Superleague round 24 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Superleague round 24

Straby
08-11-2006, 10:11 PM
I'm very temped by Dragons +7,5 over Wakey @ 1.90.

Betham and Catic are both suspended tomorrow following their disgraceful fights last week (though it was decent entertainment :cool: ). Only thing that worries me is that Wigan won tonight so Wakey desperately need to win this one. What are you guys thoughts about this game?

bad gambler
08-11-2006, 10:34 PM
hmm with Wigan winning today, Wildcats are in a must win position

I don't like backing against desperate teams, especially when there is not much between these two.

bad gambler
08-12-2006, 12:10 PM
Playing the Saturday afternoon game...

Quins to cover +10.5 v Bulls - $1.91

Quins are tough to bet against the spread at home, going 4-1-0 in their last 5 homes games. The line is a bit of an overreaction after the Bulls' two last games where they belted an injury depleted Wolves team at home and a bottom 3 team in the Wildcats.

Quins should be able to keep this one close provided it doesn't allow the big Bulls pack to dominate early.

good luck

bad gambler
08-12-2006, 04:55 PM
Playing the Saturday afternoon game...

Quins to cover +10.5 v Bulls - $1.91

Quins are tough to bet against the spread at home, going 4-1-0 in their last 5 homes games. The line is a bit of an overreaction after the Bulls' two last games where they belted an injury depleted Wolves team at home and a bottom 3 team in the Wildcats.

Quins should be able to keep this one close provided it doesn't allow the big Bulls pack to dominate early.

good luck

woof woof

andrew057
08-13-2006, 05:12 AM
Castleford +18.5 2.01
St. Helens -18.5 1.901

Huddersfield Giants +9.5 1.917 3.850
Hull FC -9.5 1.990 1.308

Wakefield Trinity WC -7.5 1.935 1.398
Catalans Dragons +7.5 1.971 3.250

bad gambler
08-13-2006, 08:14 AM
Can't see the Giants getting smashed again like they did against Saints last week which I put down to the Challenge Cup hangover from the week before

Got to look into the numbers though for this one

Tigers as home dogs have been money all season, but even at a start of 18 odd I can't pull the trigger given Saints could score 50 against anyone anywhere with Hooper and Long back today in the lineup. But not sure whether Anderson will rest any players

Straby
08-13-2006, 11:39 AM
I'm very temped by Dragons +7,5 over Wakey @ 1.90.

Betham and Catic are both suspended tomorrow following their disgraceful fights last week (though it was decent entertainment :cool: ). Only thing that worries me is that Wigan won tonight so Wakey desperately need to win this one. What are you guys thoughts about this game?

Ok I have had some extra thoughts about it and decided to play it.
I watched Wakey's 18-0 win last week over the Tigers. Looks impressive from the scoresheet, but in fact Tigers were dominating them for about 2/3 of the game. It took a horrible ref decision to break the Tigers hearts (the 2nd try was clearly a forward pass, even Stevie Wonder wouldn't miss that).

Dragons +7,5 over Wakey @ 1.90

gl

bad gambler
08-13-2006, 12:21 PM
Huddersfield Giants to cover +9.5 v Hull - $1.90

This line is another overreaction IMO to the results of last week, where Huddersfield got hammered by the league leaders away from home by 40+ points. Previously to that though, they had compiled a record of 4-1-0 ATS in their last 5 home games, weirdly the same as the Harlequins from yesterday. Add to that an impressive win away in the Powergen Cup SF against Leeds. But more importantly though, the Giants will be playing hard for a win as after the Quins win yesterday they now find themselves close to the relegation zone.

Similar to Quins yesterday, they will need to start well against a Hull team attempting to hold down a second spot in the league.

good luck

SwiSha
08-13-2006, 03:11 PM
holy shiet ST. Helens are not playing around ...up 36-0 1st half

SwiSha
08-13-2006, 03:59 PM
geez 66-0 St.Helens :lol:

Straby
08-13-2006, 05:26 PM
Ok I have had some extra thoughts about it and decided to play it.
I watched Wakey's 18-0 win last week over the Tigers. Looks impressive from the scoresheet, but in fact Tigers were dominating them for about 2/3 of the game. It took a horrible ref decision to break the Tigers hearts (the 2nd try was clearly a forward pass, even Stevie Wonder wouldn't miss that).

Dragons +7,5 over Wakey @ 1.90

gl

i consider this as a loss already.

andrew057
08-13-2006, 06:51 PM
All favourites cover today.

bad gambler
08-13-2006, 10:59 PM
Huddersfield Giants to cover +9.5 v Hull - $1.90

This line is another overreaction IMO to the results of last week, where Huddersfield got hammered by the league leaders away from home by 40+ points. Previously to that though, they had compiled a record of 4-1-0 ATS in their last 5 home games, weirdly the same as the Harlequins from yesterday. Add to that an impressive win away in the Powergen Cup SF against Leeds. But more importantly though, the Giants will be playing hard for a win as after the Quins win yesterday they now find themselves close to the relegation zone.

Similar to Quins yesterday, they will need to start well against a Hull team attempting to hold down a second spot in the league.

good luck

Giants were lucky to lose only by 14 - Lost