Who are you all ??? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who are you all ???

alix
02-02-2004, 05:59 PM
I just wanted to know who are you all ; all Seb's fans I know, but I think it woulb be very intersting to know better each others...

So Ipresent myself...: My nama is Alexandra and I live near Paris. I'm nearly 17 so I don't know what are the school levels in your countries, but in France I'm in "première". I'm Seb's since 2000 one year before he went to the semi-finals in RG.
I also listen to various musics like Linkin Park, The Red Hot Chili Pepper, Muse, Phil Collins and others. For the french people, I love Kyo too, a french band.:music:

Continue this thread writting who you are and telling us why you love Seb.:yippee:

Just a little question... For 1 hour, I've been looking for Seb's photo of his forfeid day against Agassi. You knw the ones where he's crying on the court. I know I saw them here but I don't r'emember where. Please help me I tell me where they are... Tnak you

Alix

cpuisette
02-02-2004, 06:38 PM
Hello

I don't what to answer, if i could i'll say the 4 answer

I present myself My name is Chloé, i live in levallois next to paris, i'm 16 and like alix i'm in "premiere". I listen musik like Air, Radiohead, Coldplay, the Rasmus ... mainly rock.
I start interresing me to the tennis because of my twins brother and i became a fan when i discover this forum (6 months) so thanks to all the fans who post here. :)

The photo you saw is maybe the one in the thread 2004Ausopen page 9 or 10

Chloé

Marine
02-02-2004, 07:16 PM
How to answer to this question ? It's an alchimy of things ! C'est un tout ! In general, it's hard to explain why we love someone...

For the profile, I live next to Paris too (heheh ! 3 parisians on the board, it's rare ! lol), I'm 23. Music...mainly rock too, and french variety.
Sport: tennis, soccer, athletics, skiing, sport in general...

Lindsayfan
02-02-2004, 08:29 PM
the parisians conquered this board! :p

I'm a 24 year-old italian girl moving soon to Geneva,Switzerland.My main passions are tennis,cycling,politics,soccer,swiss ice-hockey and of course music (pop,R&B,some rock bands too).

Peta Pan
02-03-2004, 01:05 PM
Hi :)

My name is Peta. I live in Melbourne, Australia and I am 25 years old (actually, I am 2 days younger than Sebastien!)

My interests are tenpin bowling and watching sport (tennis, Aussie Rules football, English soccer, rugby league + more)

My music preferences are mainly for 60s and 80s pop (Beatles, Duran Duran, Human League etc) but I like current pop music too (big Mandy Moore fan).

I started following Sebastien during the 2001 Australian Open - the heartbreaking loss to Arnaud in the semi-final. I remember being so sad for him after that match, wondering how he would be affected by losing from such a winning position - even if it was against such a good friend.

:)Peta

xuzizhen
02-04-2004, 05:50 AM
Haha i'll introduce myself again!

ID:xuzizhen
Medical uni. student
Hobby:
1) soccer:bundesliga,french team
2)tennis: sebastien grosjean(since2000)
3)rock: brit.pop like blur,radiohead,coldplay,travis...
american band like staind,creed,RHCP,LP...
kyo!( Le chemain)

webmaster of
http://sebonline.02835.com

Marine
02-04-2004, 07:26 AM
You follow bundesliga ??
(And you know Kyo ??)

jcman
02-04-2004, 08:26 AM
My name is Man
I am 16 and live in hk...
i like safin, jc, SEB, arsenal, popov, phelps, richard hamilton

xuzizhen
02-04-2004, 09:14 AM
You follow bundesliga ??
(And you know Kyo ??)

Yeah Marine.
I watch every match of FCBayern if i can.and i love kyo's single JE COURS the best :))

daranne
02-04-2004, 08:24 PM
Hello everybody!!!! :wavey:

my name is Anne,I'm 19,and I am in university,I live in France:in Annecy(south east).
I like music:particularly KYO!!!!!!(I saw them in'Aix les bains'),and French variety!
I like sport:(tennis,swimming,skiing.....),traveling(my dream:to go to Australia!!!and to Florida of course!!!!),going to cinema.....

Anne

http://membres.lycos.fr/allezseb

wilma
02-04-2004, 09:28 PM
I like your site very much Anne!

Sharon
02-04-2004, 10:59 PM
Thats a nice site...
:wavey: Hi im sharon. i rarely post in sebs forum... i usually hang around the ferrero one but im 15 and i live in the us and sebs one of my faves :)

xuzizhen
02-05-2004, 01:45 AM
Hi anne ! I went to your website 1 year ago and i like it very much. Happy to meet you here :)

KellyluvsGrosjean
02-05-2004, 03:39 AM
Hey I am Kelly CHan from Hong Kong
Right now 18 years old girl from high school. Hopefully I will study fashion or Journalism or European Studies (French Stream) in university.
I have never seen Seb play in flesh and the only match that I had seen was the Watson's Water Champion Challenge in HK, Jan 04. I saw JC, V. William... loads of cool people.
I have a Seb site in English: http://sebastienmania.tripod.com
I made the site becoz I like Seb very much since he came to HK, 2001!
I hope to have a chance to see him play in Roland Garros!!!

ubrunjensen
02-05-2004, 07:59 AM
:D Ok, good idea to get to know one another a little more!
You can just ignore my long member name and call me Ulla. I'm from Denmark, and I'm a teacher - just got my first job as a head teacher! I studied History and English at university, and I share an apartment with my boyfriend. I'm a lot older than the rest of you - let's just say I'm old enough to be Grosjean's wife! He seems to like older women...
I love Grosjean and Real Madrid, my favourite country is Spain (coz I lived in Madrid for a couple of years), and I love to go to the cinema, to read loads of books (I review books for an internet site in Denmark), and to listen to classical music, like Mozart and Italian opera. I also like rock/pop, mostly U2, David Bowie, Rolling Stones, all the oldies. Right now I'm into Evanescence and The Cardigans and I rather like Limp Bizkit "Behind Blue Eyes"!
And Anne, just visited your site, pretty neat - loved the pix!
Kelly, your site is the one that really got me into the "let's talk about Grosjean" thing! It's a shame you got all these papers to hand ind just now, but I wish you good luck - and I'm looking forward to your return to the sebastienmania!

zyim333
02-05-2004, 11:21 AM
hey,its heated here.then its my turn now.
i'm 18 from shanghai.overlook that 'zyim333' and just call me stella.i often find it difficult to introduce myself.........but fond of tennis ,soccer(zidane... :) ) , basketball ( YAOMING,nash),and crasy for U2,nickelback.
i'd love to propose a toast for seb and all the fans here.
BOTTOMS UP! :)

wilma
02-05-2004, 12:03 PM
OK I’m Wilma, am from the Netherlands, am 25, nearly 26
Occupation: translator (with tiny administrative job on the side)
Entourage: 1 daughter, 3 cats and 1 boyfriend (not living together however)
Appearance: green eyes, tilted nose, pale skin with lots of freckles. Hair is short and spiky, but unfortunately dark, not naturally red (packet of dye is waiting in the bathroom however). Currently wearing: black jeans, black turtleneck sweater, Doc Martens with flowers.
Music: no particular favourite, I like lots of music. Last album I bought was by Dido (which was a bit of a disappointment). Currently I’m only listening to Monteverdi however. My sister copied 6 of her cd’s for me. Someone once told me that it’s very important to listen to music – or sounds in general – while you’re working at the computer, in order to stimulate more than just your visionary senses (in fact, he wrote an article about this in some scientific magazine). Rock or pop music is too distracting while I’m working obviously, but Monteverdi is excellent. Other types of music that I use for this purpose are Gregorian chants and Chinese lullabies.
Hobbies: have extremely little spare time being single working mum, but I like reading, watching films, and playing games
Am no sporty person at all, only do tai chi
Dislikes: cooking

zyim333
02-05-2004, 12:09 PM
tai chi?wow.....wilma u r curious in chinese culture?hehe,i learned that from my grandpa but he refused to teach me any more .........i'm not a good student .obviously.maybe i should introduce u to him.hehe..........

xuzizhen
02-05-2004, 12:26 PM
Monteverdi!!!!
he's great!

wilma
02-05-2004, 12:53 PM
maybe i should introduce u to him.hehe..........
mwa ha ha I think I will be a great disappoint for your grandfather, Stella. Usually I have forgotten new moves by the time I get home from a lesson.

ubrunjensen
02-05-2004, 01:01 PM
Oh, are we supposed to give descriptions of ourselves? Well, I'm Corean by birth, so I look Asian, with long black hair and slightly slanting eyes, colour brown. I'm 155 cm tall (hey, that's not tall...) and I'm a bit on the chubby side, but I never did look good being skinny! I usually wear contact lenses as I'm pretty shortsighted, but also use glasses. I like to dress casually, in jeans and a shirt, and my fave colours (to wear) are black, red, green and purple.

zyim333
02-05-2004, 01:13 PM
he so do i .wilma .u wont disappoint him anyway becoz u r more heated about this than i do . maybe i should pick that up again and make progress together with u. ;) ps who is ur teacher ,an chinese?

wilma
02-05-2004, 01:48 PM
he so do i .wilma .u wont disappoint him anyway becoz u r more heated about this than i do . maybe i should pick that up again and make progress together with u. ;) ps who is ur teacher ,an chinese?
No, LOL, he's Dutch. He's about 80 but appears to be very lean and supple (well he's leaner and more supple than I am anyway, so that doesn't say much lol). I think he learned tai chi from a Chinese master though.
I have no idea what we're doing right now. He calls it 'Yang form, 43' if that means anything to you or your grandad. He also teaches us a few Qi Gong exercises.

LOL Ulla, now I have to add some more things as well! My favourite colours are mauve, purple, black and red, I'm 1,72 m and wear contacts as well (and sometimes glasses).

xuzizhen
02-05-2004, 01:58 PM
I'm afraid i can only do "18 movements" Tai chi

wilma
02-05-2004, 02:11 PM
I'm afraid i can only do "18 movements" Tai chi
Do you mean that the number '43' applies to the number of movements in the exercise????!!!! We have been working on this form for 18 months now! And quite frankly I have the feeling that there are zillions of movements - I'm allright on the first part, I must say. I've downloaded some music from the internet to use while I do my exercises at home (which is not very often, I must admit)

Andi
02-06-2004, 01:02 AM
Love it Ulla! I'm in the 'old enough to be Grosjean's wife' category as well!! (great age!!) :)

Congratulations on your new job. :) I teach piano and keyboards privately and play for a choir. (My brother is a headmaster though!) I'm also starting up a new business which is taking lots of time. Its a bit of a secret until its up and running! (But it will be extremely successful) :)

Interests? oo-er. lots of sports - ski-ing, map and compass stuff etc....member of an acting group and write stuff for thier mag...lots of 'alternative' things - physical, mental, spiritual... I did try Tai Chi once. My abiding memory is of teasing an ex-boyfriend when he used to perform it in the flat! That was years ago before I was better educated!!

zyim333
02-06-2004, 05:01 AM
i ve learned one whole series of TAI CHI while i gave up at the end .you know ,my grandpa asked me to use a sword for further studies and i was frightened .but actually it turned out to be mild and interesting.u refered to QING GONG? hehe...perhaps u could fly in no time. ;) should i recommend any chinese intereting novels about acrobatis skills? :)
hey a tip for u wilma---- (originally from my grandfather)Remember the movements by animals.and of course practising to the music may help u . good luck !

KellyluvsGrosjean
02-06-2004, 06:54 AM
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!! Wilma! You are doing Yang Form? I am doing it as well! But I am pretty bad at following the steps and stuff ~ and in my class, most of the overseas students do it really good!
I was doing Chen (my surename!) form last year. It was so good and very powerful. BUT~ difficult as well. And right now I have to finish the whole thing with the others~ to follow the others coz I can't remember them~~
Indeed Tai Chi is something that you have learnt, and you use them, to recall any steps whenever you want. Like me, I can use what I have learnt... those fragment to fight with the others... Aha I like fighting and the Tai Chi works!!!
To make Tai Chi simple, keep your breathing, and you will find that actually whenever you breath, the pulse match the movement! Try it!

wilma
02-06-2004, 09:19 AM
LOL Kelly, I would love to make tai chi simple, but I have very great difficulty in remembering what I have to do; sometimes I even forget to breathe! Also I have no right and left feeling - if you know what I mean. When the teacher says "raise your left arm" or whatever, I first have to think a very long time before I know what my right side is LOL (this caused some problems when I was still taking driving lessons, I can tell you). And I must admit that I don't know anything about forms etc. So, what is the Yang form exactly? Sometimes the teacher tells us the attack or defense movement behind a certain flowing motion - but that's all I know. What is the difference between Yang and Chen and are there any more? And is tai chi sort of compulsory for you guys? You all seem to do it.

wilma
02-06-2004, 09:24 AM
And Stella, yes please, recommend some Chinese novels; they'd have to be in Dutch or English, however

wilma
02-06-2004, 09:42 AM
I'm also starting up a new business which is taking lots of time. Its a bit of a secret until its up and running! (But it will be extremely successful) :)

I did try Tai Chi once. My abiding memory is of teasing an ex-boyfriend when he used to perform it in the flat! That was years ago before I was better educated!!

Ha, Andi, I also have my own business (translation bureau obviously) - I'm not that successful, however (I get by, though, which is good enough for me)

I think tai chi looks lovely - i.e. if it's performed by a skilled person LOL

zyim333
02-06-2004, 10:22 AM
I think tai chi looks lovely - i.e. if it's performed by a skilled person LOL

:cool: :cool: :cool:
yeah like this one:

wilma
02-06-2004, 11:12 AM
Is this from the Yang form Stella? It looks a bit like a piece we have to do (and which I CANNOT manage lol)

wilma
02-06-2004, 11:13 AM
Maybe I will buy myself a similar outfit - who knows, it may help ...

ubrunjensen
02-06-2004, 04:34 PM
Impressive drawing, Stella! Are you the artist? Looks a bit like the drawings my bf does, all his settings and characters are Tolkien-like, by the way, he loves the fantasy world!
And Andi, I'm so glad to hear there are more old warhorses like me around! Welcome to the club of OLD ENOUGH TO BE GROSJEAN'S WIFE! In my case it actually means being 32, but behaving like 21!

noa
02-06-2004, 10:40 PM
hi everybody!
I'm noa, new here, but an old member of seb's french forum. I've just found this one and I'm very happy to see that's seb is so popular everywhere in the world. That's great!
I'm French and I live near Marseille (seb's native city) and I'm fan since his semi final in the australian open 2001.
I saw him three times (twice in the open 13 in Marseille 2002 and 2003 and once in paris bercy masters. I have some pics and I'll try to post som in this forum (I have first to see how it works...). Unfortunately I was just in the crowd and never met him. I've seen some of you did...how lucky you are!
Anyway, thanks a lot to all the ones who sent photos and talked about their meeting with seb.
Bye

ps : seb is the best!!

taremi
02-07-2004, 12:05 AM
Hi noa, welcome!! :D Yeah, Seb is so popular and he's the Best to us!!!! :yeah:

xuzizhen
02-07-2004, 02:25 AM
Hi noa!!

zyim333
02-07-2004, 02:55 AM
Maybe I will buy myself a similar outfit - who knows, it may help ...

yes,since i come from a traditoinal family (i'm just a little bit tradition),my mum could make that kind of suits herself!however,seldom does she make any now.. ;) ;) ;)

zyim333
02-07-2004, 02:56 AM
cheers noa!!!! :)

wilma
02-07-2004, 08:41 AM
Welcome to the forum, Noa! As you can see/read we wander a bit off topic during the intervals of Seb's tour - but rest assured: we'll only discuss his play/hair style/eyelashes/colour of outfit/etc when he's playing a tournament ;)

zyim333
02-07-2004, 09:46 AM
i admire this notice ,wilma! ;)

stephB
02-07-2004, 06:41 PM
hey all. i think i should introduce myself now.
i´m steph from germany and 24 (nearly 25). i´m a student of social sciences but i´m in the middle of my exams :) and i love music and tennis!!!!!!!!!!!!! very much :) and i love to travel for tennis tournaments *lol*

ubrunjensen
02-07-2004, 09:41 PM
Hello, Noa, always nice to meet new fans of Grosjean! Or old, in your case, as you began supporting him in 2001! And believe me, we can discuss important issues as well, not just the funny/silly stuff! Though it's always great to have a laugh or two...

crystal
02-07-2004, 11:24 PM
Hello everybody !
I came year two weeks ago, and then I had to revise for my exams, so I didn't come back so often !
I usually use "Crystal" on forums (coz I find this name beautiful), but in fact my name is Ophélie (Hey Kelly how are you ???) , so as you like !! :)
I'm french, I'm 16 and I'm in "première" (11th grade) like Marine and alix but I'm not from Paris. Actually I was born in South America and lived there many years but I moved to France 3 years ago. So now I live in Cannes (hehe, lots of big stars 2 weeks a year !!!).
I love reading and playing the piano. Favourite singers : Phil Collins, Seal, Notre Dame de Paris...
I like playing tennis and of course I like watching tennis, and especially seb and JC ferrero !!!!! I discovered seb in RG in 2000, and I've seen him once (was in Bercy in 2002 : yeah, I saw the "six-matchballs-lost match" against moya...). However was a great day : you can't see seb everyday, so I keep a goof memory of it.
To conclude : VIVE SEB, TU ES LE MEILLEUR !!!!!
Hey you're the best seb ! :worship:

esther
02-08-2004, 04:13 AM
crystal- where in south america were you born? thats so cool!! So your parents are french? marines not in 'premiere'...?! lol

crystal
02-08-2004, 06:32 PM
esther : I was born in french guiana (near Brazil !!!)
Yeah my parents are french
and esther, you didn't answer me last time ;-)
How can you translate french so well ???

Marine
02-08-2004, 09:18 PM
(was in Bercy in 2002 : yeah, I saw the "six-matchballs-lost match" against moya...)

ME TOO Cristal !!!! J'en suis toujours pas remise ! LOL
CE jour là j'ai bien cru que j'allais l'étrangler, j'étais complètement dégoutée !!!!!! UN peu rude à avaler pour le public quand meme !!

Marine
02-08-2004, 09:19 PM
crystal- where in south america were you born? thats so cool!! So your parents are french? marines not in 'premiere'...?! lol

She meant I'm French too Esther...lol

Marine
02-08-2004, 09:26 PM
How can you translate french so well ???

Esther was French in a former life ! lol

No, in fact I think she is very talentuous, not only she translates well, but she talks very well too, and doesn't make many faults. She speaks much better than me in english (after 8 years of courses !), and it's the same for her friend Prazz... they impress me !

esther
02-09-2004, 09:23 AM
crystal- i learn french at school. i love translating nethign coz i'm doing my last year of French at school this year (i'll be doing it at uni or somethign but will be my last year doing it at school) so any practise is good!

LOOOL oh i thought she meant you were in premiere and was like...no...she's TEACHING not learning lool

thanks marine :kiss: u havent heard me speak in real life tho...or gotten me to try and understand someone speaking french in real life! its totally different you woudlnt even know i spoke french coz i cant understand what ANYONE says in french when they talk fast!! its so depressing. but nothing getting a french husband wont fix right, marine! :P
Oh i forgot to ask my teacher how to prounounce Marseille today LOL!! i will ask her on wednesady.

esther
02-09-2004, 09:32 AM
it was so funny this person added me to msn a few weeks ago and i had a French quote as my msn name yesterday so they go, 'Hi are you French??" so i told them yes my mum is french LOL so they started asking me like where she was from...how often i go back etc etc...it was quite entertaining so now they think i am french! LOL i dont have any plans of telling them otherwise *hope they arent reading this*

crystal
02-09-2004, 06:53 PM
Tu étais là Marine !!!! Tu as assisté aux 6 balles de match ???
Ah c'était horrible !!!! Si proche du bonheur, et...pff...il les rate toutes !!!! Et puis tu te souviens il y en avait une (la 4e je crois...) où tout le monde croyait qu'il avait gagné et tout le monde s'est levé, jusqu'à ce que l'arbitre....OUT !!! J'étais prête à m'arracher tous les cheveux !! Bref, à oublier...
Esther : if you learnt french at school, congratulations, you're really gifted for translating !!!
Oh and it's the same for me, when someone speaks to fast in english, I'm just unable to understand ANYTHING !!!! ;-)
Talking about seb, does anyone know when he is back on the courts ?

xuzizhen
02-10-2004, 02:43 AM
he'll return in Mar.

ubrunjensen
02-10-2004, 07:42 AM
But that's in a million years!

KellyluvsGrosjean
02-10-2004, 09:09 AM
hi how are you guys?
I am really busy but I have stolen sometime to type messages here ;) ... First of all, HAPPIE VALENTINE'S DAY * :angel: Hope everyone can have their own dreamy babies very soon... ahaaaa!!!
I didn't come here as often as before becoz I had a lot to do. Just like yesterday I went to town to buy loads of weird stuff for my visual art project... which's about "Idols". Really stressed :sad: , esp last night I had some arguement with my roomies and I found myself was pissed off, then I swore badly in Cantonese :shout: ... although they didn't understand what I talked abt but I was quite guilty... anyways I am feeling much better today becoz I didn't a lot of art and even had forgotten to go to my English lecon! :o
So nice that most of you know the French language. I did it for a month but I didn't learn a lot coz the tutor talked about the pronounciation too much :eek: . However I am sure I will do it after the coming exam (yucccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkk!!!)!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! I am sure I can handle the thing, coz I like language, althought my english was bloody terrible... I can even understand a little bit of Spanish becoz my roomie is a mexican! (she knows more than 4 languages...)
Oh so many people have their path crossed with the French language stuff... any one has read the book "L'etranger" by Albert Camus ? This is one of the greatest French book in the world:bigclap: ... I wish I can read the French edition one day. :dance:

(Heyhey Crystal, good luck for your exam. Mine will begin on 21th.............aiyaaaaaaaaaaaaa...) :timebomb:

HAPPIE ST VALENTINES DAY x

xuzizhen
02-10-2004, 09:52 AM
Hi kelly! good luck for your exam!
L'etranger" by Albert Camus? hehe yes it's a great book!

ubrunjensen
02-10-2004, 12:36 PM
Good luck with the exams and the studying, Kelly!
Albert Camus? You read the heavy boys!

wilma
02-10-2004, 02:57 PM
Only read La Peste (yes, in French!) at highschool. Needless to say I didn't get what it was all about :D

Lizan
02-10-2004, 05:53 PM
Lool everytime I had to read something in Highschool, I always got it (summery) from the internet (shame I know) but it worked great.. Saved myself some boring time.. (I don't like reading at all)

wilma
02-10-2004, 07:10 PM
You don't know what you missed, girl!

Lizan
02-10-2004, 07:47 PM
Yeah u are maybe right, but it's just I don't know.. Everybody loves reading, and I wish I did, makes life a lot easier!! Instead of reading I'm watching tv all dayyyy.. ai not good!

taremi
02-10-2004, 10:38 PM
Don't worry, Lizan! Sometims, instead of reading I'm netsurfing all the day.... :eek: Oh no!

Andi
02-10-2004, 11:52 PM
Hi Wilma! (going back a few days now...) you're probably right Tai Chi is lovely, I was just a bit of a heathen back then... (and it was fun teasing the bf!) I'd love to know more about it now... I'll have to read through all the posts sometime...there's just so MUCH on here I don't know that I'm gonna be able to keep up!

And Ulla yes, I think my mental age probably varies from 6 upwards!

esther
02-11-2004, 12:06 AM
We had to study LES JUSTES by camus last year. was interesting!

crystal
02-11-2004, 11:41 AM
I read L'Etranger last year, though Camus isn't my favourite writer, I should admit that his novel was very special, original for his times, quite strange, and very pessimistic.
It's an heavy book...

Marine
02-11-2004, 11:55 AM
L'Etranger, La peste, La chute... Camus is one of the authors I liked to read at school, it's not the case with some others...(Stendhal, Zola...:rolleyes:)

sebgrosfan
02-11-2004, 05:32 PM
Hiya, I've been on this board for a while now and I started liking Seb during RG'01. The location to the left is no longer valid :crying2: but I'll be making a new move a.s.a.p. I've seen Seb play a number of times (2 Slams and 2 smaller tournaments) and I've had maybe two live encounters with him :D As for me, I'll be graduating this year and with that hope to start my adult working life. We'll see what happens...

esther
02-12-2004, 10:44 AM
good luck with your working adult life lol

sebgrosfan
02-12-2004, 11:23 AM
thanks ;) I'm just sick of school, i need a change, bad!

Lizan
02-12-2004, 02:48 PM
Yeah I can imagine.. Urgh there's at least 3 years to go for me.. Many people say u should enjoy your life as a student, so i will do that!!

ubrunjensen
02-13-2004, 06:01 PM
I think Stendhal, Zola, Camus etc. are too deep for me, though I'm fond of reading! I much prefer Dumas "The Three Musketeers" - one of my favourite books - and so appropriate, being a member of the French Musketeers site run by Esther and Liza! I swear I sometimes detect a certain pattern in my life...it seems that my life has been paved with French guys: Platini & the French national team of 1984 (yes, I'm that old!), French actor Gérard Philipe (RIP), Grosjean and now new European champ of figure skating, Brian Joubert (probably only like him coz he's French) - indeed, I actually watch figure skating...I dare you to laugh at me! It's a great spectator sport!

Marine
02-13-2004, 06:27 PM
No, I don't laugh..I like figure skating too, but i prefer (contrary with tennis !!) watching girls, men are not made for this sport I think ! lol
(but Brian is ok...)

ubrunjensen
02-13-2004, 06:44 PM
They tend to look a little funny in their tightfitting costumes! lol
And as for men watching figure skating...well, what can I say?

taremi
02-13-2004, 07:21 PM
I like figure skating too,
I know one of the French figure skater named Frédéric....:scratch: Let me see.... Oh! Frédéric Dambier!! He's cool!! :D

crystal
02-13-2004, 07:23 PM
I love Brian Joubert too !!! I think he "skates" great !!! I love Alexeil Yagudin too, but he stopped his career...it's such a pity...but I've heard he is training Joubert at the moment...!!! Not sure.
Anyways, my favourite sportman is -no doubt- SEB !!!! (and Juan carlos !)
And to keep talking about books (hehe), I don't really like Camus and Stendahl, I prefer Zola, Dumas (le Comte de Monte-Cristo : a masterpiece!!!), and of course, who could resist to Harry Potter ??? :-)
I'm looking forward to the 6xth tome !!!

wilma
02-13-2004, 07:51 PM
I prefer the girls as well in figure skating - not necessarily because the men aren't becoming in their glittery tight fitting costumes, but because I like their 'show' and movements better.

Marine
02-13-2004, 08:03 PM
and of course, who could resist to Harry Potter ??? :-)
I'm looking forward to the 6xth tome !!!

ME ! :unsure: ...but I guess I should...everybody loves harry potter, from 7 to 77 years old ! This book is like a drog, when you begin, you can't stop it seems...lol

taremi
02-13-2004, 08:06 PM
Oh! Yes, yes! I know Brian Joubert, too!! He's so cute, isn't he?
Really? Yagudin stopped his career? I didn't know that...(shameful...) I know his skates were just fantastic!!!! Anyway, of course, my favorite sportman is SEB, crystal. ;)
OK, guys! Keep talking about books.... I cannot join that because I don't read any books so much... :speakles: lol

wilma
02-13-2004, 08:09 PM
I loved HP 1 - 4, but nr 5 was a bit of a disappointment, I must admit - not until near the end it got better. Who's your favourite character. Mine is Snape! And Lupin.

crystal
02-13-2004, 08:51 PM
the first four books were so good !
I was also a bit disappointing in the beginning of the fifth coz Harry seems to be very plaintive, and he was always angry !
My favourite characters were...ahem quite difficult...of course Harry, and Lupin and maybe Sirius, but...you know what happened to him :-( .
Actually I don't have a really favourite characters...I like the story, the atmosphere of the book ! Quite bewitching, after all...
You should try HP Marine, you won't regret !

wilma
02-13-2004, 09:01 PM
I was also a bit disappointing in the beginning of the fifth coz Harry seems to be very plaintive, and he was always angry !

My feelings exactly, Crystal! And I didn't like it that AGAIN he was the only one who wasn't told things :rolleyes: I mean does that Dumbledore never learn! Harry is such a great wizard and saved the wizard world from what's his name (really can't remember at the moment lol) for four consecutive years!! He can handle the truth.

Peta Pan
02-14-2004, 07:09 AM
I love watching figure skating too - although the only time they show it on TV in Australia is during the Winter Olympics :(

Alexei Yagudin is my favourite - he is so exciting to watch - so it's a shame that he isn't skating competitively anymore... the professional tour shows only ever seem to be done in Canada and the USA :(

ubrunjensen
02-14-2004, 02:54 PM
:worship: I worship Yagudin! He was just the best! Alas, he's no more to be found on the rink at competitions, and so I have to make do with Brian Joubert! I do not like Plushenko in the least. And yes, the women have more grace - I usually support Irina Slutskaya, but she seems to be injured/ill all the time lately, and I never really cared for Michelle Kwan. The upcoming World Cup will be interesting. I rather doubt that Joubert will win the gold, but I certainly hope he will and support him! :hearts:
:o Oh, I've never read Harry Potter! I know everybody tells me that it's a great book and that I will be hooked for life if I read the first volume - but I just can't seem to dig up the necessary interest. I saw the first movie and it was okay, just a wee bit long and slow moving.
Right now I'm more into Nick Hornby and his very funny books. I also like Zadie Smith "White Teeth" & "The Autograph Man" and Iain Pears "The Instance of the Fingerpost" & "The Dream of Scipio". Brilliant books! But before it all gets too serious and deep, let's not forget the remarkable "Alfred Hitchcock & the 3 Investigators" - my favourite series of children's detective stories! I just rediscovered the pleasure of reading about the three boys' exciting adventures. Makes me want to be a 14 year old American boy hunting for hidden treasures! :bounce: