Birthdays and Posters [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Birthdays and Posters

08-09-2006, 06:13 AM
Sometimes I look at the list of Birthdays. And since most people here are young when I see a person with an older age I go to their profiles. And when I look at their profiles they have made no posts at all :eek: I wonder if they are real :lol:

bad gambler
08-09-2006, 07:34 AM
Did this need a new thread? :confused:

08-09-2006, 08:47 AM
Well it took me weeks to get approved to be a member here and yet it appears that there are people just making up things and they get to be members. So it must have taken up someone's time to approve their membership. My point being that maybe there needs to be some changes made about membership requirements. I could have been waiting so long for my membership to be approved because there were people just playing games about membership. I wonder how many members we have here that have never posted at all?

Neely
08-09-2006, 12:51 PM
I wonder how many members we have here that have never posted at all?
If somebody is signing up for a membership it's hard to make a prediction whether this person will finally end up as a poster with 0 posts after six months, a year, ..., whatever, or if this person will become a consitent and worthy contributor. It's quite impossible to filter out these people "playing games with membership", as you called them. That's why there are so many people who have zero posts after quite a long time. Also I guess that many maybe sign up because of curiosity, because they want to enjoy some member options like viewing attachments, galleries or subscribing to threads, playing games, whatever. But not all of them finally want to start posting.

Deboogle!.
08-09-2006, 02:14 PM
Also I guess that many maybe sign up because of curiosity, because they want to enjoy some member options like viewing attachments, galleries or subscribing to threads, playing games, whatever. But not all of them finally want to start posting.that's very true, I found out that one of my friends from college likes tennis and is signed up here but she told me she just reads and has never posted :shrug:

What's considered to be an "older age?"

shotgun
08-09-2006, 02:22 PM

Same thought here. :lol:

NATAS81
08-09-2006, 03:17 PM
I thought this was about adding a section to celebrate posters' birthdays, which I would agree with.

tangerine_dream
08-09-2006, 04:45 PM
Interesting idea, Natas81.

Mae, MTF didn't always require an approval process before people could join. That was back before MTF become the elitist Tennis Club. :lol:

What's considered "old" around here anyway? :aplot:

Neely
08-09-2006, 06:46 PM
What's considered to be an "older age?"
Around 25 or older would definitely be already "older age" for MTF-terms, I guess :) I think we have lots of teenagers and people in their early 20s, but I don't know the exact numbers.

And 30/35+ year-old people are geezers in our MTF community. Well, there are a few ;) but hey, I'm only kidding :p

PinkFeatherBoa
08-10-2006, 01:33 AM
Next to Mae, everyone seems old. Let's face it.

surfpinky
08-10-2006, 01:45 AM
I <3 jenny

PinkFeatherBoa
08-10-2006, 01:50 AM
I <3 jenny

the n@ bites back. (:

Mae, why do you ask so many strange questions in here? I'm just curious. :wavey:

MissMoJo
08-10-2006, 05:46 AM
And what does this have do with birthdays? :confused:

partygirl
08-10-2006, 05:53 AM
How do people come to MTF and keep their mouths shut?

bad gambler
08-10-2006, 08:30 AM
:haha: