Help... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Help...

jkim3464
07-28-2006, 02:55 AM
I've played tennis couple years back...I wasn't too great so I stopped playing. I just started back again and I've been improving pretty well.

Ok here's my problem....everytime I hit the ball with a forehand the racquet seems to move within my hand. I put overgrip on and it made it worse, so I took it off. Is this happening because the grip is too small or too big or am I not grasping the grip hard enough?

Excuse me for this stupid question, but I kinda new to tennis.

Jon45189
07-28-2006, 04:19 AM
There's a pretty good grip measuring guide on tenniswarehouse.com. If you do have the right grip, then you probably need to hold the racquet tighter, just when you make contact with the ball.

GTR
07-30-2006, 02:16 PM
I've played tennis couple years back...I wasn't too great so I stopped playing. I just started back again and I've been improving pretty well.

Ok here's my problem....everytime I hit the ball with a forehand the racquet seems to move within my hand. I put overgrip on and it made it worse, so I took it off. Is this happening because the grip is too small or too big or am I not grasping the grip hard enough?

If your hand is slipping , try to use a tacky overgrip which means sticky. I would probably suggest the white pro overgrip from wilson as it doesn't let the racquet slip from my hand. many people say to do this ( i do it as well), to get power on most of your shots, you should be gripping the racquet as lightly as possible,(not too light so it will slip off), so you will have a whippy effect which produces power or topspin in your style of play. And to achieve this i think you should buy tacky overgrips.

tennis lover
07-31-2006, 03:19 AM

this happens to me sometimes as well. I think for me it's when I don't grip it hard enough because I've lost concentration or something, I don't think it's the grip because it doesn't happen all the time.