Tommy's Trip to Canada - Rogers Cup Aug. 7 -13, 2006 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Tommy's Trip to Canada - Rogers Cup Aug. 7 -13, 2006

07-29-2006, 06:14 AM
This is the next Tournament Tommy is scheduled to be in.
And as of now all the top players will be there. I have heard Nadal might not play :unsure: I really wish Tommy were going to D.C. But I guess Tommy can't be everywhere :lol:

Alexiana
07-29-2006, 02:37 PM
It's a Masters Series event so he can gain a lot of point here if he wins some matches :D

07-29-2006, 05:21 PM
It's a Masters Series event so he can gain a lot of point here if he wins some matches :D
It's the word "if" that bothers me :sad: :rolleyes:

Alexiana
07-30-2006, 01:27 PM
It's the word "if" that bothers me :sad: :rolleyes:

but it's necessary to say ;)

07-30-2006, 04:38 PM
but it's necessary to say ;)
How about saying "when" Tommy wins some Matches ;)

Alexiana
07-30-2006, 04:57 PM
How about saying "when" Tommy wins some Matches ;)

ok, I could agree with that ;)

07-30-2006, 05:05 PM
ok, I could agree with that ;)
:yeah: The reason I wanted him to go to D.C. is because the field is weaker there, however, the weak field didn't help Tommy any in Indy :mad: :sad:

TommyB.
07-31-2006, 10:17 AM
I think it was better to play Indy and LA...now Tommy has enough time to prepare for the tough Masters-Series where he can pick some points! ;)

Let's hope he will be seeded next week. :unsure:

<Eve>
07-31-2006, 11:08 AM
it's good he's playing the masters! you know, why pick a weak field.. it's good to have matches against other good players!! and WHEN he wins matches, he'll gain a lot of points ;) :lol:

08-01-2006, 12:38 AM
it's good he's playing the masters! you know, why pick a weak field.. it's good to have matches against other good players!! and WHEN he wins matches, he'll gain a lot of points ;) :lol:
I like the word WHEN :D

08-01-2006, 05:32 PM
:lol: I put the dates of the Tournaments up to try and help everybody, but I had the dates backwards :eek: Tommy is in Canada first! I guess I was still a little excited about Tommy's win :rolls: The dates are correct now--I promise :D

<Eve>
08-01-2006, 11:49 PM
:lol: I put the dates of the Tournaments up to try and help everybody, but I had the dates backwards :eek: Tommy is in Canada first! I guess I was still a little excited about Tommy's win :rolls: The dates are correct now--I promise :D :eek: :eek: :eek: are you serious about your mistake!?
:lol: :haha: :haha: :lol: :help:
tnx for making it right now hahahaha

08-02-2006, 05:05 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: are you serious about your mistake!?
:lol: :haha: :haha: :lol: :help:
tnx for making it right now hahahaha
:lol: Yes I had them backwards :haha: And it was only your quote about everything being clear that got me to look at those thread titles again and nothing was clear :rolleyes: However, everything is right now :D And this is the Tournament we are now waiting for Tommy to play in ;)

yumo
08-03-2006, 10:14 AM
http://www.tennis.com.cn/bbs/uploadFiles/2006-08/3_3545426_1.jpg

08-03-2006, 05:46 PM
Thanks yumo for Tommy's past history at the Roger's Cup. Since he didn't play here last year, I guess any points he picks up at all will help him :unsure:

Alexiana
08-03-2006, 08:45 PM
Thanks yumo for Tommy's past history at the Roger's Cup. Since he didn't play here last year, I guess any points he picks up at all will help him :unsure:

everything he does from now on will give him points cause last year he sucked at this time of the year.... ;)

08-04-2006, 06:38 AM
everything he does from now on will give him points cause last year he sucked at this time of the year.... ;)
:haha: :haha: :haha: Who would have thought that it could be good to "suck" :lol:

TommyB.
08-04-2006, 09:47 AM
An article about Tommy on the official website :) :

"Tommy's Back

August 2, 2006 - If Tommy Haas finds himself facing a one-set deficit while in action during the Rogers Cup presented by American Express, forgive him for failing to become particularly overwhelmed. After all, Haas has made a career out of proving doubters wrong and shining when the odds are stacked against him.

In 2002, Haas enjoyed a run to the semifinals of the Rogers, defeating Pete Sampras en route. It was that same year in which the German superstar ascended to a career-high No. 2 world ranking on the strength of a final four showing at the Australian Open.

However, injuries took their tool in the following years and led to a freefall for the charismatic 28-year old best known for his trademark backwards hat and lethal backhand. Haas fell to No. 1086 in the world after missing the entire 2003 season with right shoulder troubles.

The classic comeback story has played out in movies and on television time and time again, yet it was Haas who actually lived it when he returned to the ATP Tour just a year after his injury. His return saw him catapult 1,069 spots in the rankings to No. 17 by the end of 2004.

His comeback has included five of his ten career titles and wins over imposing opposition such as Andre Agassi, Andy Roddick, and David Nalbandian.

One would be tempted to call this a fairytale ending, if not for the fact that for Hass, this is far from the end. He is still hungry for that elusive first Grand Slam title and has demonstrated the potential to reach that much-coveted plateau.

He is eager to write the next chapter and will begin to do so once he descends upon the Rexall Centre for the 2006 Rogers Cup presented by American Express, taking place August 5-13, 2006."

08-04-2006, 05:17 PM
Great article :) Thanks TommyB :D And now if we could just get rid of Roger :p

~*BGT*~
08-05-2006, 04:23 AM

I was gonna ask what his results were from last year when lo and behold, the gids sent me this beautiful spreadsheet, displaying not only last year's results, but all of his results in Canada. Lucky me! :)

~*BGT*~
08-05-2006, 04:25 AM
Wow, I didn't know Tommy fell out of the top 1000! Snaps to the Pretty Boy!

08-05-2006, 08:31 AM
I was gonna ask what his results were from last year when lo and behold, the gids sent me this beautiful spreadsheet, displaying not only last year's results, but all of his results in Canada. Lucky me! :)
yumo is very good at providing us with information from Tournaments that Tommy has played in the past :) She also provides some great pictures :D BTW it is nice to have you in Tommy's Forum welcome :wavey:

08-05-2006, 08:35 AM
Wow, I didn't know Tommy fell out of the top 1000! Snaps to the Pretty Boy!
Yes he had two shoulder surgeries and was off the Tour. I honestly never believed he would even make it back on Tour. But now he is not only back--he is winning :D

Alexiana
08-05-2006, 11:25 AM
Yes he had two shoulder surgeries and was off the Tour. I honestly never believed he would even make it back on Tour. But now he is not only back--he is winning :D

I knew (or hoped) his time would still be to come :angel:

yumo
08-05-2006, 02:16 PM
yumo is very good at providing us with information from Tournaments that Tommy has played in the past :) She also provides some great pictures :D BTW it is nice to have you in Tommy's Forum welcome :wavey:
;)

08-05-2006, 07:49 PM
;)
:hug:

robinhood
08-05-2006, 09:05 PM
What does Tommy have to do to get away from Federer in the draw??? :toothy:

TommyB.
08-05-2006, 09:07 PM
This draw sucks again! :mad:

FEDERER, Roger (1) vs MATHIEU, Paul-Henri
SERRA, Florent vs GROSJEAN, Sebastien
BRACCIALI, Daniele vs TURSUNOV, Dmitry
MIRNYI, Max vs HAAS, Tommy (16)

HEWITT, Lleyton (11) vs CHELA, Juan Ignacio
LOPEZ, Feliciano vs JOHANSSON, Thomas
SIMON, Gilles vs SRICHAPHAN, Paradorn
MALISSE, Xavier vs DAVYDENKO, Nikolay (6)

LJUBICIC, Ivan (4) vs ALMAGRO, Nicolas
MARTIN, Alberto vs CLEMENT, Arnaud
FERRERO, Juan Carlos vs GOLDSTEIN, Paul
SODERLING, Robin vs GONZALEZ, Fernando (15)

BAGHDATIS, Marcos (10) vs BENNETEAU, Julien
HRBATY, Dominik vs Q
PHAU, Bjorn vs ACASUSO, Jose
SAFIN, Marat vs ROBREDO, Tommy (7)

STEPANEK, Radek (8) vs VLIEGEN, Kristof
MOYA, Carlos vs GAUDIO, Gaston
BJORKMAN, Jonas vs HENMAN, Tim
MURRAY, Andy vs FERRER, David (12)

NIEMINEN, Jarkko (14) vs Q
POLANSKY, Peter (WC) vs DANCEVIC, Frank (WC)
Q vs Q
GINEPRI, Robby vs NALBANDIAN, David (3)

BLAKE, James (5) vs BESTER, Philip (WC)
SANTORO, Fabrice vs GASQUET, Richard
Q vs VERDASCO, Fernando
Q vs RODDICK, Andy (9)

BERDYCH, Tomas (13) vs NESTOR, Daniel (WC)
YOUZHNY, Mikhail vs RUSEDSKI, Greg
Q vs Q
MASSU, Nicolas vs NADAL, Rafael (2)

CarstenL01
08-05-2006, 11:05 PM
that's SUCH a typical draw for tommy this year....:mad:

08-06-2006, 12:39 AM
that's SUCH a typical draw for tommy this year....:mad:
Of course, what other kind of draw would Tommy ever get :fiery:

yumo
08-06-2006, 02:10 AM
http://www.tennis.com.cn/bbs/uploadFiles/2006-08/6_3563818_1.jpg

Alexiana
08-06-2006, 11:27 AM
I hate the draw makers....

CarstenL01
08-06-2006, 01:56 PM
I hate the draw makers....

I think they have something like a "standard-draw" what they use, so it isn't their fault ;) :haha:

TommyB.
08-06-2006, 02:23 PM
It seems that he has Kiefer's part from 2005...always near Roger at Masters or Grand-Slams. :rolleyes:

But let's concentrate on Tommy's first round against Max M. :)

Alexiana
08-06-2006, 04:13 PM
I think they have something like a "standard-draw" what they use, so it isn't their fault ;) :haha:

they could change that...they change everything else...... :mad:

robinhood
08-06-2006, 06:49 PM
Apparently Fed is in a big-tourney-draw-package deal Haas signed up for this year.
It's unbelivable!!
How can this keep happening??? :mad:

Alexiana
08-06-2006, 07:50 PM
Apparently Fed is in a big-tourney-draw-package deal Haas signed up for this year.
It's unbelivable!!
How can this keep happening??? :mad:

I don't know....That really sucks....I bet he faces Fed in the first round at the US Open.... :mad: :mad: :mad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

08-06-2006, 08:03 PM
I don't know....That really sucks....I bet he faces Fed in the first round at the US Open.... :mad: :mad: :mad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
Look at the bright side :) This year at times Roger has not played as well as he usually does. So far Rafa has been the only person that has defeated Roger. However, if a player like Tommy could catch Roger at a time he wasn't playing as well as he usually does and Tommy played a great game--well Tommy could win :D Roger so far this year has gotten by at times without always playing his best tennis. I have been thinking all year that some player is going to benefit from that. But so far Roger still always has found a way to win (except against Rafa). Tommy came close at the AO this year. But right now I'm like TommyB I'm more concerned about "Mad Max".

Alexiana
08-06-2006, 08:10 PM
Look at the bright side :) This year at times Roger has not played as well as he usually does. So far Rafa has been the only person that has defeated Roger. However, if a player like Tommy could catch Roger at a time he wasn't playing as well as he usually does and Tommy played a great game--well Tommy could win :D Roger so far this year has gotten by at times without always playing his best tennis. I have been thinking all year that some player is going to benefit from that. But so far Roger still always has found a way to win (except against Rafa). Tommy came close at the AO this year. But right now I'm like TommyB I'm more concerned about "Mad Max".

I don't think Roger plays far away from his best... :rolleyes:

08-07-2006, 12:46 AM
I don't think Roger plays far away from his best... :rolleyes:
How often have you been able to watch Roger on TV this year or last year? Let me tell you he has done a lot more things this year that he rarely ever did last year. He has hit a lot of tennis balls into the net and hit a lot of tennis balls wide this year. Sometimes this year he has not even looked like Roger playing :eek: But yet he still has had enough to pull the Match out. I think players go into a Match thinking they are going to get defeated by Roger.
They may not admit this to anyone, but I believe that is their true feelings. So what happens they get defeated by Roger whether he is playing at his best or not :rolleyes: Rafa on the other hand goes out to play Roger thinking he is going to defeat Roger. A player has to first defeat Roger's myth--that he can't be defeated. That has to be done in the player's mind before they take the court. No player that thinks Roger is going to defeat them will ever defeat Roger. Players have to stop thinking of Roger as Superman. Yes he is a great player, but even Superman had a weakness. The mind is the first key to defeating Roger.

kiwifan80
08-07-2006, 03:27 AM
Yeah obviously this draw isn't good, but who knows? I know it seems like Fed's invincable but we've seen Tommy challenge him before. Lets see what he can do. Good luck Tommy!

08-07-2006, 06:12 AM
Auf geht's Tommy :D

robinhood
08-07-2006, 07:27 AM

Thanks to his ranking, this won't happen.
But being a low seed has done nothing for him. He needs to up his ranking higher so that he is guaranteed to avoid facing Fed until at least QFs or something.

Jogy
08-07-2006, 12:22 PM
I hope Tommy win at least first matches until Federer!
Or Federer looses early :devil: But then I believe Tommy will not making use of it and lose early too :rolleyes:

Really very strange how much Tommy plays Federer :(
I recalling last year Kiefer got Federer so much times and this year it is Tommy :mad: Federer, go away from the Germans and annoy some Croatians or Argentines :p :lol:

08-07-2006, 04:11 PM
I hope Tommy win at least first matches until Federer!
Or Federer looses early :devil: But then I believe Tommy will not making use of it and lose early too :rolleyes:

Really very strange how much Tommy plays Federer :(
I recalling last year Kiefer got Federer so much times and this year it is Tommy :mad: Federer, go away from the Germans and annoy some Croatians or Argentines :p :lol:
I agree let Federer annoy someone else :yeah: And I don't know about Tommy's Match against Max. Tommy has a good H2H against Max. Of course, Tommy was not having a good year last year so Max defeated him a couple of times. I don't know if those 2 defeats are hurting Tommy on the vBetting odds or what? But I just don't like the vBetting odds on Tommy's Match. So that makes me concerned about Tommy winning the Match.

08-07-2006, 04:17 PM
Thanks to his ranking, this won't happen.
But being a low seed has done nothing for him. He needs to up his ranking higher so that he is guaranteed to avoid facing Fed until at least QFs or something.
Believe me I'm sure Tommy is trying to get his ranking up :) However, even at #17 he is only one below where he was ranked in 4/05 which was #16. Then the 2005 year went downhill fast so Tommy has had to climb back up yet again :( So if he can keep it together this year his ranking definitely will go up higher :D Keep it together Tommy please :angel:

Jogy
08-07-2006, 04:43 PM
I agree let Federer annoy someone else :yeah: And I don't know about Tommy's Match against Max. Tommy has a good H2H against Max. Of course, Tommy was not having a good year last year so Max defeated him a couple of times. I don't know if those 2 defeats are hurting Tommy on the vBetting odds or what? But I just don't like the vBetting odds on Tommy's Match. So that makes me concerned about Tommy winning the Match.
I do not worry so much. I have good feel that Tommy will continue to dominating Mirnyi and make 8-1 after that match :)
I hope Tommy can play well and then it's a win for him :yeah:

08-07-2006, 05:49 PM
I do not worry so much. I have good feel that Tommy will continue to dominating Mirnyi and make 8-1 after that match :)
I hope Tommy can play well and then it's a win for him :yeah:
:lol: Well I guess I worry too much. I just want Tommy to do well :)

Alexiana
08-08-2006, 12:45 PM
Good luck Tommy :)

TommyB.
08-08-2006, 01:57 PM
Yes he has an excellent H2H against Mirnyi but Max won their last meeting...be careful Tommy!

Auf geht's :)

Alexiana
08-08-2006, 05:21 PM
Yes he has an excellent H2H against Mirnyi but Max won their last meeting...be careful Tommy!

Tommy won 6-3, 6-3 :D

TommyB.
08-08-2006, 05:43 PM
Tommy won 6-3, 6-3 :D

Yeah and very easy today! I think he's on fire again. ;)

08-08-2006, 06:19 PM
Tommy won :yippee: :woohoo: I'm so happy :D

kiwifan80
08-08-2006, 09:44 PM

Yeah it seems like it. He does seem really confident:)

08-09-2006, 05:30 AM
He has to play Dima again :eek: He just played him in the L.A. Final. Which I'm thankful Tommy won :) But Tommy had really better come out on fire for this Match because Dima won the 1st Set off him in L.A. And, in fact, for a while it looked like Dima was going to win the Tournament :eek: :eek: Tommy didn't seem to get going in that Match until the last part of the 2nd Set. I don't think he can afford to play like that again against Dima or Tommy may end up on the wrong end of the scoreboard :banghead:

TommyB.
08-09-2006, 09:43 AM
Tommy can do it again! ;)

08-09-2006, 09:45 AM
Tommy can do it again! ;)

I love your confidence :D Auf geht's Tommy :)

Alexiana
08-09-2006, 11:47 AM
Tommy will do it :D Kick some ass :devil:

TommyB.
08-09-2006, 02:09 PM
I love your confidence :D Auf geht's Tommy :)

Tommy needs our confidence! :D

mays
08-09-2006, 02:48 PM
heyyy guuuuyssss!!!!!!

lsn i know this is not the right forum, and sorry if someone has posted this before!! BUUTTT i had too. i was just watching this us open ad on the net and TOMMMMY IS IN IT!! he looks greaaat!! looool enjoyy :)

heres the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voCT7ihVVfo

08-09-2006, 09:59 PM
heyyy guuuuyssss!!!!!!

lsn i know this is not the right forum, and sorry if someone has posted this before!! BUUTTT i had too. i was just watching this us open ad on the net and TOMMMMY IS IN IT!! he looks greaaat!! looool enjoyy :)

heres the link
I couldn't find Tommy :confused: I saw James Blake and Andre. Oh well I'm sure I'll see the Ad you are talking about on TV. I have already seen quite a few ads for the U.S. Open, but so far Tommy hasn't been in them :sad:

mays
08-09-2006, 10:35 PM
I couldn't find Tommy :confused: I saw James Blake and Andre. Oh well I'm sure I'll see the Ad you are talking about on TV. I have already seen quite a few ads for the U.S. Open, but so far Tommy hasn't been in them :sad:

this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voCT7ihVVfo has the ad, loool i live in the middle east so theres a FAAAAT chance id find any tennis commercials here ANNNNYY time soon. tommy is after lleyton, he says "10 cities" then roddick comes on.

kiwifan80
08-09-2006, 11:03 PM
He has to play Dima again :eek: He just played him in the L.A. Final. Which I'm thankful Tommy won :) But Tommy had really better come out on fire for this Match because Dima won the 1st Set off him in L.A. And, in fact, for a while it looked like Dima was going to win the Tournament :eek: :eek: Tommy didn't seem to get going in that Match until the last part of the 2nd Set. I don't think he can afford to play like that again against Dima or Tommy may end up on the wrong end of the scoreboard :banghead:

I agree I think he's go to get a quick start. But Tursanov seems to have trouple when oponents mix things up. Therfore I hope that tommy goes into this match with that mindset. Serve and volley a couple of times maybe play some loopy shots, hit a drop shot or two, and some angles. I feel like he shouldn't just sit back and bang from the baseline

08-10-2006, 12:42 AM
I agree I think he's go to get a quick start. But Tursanov seems to have trouple when oponents mix things up. Therfore I hope that tommy goes into this match with that mindset. Serve and volley a couple of times maybe play some loopy shots, hit a drop shot or two, and some angles. I feel like he shouldn't just sit back and bang from the baseline
Well not only didn't he get off to a quick start, but from what was said in the Tournament scoring thread at the end Tommy completely lost it. And I'm just not talking about the tennis match! Posters said Tommy's behavior was awful :eek: Of course, that could have been from posters that were against Tommy to begin with :unsure: And since I couldn't see the Match for myself I have no idea what went on :sad: Tommy :bigcry:

kiwifan80
08-10-2006, 09:20 AM
Well not only didn't he get off to a quick start, but from what was said in the Tournament scoring thread at the end Tommy completely lost it. And I'm just not talking about the tennis match! Posters said Tommy's behavior was awful :eek: Of course, that could have been from posters that were against Tommy to begin with :unsure: And since I couldn't see the Match for myself I have no idea what went on :sad: Tommy :bigcry:

No Pat Mac said the same thing. Tommy really needs to stop with his dramatic behavior. Far too often he gets too upset, when it's not neccessary which explains the last couple of sets :(

TommyB.
08-10-2006, 09:26 AM
His behaviour was typical of Tommy when he had a bad day. He broke his racket, got bookings and a point withdrawal. But this is Tommy. It seems he was very frustrated yesterday! :shrug: Well it's a pity that he lost in the second round but Federer was waiting. ;)

I'm watching the LA final now! :p

LilyRoseAva
08-10-2006, 09:51 AM
the video ,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zhW35NAmmM

TommyB.
08-10-2006, 10:18 AM
the video ,

:lol: Tommy! A nice performance. :rolls:

08-10-2006, 11:16 AM
No Pat Mac said the same thing. Tommy really needs to stop with his dramatic behavior. Far too often he gets too upset, when it's not neccessary which explains the last couple of sets :(
From what you said about Pat Mac I guess I could have watched the Match. Thankfully I didn't realize that at the time because it was bad enough in the Tournament Scoring Thead :eek: I think this behavior is what they were talking about in L.A. when they said Tommy was "mentally
fragile". I didn't like the use of the word "fragile". I thought it made Tommy sound like a wimp which he isn't
at all. On the tennis court I could accept the term "mentally unstable" for Tommy's behavior, but that makes him sound like some sort of "nut case". I guess I really like your term best "dramatic behavior". But what set him off? Obviously he was playing badly, but why? He had just defeated Dima in L.A. Tommy :rolleyes:

08-10-2006, 11:26 AM
:lol: Tommy! A nice performance. :rolls:
With my equipment it took forever to see Dima's serve so I never really got to see Tommy 's performance. I saw him on the other side of the court, but that was all. Actually I'm glad I didn't see his "performance". Maybe he should have been an actor :p

TommyB.
08-10-2006, 12:15 PM
Mae - Tommy shot a ball outside the court and got this point withdrawal for that. It was the game point for Dima...3:0 third set. And then he said some "nice words" to the umpire during the whole interval. ;)

I read an german article about yesterday. They wrote that Tommy was already frustrated before the match started. His coach Hogstedt wasn't there and Tommy was furios that he couldn't play on Centre Court. This last part i can't understand. Okay he loves to play on the big courts but he has no Top 5 or Top 10 ranking. And the Grandstand isn't a small court. :rolleyes:

I hope he can forget this day!

Alexiana
08-10-2006, 12:30 PM
the video ,

OMG Tommy, you're such a Drama Queen :lol: I had to laugh badly, although I'm sad he lost

Alexiana
08-10-2006, 12:32 PM
this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voCT7ihVVfo has the ad, loool i live in the middle east so theres a FAAAAT chance id find any tennis commercials here ANNNNYY time soon. tommy is after lleyton, he says "10 cities" then roddick comes on.

:drool:

08-10-2006, 05:59 PM
OMG Tommy, you're such a Drama Queen :lol: I had to laugh badly, although I'm sad he lost
Well I like Tommy Baby better, but Drama Queen does have a nice ring to it :lol: Maybe I was right he should have been a actor :p

08-10-2006, 06:12 PM
Mae - Tommy shot a ball outside the court and got this point withdrawal for that. It was the game point for Dima...3:0 third set. And then he said some "nice words" to the umpire during the whole interval. ;)

I read an german article about yesterday. They wrote that Tommy was already frustrated before the match started. His coach Hogstedt wasn't there and Tommy was furios that he couldn't play on Centre Court. This last part i can't understand. Okay he loves to play on the big courts but he has no Top 5 or Top 10 ranking. And the Grandstand isn't a small court. :rolleyes:

I hope he can forget this day!
Yes in the scoring thread they mentioned about Tommy hitting a ball outside the court and that he got a point taken away for that. But apparently the problem had already started well before the Match. In a way I don't blame Tommy for being upset that his coach wasn't there because IMO coaches should be there for their players. However, there are players that at one time or another don't even have coaches and they still play. But I don't like the part about him wanting to be on Centre Court. It makes him sound like some kind of a "Diva" :eek: I know that term is usually used for females singers, actresses, etc. , but that is what that behavior reminds me of. Tommy has been in tennis long enough to know you have to "earn" Centre Court by being a top player. And with a performance like yesterday's that won't do much for his ranking. My goodness he is 28 years old and has been playing tennis for years--Tommy grow up :rolleyes: And quickly please like before the next Tournament :angel: All he did yesterday was cost himself some points :ras:

08-10-2006, 06:33 PM
:lol: Alexiana look at the title of the next Tournament Thread. I couldn't help myself it was too good to pass up :rolls:

kiwifan80
08-10-2006, 07:28 PM
But I don't like the part about him wanting to be on Centre Court. It makes him sound like some kind of a "Diva" :eek: I know that term is usually used for females singers, actresses, etc. , but that is what that behavior reminds me of. Tommy has been in tennis long enough to know you have to "earn" Centre Court by being a top player. And with a performance like yesterday's that won't do much for his ranking. My goodness he is 28 years old and has been playing tennis for years--Tommy grow up :rolleyes: And quickly please like before the next Tournament :angel: All he did yesterday was cost himself some points :ras:

I sware between him and Kiwi, I'm gunna go crazy :p
They both are so extreme w/ their emotions, and sometimes it really works against them. Maybe it's a German thing lol But yeah I hope he can go into the next tournie a little less angry lol. But as TommyB sorta said earlier, that's what makes Tommy.... Tommy

08-11-2006, 05:40 AM
I sware between him and Kiwi, I'm gunna go crazy :p
They both are so extreme w/ their emotions, and sometimes it really works against them. Maybe it's a German thing lol But yeah I hope he can go into the next tournie a little less angry lol. But as TommyB sorta said earlier, that's what makes Tommy.... Tommy
Well being from the U.S. we should I guess be used to hearing about emotional players. Because there have been some in U.S. Tennis History. But the thing about some of the U.S. players they actually seemed to play better when they were being emotional. Their emotions worked for them and not against them. They got fired up and played harder and better. While Tommy just seems to have a complete meltdown :eek: I don't know anything about Kiwi
at all. In fact when I first came here I had to ask who Kiwi was :silly: I had heard his real name a few times, but didn't know he was called Kiwi :rolleyes: During a Match today some man associated with tennis; I can't remember the name given, asked Pat Mac if he had seen Tommy's Match and when Pat Mac said no he hadn't seen it. The man said Tommy's actions were "disgraceful". I couldn't help but laugh because I have heard a lot about Pat's brother John and some of his actions on a tennis court--they lacked some "grace" also apparently :lol:

the_natural
08-11-2006, 08:58 AM
:sad: Dannngg Tommmyyy, your one of the best players in the world!!!! If you werent so quick to meltdown youd be Ranked number 3 in the world by now.

I Think its a shame because Tommy Coulda beaten Federer, Tommy is one of the few intelligent and talented players out there. (Im still upset about how he was ROBBED at the Aust Open, because his stupid string broken on break point!!!!!)

08-11-2006, 12:54 PM
:sad: Dannngg Tommmyyy, your one of the best players in the world!!!! If you werent so quick to meltdown youd be Ranked number 3 in the world by now.

I Think its a shame because Tommy Coulda beaten Federer, Tommy is one of the few intelligent and talented players out there. (Im still upset about how he was ROBBED at the Aust Open, because his stupid string broken on break point!!!!!)
Hi there :wavey: It's nice to see you in Tommy's Forum :D And it's nice to have another poster in here who has haunting memories of what might have been for Tommy.
I can't forget Houston where Tommy would have won the Title if he hadn't gotten his wrist injuried :rolleyes:

08-11-2006, 11:32 PM
heyyy guuuuyssss!!!!!!

heres the link
mays I saw the ad for the U.S. Open that Tommy was in :)
He looked great as always :drool: And I can't remember if it was the same ad or not, but in one of those ads Andy Roddick gets messed up on what is he supposed to say--and they left it in the ad :lol: It is funny :rolls:

mays
08-12-2006, 12:04 PM
mays I saw the ad for the U.S. Open that Tommy was in :)
He looked great as always :drool: And I can't remember if it was the same ad or not, but in one of those ads Andy Roddick gets messed up on what is he supposed to say--and they left it in the ad :lol: It is funny :rolls:

yea thats the one i was talking abt hehe

08-12-2006, 02:02 PM
yea thats the one i was talking abt hehe
I thought it was the same ad. And of all people to mess up on a line I wouldn't have thought it would be Andy Roddick :eek: But I'm glad they left it in because it did make it funny :lol:

the_natural
08-15-2006, 08:10 AM
Hi there :wavey: It's nice to see you in Tommy's Forum :D And it's nice to have another poster in here who has haunting memories of what might have been for Tommy.
I can't forget Houston where Tommy would have won the Title if he hadn't gotten his wrist injuried :rolleyes:

Thanks for the welcome :D I really didnt know much about Tommy till kooyong this year, first he beat Federer but then when I heard him talk, he has no fear, ive tried to find out as much as possible about him since then and I think hes is truely one of the most underratted players on the tour today.

08-15-2006, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the welcome :D I really didnt know much about Tommy till kooyong this year, first he beat Federer but then when I heard him talk, he has no fear, ive tried to find out as much as possible about him since then and I think hes is truely one of the most underratted players on the tour today.
Well physically he has had two shoulder surgeries on his right shoulder and he is right handed so I am thankful he is finally able to play on the Tour again. Back before all the shoulder problems he was ranked #2 in the World. But mentally Tommy has these "meltdowns" where he gets upset about something or somethings and then the tennis normally just goes downhill. That happened in Canada. Tommy is fearless off court as well. He has flown with the Blue Angels here in American. The Blue Angels are an elite group of pilots with the U.S. Navy. They perform in air shows and do all sorts of tricks in their shows. I wouldn't want to be onboard with them myself because they have those planes doing some wild things, but Tommy loved it.