Trophy presentation... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Trophy presentation...

faboozadoo15
02-01-2004, 05:42 AM
since i have espn, and sportscenter is all-important, we didn't get to see the trophy presentation... so people who had the privelage, could you kinda sum it up in here please?

and not even this can make me mad... not today, at least

WyverN
02-01-2004, 05:48 AM
Both basically thanked the sponsors, the support camps, the fans, the tournament ball kids and congratulated each other.
Pretty routine speech by both players, Federer did mention how much being #1 and AO champion means so much for him and how it has fulfilled his dreams

faboozadoo15
02-01-2004, 05:48 AM
thanks! lol. (non sarcastic ;) )

Tennis Fool
02-01-2004, 05:50 AM
I listened to it on BBC. Nothing big to share, the usual speeches thanking the tournament directors, the ball boys and linesmen. Marat did admit to "running out of gas."

Fed said Marat "spent twice as much time on court" but had a great week. Fed said he was happy to be No. 1 and to win in the same stadium where he had "mixed memories because of Davis Cup".

Bubble
02-01-2004, 05:54 AM
Marat as usual the humourous one, managed to make a joke while thanking the ball boys/linespeople whom without them , he would not be able to win a point :D

Congrats to Roger
and Marat thanks for a fantastic 2 weeks,best match of the tournament for me is the semi-final between Marat and Agasst.
Hope Marat will be the 3rd time lucky in your next GS final. :angel:

Billabong
02-01-2004, 05:57 AM
lol yah both players looked happy in the presentation, it was great to see them together!

Congrats again Fed!!!

J. Corwin
02-01-2004, 06:24 AM
Thanks for the wrap-up. ESPN couldn't be bothered with showing the presentation once again. (They showed it last year, but I think it had to do with the winner ;)).

faboozadoo15
02-01-2004, 06:28 AM
they showed an abbreviated version during sports center :rolleyes:
but it seems i didn't really miss much... i just like watching rogi make acceptance speeches... and i've been denied the last 2 big ones by espn...

RogiFan88
02-01-2004, 06:32 AM
they showed an abbreviated version during sports center :rolleyes:
but it seems i didn't really miss much... i just like watching rogi make acceptance speeches... and i've been denied the last 2 big ones by espn...

me too!!! I didn't even see Rogi's ceremony fr Hamburg02... how crappy... :mad:

faboozadoo15
02-01-2004, 06:35 AM
me too!!! I didn't even see Rogi's ceremony fr Hamburg02... how crappy... :mad:
did i even get coverage of hamburg 02??? :confused:
:haha: we're talking about espn...

JeLuliA88
02-01-2004, 06:40 AM
Marat was quite funny as usual :)

jmp
02-01-2004, 02:13 PM
Thanks to all of you who gave a synopsis of the trophy presentation. ESPN really annoys me with some of the petty, wussy things they do. How hard would it have been to show us the third set of Andy/Marat, the John McEnroe interview when 15,000 people sang Happy Birthday, or the trophy presentation in Houston AND at the AO? Roger is very charming. But, they don't want the American TV audience to see that. What they aired of Houston was a disgrace!

Anyway, I'm glad Marat and Roger displayed their great personalities during the ceremony.

gmak
02-01-2004, 02:42 PM
too bad for maratski but a great start to the season :yeah: :D

i'm glad he proved his doubters wrong beating roddick and agassi back to back :worship:

also congrats to roger
he beat my 3 faves but he surely deserved it
he's playing like the world's best

JennyS
02-01-2004, 03:06 PM
ESPN was supposed to have coverage until at least 1:00 AM, so I don't understand why SportsCenter had to come on a half hour early.

tangerine_dream
02-01-2004, 06:57 PM
Marat: "psst, hey Roger. Trade you my serving platter for that ugly trophy."
Roger: "Bend over."

:D

Deboogle!.
02-01-2004, 08:01 PM

:spit: lmgdfao

faboozadoo15
02-01-2004, 08:06 PM
:haha:

(pretends to know which way that was meant to be taken...)

RogiFan88
02-01-2004, 11:11 PM
Thanks to all of you who gave a synopsis of the trophy presentation. ESPN really annoys me with some of the petty, wussy things they do. How hard would it have been to show us the third set of Andy/Marat, the John McEnroe interview when 15,000 people sang Happy Birthday, or the trophy presentation in Houston AND at the AO? Roger is very charming. But, they don't want the American TV audience to see that. What they aired of Houston was a disgrace!

Anyway, I'm glad Marat and Roger displayed their great personalities during the ceremony.

Exactly... :rolleyes: they spent more time interviewing Pandy, having Pandy spots, showing Pandy, showing us more Pandy... thank God Marat took him out... :p

J. Corwin
02-01-2004, 11:43 PM
At least the finalist gets something. ;)

Lee
02-02-2004, 02:41 AM
ESPN was supposed to have coverage until at least 1:00 AM, so I don't understand why SportsCenter had to come on a half hour early.

ESPN cut the original broadcast time for tennis from 3 to 2 1/2 hours. If the winner is an American, you bet this won't happen!

Ads
02-02-2004, 03:44 AM

;)

tangerine_dream
02-02-2004, 04:40 AM
they spent more time interviewing Pandy, having Pandy spots, showing Pandy, showing us more Pandy... thank God Marat took him out... :p

Amazing. Even when Federer wins, you guys are still bitter over Roddick. :p