Novak @ Rogers Cup Toronto, 7-13 August [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Novak @ Rogers Cup Toronto, 7-13 August

ezekiel
07-30-2006, 10:43 PM
Who is coming ? I'll be there early on next weekend, hopefully he is healthy and running by then :)

savesthedizzle
07-31-2006, 01:41 AM
EZEKIEL! I didn't know you were going! I'll be there!

And Nole better be if he doesn't want to get :boxing: :lol:

I'll be there Monday - Thursday.

If you are there there at any of Nole's matches you will know who I am. I fear it will be incredibly obvious.

Scotso
07-31-2006, 04:24 AM
Allez Nole! :bounce:

savesthedizzle
07-31-2006, 04:25 AM
SCOTT!

I'm sorry we stole some Phillies.

Maria_Maria
07-31-2006, 11:31 AM
I hope he'll be up and running by next week too!

I expect so much of him in the USO Series!

MilanDokic
07-31-2006, 11:49 AM
I think he will skip Toronto, but it's unofficial information!

Maria_Maria
07-31-2006, 12:04 PM
Skipping Toronto... :sad:

ezekiel
07-31-2006, 01:12 PM
EZEKIEL! I didn't know you were going! I'll be there!

And Nole better be if he doesn't want to get :boxing: :lol:

I'll be there Monday - Thursday.

If you are there there at any of Nole's matches you will know who I am. I fear it will be incredibly obvious.

I live in toronto and the stadium is near my former college so I am there . I'll be there during qualies but I am not sure which days to go to yet :wavey:

savesthedizzle
07-31-2006, 01:39 PM
SKIP TORONTO?

That's what I feared.

OMG I DON"T EVEN WANT TO GO

I have been looking forward to that all freaking year. I'm so upset.

savesthedizzle
07-31-2006, 01:40 PM
Why is it that no matter how much tennis i go to I can never see him? WHY? I'm getting so frustrated. :sad:

I go to the French Open and I don't see him that day, I go to Queens and he withdraws, I go to freaking Toronto and he withdraws.

I give up.

Maria_Maria
07-31-2006, 01:41 PM
Milan said it's not confirmed yet!

Maybe he'll recover quickly. I think it's all due to exhaustion and the temperatures in Umag and the pressure of Amersfoort.

Maria_Maria
07-31-2006, 01:43 PM
Hey, you're up early!

And giving up is not a good way to start of the day ;)

savesthedizzle
07-31-2006, 01:44 PM
Milan said it's not confirmed yet!

Maybe he'll recover quickly. I think it's all due to exhaustion and the temperatures in Umag and the pressure of Amersfoort.

Milan has never been wrong about something before.

OMG I am so upset. I have been looking forward to seeing him all year and now no Mario, no Nole, no Rafa. Why bother going?

I really don't want to go anymore. Stupid Toronto.

I think Novak just likes withdrawing from every tournament I go to. :sad:

Maria_Maria
07-31-2006, 01:46 PM
Why isn't Rafa coming?

I know that Mario injured himself in a motorcycle accident but what's with Rafa?

savesthedizzle
07-31-2006, 01:48 PM
Why isn't Rafa coming?

I know that Mario injured himself in a motorcycle accident but what's with Rafa?

Rafa has some nonsense story about wanting to prepare for the USO by only playing Cincinnati.

If Novak skips Cincinnati too, I don't think I will ever go to another tennis tournament again because I will be so discouraged. I'm staying longer at Toronto which is why I wanted him THERE. I would have been able to see two of his matches, at least.

Oh gosh, I wish something would just go right for me lately.

savesthedizzle
07-31-2006, 01:57 PM
I mean, is it too much to ask, when you go to 5 tournaments a year, two of which are MANDATORY events to get to see your favorite player? I didn't think so, but then again he times his injuries at the worst possible moments for me.

I was sobbing last night already because I had a feeling he'd skip Toronto and now that Milan says it, it's practically fact. Fuck.

Maria_Maria
07-31-2006, 02:07 PM
Can you change your plans and go to Cincinnati instead?

savesthedizzle
07-31-2006, 02:12 PM
I am going to Cincinnati but for less time, but yeah sure I could if I had thousands of dollars to waste. Tickets are nonrefundable and so are the hotels. Plus I have already requested off of work. I already can't really afford to be going to these tournaments, but it was worth it to see Nole, now I won't even get to see him AND I'm in debt over it. :bigcry:

He probably won't go to Cincinnati either if this is so bad. I won't plan to go to the USO just so he won't skip it. :sad:

Maria_Maria
07-31-2006, 02:17 PM
I'm sorry to hear this :sad:

But I'm also anxious to hear something definite and precise about his health! This situation is killing me.

But I think he's going to be fine!

:hug: Jessie

savesthedizzle
07-31-2006, 02:20 PM
I'm sorry to hear this :sad:

But I'm also anxious to hear something definite and precise about his health! This situation is killing me.

But I think he's going to be fine!

:hug: Jessie

:hug: (I hate being called Jessie though, btw. :lol: )

He may be fine, but not in time for me to see him. I mean of course I don't matter. Last summer in Montreal I was the only person watching him and of course this year he has thousands of fans and I just want to get to see him and it's never going to happen. I should stop trying.

Maria_Maria
07-31-2006, 02:26 PM
:hug: (I hate being called Jessie though, btw. :lol: )

He may be fine, but not in time for me to see him. I mean of course I don't matter. Last summer in Montreal I was the only person watching him and of course this year he has thousands of fans and I just want to get to see him and it's never going to happen. I should stop trying.

Cool! Now I can call you Jessie from time to time, just to get you to pull you hair out :devil:

savesthedizzle
07-31-2006, 02:28 PM
Cool! Now I can call you Jessie from time to time, just to get you to pull you hair out :devil:

There is no annoying nickname for your name! Not fair! :lol:

Maria_Maria
07-31-2006, 02:29 PM
There is no annoying nickname for your name! Not fair! :lol:

Exactly!

I love my name :angel:

Maria_Maria
07-31-2006, 02:31 PM
I bet your folks call you Jessie all the time :crazy:

savesthedizzle
07-31-2006, 02:36 PM
I bet your folks call you Jessie all the time :crazy:

Nope :) They've already learned their lesson :boxing: :armed:

ezekiel
07-31-2006, 02:47 PM
I am not jumping to conclusion yet so I am still positivie he will come, he has about 5 days to recover which should be enough for exhaustion and sore muscles.

savesthedizzle
07-31-2006, 02:48 PM
I am not jumping to conclusion yet so I am still positivie he will come, he has about 5 days to recover which should be enough for exhaustion and sore muscles.

Milan has never been wrong about something like this. Never. He talks to the Djokovics regularly, so even if it's not official, I have to believe he knows a little something.

Natasha250688
07-31-2006, 03:11 PM
31/07/2006 | Izvor: B92, Beta
"Đoković premoren, sledi odmor"
Reuters

Srpski teniser Novak Đoković nije povređen, već je samo iscrpljen stalnim igranjem, zbog čega će se odmarati cele ove nedelje, rekao je agenciji Beta igračev otac Srđan.

"Sve je u redu, nema povrede, samo je u pitanju fizički i psihički premor. Sve je to prirodno i normalno, Novak je jako mlad i nikada u karijeri nije igrao turnire iz nedele u nedelju i nije navikao na takve napore", rekao je Srdjan Đoković.

Srpski teniser predao je sinoć finale turnira u Umagu Švajcarcu Stanislasu Vavrinki zbog, kako je navedeno, problema sa disanjem. Ranije tokom turnira Djoković je imao problema i sa ramenom.

"To rame je isto posledica napora. On je od četvrtfinala igrao sa tim bolovima i na kraju se sve skupilo. Imaće samo laku terapiju za rame, ali će se ove nedelje dobro odmoriti pre nastavka igranja", rekao je Srdjan Djoković.

His father says that he's not injured, just exhausted and that he will rest this weak before he continues to play. He'll also have light therapy for his shoulder. He says nothing about skipping next week. :)

savesthedizzle
07-31-2006, 03:19 PM
Srdjan, please don't play games with my heart. I hope he really is only resting THIS week. :)

Thanks Natasha.

:kiss: for Papa Djokovic giving an interview.

savesthedizzle
07-31-2006, 03:24 PM
He says nothing about skipping this week though, but he also doesn't flat out say, "Novak will resume play in Toronto." I just need to hear THAT before I feel any better.

Natasha250688
07-31-2006, 03:32 PM
Well they're probably not sure yet. It's only Monday, they have to wait and see whether 1 week will be enough for him to recover.

savesthedizzle
07-31-2006, 03:37 PM
Well they're probably not sure yet. It's only Monday, they have to wait and see whether 1 week will be enough for him to recover.

He'll probably still withdraw then, like Milan said.

TMJordan
07-31-2006, 06:23 PM
I sure hope Nole is here at the Rogers cup, he is one of the main guys I want to see...Hopefully he has a nice week to lay back and relax and then he will be ready for the US Hard Court season! I think he will gain alot of North American fans, please Nole come to Toronto!

ezekiel
07-31-2006, 10:55 PM
Milan has never been wrong about something like this. Never. He talks to the Djokovics regularly, so even if it's not official, I have to believe he knows a little something.

there is always a first time and in this case I'll believe it when I see it. This is a major tourney still .

Scotso
08-01-2006, 08:25 AM
Hopefully he'll be fine and be able to play in Toronto.

Scotso
08-01-2006, 08:25 AM
SCOTT!

I'm sorry we stole some Phillies.

Eh, you can have those. :p

savesthedizzle
08-02-2006, 12:24 AM
:bounce:

So whether Nole is there or not, does anyone want to meet up who is going? :bounce:

Scotso
08-02-2006, 04:42 AM
No news on Nole? :(

savesthedizzle
08-02-2006, 04:44 AM
No news on Nole? :(

No news is good news in my book ;)

Maria_Maria
08-02-2006, 09:30 AM
There's no definite news yet. But I expect Milan will tell us something today or tomorrow!

MilanDokic
08-02-2006, 12:25 PM
Official information:

Nole is in Belgrade right now, he won't play Toronto, Cincinnati is going to play 100%!

Maria_Maria
08-02-2006, 12:38 PM
Jess is not going to like this piece of news :sad:

savesthedizzle
08-02-2006, 02:43 PM
Official information:

Nole is in Belgrade right now, he won't play Toronto, Cincinnati is going to play 100%!

Can you tell him that he has just made his biggest fan the most unhappy girl in the universe? Thanks.

:fiery:

savesthedizzle
08-02-2006, 02:43 PM
This signature is effing pointless.

savesthedizzle
08-02-2006, 02:47 PM
EVERY SINGLE TIME I BUY TICKETS TO SOMETHING HE PULLS OUT. He has cost me soooooo much money this year because I want to go see him somewhere and he doesnt go.

Watch, he'll pull out of Cincinnati. He says it's 100% now, but he won't be there, because I will be.

Saumon
08-02-2006, 03:02 PM
Can you tell him that he has just made his biggest fan the most unhappy girl in the universe? Thanks.

:fiery:
I'm so very sorry for you :awww: :hug:

savesthedizzle
08-02-2006, 03:10 PM
I'm so very sorry for you :awww: :hug:

Thanks.

Now seriously I don't want to hear that Novak is resting. Tell me his arm still hurts. I am not taking rest as an excuse.

Scotso
08-02-2006, 06:54 PM
Jess, I'm sure if he felt he could play he would. Isn't it better for him to miss Toronto than miss the rest of the year and maybe next year? He's young and hurting himself badly now would be bad.

Hopefully he wins Cincinnati and the USO to make up for it :D

savesthedizzle
08-02-2006, 06:59 PM
Jess, I'm sure if he felt he could play he would. Isn't it better for him to miss Toronto than miss the rest of the year and maybe next year? He's young and hurting himself badly now would be bad.

Hopefully he wins Cincinnati and the USO to make up for it :D

He won't even go to Cincinnati. I bet. I don't have tickets to the USO yet, so it's possible he'll still play that. I won't go this year to ensure that he plays. I am never going to get to see him play. I'm bad luck it seems.

If his arm injury was THAT bad he would have just withdrawn immediately. Instead he waited until halfway through the week to get my hopes up.

Well I give up. I am never going to another tournament again because no matter now many I go to I'll never get a chance to cheer him on in person.

savesthedizzle
08-02-2006, 08:34 PM
I was just talking to Milan and it seems Novak's injury is not serious. He just wants to relax.

He doesn't play much in North America. It is so much nicer to be a European fan, as you seem to be the only ones who get to see him.

TMJordan
08-02-2006, 11:26 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Novak Dj
08-03-2006, 10:43 AM
Nole was yesterday on football match Crvena Zvezda (Red Star) - Kork City. I think he`ll be already in Canada if he wants to play there so Nole`s chances to play there are close to zero...

savesthedizzle
08-03-2006, 01:19 PM
Nole was yesterday on football match Crvena Zvezda (Red Star) - Kork City. I think he`ll be already in Canada if he wants to play there so Nole`s chances to play there are close to zero...

He's already withdrawn from Toronto yesterday. :wavey:

Maria_Maria
08-03-2006, 02:33 PM
But I sure hope Red Star won! I'll go check!

MilanDokic
08-03-2006, 04:30 PM
Red Star won 3:0!

Next Wednesday against big Italian FC - Milan!

Bagelicious
08-03-2006, 07:58 PM
Booo.... so he really isn't coming then.

savesthedizzle
08-03-2006, 09:45 PM
Booo.... so he really isn't coming then.

Nope :sad:

But I am. And I am about 50x cooler than he is.

TMJordan
08-03-2006, 11:41 PM
Nope :sad:

But I am. And I am about 50x cooler than he is.

Dont worry! Blake and Nadal will be ther!...not to mention Roger will be ther..still gonna be a great tournement! I cant wait!

savesthedizzle
08-04-2006, 12:00 AM
Dont worry! Blake and Nadal will be ther!...not to mention Roger will be ther..still gonna be a great tournement! I cant wait!

If one were fans of Blake or Federer, that would be more appealing ;) :lol: Rafa is :yeah: though :p

ezekiel
08-04-2006, 12:02 AM
that's too bad as I was coming but now I am rethinking what to do.

TMJordan
08-04-2006, 12:15 AM
If one were fans of Blake or Federer, that would be more appealing ;) :lol: Rafa is :yeah: though :p

Gotta respect Roger, he is the master.

James on American harcourts is truly awesome, I sure hope he beats Safin tonight!

With Nole not coming to Toronto who do you think wins it?

Im gonna say Rafa...but Roger will probaly win.

Chloe le Bopper
08-04-2006, 12:41 AM
Is Rafa playing??

Pity about Novak, but I'll live.

Unless Tursunov is also not coming.

savesthedizzle
08-04-2006, 12:49 AM
Is Rafa playing??

Pity about Novak, but I'll live.

Unless Tursunov is also not coming.

You may live, but I won't. :sad:

JustDoIt
08-05-2006, 02:52 PM
But why ? :(

savesthedizzle
08-05-2006, 06:53 PM
But why ? :(

He is relaxing, he will be back in Cincinnati. Amersfoort and Umag were both physically and emotionally draining.

His shoulder is not a serious concern.

TMJordan
08-05-2006, 11:34 PM
He is relaxing, he will be back in Cincinnati. Amersfoort and Umag were both physically and emotionally draining.

His shoulder is not a serious concern.

When you think about it he is kinda acting like a baby he should come to Toronto and improve his rankings, think about it...for example, Turnosuv played in the finals in Los Angelas last week and is in the semis tonight, he may be in the finals if he beats Murray(hopefully not) and he will be in Toronto come monday...or tuesday, and not to mention he has also been playing in doubles action this week, I wish Nole would just suck it up and come to Toronto so we can see him on North American grounds...I mean he is only 19 so he shouldnt be that tired.

Oh well.

savesthedizzle
08-05-2006, 11:50 PM
When you think about it he is kinda acting like a baby he should come to Toronto and improve his rankings, think about it...for example, Turnosuv played in the finals in Los Angelas last week and is in the semis tonight, he may be in the finals if he beats Murray(hopefully not) and he will be in Toronto come monday...or tuesday, and not to mention he has also been playing in doubles action this week, I wish Nole would just suck it up and come to Toronto so we can see him on North American grounds...I mean he is only 19 so he shouldnt be that tired.

Oh well.

Novak's fitness continues to be an issue, coupled with this breathing issue he's just not fit enough to play every week. Winning his first tournament took a lot out of him emotionally at Umag I think.

Believe me, I think one week of rest should have been enough if the injury is not a problem, but I have to believe Novak here that he wasn't able to play this week. I mean, he's missing out on a mandatory tournament, that's not a decision he took lightly no matter how stupid I think it was. :) I just wonder what BS reason he told Toronto...