NRL ROUND 23 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

NRL ROUND 23

Mr Flamboyant
08-11-2006, 09:28 AM
I have just eight words for those contemplating a punt this weekend .. THROW EVERYTHING BAR THE KITCHEN SINK AT MELBOURNE!

The Broncos are in complete and utter disarray, despite what they'd have you believe. Wayne Bennett has completely run out of ideas (for the fourth year in a row) and has reverted to his referdex of excuses as another cataclysmic end of season capitulation looms. "We're creating plenty of chances ... we're just not executing" is a line all Broncos fans are utterly sick and tired of hearing from Bennett, but we know it's all we'll hear until the team bombs out on the end of another long losing streak in 2006.

So on Sunday, it's Melbourne by plenty .. and don't expect Brisbane to trouble their opponents tryline too often.

$1.50 is the sale of the century when it comes to a Storm victory, and you could even say the same about the line of -5.5, because Melbourne will cover that in the first five minutes and won't look back.

Bolar Bolabi
08-11-2006, 09:33 AM
I'm on Manly +5.5 tonight

Bolar Bolabi
08-11-2006, 11:31 AM
Yeah yeah yeah.

A full strength Manly were always going to cover that ridiculous line.

good_gambler
08-11-2006, 12:23 PM
I'm on Brisbane again.

Call me dumb, call me a :retard:. call me a lunatic.

They owe me lotsa monies! :fiery:
Seriously though, how will they react to being underdogs and playing a team that should smash them?

I'm going with my gut feeling on this one.
Not my heart, but ownly my gut feeling.

Mr Flamboyant
08-12-2006, 06:34 AM
GG .. It's gonna be a smash up .. I've been watching Brisbane too long to know this current group just can't produce the type of miraculous form turnarounds other teams can. Their confidence is at bootlace level, they have no recognised hooker or half .. quite simply they're a rabble .. It pains me to write the above (!) because I'm a Brisbane supporter and have been since day one, but sticking one's head in the sand and pretending problems don't exist is something I don't subscribe to (even if the Broncos seem intent on doing it). IMO Brisbane is the worst team in the competition at present. I think their problems are so deep rooted they'd battle to beat a Qld Cup side.

Mr Flamboyant
08-12-2006, 06:42 AM
I'm on Manly +5.5 tonight

:worship: :bigclap: :yeah: :hatoff: I know hindsight is exactly that, but that was a fantastic punt BB .. Earlier in the week I heard how the Eagles were setting themselves for that game and how fired up Ben Kennedy was ect and told myself to tip them but of course ended up chickening out and taking the Knights instead .. So hats off to you Bolar .. !

bad gambler
08-12-2006, 07:09 AM
Just heard on the radio it is belting down in Auckland, comparable to last weekend when the Sharks played there...

unders 39.5 Warriors v Cowboys - $1.90

gl

sports freak
08-12-2006, 08:15 AM
Loving the 2 plays 2nite,riding the Hot Eels against the Stinkin Sharks.,ade amistake thought it was the Rabbits that were playin the Roosters :rolleyes: Just stickin with Jared Haines n J.T :)

30 units on Parramatta Eels -4.5pts over Cronulla Sharks - Eels are just HOT atm!!!Jared Haines is a FREAK of NATURE!!!

Good luck!!Lean on Roosters +7.5pts over Panthers!!!

bad gambler
08-12-2006, 08:38 AM
Freak - Panthers are playing the chooks :confused:

Bunnies have the bye this week

Mr Flamboyant
08-12-2006, 08:40 AM
Sensational pick SF, but you're a week too late .. Souths played the Panthers last Sunday! The bet would've won too!

Penrith host the Roosters tonight ..

sports freak
08-12-2006, 08:41 AM
Guys you were too quick!!!

bad gambler
08-12-2006, 09:15 AM
Just heard on the radio it is belting down in Auckland, comparable to last weekend when the Sharks played there...

unders 39.5 Warriors v Cowboys - $1.90

gl

:singer: $$$

sports freak
08-12-2006, 09:27 AM
Very nice work BG,i wished i had seen it early congrats on the great win!!!Those Cowboys are a hapless bunch atm,from Superstars to i dont know??

sports freak
08-12-2006, 09:32 AM
Preview Broncos vs Storms -what a ripper of a game to be honest my gut feel is Broncos can come away with the win cos if they come out to play n Hodges n Tate decide to turn it on then it will be big trouble for the Storms,main ingredients in this match is if Hodges n Tate go off,Broncos follow n win but if shut down,then it could be a massacre!!!Broncos still have alot of representative players that have pride left in them,also with this game who wants to win it more,Storms are on top by a mile therefor is this the lost they had to have???Something tells me it could be a downer for the storms!!!

good_gambler
08-12-2006, 12:00 PM
GG .. It's gonna be a smash up .. I've been watching Brisbane too long to know this current group just can't produce the type of miraculous form turnarounds other teams can. Their confidence is at bootlace level, they have no recognised hooker or half .. quite simply they're a rabble .. It pains me to write the above (!) because I'm a Brisbane supporter and have been since day one, but sticking one's head in the sand and pretending problems don't exist is something I don't subscribe to (even if the Broncos seem intent on doing it). IMO Brisbane is the worst team in the competition at present. I think their problems are so deep rooted they'd battle to beat a Qld Cup side.
I can't possibly think of anyone who is going worse than North QLD at the moment.

In fact I won't bet on this match.
Not because I don't want to though.
As I said this is purely a gut feeling for me.
It wouldn't surprise me to see them cop a smash up but something is telling me it won't happen. :shrug:

sports freak
08-13-2006, 01:31 AM
I'm on Brisbane again.

Call me dumb, call me a :retard:. call me a lunatic.

They owe me lotsa monies! :fiery:
Seriously though, how will they react to being underdogs and playing a team that should smash them?

I'm going with my gut feeling on this one.
Not my heart, but ownly my gut feeling.

Just tell us the truth youve lost that much money on the Broncos that if your not on them again n they win,you would be more then gut wrenched ;) ive been in similiar scenarios like you have been,dont worry champ this could be the one that breaks the shackles,looking forward to a sell out n the big boys of the Broncos will need to come out aswell as their special centre pairing!!!

sports freak
08-13-2006, 01:36 AM
Only the 3 matches on this arvo with some absolute beauties to cash!!!

Leans for now!!

Broncos +5.5pts over Melbourne Storms - This seems like a trap game for Storm backers,clear as water to me,the line shoud be like -8.5/10.5 relalisticly therefor money is to be on Stroms while the Broncos run away with the game,oh yeah what a feeling,!!!

Bulldogs -6.5pts over St George - Dogs are running made,hopefully its no let down but should be too much for the Dragons atm!!

Wst Tigers +2.5pts over Canberra Raiders - Raiders are a funny team,so unpredictable with soo many players leaving it hard to back to side at all!!!

sports freak
08-13-2006, 02:20 AM
Just found out its John Skandalis last game at home for the Tigers,do if for Johnny!!!!

Mr Flamboyant
08-13-2006, 02:25 AM
Think I'll break my betting hiatus by having a bit on Melbourne this afternoon .. I, like others here, think the Broncos will be revved up for this game.. it's pretty much line in the sand stuff for the club today .. But the bottom line is they CANNOT get the ball across the line .. The Storm can, and that's why they'll win ..

sports freak
08-13-2006, 02:29 AM
Think I'll break my betting hiatus by having a bit on Melbourne this afternoon .. I, like others here, think the Broncos will be revved up for this game.. it's pretty much line in the sand stuff for the club today .. But the bottom line is they CANNOT get the ball across the line .. The Storm can, and that's why they'll win ..

Why not do a HT/FT bet champ,if you know like i do the Broncos gonna come out n but just not good enough in the end,therefor Broncos/Storms HT/FT is great value for ya,since your that confident :) !!!

good_gambler
08-13-2006, 04:07 AM
Fuck it.
I won a bit on the NFL overnight so no guts, no glory:

Brisbane over Melbourne @ $2.65

Sports Freak, yeah I'm going with my heart, but honestly I do have a different feeling about this game.
If I'm proven wrong what's new. :shrug:

And yes they have cost me a fair bit, but I'll get over it.
I suppose they have to win sooner or later and the day I stop backing them will probably be the day they win. :rolleyes:

Justin Hodges at fullback today. :unsure:
I'm sure he'll do better than Darius (whose shifted to the wing), he just doesn't have the penetration and such as Karmichael does. :)

bad gambler
08-13-2006, 04:17 AM
Storm just need another 2 points to bag the minor premiership - and with 2 homes games to come this is a formality.

3 teams behind them on 22 points and the Warriors who are on 20 have a superior differential to the broncos. They have Eels and Dogs to come as well away from home. In essence they MUST win today IMO otherwise face the possiblity to miss out completely on finals footy this year.

The real question is how willing are the storm going to be to put it all on the line today and match the same intensity the Broncos will show today? I don't even remember the last time the Broncos were given a 6.5 start at home.....

Broncos to cover +6.5 v Storm (mid play)

+

Broncos to win - $2.65

good luck :eek:

good_gambler
08-13-2006, 04:48 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong BG.
Melbourne need 4 points to guarantee themselves of the minor premiership.

The win another game that is 40 points.
The Dogs currently sit on 32 points with a possible 8 to come.

Of course, Melbourne will have to lose 3/4 and the Dogs win 4/4 but it is still possible?? :confused:

SadrieL
08-13-2006, 05:16 AM
Broncos 10-0 nice call

SadrieL
08-13-2006, 06:14 AM
Broncos :(

good_gambler
08-13-2006, 06:15 AM
They go to sleep for 20 minutes and pay dearly for it.

:sobbing::sobbing::sobbing::sobbing::sobbing:

bad gambler
08-13-2006, 06:40 AM
Well I hit my mid stake play by 0.5 but damn, wish I was at home, could have made a nice little packet by hedging the Broncos ML at HT

Mr Flamboyant
08-13-2006, 07:57 AM
Got the cash with the Storm at the line but proud of the Broncos performance today ..

bad gambler
08-13-2006, 08:03 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong BG.
Melbourne need 4 points to guarantee themselves of the minor premiership.

The win another game that is 40 points.
The Dogs currently sit on 32 points with a possible 8 to come.

Of course, Melbourne will have to lose 3/4 and the Dogs win 4/4 but it is still possible?? :confused:

well all academic now - but you are right in theory however storm had a +37 point differential over the doggies so even if they did tie I found it hard to see how they could could pull that back unless Storm get hammered in any of their games.

Pigs fly ;)

good_gambler
08-13-2006, 09:38 AM
Just a few points I'd like to say after I've had some fresh air. :smoke:

While the Broncos didn't win today I think it would be fair to say they are still a chance and definatey don't write them off yet.
They played awesome (bar 20 minutes, which ultimately cost them). Also Special K back soon.
Hopefully they can win a game before the finals and not play the Storm or Bulldogs first round.

Also :speakles: Canberra are a top 4 chance. :eek: :bolt:
Must say I seen the OT part on Austar and Tigers definately shouldn't have lost.
Doubt Steve Clarke will be reffing first grade next week.

dave nz
08-13-2006, 09:45 AM
While the Broncos didn't win today I think it would be fair to say they are still a chance and definatey don't write them off yet..

I see you are in the denial stage of the grieving process :D

Stick a fork in the Broncs they gave everything they had today no dening that. BUT they are lacking in a number of areas to win the comp. Fitness, the halves and team cohesion to name a few. ;)

good_gambler
08-13-2006, 09:59 AM
I see you are in the denial stage of the grieving process :D
Problem is this is the only stage I know. :help:
Six years in a row now and I'm still not giving up. :D