Wouldn't this be a great victory for Tommy? The U.S. Open Aug. 28 - Sept 10, 2006 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Wouldn't this be a great victory for Tommy? The U.S. Open Aug. 28 - Sept 10, 2006

08-13-2006, 07:12 AM
This is the Tournament that I would love to see Tommy win :D He has lived in the U.S. so long and is a very popular player in the U.S. It is a long, long shot I know, but I can always dream :angel:

Alexiana
08-13-2006, 10:11 AM
This is the Tournament that I would love to see Tommy win :D He has lived in the U.S. so long and is a very popular player in the U.S. It is a long, long shot I know, but I can always dream :angel:

I will be in Crete for the time of the US Open, so I won't probably see anything till Sept. 6th :( But if he reaches the final, I'm back :D

08-13-2006, 02:38 PM
I will be in Crete for the time of the US Open, so I won't probably see anything till Sept. 6th :( But if he reaches the final, I'm back :D
Oh what a nice trip :) I wish I were going with you :D BTW do you know what is going on with Tommy Girl? I haven't seen her around too much recently. She may just be waiting until Tommy is back playing. It seems we are always waiting for Tommy to be playing :rolleyes:

Alexiana
08-13-2006, 03:08 PM
Oh what a nice trip :) I wish I were going with you :D BTW do you know what is going on with Tommy Girl? I haven't seen her around too much recently. She may just be waiting until Tommy is back playing. It seems we are always waiting for Tommy to be playing :rolleyes:

I don't know, maybe she has a lot to do :confused: I have to learn for my final exams now, but I still find the time to visit mtf :lol:

08-13-2006, 09:25 PM
I don't know, maybe she has a lot to do :confused: I have to learn for my final exams now, but I still find the time to visit mtf :lol:
As long as you do well on your final exams that is what is most important :D Maybe that is what Tommy Girl is doing also :unsure: I don't know her school schedule. Good luck on your exams :angel:

atheneglaukopis
08-23-2006, 05:19 PM
In the second quarter:

David Nalbandian ARG (4) vs. Michael Berrer GER
Robin Vik CZE vs. Marat Safin RUS
Guillermo Coria ARG vs. Ryan Sweeting USA
Olivier Patience FRA vs. Olivier Rochus BEL (26)

Robby Ginepri USA (18) vs. Julien Benneteau FRA
Paul Goldstein USA vs. QUALIFIER
Wayne Odesnik USA vs. Raemon Sluiter NED
Alex Kuznetsov USA vs. Tommy Haas GER (14)

Fernando Gonzalez CHI (10) vs. QUALIFIER
Jan Hajek CZE vs. Lukas Dlouhy CZE
Alessio Di Mauro ITA vs. Jurgen Melzer AUT
QUALIFIER vs. Andy Murray GBR (17)

Kristof Vliegen BEL (32) vs. QUALIFIER
Potito Starace ITA vs. QUALIFIER
Nicolas Mahut FRA vs. Rainer Schuettler GER
Ramon Delgado PAR vs. Nikolay Davydenko RUS (7)

Another third-round match with Ginepri this year, but he's been more in form this year than Ginepri, even counting injuries. If he can survive that, it's Nalbandian in the fourth round, assuming Nalbandian gets by Safin. :angel:

At least no Federer. :D

Neely
08-23-2006, 06:11 PM
Tommy's sixteenth is really okay, I think you hardly can ask for anything easier. Coria is an unknown variable, so are Nalbandian and Safin a bit. But should Nalbandian be willing to play well in this tournament he would be hard to beat for Tommy. But it's so early to talk about that because Nalbandian is also not a consistent performer, but if he's playing well a very good player.

TommyB.
08-23-2006, 10:18 PM
Not a bad draw! Come on Tommy!! :)

08-26-2006, 06:45 AM
Tommy's sixteenth is really okay, I think you hardly can ask for anything easier. Coria is an unknown variable, so are Nalbandian and Safin a bit. But should Nalbandian be willing to play well in this tournament he would be hard to beat for Tommy. But it's so early to talk about that because Nalbandian is also not a consistent performer, but if he's playing well a very good player.
Well as draws go for Tommy this one isn't too bad :) And Neely I love the U.S. Flag :lol: I had some poster give me a Rep written in German :eek: And I had to confess that I wasn't German :o

<Eve>
08-29-2006, 08:23 AM
As long as you do well on your final exams that is what is most important :D Maybe that is what Tommy Girl is doing also :unsure: I don't know her school schedule. Good luck on your exams :angel:
:wavey: hi! :D
There are a couple of things going on!! First its my holiday, so im travelling between amsterdam and my parents, partying etc, so im not home a lot of times.. and the other thing is, that im having problems with my university.. they made mistakes but the consequences (how do you write this word :eek: !!) are really bad.. i had to go to the uni a lot of times to talk to a lot of people, write a lot of letters to different parts of the university etc.. so i have been busy and the problem is still not solved :crying2:
and the problem is i have to get started again in 1 week, but without the problem being solved, i cant start and i might have to do something else for the next 6 months and then i can start uni again in febuary..

:o long story and i dont think you'll understand anything i write ;) but thats whats going on... :sad:

08-29-2006, 08:48 AM
:wavey: hi! :D
There are a couple of things going on!! First its my holiday, so im travelling between amsterdam and my parents, partying etc, so im not home a lot of times.. and the other thing is, that im having problems with my university.. they made mistakes but the consequences (how do you write this word :eek: !!) are really bad.. i had to go to the uni a lot of times to talk to a lot of people, write a lot of letters to different parts of the university etc.. so i have been busy and the problem is still not solved :crying2:
and the problem is i have to get started again in 1 week, but without the problem being solved, i cant start and i might have to do something else for the next 6 months and then i can start uni again in febuary..

:o long story and i dont think you'll understand anything i write ;) but thats whats going on... :sad:
Tommy Girl you sound so upset. I really hate that things got messed up at your university :sad: I hope everything can be straightened out. But I have known family members that for one reason or another took time out from schooling and they did alright. So I'm sure even if you have to wait until Feb. that everything will turn out fine for you :D You are too nice for things not to work out :angel:

TommyB.
08-29-2006, 09:21 AM
I'm sorry about yours trouble Tommy Girl! :awww:

And we have no Tommy today...NY is my favorite Grand-Slam but I hate this first round conclusion until Wednesday. :rolleyes:

<Eve>
08-29-2006, 01:44 PM
Tommy Girl you sound so upset. I really hate that things got messed up at your university :sad: I hope everything can be straightened out. But I have known family members that for one reason or another took time out from schooling and they did alright. So I'm sure even if you have to wait until Feb. that everything will turn out fine for you :D You are too nice for things not to work out :angel:
I'm sorry about yours trouble Tommy Girl! :awww:

:hug: :hug: thanks a lot mae and tommyb!
today im only waiting and waiting and waiting for a call of my university.. they promised to call me today. but its almost 4pm and still no call! :eek: :awww:

when i have better news i'll let you know :p

oh and i really hate that tommy doesnt have to play today! :mad: us open is also my fav grand slam!! (well.. together with the australian open :lol:)

08-29-2006, 02:24 PM
It does seem like we are always waiting for Tommy to be playing :lol: Look at it this way it gives him more time to get ready to play. I hope he will be ready to play, but with our "Drama Queen" you never know :unsure: The U.S. Open is also my favorite Slam Tournament because I think they do a good job with it, but also because it is the one Tournament I get the most TV coverage on.

<Eve>
08-29-2006, 09:00 PM
It does seem like we are always waiting for Tommy to be playing :lol: Look at it this way it gives him more time to get ready to play. I hope he will be ready to play, but with our "Drama Queen" you never know :unsure: The U.S. Open is also my favorite Slam Tournament because I think they do a good job with it, but also because it is the one Tournament I get the most TV coverage on.oh :awww: poor mae, you always have bad luck with coverage..! i hope you will have a very nice us open!! :yeah:

08-30-2006, 04:36 AM
oh :awww: poor mae, you always have bad luck with coverage..! i hope you will have a very nice us open!! :yeah:
So I have TV coverage and what does it do it New York--
:rain: :mad: :sad:

TommyB.
08-30-2006, 09:08 AM
Stupid rain...i hope we have more luck today and especially Tommy!! :)

Court 10 11:00 AM

1.Men's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Thomas Johansson (SWE) vs. Sebastien Grosjean (FRA)[30]

Not Before 1:00 PM
2.Women's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Na Li (CHN)[24] vs. Maria Sanchez Lorenzo (ESP) Rain Delay

followed by

3.Men's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Alex Kuznetsov (USA) vs. Tommy Haas (GER)[14]

4.Women's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Daniela Hantuchova (SVK)[17] vs. Bethanie Mattek (USA)

5.Men's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Sam Querrey (USA) vs. Philipp Kohlschreiber (GER)

Auf geht's! :yippee:

<Eve>
08-30-2006, 10:33 AM
i hope i can see the first round match!! still havent figured out what time he has to play here, what do you think tommyb? somewhere around 10/11pm!?
and NY, stop :rain: raining!!!!

TommyB.
08-30-2006, 02:37 PM
i hope i can see the first round match!! still havent figured out what time he has to play here, what do you think tommyb? somewhere around 10/11pm!?
and NY, stop :rain: raining!!!!

I hope i can see his first round match too! ;) It seems that there are cameras on court 10+11. Hmm Johansson vs Grosjean starts at 5:00 pm...without rain we have Tommy' match around 9 or 10 pm.

<Eve>
08-30-2006, 05:41 PM
I hope i can see his first round match too! ;) It seems that there are cameras on court 10+11. Hmm Johansson vs Grosjean starts at 5:00 pm...without rain we have Tommy' match around 9 or 10 pm. grosjean can be finished soon! he's on eurosport now and 2-0 in sets for grosjean, 4*-5 ..! i hope he will finish it soon and then we can finally watch haas IF they show him :D :yeah:

08-30-2006, 07:25 PM
I'm surprised with the mess in the schedule yesterday that Tommy is going to get to play today!

mays
08-30-2006, 10:31 PM
game, set and match tommy 6-2, 6-4, 6-0!!!
god damn t.v. i didnt get the coverage of this match!!

atheneglaukopis
08-30-2006, 10:33 PM
Well done! 14/17 = 82% net approaches, very nice. :yeah:

08-30-2006, 11:36 PM
I got to see Tommy :drool: And it was so nice after the Match he signed a bunch of autographs :) And even after he picked up his bag of rackets and started to walk off court he stopped again to sign yet more autographs :D But the best part of all there was this young girl that was behind Tommy as he was signing autographs. She must have been lifted up by someone, or sitting on their shoulders, etc. because she was too small to get above the crowd around Tommy. She had a camera and was pointing it directly at Tommy. Well Tommy turned around and gave that young girl the cutest smile :drool: I hope she got that picture because it was to die for! And then he turned back around and signed still more autographs :D Tommy was certainly an :angel: today. And as I have said he is very popular in the U.S. He was even playing an American today but the crowd was with Tommy :hearts:

Neely
08-31-2006, 02:16 AM
I did not watch the recording yet, but I will check it out a bit later.
The scoreline looked quite comfortable :)
So it was rather more like a stroll, I think.
Kuznetsov did not have a break point at all :eek:

Convincing!!

08-31-2006, 04:06 AM
I did not watch the recording yet, but I will check it out a bit later.
The scoreline looked quite comfortable :)
So it was rather more like a stroll, I think.
Kuznetsov did not have a break point at all :eek:

Convincing!!
It looked very easy :D I think the most difficult part for Tommy was trying to sign so many autographs :eek: I'm sure he must be thankful for a short name :p

TommyB.
08-31-2006, 08:30 AM
Well it was very easy yesterday. Tommy played a really good first round match! :yeah:

Tomorrow against Raemon Sluiter...he should beat him too! Come on Tommy! :)

08-31-2006, 05:46 PM
Auf geht's Tommy :D

<Eve>
08-31-2006, 06:40 PM
im so happy with his win!!!
but it feels a bit strange he has to play sluiter now!! :o
still i hope tommy will win!!!!

09-01-2006, 02:08 AM
im so happy with his win!!!
but it feels a bit strange he has to play sluiter now!! :o
still i hope tommy will win!!!!
I'm sorry I don't understand :confused: Why does it feel a bit strange that Tommy has to play Sluiter now?

<Eve>
09-01-2006, 04:09 AM
I'm sorry I don't understand :confused: Why does it feel a bit strange that Tommy has to play Sluiter now? because he's my fav dutch player :o :angel:
i can't follow the match as im leaving to london now...

so, for this weekend.. GOOD LUCK TOMMY!!!

auf geht's tommyyyyyy :yeah:

09-01-2006, 07:53 AM
because he's my fav dutch player :o :angel:
i can't follow the match as im leaving to london now...

so, for this weekend.. GOOD LUCK TOMMY!!!

auf geht's tommyyyyyy :yeah:
Enjoy your trip :D And it sounds like you would rather have Tommy win than your fav Dutch player :aplot:

TommyB.
09-01-2006, 08:54 AM
Court 11 11:00 AM
1. Women's Singles - 3rd Rnd.
Jelena Jankovic (SCG)[19] vs. Nicole Vaidisova (CZE)[9]
followed by
2. Men's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Raemon Sluiter (NED) vs. Tommy Haas (GER)[14]
3. Men's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Vincent Spadea (USA) vs. Jonas Bjorkman (SWE)[29]

Court 11...it seems we can watch him again. :cool:

Auf geht's Tommy! :D

09-01-2006, 06:44 PM
He won :yippee: Another easy win in straight sets. Sorry now I can't even remember the score. I didn't write it down then I got busy watching Tommy sign yet another bunch of autographs and I forgot the score :retard: :silly: They do love Tommy in New York :hearts: BTW what are the point totals for Slams? I would think they would be more than a regular Tournament, but I don't know for sure :unsure:

Note: I check the score. It was 6-4, 6-2, and 6-3. I believe the Match took an hour and 29 minutes. They listed the stats on the interactive channel I was watching and I believe that was the time they gave on the Match. I did notice one important thing for Tommy. He served better today than he did in his last Match.

TommyB.
09-01-2006, 07:50 PM
Yeah Tommy won! :yeah: I think he played not his best tennis but it was enough to beat R. Sluiter in straight sets. Okay we have a little revenge now...Tommy vs Ginepri! :boxing: ;)

Mae you meant ranking points? Look here: http://www.atptennis.com/en/tournaments/profile/560.asp

09-03-2006, 05:55 AM
Yeah Tommy won! :yeah: I think he played not his best tennis but it was enough to beat R. Sluiter in straight sets. Okay we have a little revenge now...Tommy vs Ginepri! :boxing: ;)

Mae you meant ranking points? Look here: http://www.atptennis.com/en/tournaments/profile/560.asp
Yes TommyB that is exactly what I wanted to know. Duh and why I didn't think to look for it there I don't know :shrug: :retard: :silly: So Tommy has 40 points for winning the first 2 Rounds. I wish he weren't playing Robby :sad: Robby has had a really bad year :eek: But if the rain doesn't stop no one will be playing :rain: :ras:

CarstenL01
09-04-2006, 11:32 AM
Tommy play's first Match on Armstrong today... I really hoped for the night session :o but okay, tommy will win it either way :devil:

Go tommy :D

TommyB.
09-04-2006, 12:01 PM
I don't know why...but my feeling is bad for today. Maybe a good sign! ;)

Auf geht's Tommy!! :D

CarstenL01
09-04-2006, 01:21 PM
btw, there's an interview on the US Open page with Taylor Dent interviewing Tommy :) It's pretty funny, Taylor says Tommy beat him in Ping Pong :lol: Tommy seems to beat everyone in Ping Pong, so he played against Boris Becker in 2004 in his TV-Show (which doesn't exist anymore because noone wanted to see this Becker-rubbish ;) ) and beat him, with a double handed backhand what looks really funny :D

atheneglaukopis
09-04-2006, 05:24 PM
What is Tommy doing? He was up two sets to love and now he's about to lose the fourth set. :smash:

<Eve>
09-04-2006, 06:44 PM
YEAAAH!!!! :woohoo: he WON!!! :D :D :D

:drink: cheers guys!! it was a difficult match, but im so glad he won!!
:yeah: :yeah:

atheneglaukopis
09-04-2006, 06:56 PM
At last! Now I have my fingers crossed for a Safin/Haas match, but Marat's head has imploded again from two sets to love up (what is it with my faves?), so we'll see.

Neely
09-04-2006, 07:56 PM
exciting match at the end :scared: ...I'm glad this time Tommy had the better end over Robby! It was really close and he could have easily lost it.

Please play a good match against Marat now! :D

TommyB.
09-04-2006, 08:02 PM
Well done Tommy!! :woohoo:

CarstenL01
09-04-2006, 08:21 PM
Tommy, one day you will have killed me with these kind of matches :scared: :silly:

but nice to see that you won it this time :p :lol:

Well done ;)

<Eve>
09-04-2006, 09:42 PM
haas - safin.. my 2 fav's!! :scared: too bad they're meeting already

after safin: murray/davydenko right!? :unsure: and then fed, then nadal?
:o come onnn haas!!!

TommyB.
09-04-2006, 10:14 PM
Another tough match for Tommy now! I have a bad feeling again. :p

Auf geht's Tommy! :D

Jogy
09-05-2006, 01:02 AM
VERY GREAT TOMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:banana:

that was so close to lose it, very glad he wins the match

finally that he does win in 5-set matches again
he had very great record, but messed it a bit last time

last year he was out against Ginepri, a good revenge!

09-05-2006, 01:57 AM
Phew!!!!!! Was that a close Match :eek: And now after having to play a 5 Set Match Tommy has to play Marat who only played a 3 Set Match :scared: And would someone please tell Tommy to get rid of the backward cap. On some players it doesn't look all that bad, but I think the backward cap takes something away from Tommy's good looks. And we don't want that, do we :aplot:

atheneglaukopis
09-05-2006, 06:46 AM
And would someone please tell Tommy to get rid of the backward cap. On some players it doesn't look all that bad, but I think the backward cap takes something away from Tommy's good looks. And we don't want that, do we :aplot:I agree with you completely.

CarstenL01
09-05-2006, 10:39 AM
And would someone please tell Tommy to get rid of the backward cap. On some players it doesn't look all that bad, but I think the backward cap takes something away from Tommy's good looks. And we don't want that, do we :aplot:

I like Tommy with the cap... normally... but not with THAT cap with this red thing on it :lol:

I really hope that Tommy will play better against Marat than he did in the last sets against Ginepri... ;)

<Eve>
09-05-2006, 10:55 AM
Phew!!!!!! Was that a close Match :eek: And now after having to play a 5 Set Match Tommy has to play Marat who only played a 3 Set Match :scared: And would someone please tell Tommy to get rid of the backward cap. On some players it doesn't look all that bad, but I think the backward cap takes something away from Tommy's good looks. And we don't want that, do we :aplot: :eek: i loooove the cap!!! :lol: when i woke up this morning my tv was still on and you know what what on? the replay of tommy's match! :D :D great way to wake up :yeah:

I don't know what to think about the safin match, he's really unpredictable.. when he gets frustrated, tommy has a very good chance of winning i think!! :angel:

CarstenL01
09-05-2006, 01:02 PM
I don't know what to think about the safin match, he's really unpredictable.. when he gets frustrated, tommy has a very good chance of winning i think!! :angel:

I'm alrady happy if Tommy isn't frustrated himself :lol:

<Eve>
09-05-2006, 05:27 PM
I'm alrady happy if Tommy isn't frustrated himself :lol: hehe :lol: he won't be trust me :angel:

CarstenL01
09-05-2006, 08:08 PM
hehe :lol: he won't be trust me :angel:

i trust you but i don't know if i can trust tommy :scared: :unsure: :lol:

09-05-2006, 08:45 PM
Well now I'm saying Thank Heaven for rain :rain: Tommy held his serve in the 1st game at Love. Marat won the 2nd game on his serve, but then he broke Tommy in the 3rd game of the Match :eek: And that is when the rain started and the rain has been coming down ever since. This, of course, gives Tommy more time to rest; but it gives Marat more time to rest also :scared:

TommyB.
09-05-2006, 09:17 PM
Marat looked really good at the beginning. I was pleased about the rain delay. I think new chance and new game tomorrow. :unsure:

Jogy
09-05-2006, 10:31 PM
it is so exciting to wait until rain is over
maybe tomorrow?

I hope Tommy has new try then and is beating Safin! :)

CarstenL01
09-05-2006, 11:04 PM
it is so exciting to wait until rain is over
maybe tomorrow?

I hope Tommy has new try then and is beating Safin! :)

In aussie open 2002, the rain was coming and helped Safin, this thime the rain was coming and will help Tommy :devil:

Go Tommy tomorrow :D :)

09-06-2006, 04:14 AM
In aussie open 2002, the rain was coming and helped Safin, this thime the rain was coming and will help Tommy :devil:

Go Tommy tomorrow :D :)
Oh I hope you are right, but I'm afraid :scared: Which Marat will show up later on today :eek:

<Eve>
09-06-2006, 09:26 AM
damn i saw on the tv it was delayed at 2-1, but i was hoping marat started serving and didnt break tommy's serve :sad:

i really hope he will do better today! :unsure:

<Eve>
09-06-2006, 04:30 PM
uh oh... it's 1-1 in sets and now 0-3 in the 3rd for safin! :scared:
tommy looks really desperate, pale and scared :unsure:

<Eve>
09-06-2006, 04:39 PM
oh god and he is SO frustrated :o

09-06-2006, 04:53 PM
Well I can't see it on TV because they are showing the women playing.
But I checked the U.S. Open site for scores and Tommy did win a game in the 3rd Set as I was checking. I didn't have a good feeling about him having to play Marat :scared: When Marat is on he can beat anybody--even Federer! Of course, Marat can mentally just go away during a Match, but maybe it is Tommy who has gone away? Tommy needs to keep it together himself, pressure Marat and hope Marat is the one that mentally goes away!! I'm going back to the TV because they never stay on one match the whole time, but move around from Match to Match. I hope I see Tommy and that he looks better than you described him Tommy Girl.

<Eve>
09-06-2006, 05:09 PM
Well I can't see it on TV because they are showing the women playing.
But I checked the U.S. Open site for scores and Tommy did win a game in the 3rd Set as I was checking. I didn't have a good feeling about him having to play Marat :scared: When Marat is on he can beat anybody--even Federer! Of course, Marat can mentally just go away during a Match, but maybe it is Tommy who has gone away? Tommy needs to keep it together himself, pressure Marat and hope Marat is the one that mentally goes away!! I'm going back to the TV because they never stay on one match the whole time, but move around from Match to Match. I hope I see Tommy and that he looks better than you described him Tommy Girl.after the 3rd set he ran directly to the toilet, came back better and broke marat.. then marat broke back.. i think tommy makes a lot of stupid mistakes.. and he is screaming all the time..
but at this moment, tommy BREAKS! and does look better already! :D :yeah:

<Eve>
09-06-2006, 05:19 PM
well.. they keep on breaking each others services, now it's 3*-2 for tommy, but they didnt keep 1 of their own services!! :eek:

<Eve>
09-06-2006, 05:28 PM
woohoo :woohoo: 6-2 in the 4th set,

come on now haas, safin is having a mental breakdown! :yeah:

CarstenL01
09-06-2006, 06:27 PM
YESSSS!!!! :D Tommy def. Safin 4:6 6:3 2:6 6:2 7:6(5) :bowdown: :drive: :music: :aparty: :woohoo:

but he almost killed me again :D I got crazy when he started shouting again... :D :p

09-06-2006, 06:28 PM
It was a great 5th Set-dead even so it was tie break time. I was going crazy actually praying for Tommy to win the tie break. And he did :D :woohoo: :dance: :banana: :yippee:

<Eve>
09-06-2006, 07:09 PM
OH YES!! It was amazing!! it was like watching a thriller movie!!
and when tommy won my parents called me because they saw it on telly and i started screaming 'WOOHOO YEEAAAAH' :lol:
:banana: :dance: :bigclap: :yippee: :D :yeah::woohoo:

<Eve>
09-06-2006, 07:12 PM
and my post #2000, is OF COURSE in here!!!

Tommy... :hearts: you are the best!!!!!!!
Auf geht's tommy!!!

09-06-2006, 07:48 PM
It's going to be hard on Tommy to have to play again after two straight 5 Set Matches :sad: But I would think with the points he has already picked up his ranking will go up now. I just don't know how high?

<Eve>
09-06-2006, 07:53 PM
It's going to be hard on Tommy to have to play again after two straight 5 Set Matches :sad: But I would think with the points he has already picked up his ranking will go up now. I just don't know how high?
the dutch commentator on the tv said that tommy might get in the top 10 if he would get far in the tournament!! :yeah:
I know last year he was out of the open in the 3rd round.. so he earned a lot of points already!!
but i also dont know how high he can get!! :angel:

CarstenL01
09-06-2006, 08:19 PM

yeah but i think davydenko won a tournament bofore the open so he could be a little tired too...

Jogy
09-06-2006, 08:28 PM
VERY WELL TOMMY!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D
:clap2: :bigclap:

I'm glad he won the match, that was great! :yeah:

go on Tommy and kill this stupid Davydenko! :cool:
do you?! :confused:

yeah but i think davydenko won a tournament bofore the open so he could be a little tired too...
Davydenko plays so many each year, I not think he is tired enough to be a big factor

<Eve>
09-06-2006, 08:44 PM
VERY WELL TOMMY!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D
:clap2: :bigclap:

I'm glad he won the match, that was great! :yeah:

go on Tommy and kill this stupid Davydenko! :cool:
do you?! :confused:

Davydenko plays so many each year, I not think he is tired enough to be a big factor
i think he will!!!
well... i just checked the head 2 head scores...

haas - davydenko = 0 - 1
Roland Garros
France
Clay
R32
Davydenko
7-5 6-0 6-0

but, it was on clay so actually we can't compare it...
and he defeated ginepri, after losing to this guy same round US Open last year...

so come on tommy i know you can beat the boring davydenko!! come on!!!

TommyB.
09-06-2006, 08:47 PM
Well done Tommy! :woohoo:

QF!! :bigclap:

09-07-2006, 05:13 AM
i think he will!!!
well... i just checked the head 2 head scores...

haas - davydenko = 0 - 1
Roland Garros
France
Clay
R32
Davydenko
7-5 6-0 6-0

but, it was on clay so actually we can't compare it...
and he defeated ginepri, after losing to this guy same round US Open last year...

so come on tommy i know you can beat the boring davydenko!! come on!!!
But Tommy has played 5 Set Matches back to back! And now he has to play again later today :eek: It was that stupid rain that messed up the schedule or this wouldn't have happened :ras: Under normal Tournament conditions I think he would be able to defeat Davydenko, but the conditions are far from normal due to all the rain :ras: :ras:
But since I can't change the fact that he has to play later today I will say Auf geht's Tommy :D

<Eve>
09-07-2006, 06:40 AM
But Tommy has played 5 Set Matches back to back! And now he has to play again later today :eek: It was that stupid rain that messed up the schedule or this wouldn't have happened :ras: Under normal Tournament conditions I think he would be able to defeat Davydenko, but the conditions are far from normal due to all the rain :ras: :ras:
But since I can't change the fact that he has to play later today I will say Auf geht's Tommy :D well.. he has to play the 3rd match today.. im just glad they didnt put him at 11.00 am! there will be more than 24 hours between the end with safin, and the start today with davydenko so he will have a good rest! :)

TommyB.
09-07-2006, 08:19 AM
Well Tommy plays not before 20:00 cet (without rain).

Davydenko, one of the most underrated players. Maybe another thriller today. And my feeling isn't good again! :cool:

Auf geht's Tommy! :)

Agassi Fan
09-07-2006, 09:01 AM
YESSSS!!!! :D Tommy def. Safin 4:6 6:3 2:6 6:2 7:6(5) :bowdown: :drive: :music: :aparty: :woohoo:

but he almost killed me again :D I got crazy when he started shouting again... :D :p

Yes, he did it! Well done Tommy! :)

Alexiana
09-07-2006, 09:35 AM
I hope they show his match on TV, I'd love to finally watch a match after my holiday :D

TommyB.
09-07-2006, 09:53 AM
Eurosport shows football at 8:00 pm. :eek:

Edit: Eurosport changed the program, Tommy vs Davydenko at 8 pm!! :)

Btw - Welcome back Alexia! :wavey:

Alexiana
09-07-2006, 10:36 AM
Eurosport shows football at 8:00 pm. :eek:

Edit: Eurosport changed the program, Tommy vs Davydenko at 8 pm!! :)

Btw - Welcome back Alexia! :wavey:

O yeah :cool: Now I have to cancel the meeting with my parents :lol:

09-07-2006, 03:35 PM
Well Tommy plays not before 20:00 cet (without rain).

Davydenko, one of the most underrated players. Maybe another thriller today. And my feeling isn't good again! :cool:

Auf geht's Tommy! :)
You know TommyB so far both of us haven't felt good about Tommy's Matches and he has done well so far :D But I really don't feel good about today's Match :eek:

<Eve>
09-07-2006, 07:32 PM
wow :D he won the first set!! :woohoo: he's playing great!

atheneglaukopis
09-07-2006, 07:32 PM
Tommy takes the first set, 6-4. :yeah:

atheneglaukopis
09-07-2006, 08:22 PM
Tommy takes the second set, 7-6(3). Close it out, Hasi!

One more set and you're in the top ten!

yumo
09-07-2006, 10:46 PM
tommy was lost 6:4 7:6 3:6 4:6 4:6 :mad:

09-07-2006, 11:05 PM
D*mn that :rain: I doubt that anyone could win Three 5 Set Matches right in a row. Tommy tried his hardest to win, but he would have had to have been Superman to have pulled another 5 Set Match out :bigcry: I'm sure he would have won that Match had he not had to play so much tennis right in a row. Sh*t Tommy has the worse luck of any player on the Tour :eek:

atheneglaukopis
09-07-2006, 11:14 PM
Poor Tommy. Stupid rain. Stupid draw, why couldn't he have beaten Davydenko and lost to Marat? :lol:

09-08-2006, 02:44 AM
Poor Tommy. Stupid rain. Stupid draw, why couldn't he have beaten Davydenko and lost to Marat? :lol:
I'm in DENIAL. No correct that-- I wish I could be in DENIAL :( It was totally unfair that one section of the men's draw got totally messed up because of the rain :ras: I have lost all interest in the U.S. Open. Federer is going to win it anyway so who cares :rolleyes:

TommyB.
09-08-2006, 08:18 AM
Tommy :sad:

2 1/2 perfect sets but than he lost his power and concentration a little bit. But he fought hard for the semifinal. Three times in a row he had to play 5 setter...too much at the end! :(

Come on Tommy!! :)

Neely
09-08-2006, 10:42 AM
well, what is there to say?

great tournament but one hell of a chance missed to make the semifinal at least :shrug:

the_natural
09-08-2006, 12:21 PM
I'm in DENIAL. No correct that-- I wish I could be in DENIAL :( It was totally unfair that one section of the men's draw got totally messed up because of the rain :ras: I have lost all interest in the U.S. Open. Federer is going to win it anyway so who cares :rolleyes:

I'll be honest, i was happy he lost to Nikolay. Not just because I like Nikolay a little, but because I didnt wanna see tommy have to play a semi against federer after sooo many bloody tough matches, he woulda been well below his best and Federer woulda been a spring chicken and would have beaten him easily, and there woulda been a big fuss about that :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: and then it will start "the australian open was obviously just luck blah blah blah" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I wouldnt have been able to handle it, I think he lost with more dignity this way cos I wouldnt like to see him lose in 3 sets when he woulda been obviously too physically and mentally drained to take on Federer in full flight.

Alexiana
09-08-2006, 05:32 PM
I'm not totally disapointed, because I saw, that he fought reeally hard to come back and to reach the semis, but Davydenko is just a hardcore player, who doesn't seem to be interested in what the score is at the moment :rolleyes:

Good fight Tommy, you're on your way to the Masters :)

TommyB.
09-08-2006, 06:46 PM
Good fight Tommy, you're on your way to the Masters :)

Hmm he is #10 (Champions Race) now after my calculation :scratch: ...with 318 points. #8 Blake has 345 points. Tommy needs good results in Oct.

If we have a Masters like last year he's already in! :lol:

atheneglaukopis
09-08-2006, 09:48 PM
Hmm he is #10 (Champions Race) now after my calculation :scratch: ...with 318 points. #8 Blake has 345 points. Tommy needs good results in Oct.

If we have a Masters like last year he's already in! :lol::lol: True, although Tommy's body is prone to injury as well, and I hope he's not one of those who qualifies and has to withdraw.

09-10-2006, 04:05 AM
:lol: True, although Tommy's body is prone to injury as well, and I hope he's not one of those who qualifies and has to withdraw.
I can't get excited about the Masters because a lot of the players aren't even interested. There were players last year that said they were hurt and couldn't go, but I had my doubts about some of them. One player especially, but I won't name any names because I would be in trouble here in MTF if I did that.

Alexiana
09-10-2006, 08:37 AM
I can't get excited about the Masters because a lot of the players aren't even interested. There were players last year that said they were hurt and couldn't go, but I had my doubts about some of them. One player especially, but I won't name any names because I would be in trouble here in MTF if I did that.

I'm really excited about the masters :) Tommy always missed it by a few points.

atheneglaukopis
09-10-2006, 05:29 PM
I can't get excited about the Masters because a lot of the players aren't even interested. There were players last year that said they were hurt and couldn't go, but I had my doubts about some of them. One player especially, but I won't name any names because I would be in trouble here in MTF if I did that.Does it look like a duck and quack like a duck? ;)

09-11-2006, 05:42 AM
Does it look like a duck and quack like a duck? ;)
OMG you have given me away :haha: :haha: :haha: Of course that must mean I was not the only one that thought that :aplot:

atheneglaukopis
09-11-2006, 06:42 AM
OMG you have given me away :haha: :haha: :haha: Of course that must mean I was not the only one that thought that :aplot::haha: No, you weren't, lol, and even if no one else had questioned the severity of his injury last year, there's process of elimination:

Safin: Obviously injured most of the year. Had to miss US Open 05 and AO 06 as well. :sad: Showed up for media duties.
Agassi: Poor man hasn't been fully fit since who knows when. :sad: Showed up and played a match. Had to miss AO 06.
Nadal: His first year to qualify and he did show up intending to see if he could play. The kind of guy who plays through injuries (although he's getting better about that) and who wants to play every tournament, every week. Was in tears at the time and had to miss AO 06. :sad:
Hewitt: Didn't allege an injury, although he pointed out that he had a couple--groin, toe--if necessary, but he got excused on the basis of first-born child. :baby:

So who does that leave? Quack quack. :lol: Now, I'm not saying I agree, but the logical choice would have been obvious. ;) He has the weakest case of those who claimed injuries, and the other three all flew out there.

09-11-2006, 12:19 PM
Well then apparently I wasn't alone in questioning the serverity of his injury anyway :aplot:

<Eve>
09-11-2006, 07:18 PM
:haha: guys you are so funny!

09-12-2006, 03:17 AM
:haha: guys you are so funny!
We try to be entertaining while waiting for Tommy to play again :) But actually I have to admit those posts turned out funnier than I expected :haha: :lol: