They both want it bad! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

They both want it bad!

Tennis Fool
01-31-2004, 07:13 PM
Who will be most disappointed after losing the AO final? Marat or Roger? :devil:

I'm not coming here just to make a couple of good matches and to lose in like the fourth round, in the quarterfinals. People tell me I will try to play not bad, but like it little bit. I didn't come for that.

Like I said, I came here to try to win it.

You cannot just say, "I'm here to win the tournament," then you crash out in the first round and you don't know what to say. So you got to save yourself and start slowly.

I knew if it goes well and I make it to the fourth round or quarterfinals, that after that I got a chance to go all the way. But looking at the draw, there were some really tough guys around. I beat them all. Now I got the chance for the title, and I'm No. 1 in the world. I cannot ask for more right now.

Shy
01-31-2004, 07:20 PM
Neither

the cat
01-31-2004, 07:29 PM
Safin would be more dissapointed to lose in the final because he's beaten such a tough draw to make it to the final. And Federer has just become #1 on the ATP computer for the very first time. And that is a special moment for him. Let's hope Federer is happy with becoming #1 for the first time. If Federer is content with becoming #1 for the first time that would increase Safin's chances of beating Federer in the final. :)

Udachi Marat! :D

CanadianBoy18
01-31-2004, 07:31 PM
Roger.
No matter what they say, it is what they feel.
And since I don't know what they feel insid, I can only guess. I think Marat is really satisfied he got so far, he beat some good guys along the way.
Roger on the other hand wants to win another one badly I think, he knows this will secure him the #1 ranking for a while.
I hope Marat wins though, he is my second fave on the ATP tour after Magnus Norman, but I will not be dissapointed if Roger takes it.

tangerine_dream
01-31-2004, 07:37 PM
This is one of those matches were neither one will be the loser. Roger is No. 1, whether he wins or not, and he got a lot further at AO this year than he did last year. He should feel pretty good about that.

And Safin woke up one morning, yawned, decided to play tennis, and actually reached the finals of a slam after cutting a path through all the top seeds. :eek: That's nothing to be too sad about! Clearly, he'll be one of the players the other balls will always be looking over their shoulders for this year.

I fully expect a sweaty, bloody battle tonight. Can't wait. :banana:

Shy
01-31-2004, 07:46 PM
I think that both of them woke up and decide to play to their potential. It is about time.Are both of them friend since they get along well?

Conchon
01-31-2004, 07:57 PM
Of course, I don't know what they are thinking or feeling inside. However, after all the hard work Marat has put in these past two weeks, losing another final here would be tragic.
Obviously, you can tell I look at life with a glass half empty perspective. ;)

tennisIlove09
01-31-2004, 08:21 PM
I think it would be more upsetting for Roger, actually. Marat, I think, has probably out did his expectations already, so I don't think he'd be that upset with a runner up.

But I hope he wins! GO MARAT!

RoddickPride
01-31-2004, 11:12 PM
I think Marat wants it more, but I don't think he'll win, even though I want him to!

Ma. Estefania
02-01-2004, 12:11 AM
Though probably the most "logical" would be to pick Marat for his good run, etc.; but I don't know why, but I think that Roger would be more affected, he's calm, quiet, and sometimes you really don't know what's going inside them...but well, it's just my opinion.