bopper
08-12-2002, 06:27 PM
I can't help but get the feeling that RespectfulFan is either already someone who posts here, or just someone who never intends to post again.

In both cases I have problems respecting the opinion of someone who either joins a board just to cast judgement :rolleyes:, or has more than one username :rolleyes:

I personally, have not said anything about Andy that I consider out of line, and I have no intention whatsoever of stopping.

If people are too sensitive, that is not MY problem :)

You are all welcome to spawn 8000 threads about how my favourite player gets unwarranted media attention (lmao, yeah..like that is true ;););)), or how you think he look like a rat, or a cold fish or whatever - I admire him, so I could care less what anyone else thinks.

Jorge
08-12-2002, 06:45 PM
please roddick fans, don't become in the williams fans of the atp world.
*at least they can't use the racism as a weapon*:rolleyes:

Chloe le Bopper
08-12-2002, 06:47 PM
No Jorge, but they can use other means.

Anitamerican, jealously - all sorts of stuff :p

But meh, I digress.

I was a fan untill he flipped out in Toronto, since then He's left a sour taste in my mouth.

Jorge
08-12-2002, 06:51 PM

I was a fan untill he flipped out in Toronto, since then He's left a sour taste in my mouth.

You were a fan of andy???
To see to believe :p
luckyly you fixed your life on time;)

Ms. Jessica Mathers
08-12-2002, 06:54 PM
Roddick wears pink Marat dosent.

Chloe le Bopper
08-12-2002, 06:55 PM
I was a closet fan.

I am a registered member of the roddick yahoo group, since it was still a club in february or january of 2001 :p

But I have moved on :angel:

He was never as important as Ferrero though :angel:

TennisHack
08-13-2002, 12:50 AM
LOL, Rebecca, I was also a member of that club. Unfortunately, the girl who runs it & I got into a major fight when she created a private board to bash the members of that main group. So I left.

But I still look over sometimes. Christ has that thing grown.

Lily
08-13-2002, 01:13 AM
I'm not afraid to admit it......I was also a fan of Andy when he first arrived.

wow, what a difference a year makes...

AdriRob
08-13-2002, 01:16 AM
LOL.....lucky me I have never been a fan of Andy!!!

Chloe le Bopper
08-13-2002, 05:13 AM
LOL, Rebecca, I was also a member of that club. Unfortunately, the girl who runs it & I got into a major fight when she created a private board to bash the members of that main group. So I left.

But I still look over sometimes. Christ has that thing grown.

She did that? pfff :rolleyes: How lame can one get :p Are we 12 and no one told me :D

Its more fun to make fun of people to their face anyhow ;) ;) jk :p

But yes it has grown :o I think there were about 100 people when i joined it :o

tennischick
08-13-2002, 02:43 PM
from jon wertheim...(aug. 12)

Think Andy Roddick gets it? Here are his first remarks after losing his quarterfinal match to Fernando Gonzalez last week: "First of all, it was a blast. It was so much fun, you know. It was a definite challenge playing against someone who is hitting the kind of shots that he was hitting. He just played lights-out. I tried to crap -- not crap, scrap and claw my way back. But, you know, he was too good tonight." ...

LOL!!!! how stupid is this guy? what the heck is scrap. Andy sounds more and more like Anna after her losses, doesn't he? well, i had so much fun out there! LOL!

another thing...Becca you're right about the one-hit posters. i agree that it's not OK to log on, make one negative post and disappear. my concern only was whether the Andy-bashing would scare away anyone from joining. but since then a whole lot of people have admitted to being Andy fans so the point is moot. ;) ;)

Murkofan
08-13-2002, 03:17 PM

Give me Lleyton and his "you knows" any day! :p

Goonergal
08-13-2002, 03:28 PM
Again :rolleyes: @ Wertheim......what is this man on :rolleyes:

Chloe le Bopper
08-13-2002, 07:59 PM
Werthiem is on an American based website, where I dont imagine his superiors would love him if he took the piss out of the "future starts" or American tennis :p

tennischick
08-13-2002, 08:05 PM
Werthiem is on an American based website, where I dont imagine his superiors would love him if he took the piss out of the "future starts" or American tennis :p

but he is taking the piss out of RodPrick! what's your point? :confused:

Chloe le Bopper
08-13-2002, 08:08 PM
I thought that he was complimenting Roddick there?

Maybe I missed the point :p

Actually to Jons credit, at least he makes fun of everyone usually :p

TennisHack
08-13-2002, 11:23 PM

She did that? pfff :rolleyes: How lame can one get :p Are we 12 and no one told me :D

Its more fun to make fun of people to their face anyhow ;) ;) jk :p

But yes it has grown :o I think there were about 100 people when i joined it :o

Yes :rolleyes: She has problems, I just leave it at that. Though I did relish it when she didn't get into the Ivy League school of her choice :o

Now there are about two thousand posts a day, about stupid shit. Really stupid shit. I only read it when I'm desperate for something to do.

I joined after RG '01, and left after Wimbly '01 I think :D

Dissident
08-13-2002, 11:55 PM
I understood that as taking the piss too.
I mean, someone publishing that idiot quote from Andy is already considered as taking a HUGE piss at him.
He sure made an ass out of himself. :p

Caio
08-14-2002, 01:48 AM
Roddick's volley is pure crap.

It's worse than mine

Can't forget one he missed in Toronto in his QF. It was sooooo easy!!!!!! :D:D:D

Chloe le Bopper
08-14-2002, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by TennisHack

Yes :rolleyes: She has problems, I just leave it at that. Though I did relish it when she didn't get into the Ivy League school of her choice :o

Now there are about two thousand posts a day, about stupid shit. Really stupid shit. I only read it when I'm desperate for something to do.

I joined after RG '01, and left after Wimbly '01 I think :D

hehe you are so evil :o

Yes last time i checked there was a long thread about how when Andy got a girlfreind we would all have to suck up our pride and be happy for him, rotf.

I joined mid March I see now, and I guess I stopped going there during the summer at some point.

TennisHack
08-14-2002, 04:34 AM
hehe you are so evil :o

Yes last time i checked there was a long thread about how when Andy got a girlfreind we would all have to suck up our pride and be happy for him, rotf.

I joined mid March I see now, and I guess I stopped going there during the summer at some point.

Well if she's going to post such personal stuff for all the world to see, what can you expect me to do? She was soooo sure she would get in, too, hahahaha! :angel:

Yeah, I remember the girlfriend thread, I said that the great thing about tennis fans is that they aren't so concerned and jealous when the players have girlfriends and wives. I think they ignored me, tho. Oh, well.

Chloe le Bopper
08-14-2002, 04:38 AM
Its prt of the reason I dont go to yahoo clubs of other players a lot either -

A lot of them are overran with threads like that -

LIke, my fave player is Ferrero - and it doesn't make a licking difference to me who he is and isn't dating - i dont know him and never will, so why should I care :p

TennisHack
08-14-2002, 04:49 AM
Its prt of the reason I dont go to yahoo clubs of other players a lot either -

A lot of them are overran with threads like that -

LIke, my fave player is Ferrero - and it doesn't make a licking difference to me who he is and isn't dating - i dont know him and never will, so why should I care :p

:o I care . . . but for stupid reasons. It's always easier to have a crush if they are single :o :) Seriously, though, I'm with you in that respect.

And :o I run a Yahoo Group, but so far we don't have enough members to yak about Michel's personal life.

Chloe le Bopper
08-14-2002, 05:32 AM
myabe I till throw you a bone, join the club, and talk to myself a lot :p

And a crush? :o I wasn't aware that people go those :angel:

TennisHack
08-14-2002, 09:04 PM
myabe I till throw you a bone, join the club, and talk to myself a lot :p

Well, that's all I did for the first month or so, but last night I went and, whoa! A conversation! Amazing. I finally managed to recruit some folks who like to talk.

And a crush? :o I wasn't aware that people go those :angel:

:o

Chloe le Bopper
08-15-2002, 02:26 AM
:angel: no star crushes for me :angel:

Dissident
08-15-2002, 02:29 AM
*COUGH*
29, dear, 29.... :o

Chloe le Bopper
08-15-2002, 02:31 AM
29 what Hitman? :angel: