Where do I find Player INterviews? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Where do I find Player INterviews?

Chloe le Bopper
08-10-2002, 07:39 AM
Lets say the site decides that the interview of a top ten player isn't as important as a player hardly in the top 100 :rolleyes:

How can I get around these xenophobic bastards and find the interviews?

Chloe le Bopper
08-10-2002, 07:46 AM
I just sent the site an irritated email :p

as below -

Hello -

I wanted to point out a glaring flaw with the website for the cincinatti tournament.

Not everyone who watches tennis is American. It would be nice to read interviews from top ten player Juan Carlos Ferrero, or former number one player and 1998 Roland Garros winner Carlos Moya.

Yet for some reason these two, and many others who don't fly an American flag next to their names, don't have an interview posted on the official site.

What baffles me most is to see the day that Dent lost, his interview is posted, but not Ferrero's.

Some of us have interest in hearing what players not from the USA think, and it would be nice if your site could provide for on international audience.

Yours Truly -

*my name*

--------------------------------

It occurs to me that maybe I am over looking a special place of the site where their interviews are, in which case I look awfully silly :D

Chloe le Bopper
08-10-2002, 07:57 AM
pft i can't find them on ASAP either :rolleyes:

DOn't they put up transcripts for these pepes anywhere :fiery:

Tryphon
08-10-2002, 09:41 AM
I had noticed that too, that many interviews were missing. If it happens one round and the player's press conference is posted the next round, I guess that can be OK but some players aren't featured at all in any round.
(for instance as much as I remember no Seb Fatjohn press conference either in Cinci nor Toronto. OK he lost early this week but made the quarters at the Canadian Open)
And that's the same for many others as you pointed out.

The only place is know for transcripts apart from the tourney sites is asap as well. :(

Chloe le Bopper
08-10-2002, 09:48 AM
I find it almost laughable that at least 3 of the semi finalists don't have ONE interview up :rolleyes:

I am not sure if Gonzalez does...

Lily
08-10-2002, 10:27 AM
...applauding Rebecca... very nice e-mail!

and yeah, where the hell are the interviews from the other players? I mean its always Andre, Andy, Andy, Andre, Andre, Andy, Chang!, Andre, Andy, Andy, Andre, Taylor!, Andre, Andy.....okay, you get the point.

Angele
08-10-2002, 02:01 PM
They finally have ONE Lleyton interview up there :rolleyes: All of Lleyton's are on the ASAP site so I shouldn't complain! Anyways great e-mail Becca... I hope they respond, just to see how they're going to dig themselves out of this hole :mad:

Dissident
08-10-2002, 02:12 PM
They wont, angele. Like they give a f**k. :rolleyes:
Idiots are idiots, you know...

Its a lot more interesting to read an Agassi interview, where he says "you know" 1092074186412 times and the same stuff all over again. And what could they possibly ask Taylor Dent???
"Hi Taylor, what do you do after the serve?" :o

Layla
08-10-2002, 02:24 PM
lol hitman :D

Excellent work, Becca! :) That e-mail is just perfect. I hope they take notice of it! How hard can it be to post interviews on the net. :rolleyes:

Angele
08-10-2002, 02:31 PM
They might respond... I've e-mailed companies and different people and always gotten a response, even if I didn't like what they told me :fiery: bastards!

Angele
08-10-2002, 03:26 PM
Good news Becca... go to www.asapsports.com and you'll find Juanqui's interview from yesterday :D

Chloe le Bopper
08-10-2002, 05:25 PM
THanks angele, it wasn't there before :fiery:

Dissident
08-10-2002, 05:30 PM
LOL, they read your email... :o
;)

Chloe le Bopper
08-10-2002, 05:31 PM
NO, I think that I was just impatient waiting for the interview :p

I'd still like to know why his win against Taylor doesn't have an interview though :rolleyes:

Or the one against Blake.

Chloe le Bopper
08-10-2002, 05:33 PM
THis was no help :rolleyes:

"Hello there, Rebecca, We post all of the transcripts provided by ASAP. The reason interviews of Ferrero or other players you may have been looking for were not posted early in the week is because the media here on site did not request them for press conferences. We receive transcripts only from those players who did official press conferences after their matches."

Chloe le Bopper
08-10-2002, 05:34 PM
I think that when players like Roddick, Dent and Blake go over to Europe, then the media there should treat them with the same ignorance that the American media treats most europeans.

Layla
08-10-2002, 05:42 PM
I noticed that some players are less likely to give interviews, especially in the first rounds. Even in Europe. Ferrero is definitely one of them. I always assumed it's because they didn't want to. The idea that the press might not be interested never occured to me. How horrible! :eek: :mad:

TennisHack
08-10-2002, 05:52 PM
Well, I'm late but I can vouch for the fact that ASAP does provide the transcripts for the interviews and unfortunately they don't interview many players during each round.

I've been hunting for a Jarkko interview (I'd be dying to ask him some questions after that Hewitt match!) and some Ferrero interviews after each of his last 3 matches. But it's the same as the pictures. Same old boring people unless someone does something amazing (Jarrko had 2 up!) or ::gasp:: WTF is a *clay courter* doing in the quarterfinals?! :rolleyes:

Dissident
08-10-2002, 05:54 PM
Oh, my! That reply you got is :eek: Becca.
:mad:

proteus
08-10-2002, 06:03 PM
You're lucky to get even that crap reply, Becca. I emailed them after they started delaying putting up the interviews for 24hrs. There's no news like stale news! I think they're composing me a great reply, since it's taking several months... :rolleyes:

Layla
08-10-2002, 06:07 PM
I remember Pavel's press conference in RG after that incredible story about driving all night. He said something like where were you yesterday, there were about 4 people there and now the room is full. I guess you need to have a baby or something not tennis related at all to be interviewed. :rolleyes:

Lily
08-10-2002, 06:26 PM
Since Agassi has so much power everywhere he goes, maybe he should tell all the reporters that he wont give interviews until all the europeans have given theirs ;)

Chloe le Bopper
08-10-2002, 10:57 PM
lol Lily - yeah right, he's too busy telling Alex Corretja to move to the next room to do that :rolleyes:

Lily
08-11-2002, 04:06 AM
lol Rebecca....omg, I know! That was unbelievable, even for Agassi.