Backhand [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Backhand

iRad
08-05-2006, 10:23 AM
I'm a newbie in Tennis and my 2H backhand is better than forehand. I just wanna ask if Its ok for me to switch to 1H backhand? my coach says that its just fine since he is using 1H Backhand. is it ok? thanks :)

Hawkman
08-05-2006, 06:59 PM
Why would it not be okay ?

Of course you can. The one-handed backhand is a dying breed but can be a lethal weapon if you can master it.

nadalito92
08-30-2006, 04:45 AM
but careful, if you are going to switch switch it for good, here this guy in my class does both, he does 2h but hes trying to learn 1h and he looks like hes dying when hitting, he misses 99.99 of the shots and after 2 rounds he goes back to 2h, 1h is cool and like hawkman says, could be deadly if you master it, i preffer 2h i think i can give more direction to my shots

Ibeat_rgrfederer
09-02-2006, 04:52 AM
I'm a newbie in Tennis and my 2H backhand is better than forehand. I just wanna ask if Its ok for me to switch to 1H backhand? my coach says that its just fine since he is using 1H Backhand. is it ok? thanks :)

This makes no sense, your back hand is a weapon (I assume since its better than your forehand) and you want to change it??????????

I will say this though, if you play someone and you are hitting winners with a onehanded backhand, which I do, it is intimidating. Not so much with a two hander.

admiralpye
09-06-2006, 02:03 PM
Was determined to play with a one-handed backhand because it is such an elegant shot, and I was managing pretty well. But when I tried the 2H backhand, there was undeniably more power to my shots and the angles I can generate are better from the baseline. It would be madness if I didn't use it.

So now I use 2H backhand most of the time and use my one-handed backhand only when stretched wide or for "emergency shots."

Solat
10-20-2006, 02:54 AM
This makes no sense, your back hand is a weapon (I assume since its better than your forehand) and you want to change it??????????

agreed, work on your FH if this is true

I will say this though, if you play someone and you are hitting winners with a onehanded backhand, which I do, it is intimidating. Not so much with a two hander.

You posted in another thread that "there is NO difference between 1H and 2H BH" so why would there be a different intimidation factor?

PTR_Professional
10-25-2006, 09:28 PM
Of course its ok to switch....but you have to ask yourself why you
want to?

You already said your double-handed backhand is better than your
forehand so why change...?

From experience, my advice is if its not broke....don`t fix it!

:)