The "Drama Queen" in an "almost" Germany City - W & S F. G. Masters Aug. 14 -20, 2006 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The "Drama Queen" in an "almost" Germany City - W & S F. G. Masters Aug. 14 -20, 2006

07-30-2006, 01:04 AM
:lol: I probably confused some posters with this Thread Title. But the city that the Tournament is played in is Cincinnati. And the city was first settled by people from Germany. Again all the top players are lined up for this Tournament since it is a Masters.

Neely
07-30-2006, 03:25 PM
lol nice, thanks to Mae, we already have the thread for the second next tournament *g*

07-30-2006, 04:46 PM
lol nice, thanks to Mae, we already have the thread for the second next tournament *g*
:lol: I know I'm getting ahead of things, but since we seem to do a lot of waiting for Tommy to be playing--I thought I would have the threads up so we will know what Tournaments he is in :D I guess I should put in the dates.
The thread title space seems limited, but I guess I could at least put the time in the first post :)

Alexiana
07-30-2006, 04:58 PM
that's cause Tommys forum is really busy compared to some others :lol: we just can't wait ;)

07-30-2006, 05:02 PM
that's cause Tommys forum is really busy compared to some others :lol: we just can't wait ;)
I know some players' Forums seem to have a lot of blank time going by in them. It's a while between posts. We never have to worry about that here :D

<Eve>
07-31-2006, 11:10 AM
:lol: I know I'm getting ahead of things, but since we seem to do a lot of waiting for Tommy to be playing--I thought I would have the threads up so we will know what Tournaments he is in :D I guess I should put in the dates.
The thread title space seems limited, but I guess I could at least put the time in the first post :) :D :D could you please do that?? i came to the forum and there were all those new threads and all the oldies and i was so confused!! and still am! what is the next match? when? aaaahhh :confused: i dont get it anymore!! :lol:

08-01-2006, 12:57 AM
:D :D could you please do that?? i came to the forum and there were all those new threads and all the oldies and i was so confused!! and still am! what is the next match? when? aaaahhh :confused: i dont get it anymore!! :lol:
OOOPS Tommy Girl sorry I don't want to confuse anyone. But the thread title space can be small. But if I can't get the dates in the thread title I will put the dates in the first Post of the Thread. Will that be alright with you?

<Eve>
08-01-2006, 09:50 AM
OOOPS Tommy Girl sorry I don't want to confuse anyone. But the thread title space can be small. But if I can't get the dates in the thread title I will put the dates in the first Post of the Thread. Will that be alright with you? :yeah: now it's absolutely clear!! :D :D thanks!

08-01-2006, 05:21 PM
:yeah: now it's absolutely clear!! :D :D thanks!
You're welcome :D And actually there was more room on the thread title line than I thought. So I could get the dates up with the Tournaments which is actually the way I like it myself :) After all we must keep track of Tommy :drool:

08-01-2006, 05:38 PM
:yeah: now it's absolutely clear!! :D :D thanks!
:lol: Thanks for telling me "it's absolutely clear" because I looked at the thread titles and realized they weren't clear at all because they were backwards :rolls: Tommy is in Canada first! I think Tommy's 3rd Title got me too excited
:crazy: But it is correct now--I promise :D

<Eve>
08-01-2006, 11:50 PM
:lol: Thanks for telling me "it's absolutely clear" because I looked at the thread titles and realized they weren't clear at all because they were backwards :rolls: Tommy is in Canada first! I think Tommy's 3rd Title got me too excited
:crazy: But it is correct now--I promise :D :p anyone can make a mistake, you're forgiven :angel:

08-02-2006, 05:00 AM
:p anyone can make a mistake, you're forgiven :angel:
Thanks :angel: You see what Tommy Matches and Titles do to me :eek: I was a nervous wreck trying to watch that Final and when Tommy lost that 1st Set I thought oh no :rolleyes: But Tommy came back and really played well :D

<Eve>
08-02-2006, 11:39 PM
tommy is the best!!!! :woohoo: :hearts:

08-03-2006, 05:16 AM
tommy is the best!!!! :woohoo: :hearts:
Well he may not be ranked the World's Best Tennis Player, but I would have to rank him as the World's Best Looking Tennis Player :hearts: :devil:

yumo
08-10-2006, 07:31 AM
http://www.tennis.com.cn/bbs/uploadFiles/2006-08/10_3592448_1.jpg

08-10-2006, 11:55 AM
Thanks again yumo :) You always have all the information :D Well I hope Tommy can get a good draw :fiery: and get his act together for this Tournament. All he has to do is win the 1st Round and he will already be earning points. But his coach had better calm Tommy down quickly :smash:

TommyB.
08-11-2006, 10:09 AM
I bet on a draw near to Roger and Tursunov! :rolleyes:

Let's hope that Hogstedt will be there too. Tommy needs him (not an umpire) to shout and yell. ;)

08-11-2006, 01:09 PM
I bet on a draw near to Roger and Tursunov! :rolleyes:

Let's hope that Hogstedt will be there too. Tommy needs him (not an umpire) to shout and yell. ;)
Well in L.A. the commentators were talking about how Tommy would yell at his old Coach, but they said Hogstedt
wouldn't put up with that from Tommy. I wonder what he said to Tommy about the Match in Canada :eek: But if it keeps Tommy happier and calmer to have his Coach there I also hope he is there :D I also have a vision of the same draw that you do :scared:

TommyB.
08-11-2006, 03:29 PM
Well in L.A. the commentators were talking about how Tommy would yell at his old Coach, but they said Hogstedt
wouldn't put up with that from Tommy. I wonder what he said to Tommy about the Match in Canada :eek: But if it keeps Tommy happier and calmer to have his Coach there I also hope he is there :D I also have a vision of the same draw that you do :scared:

He needs a coach on court! I think this is important for his play. L.A. was an good example...Tommy had looked (and yell sometimes ;) ) at Hogstedt all the time. Oh and Sandy was there too! :lol:

Alexiana
08-11-2006, 05:53 PM
He needs a coach on court! I think this is important for his play. L.A. was an good example...Tommy had looked (and yell sometimes ;) ) at Hogstedt all the time. Oh and Sandy was there too! :lol:

I hope he didn't yell at her :lol:

08-11-2006, 10:27 PM
Again yumo thanks for the information :) And now if Tommy can get a decent draw (dream on) and if he can keep himself under control :unsure: he may pick up some more points here! It's a shame about Tommy because he defeats himself as much if not more than other players defeat him :sad:

TommyB.
08-12-2006, 12:11 AM
(1) Federer v Srichaphan
Murray v Henman
Grosjean v Tursunov
Mathieu v (16) Ginepri

(9) Roddick v Bracciali
Q v Vliegen
Q v Q
Chela v (6) Davydenko

(3) Nalbandian v Q
Wawrinka v Acasuso
Fish v Q
Massu v (13) Gonzalez

(10) Ferrer v Moya
Martin v Almagro
Monfils v Safin
T. Johansson v (8) Baghdatis

(7) Robredo v Gasquet
Mirnyi v Malisse
Serra v Benneteau
Djokovic v (12) Nieminen

(18) Hrbaty v Goldstein
Q v Q
Youzhny v Phau
Rusedski v (4) Ljubicic

(6) Blake v Santoro
Bjorkman v Ferrero
Coria v Lopez
Soderling v (11) Berdych

(14) Haas v Verdasco
Agassi v Simon
Q v Clement
Querrey v (2) Nadal

Hmm another tough draw! Okay no Roger but he's near Nadal. :shrug: Fortunately Tommy is not #16 here. :lol:

CarstenL01
08-12-2006, 12:23 AM
great.... I think the Drawmakers hate Tommy and Tommy's Fans :rolleyes:

at least it's not Federer again....

08-12-2006, 04:31 AM
great.... I think the Drawmakers hate Tommy and Tommy's Fans :rolleyes:

at least it's not Federer again....
Well Nadal went down in Canada and while he plays on hard courts much much better than he used to--hard courts aren't his true strength. So on HC if it's between Federer or Nadal I would take Nadal any day :D

08-12-2006, 04:37 AM
:lol: Everytime they would show Hogstedt in L.A. he would be turning his head away from Tommy as if to say " I don't want to hear it-- go ahead and play tennis". Was Tommy alone in Canada? Was Sandy not there either? Our Tommy Baby definitely needs Company when he plays--and oh I would love to be there :devil:

TommyB.
08-12-2006, 02:40 PM
: Was Tommy alone in Canada? Was Sandy not there either? Our Tommy Baby definitely needs Company when he plays--and oh I would love to be there :devil:

I don't know if Sandy was there too. Coach Hogi stay at the WTA tournament in Stockholm as commentator. Yes let's hope that his company will be back soon! ;)

08-12-2006, 03:09 PM
I don't know if Sandy was there too. Coach Hogi stay at the WTA tournament in Stockholm as commentator. Yes let's hope that his company will be back soon! ;)
They had better be because I don't want Tommy to have a total meltdown in this Tournament :eek: He needs to be trying to pick up points :rolleyes: Please Tommy :angel:

TommyB.
08-15-2006, 05:37 PM
Tommy def. Verdasco 6:3 6:4 :clap2:

He served very well...only one critical service game. A nice beginning! :)

08-15-2006, 07:13 PM
Tommy def. Verdasco 6:3 6:4 :clap2:

He served very well...only one critical service game. A nice beginning! :)
:woohoo: Now lets just hope he can keep it together and win some more :D

TommyB.
08-15-2006, 09:18 PM
:woohoo: Now lets just hope he can keep it together and win some more :D

Hopefully! :) Next opponent is Frenchman Gilles Simon...Tommy beat him in Halle this year but it was on grass. ;)

Alexiana
08-15-2006, 09:55 PM
Hopefully! :) Next opponent is Frenchman Gilles Simon...Tommy beat him in Halle this year but it was on grass. ;)

I don't wanna be to enthusiastic again, but I think it's not impossible, that he will beat him ;)

08-16-2006, 05:31 AM
The only things I know about Simon is what I was told in this thread. That
he is a Frenchman :scared: And that Tommy beat him in Halle :) I'm going to try to do some research on him. I do hope Tommy can beat him and not go out in the 2nd Round yet again :rolleyes: Please Tommy keep it together :angel:

08-16-2006, 06:08 AM
Well after my research this Match should be so easy for Tommy that he shouldn't even know he played a tennis Match. But with Tommy being Tommy, I stay :scared: Auf geht's Tommy please :D :angel:

08-16-2006, 06:10 PM
Tommy won :woohoo: However, he will now play Nadal :scared: At least it is on hard court and not clay. Plus Nadal hadn't been playing well, but he did have an easy win today. As I said I would rather have him facing Nadal rather than Federer :) But Federer has been playing just well enough to win himself :eek:

TommyB.
08-16-2006, 06:25 PM
Hmm a tough match today but Tommy survives. :) He led 6:4 3:1 and then i thought our "Drama Queen" is back. :D

Well now against Rafa Nadal. I'm not very optimistic but do your best Tommy!! :fiery:

08-16-2006, 06:44 PM
Hmm a tough match today but Tommy survives. :) He led 6:4 3:1 and then i thought our "Drama Queen" is back. :D

Well now against Rafa Nadal. I'm not very optimistic but do your best Tommy!! :fiery:
Are you kidding? He had a tough match today? That guy is was playing had played some ATP Tournaments, but he had also played some CH Tournaments :eek: If he had a tough Match today, Nadal will probably blow him off the court :sad:

atheneglaukopis
08-16-2006, 09:25 PM
The one time Tommy could have been drawn next to Federer he's not. Such is luck. Maybe he can still beat Nadal, although I feel his mental toughness may see him through.

Alexiana
08-16-2006, 09:49 PM
Fed lost :bigclap: Tommy didn't :lol: My day is saved :devil:

08-16-2006, 09:51 PM
The one time Tommy could have been drawn next to Federer he's not. Such is luck. Maybe he can still beat Nadal, although I feel his mental toughness may see him through.
I'm in DENIAL :rolleyes: The one time Tommy needed to be close to Federer he wasn't :fiery: And I don't think our "Drama Queen" can take out Nadal. Not if he plays like he did today anyway. I just heard that Tommy won and was happy :) But then I saw the score and that was a terrible score against someone like Simon :eek: Can miracles happen two days in a row? Maybe :angel:

Alexiana
08-16-2006, 10:00 PM
I'm in DENIAL :rolleyes: The one time Tommy needed to be close to Federer he wasn't :fiery: And I don't think our "Drama Queen" can take out Nadal. Not if he plays like he did today anyway. I just heard that Tommy won and was happy :) But then I saw the score and that was a terrible score against someone like Simon :eek: Can miracles happen two days in a row? Maybe :angel:

the bad thing is that he was already leading with a break in the second and got broken right before he should end the match.....typical. I think it makes no difference now. He can win against Nadal or he loses. But thats the game and you can't change that. He could also have a bad loss against Murray ;) So you can turn that around and come to the end, that Tommy must get his ass up and play his best to reach the next round ;)

atheneglaukopis
08-16-2006, 10:13 PM
I could be wrong, but from looking at Judio's thread I think Tommy's already guaranteed himself a top 16 seeding at the USO, which should help with his draw.

TommyB.
08-16-2006, 10:24 PM
Are you kidding? He had a tough match today? That guy is was playing had played some ATP Tournaments, but he had also played some CH Tournaments :eek: If he had a tough Match today, Nadal will probably blow him off the court :sad:

No kidding! ;) It was a tough match for Tommy, because he had some problems with Simon today. I think you misunterstand me a little bit. :) But don't underrate guys like Mahut or Simon.

And of course...he must play his best tennis to beat Nadal!

08-17-2006, 05:49 AM
No kidding! ;) It was a tough match for Tommy, because he had some problems with Simon today. I think you misunterstand me a little bit. :) But don't underrate guys like Mahut or Simon.

And of course...he must play his best tennis to beat Nadal!
As I said can miracles happen two days in a row? I wish :angel: But in this case I don't believe it :sad: But I would really be happy for Tommy to prove me wrong :D But at least he has picked up some points anyway :)

atheneglaukopis
08-17-2006, 01:37 PM
All right, if I've done my math correctly, for Tommy to be out of the top 16, he would have to lose early and Hrbaty would have to win the tournament and either Roddick would have to make the semis (at least) or Murray would have to make the final. I'm actually not sure what would happen if it were Murray, because then they would be tied for points, and I don't know who would win that.

Therefore, I hope you filled out your Cincy brackets with Hrbaty beating Roddick in the final, because that's how Tommy's luck works. :lol:

Yappa
08-17-2006, 02:05 PM
Kick Nadals ass, Tommy!

Jogy
08-17-2006, 03:45 PM
I hope Tommy can win, but I think Nadal is a bit too strong maybe. But if Nadal not playing good like last week, there is good chance for Tommy! :)

atheneglaukopis
08-17-2006, 06:04 PM
Tommy's bad luck has already kicked in! He lost the coin toss, lol.

08-17-2006, 06:40 PM
Tommy's bad luck has already kicked in! He lost the coin toss, lol.
And he was broken in the 1st game :rolleyes: What gets me is his Coach isn't even there in this Tournament! He wasn't with Tommy in Canada either. What kind of a Coach is that? Pam Shiver (not sure I spelled her last name right), but she was a WTA player and now sits in the court area and comments from there. She has already asked without his Coach who is Tommy going to yell at? She said since she was sitting 10 feet from his chair she would be glad to fill that role. Pat Mac asked her if Tommy was going to yell in German and Pam said I hope not because
and she said a phase in German and said that was all the German she knew. Since I don't know any German either I have no idea what she said :lol: But TommyB and I had posted about how important it is for Tommy to have his Coach with him and now two Tournaments in a row he has not been there! I don't think Tommy's Coach not being at the Tournament is going to change the outcome in this Match with Nadal because I expect Nadal to win. Still I think his Coach should be with him! Nadal's Uncle Tony, his main Coach, isn't there either, but someone else (I forget the name) is filling in for Uncle Tony. But there is no one to fill the place of a Coach for Tommy :sad:

atheneglaukopis
08-17-2006, 07:29 PM
His foot is getting treatment for the second time.

TommyB.
08-17-2006, 08:15 PM
Damn Tommy lost! :sad: Any problems with his foot?

And there was no Hogstedt again. :rolleyes:

atheneglaukopis
08-17-2006, 08:26 PM
There was some hard skin on his left foot creating pressure that the trainer scraped off the first time, and the second time he said he had no feeling in part of his foot, and it wasn't that he was taped too tightly. The trainer said it was a nerve problem that could be located anywhere between the knee and toe, but then my stream froze so I didn't see how he was treated for it.

08-17-2006, 09:43 PM
There was some hard skin on his left foot creating pressure that the trainer scraped off the first time, and the second time he said he had no feeling in part of his foot, and it wasn't that he was taped too tightly. The trainer said it was a nerve problem that could be located anywhere between the knee and toe, but then my stream froze so I didn't see how he was treated for it.
I was watching it on TV. And Tommy seemed to be moving well so I think the foot is alright. But what bothered me is at the last part of the Match maybe a point or two from the end of the Match, between a point Tommy was moving his right shoulder around like it was getting tight/stiff on him :eek: I hope that isn't the case. And he didn't get blown away by Nadal. So all things considered I'm not displeased with the way Tommy played :) I just wish he hadn't had that meltdown in Canada so he could have had points from two Matches there. But as we say that is Tommy being Tommy :D

TommyB.
08-18-2006, 10:00 AM
I'm glad that there is no injury at least. :)

Well Tommy played a good match yesterday...he had some chances to win the first set. It's a pity that he met Nadal in R16 already. :(

But okay i think he's ready for New York. Come on! ;)

<Eve>
08-18-2006, 06:24 PM
:( too bad!! im having holiday so not into tennis lately!! :o

come on tommy! good luck in new york!!! :yeah:

08-18-2006, 07:53 PM
:( too bad!! im having holiday so not into tennis lately!! :o

come on tommy! good luck in new york!!! :yeah:
I had wondered where you were? I hope you are having a great holiday :) We look forward to having you back :D

08-18-2006, 08:24 PM
Well JCF did what Tommy couldn't do--knock Nadal out of the Tournament :eek: Nadal and Federer both knocked out of one Tournament. I'm in shock :eek: This Cincy Tournament has been very strange :scared:

Jogy
08-19-2006, 03:20 PM
Well JCF did what Tommy couldn't do--knock Nadal out of the Tournament :eek: Nadal and Federer both knocked out of one Tournament. I'm in shock :eek: This Cincy Tournament has been very strange :scared:
And bad thing is that makes me sad because when Federer knocked out, Tommy can win tournament and had good chance for it :sad:

I think Nadal was not 100% on hardcourt so far. So a bit sad Tommy could not beat him when Ferrero can do (who is two classes under Tommy since his strong times years ago).